As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Day the Music Died - Act I: Rock Rebellion - A [Phalla] - It's Over!

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    I don't know where the day 5 Heaven stats even come from.
    I pretty certain it's the wardens that have the house lists, and we lost ours day 2.

The 2 alive prob compared notes and filled in the blanks

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Also me

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Heffling's vote record is atrocious

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Changing my vote to H3Knux

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Updated list of house stuff:

P: Partisan, NP: not Partisan, M:Suspected mafia (different count than NP/P)

House or the Rising Sun
    D1:P=1, NP=4, M=0|Mafia join:+1
    D2:P=1, NP=5, M=1|Cure 1 P, Complete partisan removal
    D3:P=0, NP=6, M=1|Partisan gain
    D4:P=1, NP=5, M=1|Complete partisan removal, P Cured: 1, Heaven Mafia join:1
    D5:P=0, NP=7, M=2|

House of 1982
    D1:P=1, NP=5, M=0|Mafia Join:+2 Deaths: -1NP
    D2:P=1, NP=6, M=2|Partisan Gain
    D3:P=3, NP=4, M=2|Partisan loss, P Cured 1 Deaths 1 M
    D4:P=1, NP=5, M=1|Partisan Gain, P Cured 1, Heaven Partisan Mafia join: 1
    D5:P=2, NP=5, M=2

Heaven House (information D3 and D4 suspect)
    D1:P=1, NP=4, M=0 | Partisan elimination Mafia join:+3 Deaths -1 P
    D2:P=0, NP=7, M=3 | Partisan gain Deaths -2 NP
    D3:P=1(?), NP = 4(?), M=3|Partisan gain Deaths: -1NP*
    D4:P=2(?), NP = 2(?), M=3|Deaths -1 M/P
    D5:P=1, NP=0, M=0

You'll note there is some inconsistencies in 1982 on D4. I'm not certain how to account for this but suspect some mafia may have been moving around earlier than was caught.

So, someone tell me if I am reading this right cause i'll admit i glossed over this originally cause I couldn't figure out what the bleep it was trying to say. Is this a correct interpretation:
    For Rising Sun - Game started with 1 Partisan, 4 Non-partisan, and 0 mafia (mafia not in a house at all at this point). End of the day 1 mafia joined the house and at the start of Day 2 there was 1 Partisan, 5 Non-partisans (one of whom is mafia).
    For 1982 - Game starts with 1 Partisan, 5 non-partisans, none of those 6 are mafia. End of day 2 mafia join and one Non-part dies leaving a Day 2 start of 1 partisan, 6 non-parts, and 2 of those 7 are mafia.

I think that' s right, though it took me forever to figure that out and now i feel like a dumbo.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Yeah that’s how I interpret D1 and D2, beyond that some of the movements recorded I don’t really follow. Like the heaven mafia partisan moving into 1982, but then shalmelo died as heaven affiliated. So it makes me wonder if they’re not actually jumping houses and just messing with the numbers.

So when I look at it I was looking at day 1 compared to what house people are claiming and ignoring all the stuff in between.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I'm also not sure if people who join houses are necessarily Mafia.
    I am wondering what happened to the patrons, what the word of the Trinity is, and whether it might be a village non-housed role.

Can someone please get me a vote count so I can ensure I'm voting the most non-LostNinja that I possibly can?
    Thanks

Do Stewards get told how many mafia are in each house or is that "calculated"? Not asking the last steward to answer obviously, hoping Blue shared the info before he died.

edited July 2020
    7 H3Knuckles – mamawolf (2), discrider (3), justiceforPluto (4), Heffling (5), Zombie Hero (13), 38thdoe (14), wildcat (15)

3 Heffling – Zombie Hero (6), Jpants (7), H3Knuckles (8), LostNinja (11), Obifett (12)

3 LostNinja – romanqwerty (1), Gizzy (9), H3Knuckles (10)

Gizzy on
    edited July 2020
    Also lets give this a whirl: Has anyone heard claim of another ability besides Steward's Guard and "Partisan Cleansing"? I'm trying to weigh the validity of a claim to me. Please PM me if you're willing to name ability (not who claimed it) so I can see if the claim made to me holds water?

JPants on
    edited July 2020
    Context .. discussion with Blue on out of Discrider and LostNinja, who we think might be mafia (before Kime claimed Heaven in thread)

Bluecyan July 7
    Either one would be doing a good job at mafiaing, and it well could be one is actually neutral as all I know is effectively three irregularities joining heaven day 2, not explicitly that they are mafia (though it looks darn likely).

Gizzy on
    Was the Steward's power boosted by partisanship?

JPants wrote: »
    Also lets give this a whirl: Has anyone heard claim of another ability besides Steward's Guard and "Partisan Cleansing"? I'm trying to weigh the validity of a claim to me. Please PM me if you're willing to name ability (not who claimed it) so I can see if the claim made to me holds water?

