As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    So I decided to level this Flicker Strike Raider I had planned but discovered today that warcrys will not exert on attacks with Multistrike linked, and Flicker sucks without it.

So now I use Tec Slam and this is probably better. I got this Paradoxica for 35c

cgcqnv5nc400.png

It probably sucks for other builds but is basically perfect for mine, not done with story yet but it already slaps without that thing or an Impresence equipped.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/hjpw9q/changes_to_harvest_crafting/
    Last week we released a hotfix that made changes to Harvest crafting. The goal of this hotfix was to make Harvest crafting more accessible and better for players all-round. However, the hotfix unintentionally resulted in a significant nerf to crafting. This was a big mistake on our part. Tomorrow's 3.11.1 patch will significantly buff the affected crafting outcomes so that they are in a much better place.

When we launched Harvest, some of the crafts were accidentally disabled at higher levels. We planned a hotfix for last week that would turn these crafts back on, double the number of seeds you get in high-tier maps, fix up a bunch of crafting option weightings so that the more desirable ones occur more often, and so on. Generally a positive patch, we hoped.

Unfortunately, we made more mistakes and deployed a patch that made the situation a lot worse.

The final impact of all of the changes from the hotfix was that the chance of getting a desirable mod-adding or mod-removing craft decreased by between 25% to 40% for most mod tags. This is not what was intended, and we are very sorry about this mistake. It should not have been made and should have been fixed a lot faster.

One reason why we've been slow to fix this is that we wanted to check with code review and gathering logs that there was actually a problem (rather than players misreporting the issue or being unlucky). While it's good to be careful, it's unacceptable that this process took a week.

The 3.11.1 patch will not only fix this problem but will also get crafting into a much better state where you're getting way more of the outcomes that you actually want. The precise details will be in the patch notes early tomorrow, alongside deployment of the patch itself. (As a side note, 3.11.1 also doubles the rate of Tier 2 seeds that you find, which in turn results in you finding more Tier 3 and 4 seeds.)

This whole situation actually prompted quite a lot of internal review about how we handle processes like this. We're not pleased with what happened either. While we'd love to reassure you that it'll be better in the future, we're going to go with actions rather than words this time.

Bugfixes cause more bugs sometimes

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's no surprise that the player count dropped so drastically so fast. The farm has felt terrible to use.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Wait can't they just check percentages in the code? Do they have to rely on getting enough reports from players or logs to calculate the percentages themselves?
    Aegis wrote: Β»
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Every so often someone just wanders in and loots your open portals too unless you make your hideout impossible to traverse which is clearly annoying for everyone else.

They added an option this patch to make your hideout portals only useable by you didn't they?

Well they didn't advertise it well! Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Wait can't they just check percentages in the code? Do they have to rely on getting enough reports from players or logs to calculate the percentages themselves?
    Every so often someone just wanders in and loots your open portals too unless you make your hideout impossible to traverse which is clearly annoying for everyone else.

They added an option this patch to make your hideout portals only useable by you didn't they?

I mean, sure, if you wrote the code in a way that had a big 25% chance note in the line, maybe, but based on that and the way I've seen percentages laid out, there is a bunch of weird weighting that goes up into the 10 thousand region for chance to roll a specific mod. So I'm guessing someone added an extra 0 or w/e, and its not in an area thats super easy to check, especially while the work force is thoroughly disrupted by COVID.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: Β»

I mean, sure, if you wrote the code in a way that had a big 25% chance note in the line, maybe, but based on that and the way I've seen percentages laid out, there is a bunch of weird weighting that goes up into the 10 thousand region for chance to roll a specific mod. So I'm guessing someone added an extra 0 or w/e, and its not in an area thats super easy to check, especially while the work force is thoroughly disrupted by COVID.

yeah its interacting systems

doing stuff like adding or removing mods in total to the pool can dramatically change outcome balance even if individual outcomes are not having their chances changed. its all very emergent

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Are other people getting "unexpected disconnection occurred" when trying to login via Steam after the patch?

