As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Rumored to be part of the Hasbro announcement this Friday.

Next is the A-Team van and my 80's shelf will be complete.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    I want a 1980's Batmobile.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Hasbro had a "Fan First Friday" where they revealed some stuff. (Tigertracks redeco of Siege Sideswipe, Rotostorm redeco of Siege Spinister, that dead repaint of Earthrise Prime, some spiritual successors to actions masters (which will apparently include non-G1 characters at some point, Cheetor and TF: Prime Arcee are rumored), and G1 Blaster reissue. BttF reveal is set for next week.

But easily the most interesting thing they revealed was a Centurion Drone redeco of Siege Brunt. Now, G1 Brunt was just a tank for Tyrpticon and had no robot mode, so when they brought him back as a Weaponizer, they made his robot mode that of the Centurion Drone from the G1 cartoon; now we're getting a redeco of Brunt as the drone. Now this wouldn't be enough to get me insterested, and apparently Hasbro agreed as they stuffed him with a TON of random accessories, including
    • Optimus's Energon Axe
    • Optimus's Ion Blaster
    • Roller
    • Megatron's Energon Flail
    • ]Megatron's gun mode w/ attachable silencer
    • Shockwave's gun mode
    • Soundwave's tape deck mode
    • Refraktor's camera mode
    • Bumblebee's gun
    • Ironhide's drill gun
    • Cliffjumper's Glass Gas Gun
    • Sideswipe's rocket pack
    • Trailbreaker's radar dish
    • A cage for Ravage
    • Two energon cubes
    • A tiny Optimus Prime in scale with the tiny Rodimus and Galvatron that come with Planet class Unicron

Like, that's a lot of great accessories.

It was also erroneously listed at $20, which I manged to snag at the last minute. It's $30 now.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Yep, I snagged the Centurion for the $20 error as well. I mainly got it for the accessories and not so much the bot. That is cool about the Brunt/Centurion being made the way it was because of Centurion. I never understood Brunt's bot mode since I just leave him in tank mode, but now I do (also why he has a Cylon looking head).

I also got Tigertracks just because he looks neat. Plus he will look cool next to Red Alert and Sideswipe.

I almost ordered 2 Centurions for all the extras (extra Energon Cubes would be nice), but ended up just ordering one since I didn't need so many blasters and cages.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers-Toys-Vintage-G1-Autobot-Blaster-Collectible-Action-Figure/518556967

I think I'll wait for Blaster to come down in price a bit. Mainly because I already have the SDCC version from a while back and this one doesn't come with any cassettes (I know the original didn't come with any either).

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I was about to come here and post the photos from TFW2005. They're speculating that there will be a limited run of 1985 from Walmart in the USA then a mass release through Hasbro Pulse (and maybe Walmart after that). I so want one of these.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    The mashable article says they're up for preorder ar 1pm EST today. (A few minutes away)

Page isn't up yet.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TRA-GEN-PROJECT-FUTURE-DELUXE/504056937

• Options
    The mashable article says they're up for preorder ar 1pm EST today. (A few minutes away)

Page isn't up yet.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TRA-GEN-PROJECT-FUTURE-DELUXE/504056937

Oh nice! Thanks!!!! I'm going to be F5ing this thing like crazy.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Anyone get it to work? I’ve only seen the “page not found” message

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Probably a miscommunication and it'll be available tomorrow.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Probably a miscommunication and it'll be available tomorrow.

Yeah I thought this kept being teased for Friday...

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    The page never was launched. WM announced on their Facebook page that they had an error and are working on it (about a half hour ago). If you don't want to try to fight off the bots for the limited edition one you can just wait for October 1 and Hasbro Pulse and other sites will have it up for order.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Wait, what’s the difference?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Wait, what’s the difference?

As far as we know, just unique numbering on the Walmart packages. (Speculation is that these were intended for SDCC, but with the pandemic the had to find a different outlet for them.)

The one is October theoretically will be the same toy, just without the "Limited Edition #XXXX of 1985" sticker on it.

• Options
    Well shit, if that’s it, I’m not as concerned. As long as the figure and accessories are the same and it still has the same retro box, then I’m happy

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    That said, we don't know for sure. Thete could be sumething else different, but Hasbro hasn't said anything if there is.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    STOP TOYING WITH MY EMOTIONS

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Hahahaha, yeah we're all speculating at this point. Heck, there is speculation that the Walmart Limited one will be painted while the regular one won't have paint.

Then more rumors that perhaps the Walmart one will have the retro packaging while the others will have the brown box (and maybe black sleeve).

It sucks that nobody knows what is going on and Hasbro is just sitting there happy with their posts and marketing.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Page is finally up. Listed as out of stock, currently.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Yep... fun times... Watch as it goes live for 1 minute then all stock depleted.

Edit: Ok, I was just kidding but it actually did just that. Was up and gone in a heartbeat. Looks like all the bots got them.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Given the page doesn't even exist anymore, I'm not sure that's what happened.

• Options
    Well apparently there were a few who managed to get some sort of order in. Now if Walmart honors those sales nobody knows. But yeah, it was up and gone in a manner of minutes.

I saw that the limit was 12 before it went live and others said if you added it to a list you could actually order up to 20. So I'm sure the bots/resellers know that trick and managed to wipe them all out with software.

So guess I'll just wait till October 1 and see if I can snag one from Hasbro Pulse. Heck, you can still get Ectotron for retail price one year later so hopefully this will be the same. The scalpers and impatient people can have their limited Walmart release.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Well apparently there were a few who managed to get some sort of order in. Now if Walmart honors those sales nobody knows. But yeah, it was up and gone in a manner of minutes.