As the Partisans of a House increase in number, they will unlock special roles.
    So 1982 likely has more toys

edited July 2020
    discrider wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »

As the Partisans of a House increase in number, they will unlock special roles.
    So 1982 likely has more toys

This claim was that they had used their ability night 1.

JPants on
    Sure.
    Why not.
    I got no clue then.

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Annoyingly, I have been working the past few hours and haven't had the chance to really reason things out today, so apologies.

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Argle blargle !H3Knuckles.

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Day Six is over. Narration and results will be forthcoming.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Well, good game everyone.

Best of luck. Or not.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited July 2020
    Or not?

If you’re Village, and even as partisan you still have a chance of winning. It’s a team win not a survivor win.

Gizzy on
    Apparently this is a thing:
    de4hja7htoha.jpg
    And I hate it

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Or not?

If you’re Village, and even as partisan you still have a chance of winning. It’s a team win not a survivor win.

I don't. I clearly ate the vote, with a 4 lead.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Bees oar knot bees?

edited July 2020
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

Getting voted out does not equal losing the game

(Unless you had a survivor wincon)

Gizzy on
    OOh
    2 bee oar knot 2 bee

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Here we go.
    Guessing survival people joining houses.

edited July 2020
    Bees oar knot bees?

2 bees oar knot 2 bees.

Would've worked better with a portrait of the heroine of Nier:Automata.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    When you’re born in a crossfire hurricane, it takes a lot to faze you. The death of two Stewards, the unrest that could never seem to be quelled amongst the Houses, and the apparent infiltration by malicious forces meant nothing to Jumpin’ Jack Flash. As far as he was concerned, it was just another ordinary day, and he might as well get on with it. It was everyone else who needed to pull themselves together, because otherwise it was all going to fall apart. It was one thing to remain unfazed; it was another thing entirely for Jumpin’ Jack Flash to deal with unrest from within and invasion from without all on his own. So far the loss of two Stewards had not marred his progress, but who knew how long that would last.

As it turns out, it would not last very long at all. Jumpin’ Jack Flash was minding his own business, trying to get to the bottom of what was going on, when he suddenly experienced an unfamiliar feeling. It was a feeling that something was about to go horribly wrong. For him. Personally. For the first time in his life, he felt like something was going to happen to him that he would not be able to deal with. But, as we’ve previously established, Jumpin’ Jack Flash was not fazed by much. So he was, in fact, unfazed by the fact that he was now fazed. Unfortunately for him, he should have listened to his instincts, and perhaps he would have avoided the fate that ultimately befell him. Alas, Jumpin’ Jack Flash never saw his demise coming, and he remained unfazed until the end.

The removal of Jumpin’ Jack Flash happened with the explicit blessing of Blue Canary. It had not been an easy decision, but it had been a necessary one. Two Stewards had already fallen at the hands of the enemies of the Trinity, and now it was up to Blue Canary alone to make sure that the Houses did not fall. When they had originally agreed to be a Steward, this was not a scenario Blue Canary had ever envisioned happening, and they were not entirely sure that they were prepared for it. But the Trinity had entrusted them, and they were not about to break that trust because of their own insecurities. After all, they had been making steady progress at eliminating the looming threat and, the unfortunate demise of Jumpin’ Jack Flash notwithstanding, their judgment had been pretty sound thus far.

The fall of the Knights of Cydonia, however, was the proverbial Blue Canary in the coal mine. The Corrupted had, quite obviously, been gunning for the Stewards for days now, desperate to remove their leadership and influence. In truth, Blue Canary should have known that the Corrupted would be coming for them next. But Blue Canary remained unwaveringly focused on finding his enemies, without ever contemplating what their enemies were planning for them. The good work had paid off, but their luck was about to run out, and the Corrupted were about to fulfill their goal. Blue Canary was caught completely unawares when the thunder finally came for them.

Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door
    LostNinja (Jumpin’ Jack Flash) - Villager of the House That Heaven Built - Democracy'd
    romanqwerty (Blue Canary) - Steward of the House of 1982 - Thunderstruck

Tchaikovsky's News
    The Partisans have taken root in the House That Heaven Built!

Day Seven has begun! Results PMs will be going out shortly.

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Or not?

Apparently you live.....

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    You jerks!

edited July 2020
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Or not?

Apparently you live.....

What the fuck?

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    I think I need to re-evaluate some things

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    edited July 2020
    Locus wrote: »
    LostNinja (Jumpin’ Jack Flash) - Villager of the House That Heaven Built

No seriously, what the fuck?

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited July 2020
    So, those numbers Blue was posting, are they just complete nonsense then?

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    You've killed my last housemate and turned me partisan again!
    Why?!

I'm going Heffling

edited July 2020
    At least now I'm off the hook for speculating to LostNinja about Aura not partisaning.
    Was dreading me being completely hoodwinked and killing our Steward through talking to the Mafia :/

discrider on
    I was sure Lost was mafia or some kind of survivor.

camo_sig2-400.png
    I thought he was a house special.
    But I guess we only got a Steward.