GeneralΓ­simo de Fuerzas Armadas de la RepΓΊblica Argentina
  • Options
    I am, but it specifically seems to be Washington - Texas and California work for me.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Yup, same experience now that I looked at the PoE official technical forum. I can connect to non-Washington DC servers.

GeneralΓ­simo de Fuerzas Armadas de la RepΓΊblica Argentina
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Sold the Anticipation for 4.5ex and immediately bought a Fated Connections. So now I have a 6-link Marohi, which lets me add Brutality for a 60% more multiplier.

That was a very nice jump in damage.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    they put the wolves from scourge onto a new claw

i dont think anybody has noticed the wolves now get ur bonuses to crit and critical strike multiplier...

the ring/neck version give u 30-60 damage to phys with 10 wolves out, the claw gives u 80-160 to all attacks including ur offhand

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Sitting in the hideout, messaging people to buy things, not hearing back from ten people, such a game.

After an hour of messaging finally get invited, open the trade and they cancel because I have the chaos orb value of the exalt not an exalt.

I'm going to play a better game.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    My worst trade experience so far this league was trying to buy a Spine of the First Claimant, listed for 1c. It didn't seem totally legit, but I sent the tell, because it was recently listed and there were a few others listed for 3-4c.

He didn't respond immediately, so I sent a tell to someone farther down the list selling one for 4c. The 1c guy messaged me and said "I'll consider selling it for 8c", which is a bit silly! But ya know, the 4c guy responded to me in the meantime, so I bought it from him.

I told the 1c guy "Nah I'm good, just bought one with the same rolls for 4c" and that was it. The whole thing took roughly 2 minutes, and was the most time I've spent trying to trade for a single item this league.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    what people using spine for?

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Wintertide brand seems to synergize really well with Vortex and/or cold snap, so it's getting some decent use on cold builds. I'm using it for a wintertide/vortex/cold snap trickster at the moment.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Not really digging the farm. The rewards seem mostly useful, at least while leveling, but setting things up is a hassle that takes time away from killing things.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Initial setup takes a while, it's like thirty minutes of placing stuff and you need to farm lifeforce for while to build stuff, but once the setup is done you just pop in every couple of maps like Delve.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    I always forget how ridiculous leveling a summoner is. Just finished act 5, have negatives resists across the board, my helm and gloves are still from A1, with a Wanderlust, Tabula, and a white shield that gives me a movement speed bonus, and as long as I can safety dance, it's mostly fine.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I found a Calamitous Visions and sold it for 11ex, then accidentally ruined my wand by crafting +1 cold spells, when it already had +1 all spells, only to find out I accidentally made a 25ex wand.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    so enduring cry is extremely broken and obviously so, but im not sure peopl ehave realised quite how broken

i had a level 37 character with 100% uptime on 56% flat pdr from 8 endurance charges and 80% uptime on 2k flat regen, 2 charges of enduring cry with 2second cooldown. combine this with another 20% or so pdr from chaos golem golementalist and ur hitting that 75% reduction with zero armour ez

oh also the enduring cry instantly gave her 8 charges - u can actually do the oldschool self-cast discharge enduring cry build this league if u use redblade banner

now this is all well and good but with a sensible +gem level setup and chaos innoc + zealots oath u can be running a 75% pdr energy shield build with 5k flat es regen with nearly 100% uptime and, to pile pelion upon ossa, the ability to activate a full duration full power immortal call whenever u want and INSTANTLY refresh all ur endurance charges with an instant cast second charge of end cry

its so fucking stupid im actually refusing to use it

oh yeah and if u play jugg and u ever die this patch u should probably reconsider ur plans

ok scratch that if u ever pick jugg over witch ur reported but DOUBLY so

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I always forget how ridiculous leveling a summoner is. Just finished act 5, have negatives resists across the board, my helm and gloves are still from A1, with a Wanderlust, Tabula, and a white shield that gives me a movement speed bonus, and as long as I can safety dance, it's mostly fine.

Yeah I hadn't played in years, but the summoner build I played in Delirium had no trouble until Baran and then Sirus. Didn't require any $$ to get off the ground either. This lacerate build I'm playing is highly rated and I'm having trouble with white maps. Just grind white maps till you get 2-3 ex and then you are all set? Oof.

