As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Legendary Seliph gets a yawn from me. Never played that game and as a unit he seems kinda like a buffed up Sword Reinhardt. Rest of the banner is pretty weak, though red is good overall.

New refines, well I'm sure there are tons of people with maxed Fem Corrin and Sheena out there who will love it. And they sure needed it. I have a bad IV evil Celica but it'd need to be a really crazy refine to make me use her.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Yeah. His self-heal is interesting, but aside from Tempest and Chain Challenges, when do you really need it? The middle tiers of Hero Battles? I doubt it'll cut it in Abyssals.

That said, he might actually be a decent pull for me because the quest to clear Conrad with all cavalry has made me realize my horse emblem sucks. If you really want him, the only other red focus units are Sothis and Mirabilis, so it's not the worst banner.

• Options
    I think this is the first time I've ever had 500+ orbs.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I'm over 800 orbs and 500k feathers. Haven't had a streak of banners I've been so completely disinterested in since release.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/takMnGro9Gs

The theme here is "unit's first action during a turn".

I might drop a few orbs and see if I pull a Dorothea, but I won't go deep.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/takMnGro9Gs

The theme here is "unit's first action during a turn".

I might drop a few orbs and see if I pull a Dorothea, but I won't go deep.

Not how I expected Rhea's initial representation in Heroes to go, in a number of respects. cuboon gonna cuboon, I guess.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    "Hanging with tens" is probably "hanging ten" translated to Japanese then translated back into English literally

• Options
    Ingrid looks like interesting fodder. Trying to figure out whether "guard bearing" is worth it on a +10 Ashnard. Only applying to the first hit when he is always doubled is one thing, but the restriction of "first combat per turn" seems unnecessarily harsh.

He would certainly need the QR3 seal if he used guard bearing, but that is always in high demand.

• Options
    Opty wrote: »
    "Hanging with tens" is probably "hanging ten" translated to Japanese then translated back into English literally

I figured it meant all the ladies on the banner are "10s".

Also, +9 Ashnard get.

• Options
    I've waited for the reruns on my other GHB +10s, but Ashnard is getting pressed into arena service immediately. Besides, I had 3600 Grails. No regrets!

• Options
    Fuck this Hall of Forms. I'm not gonna be able to finish it.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »

I figured it meant all the ladies on the banner are "10s".

Also, +9 Ashnard get.

Maybe they're trying to tell you to +10 them

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular

It's definitely the weakest Hall of Forms line up so far. Double armor means you desperately need movement options just so they can function, and double flier means any random archer is now suddenly a huge threat. Shout out to winter Eirika for being particularly awful if you don't luck your way into getting key skills on her, and it being a total nightmare to get kills with her safely in the first place. (And she's arguably still very mediocre even if you do get a couple good skills on her.)

I pretty much relied on winter Ephraim to be an all star and handle 70% of the work himself, with the few threats he can't handle being swept up by Tana who has to also use her weapon as armor transport duty. Sometimes Eirika could actually get in range to keep her brother going strong. Innes mostly just watched, frankly.

• Options
    Woo, got Ingrid for 4 orbs! Second blue out of three, then backed out.

Sturdy impact and Alert Stance hmmm... Still unsure how much better alert stance (guard bearing is a stupid name!) + QR seal is than QR B slot and mirror stance seal.

• Options

It's definitely the weakest Hall of Forms line up so far. Double armor means you desperately need movement options just so they can function, and double flier means any random archer is now suddenly a huge threat. Shout out to winter Eirika for being particularly awful if you don't luck your way into getting key skills on her, and it being a total nightmare to get kills with her safely in the first place. (And she's arguably still very mediocre even if you do get a couple good skills on her.)

I pretty much relied on winter Ephraim to be an all star and handle 70% of the work himself, with the few threats he can't handle being swept up by Tana who has to also use her weapon as armor transport duty. Sometimes Eirika could actually get in range to keep her brother going strong. Innes mostly just watched, frankly.

With the exception of Innes getting Shove, I never saw any movement skills. The closest I got was Fruit of Idunn on Tana. I was feeling good early on because Eirika had some good skills and was way ahead of the leveling curve thanks to healing XP being easy to come by, but as soon as I hit the 40+ level enemies, I just couldn't make any progress.

I've dumped about 40 orbs into the new banner with nothing to show for it. I know when to cut my losses and move on. Ashnard doesn't need Guard Bearing that badly.

• Options
    Decided guard bearing isn't a good fit for Ashnard after all. I think it works on fast units, but if you're always getting doubled the benefit just isn't enough. 50% off the first hit is just a 25% reduction in total damage, and that isn't even taking 2 CD specials into account. You'd eat those for full damage.

Straight up warding stance seal + qr B skill is better until the incoming mage attack is greater than 61, and then guard bearing starts to marginally win out. But if you get a second engagement on the same turn, guard bearing does nothing!

Guess I'll wait til either someone really needs sturdy impact or there's a fast new flier I like (Jill when??).

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Did not realize an actual new heroes banner was coming in July. A threat to my stash for the legendary banner! We will see if it's worthy of a spark.

• Options
    Acheron wrote: »
    Did not realize an actual new heroes banner was coming in July. A threat to my stash for the legendary banner! We will see if it's worthy of a spark.