I saw that the limit was 12 before it went live and others said if you added it to a list you could actually order up to 20. So I'm sure the bots/resellers know that trick and managed to wipe them all out with software.

So guess I'll just wait till October 1 and see if I can snag one from Hasbro Pulse. Heck, you can still get Ectotron for retail price one year later so hopefully this will be the same. The scalpers and impatient people can have their limited Walmart release.

Apparently the limited edition one won't even arrive until April, so yeah, it would have been neat to snag one, but I can wait.

• Options

Apparently the limited edition one won't even arrive until April, so yeah, it would have been neat to snag one, but I can wait.

I saw one person's receipt and it said ships October 2 (the day after Hasbro Pulse's listing goes up). Yep, we'll all go back to our daily lives and wait for the next round.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited July 2020

I saw one person's receipt and it said ships October 2 (the day after Hasbro Pulse's listing goes up). Yep, we'll all go back to our daily lives and wait for the next round.

I mean to say October. I have no idea why I wrote April there.

EDIT: Maybe because I was watching Parks and Rec clips?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options

I mean to say October. I have no idea why I wrote April there.

EDIT: Maybe because I was watching Parks and Rec clips?

That and you secretly hate all those who are scalping them so they have to wait longer to resell?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    I bought IronWorks and he's pretty great and pose able.

Also bought SS KSI boss.

I have boxes on unopened figures I need to get around to opening and photographing.

I usually take my photos immediately after unboxing before I get a figure in a good pose I like to leave them like that forever.

Which is why many of my packages and figures aren't opened.

I had time off last week so I technically could have done it then, but procrastination is a bitch and I couldn't be bothered to clear my desk.

Also got HotLink but need to find time to try my hand at repainting him into Skywarp.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Heatwave wrote: »
    I bought IronWorks and he's pretty great and pose able.

Also bought SS KSI boss.

I have boxes on unopened figures I need to get around to opening and photographing.

I usually take my photos immediately after unboxing before I get a figure in a good pose I like to leave them like that forever.

Which is why many of my packages and figures aren't opened.

I had time off last week so I technically could have done it then, but procrastination is a bitch and I couldn't be bothered to clear my desk.

Also got HotLink but need to find time to try my hand at repainting him into Skywarp.

I think I actually might pick up the gas station guy (can't remember his name) that is based off of Ironworks.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I realized I never got around to my thoughts on Spinister.

Both the coloration and the design of the two modes go a long way towards evoking the original design, but my big complaint is that transformation is very fiddly, and one part of it (rotating one of the feet around so it can form the pylon on the opposite side in helicopter mode) honestly felt like I was going to have to force it almost to breaking.

But, the helicopter mode is pretty good, and the other leg is hidden really well in the compartment underneath.

• Options
    Nobody wrote: »

Both the coloration and the design of the two modes go a long way towards evoking the original design, but my big complaint is that transformation is very fiddly, and one part of it (rotating one of the feet around so it can form the pylon on the opposite side in helicopter mode) honestly felt like I was going to have to force it almost to breaking.

But, the helicopter mode is pretty good, and the other leg is hidden really well in the compartment underneath.

I never got him... But I did like how there were two cockpits. It does sound like you are a bit disappointed in it.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular

I never got him... But I did like how there were two cockpits. It does sound like you are a bit disappointed in it.

Basically if I knew how the transformation was and didn’t have nostalgia over the character I wouldn’t have gotten it.

• Options

Basically if I knew how the transformation was and didn’t have nostalgia over the character I wouldn’t have gotten it.

Ah, good thing I passed on him (and now the alternative color) then. I'm really trying to be good and not buy Transformers I have no attachment to. So far I'm doing pretty good. Sadly I now look at my collection and go, "Hmm, maybe it is time to ship some of these off." Which sucks since one of the bots I want to ship off is Fortress Maximus which is HUGE! I also am getting tempted to ship off some of the Combiner Wars stuff since I like the newer designs over the ones I have. Especially since most of them were made with the combination gimmick in them like Wheeljack, Trailbreaker, Smokescreen, and Ratchet (I think it is Ratchet).

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    In case you missed it, a Marvel Legends 26" Sentinel from X-Men is in "kickstarter" mode on Hasbro Pulse.

$350 to back it, and it includes a 6" figure as well. It's at like 4000 out of 6000 required backers, and there will be bonuses for every 1000 after that initial 6000
    t9nmtv2dj2k0.jpg

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Yeah that's pretty boss, but the price.. ouchies. That's like half my budget for a new console lmao.

• Options
    Yeah, on one hand, that's a lot of money

On the other hand, who knows what all bonuses they'll add, and also the current Sentinel figures (which are smaller) typically go for around $250-$350+ aftermarket already. I figure this is an investment that will only go up in price later... hopefully

Plus, ya know, a Sentinel the size of a child

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Does it say how much it weighs?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    350 bucks, and they can't toss in a couple AAA batteries?

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    The face being so flat and smooth is really creeping me out, in an Uncanny Valley way.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    350 bucks, and they can't toss in a couple AAA batteries?

Postal and freight providers fucking hate batteries because they're a dangerous good. They simply do not want hazards being transported by air.

Granted this is more due to the lithium ion batteries, but basically if they become aware of something that could potentially be a hazard they try to avoid accepting the package.

This used to cause so many lost sales when I used in work in that industry, because the operations managers who work with the drivers would veto the decision to set a customer up with a service if there was a chance dangerous goods would be regularly transported.

There are ways around this by setting up an agreement to transport certain items, but again the operations managers can veto the decision because they don't want their drivers having to deal with the risk.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
This discussion has been closed.