What is broken about enduring cry?

38thDoE on steam

• Options

Yeah I hadn't played in years, but the summoner build I played in Delirium had no trouble until Baran and then Sirus. Didn't require any $$ to get off the ground either. This lacerate build I'm playing is highly rated and I'm having trouble with white maps. Just grind white maps till you get 2-3 ex and then you are all set? Oof.

What is broken about enduring cry?

Physical builds are highly dependent on the DPS stat of your weapons. Lacerate is usually a physical only skill, so you should pick the weapon type you want in trade, the limit you want to pay for something, and then sort by PDPS. Obviously attack speed is going to be a quality of life deal with this, but at least then you'll have something that can kill stuff.

• Options
    Is there a way to check that in game?
    I'm going to assume the answer is
    No and the reason is
    Diablo II didn't?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Average the listed damage, times by listed Attack Speed.

Edit: iirc local damage mods are calculated for the weapons listed damage per hit, so it's not too check. If you are going crit it's a little more complicated because you need to consider crit values. But also PDPS is still going to be super important.

Brody on

• Options
    Okay, I'm at 260DPS. I think I can afford a 350 DPS weapon. Maybe that will help a bit.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Don't forget about Harvest stuff, spamming re-roll with Attack mods crafts can easily give you something usable. To whit, another one of my items done with ONE attempt:

by438w8bob3y.png

T1 Life AND T1 flat Evasion. I'd try to go further on defenses but don't want to lose that latter one. I want an Elder chestpiece later anyways, I'll go ham on crafting that one when the time comes.

• Options
    Yeah, I've been spamming those but the 260 dps weapon has been my best so far. I need to get a 6 link chest to drop or a 6l recipe or something.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    weirdly arcanist brand triggers lightning warp from the player - in one sense obviously so but very strange feeling in practice - and there is definitely something truly bizarre to be doen with that, less duration and witchhunters brand...

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've been spamming those but the 260 dps weapon has been my best so far. I need to get a 6 link chest to drop or a 6l recipe or something.

important note, the ilvl of the weapon and ilvl of the flower you use to roll are both important

• Options
    Both are probably low 70s. That’s the content I’m in.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Low 70's should be enough to get you T2 or T3 on most of the important mods, so its just a matter of trying to get lucky with a good %phys/flat phys/%phys+acc or attack speed rolls. You hit two of those real high with an open option to craft one of the others on the table, and you should do pretty good.

• Options
    Isn't that Ichimonji totally viable as a weapon for most 1h melee builds into red maps?

• Options
    Isn't that Ichimonji totally viable as a weapon for most 1h melee builds into red maps?

Sure, as long as your build isn't invested into axes.

• Options

literally the entire game if u know wassup

theres some serious aura shit rn

eg supreme ego, honourhome double corrupt, level 4 empower, smite...

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

Sure, as long as your build isn't invested into axes.

Every build needs axes though. If you're only investing into one axis surely you end up too weak.
    :rotate:

• Options
    there is a cluster jewel notable for brand skills named "Brand Loyalty"

that is all

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    there is a cluster jewel notable for brand skills named "Brand Loyalty"

that is all

GGG is warning us that they are being subsumed by brand hunger.

• Options
    I guess I have skill ADD. I wasn't happy with how Tec Slam felt in maps, so I decided to eschew Infernal Cry and go with Flicker Strike again. Holy shit the clear is intense. Taking down Drox was....interesting, I may gem swap to something for big boss fights (map bosses are trivial so far with Flicker).

• Options
    I guess I have skill ADD. I wasn't happy with how Tec Slam felt in maps, so I decided to eschew Infernal Cry and go with Flicker Strike again. Holy shit the clear is intense. Taking down Drox was....interesting, I may gem swap to something for big boss fights (map bosses are trivial so far with Flicker).

I've leveled I think 4 different characters to maps so farm, but specters seem to be sticking. Hit 80 today, looking to swap to redemption sentries.

• Options
    Dropped a Shav's! Turning my Trickster into a BL miner when I can buy enough Orbs of Regret.