Yeah they seem to have settled on a routine of one special, one normal.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Byleth's duo skill is so good I thought I'd try for a +1 merge on her. Dumped 100 orbs before being pity broken by fuckin' Phina

Not even useful as fodder

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/RIGrKUNf930

I know there are some people who've really wanted Kris in for a while.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Hey they finally added me to Heroes.. Twice in one banner :P

(I'm glad they're adding girl Kris... She's weirdly less popular than the already hated male Kris)

Also Jesus, about time they added Lena and Julian.. Two most notable shadow dragon ommissions IMO

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    While I'm not saying these characters won't be good, this immediately feels like a fodder banner to me due to being able to double up on some premium skills so easily.
    Kris - Inherit new Spurn 3 + Joint Drive Attack
    Julian - Close Foil + Lull Atk/Spd
    Kris - Spurn 3 + Fury 4

Also, dear god do they need to do something to spice up healers again. Every new healer is an immediate yawn because they have no desirable skills EVEN FOR HEALERS. We need more prf staves and some exclusive A or C stave skills, just something so these units aren't immediate dross.

• Options
    Yeah, Lena popped up and I immediately thought "welp, here's the 4 star focus/demote"

• Options
    Woof not a fan of this banner. Healers are a joke now, and I don't know any of these characters. Is Kris like a Robin that was retconned into Marth's game?

Close foil and lull a/s is potentially good enough to spark for, but I won't since I don't have any projects who really want it.

Maybe NEXT month will be the Tellius banner.

• Options
    The only thing I can think of that a healer could do to excite me is grant the Guard Bearing buff or something like that. Give a unit a shield that reduces the next hit they take by 50%. That could be the difference between life and death in Abyssals.

• Options
    There's a lot of potential support options they could grant healers besides the actual health restoration or simple stat boost. It's just that they've been largely using those ideas on things like duo heroes activated abilities, instead.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Is Kris like a Robin that was retconned into Marth's game?

Basically, yeah. Once the Fire Emblem started getting localized there was only one Fire Emblem that did not get a Western release. Kris is from that one game. I believe it's a remake of Fire Emblem 3.

• Options
    It's going to be very tempting to spark for Julian in order to inherit Close Foil and Lull Atk/Spd onto either my +10 Tharja or Brunnya...
    On the other hand, CYL is starting to loom on the horizon and the ole orb stash isn't very big right now.
    On the other other hand, CYL heroes always show up on other banners at better rates in the future anyway...

Sigh.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Ironically I got Lena and Julian like second circle.... and it took freaking forever to get Kris -_- I wanted to try to +10 female Kris but I don't feel like spending that much, so bleh. She has a couple merges, good enough for now.

Also I feel like Kris is way better written here than in the fan translation of FE12. Maybe people would hate him/her less if the fan dub didn't suck :P The forging bonds story is kinda fun :P With the exception of the god-awful Nifl family one (I don't think anything has made me hate Gunnthra more), I've generally liked a lot of them.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I love it when FB lampshades metagame concepts like alts and avatars

• Options
    I've given it a few weeks, and yep - I don't enjoy Resonant Battles at all

Maybe it's more fun for people with a good cavalry team?

• Options
    I've given it a few weeks, and yep - I don't enjoy Resonant Battles at all

Maybe it's more fun for people with a good cavalry team?

Look up pheonixmaster1 f2p videos. I enjoy it much more when I don't have to think and can just follow one of his strategies. It's still kinda a shitty mode tho

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I kinda like resonant battles. Chasing the thieves and using various movement skills I usually don't, like hit and run or lunge. But I have to admit it's annoying to get a perfect run with only one dancer and see myself still not high in the rankings. I suppose it's because all the other people have the Awakening duo hero? Extra points?

Acheron on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    I kinda like resonant battles. Chasing the thieves and using various movement skills I usually don't, like hit and run or lunge. But I have to admit it's annoying to get a perfect run with only one dancer and see myself still not high in the rankings. I suppose it's because all the other people have the Awakening duo hero? Extra points?

i like my Lilith + support partner with L. Azura

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Well I broke 1000 orbs for the first time. Debating whether to pull for Gerik's firesweep axe to give to Echidna, get some Spurn fodder (man, I hate both Kris' arts, their eyes are so big), or just wait for Brave Heroes next month.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Unless you wanna play around with a Firesweep Axe + Null C Disrupt I dunno if I'd break the bank for it. Firesweep weapons are kinda underrated, but you can build a sword / lance user easily enough without having to burn orbs for it, and there are a lot of axes Echidna is good with (like Huge Fan).

• Options
    Wow, 1k is some serious saving. Close to +10ing a new hero territory. I'm juuuust about to 500. 4 person banners have low efficiency so I'm scared away from them aside from sparking. If the new Mythic is really tempting this month I might go nuts, but otherwise just hoping to +10 my LIke. And really hoping he gets a refine!

• Options
    Unless you wanna play around with a Firesweep Axe + Null C Disrupt I dunno if I'd break the bank for it. Firesweep weapons are kinda underrated, but you can build a sword / lance user easily enough without having to burn orbs for it, and there are a lot of axes Echidna is good with (like Huge Fan).

I burned my bad IV Nailah copy before, so she's already most of the way there:
    pMEQUmT.png?1

Plus pulling green gives me the chance to get the last couple merges—I already used the compile codexes one. I forgot about Huge Fan, though, that's also a good option.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Hmm yeah, if you have the Null C already (and DC to boot) then Firesweep becomes a lot more appealing. It's basically the exact same build I've run on Soleil forever, and while I have a lot of different swords and skills on her I rarely deviate from that setup anymore. Sucks that Firesweep Axe is the only 5* locked firesweep melee weapon, though.

I'm trying to build up Echidna myself, but she's only +6 right now. Will get the 7th from the limited manual, but I still need a +Spd copy to pull, too...