As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] now returns you to your regular programming.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Sale Recap: Thanks to @ Destroyah, @Karoz, @Antoshka, and @Mudzgut for From Dust, Jurassic World Evolution Deluxe DLC, Tales of Berseria, and Mages of Mystralia!

Sale was fairly slow, which I'm good with, I'm trying to work on my backlog, and one of those is Xenonauts which I got for free on GOG for some damn reason I can't remember. It's not bad, I'm playing on easy, I might still lose (I may go broke), but regardless I'll be done with it either way. It's just to obviously a midway point between the original and the new XCOM for me to give it more than a single playthrough try. That said, if these kinds of games are your jam, I do suggest it, it's gotten the last few nights of play instead of AssCreed Unity, which is at least somewhat impressive.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    If I missed this earlier in the thread, I apologize. It seems that everyone who owns SUPERHOT (the non VR version) before the 16th will get MIND CONTROL DELETE for free.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    goddamn i hate computers so much. All of a sudden my new computer says that my password has expired. I change it to a new password for logging in, even though i never had to type in anything before, and apparently my old password was just a blank space. Set it to never ask me to log in again, but now, when i start the computer it asks for a password for a new user profile that just all of a sudden exists, and i have to click my old one and retype the password, even though ive set it to never ask me

this phantom account doesnt exist, in my list of accounts it just has my main one, but it doesnt default to my main one, my computer starts trying to log into this empty user account. and i have to manually click on my admin account, which i dont even want to do, i just want it to start up straight away

I just hate computers so much. this is such a stupid problem to have

Prohass on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    5cibejd3bogn.png
    785m3sh2r8mu.png

Goshdarn tricksy vikings. :evil:

Thanks @Viking for Nexomon! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Oh dang, @Viking hit me up with Nexomon, too! According to him, it's an off-brand Pokemon that came out recently and looks good? That sounds like it'd be fun to me. Haven't properly played a Pokemon game in years, so it should be a fresh experience :D

7VIpDJt.png

Thanks again! <3

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    I was rooting around in the the cushions on my Humble Bundle couch and I managed to find a copy of
    signature.png

Free to a good home (in the PA Adventure Team). In my experience it sleeps all day and is a very calm housemate.

Reminder, this is still open for another few hours.

Congratulations @TreadLife you are now the proud owner of a calm and docile cat.

Thank you so much, @Caedwyr ! I'll be sure to let you know when the chill epilepsy settles in.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Prohass wrote: »
    goddamn i hate computers so much. All of a sudden my new computer says that my password has expired. I change it to a new password for logging in, even though i never had to type in anything before, and apparently my old password was just a blank space. Set it to never ask me to log in again, but now, when i start the computer it asks for a password for a new user profile that just all of a sudden exists, and i have to click my old one and retype the password, even though ive set it to never ask me

this phantom account doesnt exist, in my list of accounts it just has my main one, but it doesnt default to my main one, my computer starts trying to log into this empty user account. and i have to manually click on my admin account, which i dont even want to do, i just want it to start up straight away

I just hate computers so much. this is such a stupid problem to have

Did you authenticate your copy of Windows?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    State of Decay 2 Update

Group: The Nanny State
    Survivors: Iolo, Dirk, Rubycat, Ianator, Destroyah
    No screenshots from our last session because the goddamn Geforce Experience (that I use when a game doesn't work with steam overlay) refused to actually cooperate for some reason. That's the 2nd time it's done that. I'm almost annoyed enough to buy SoD2 on Steam just to have a functional overlay. :evil:

Anyway!

We left off in slightly better shape but with morale still struggling thanks to Dirk being an argumentative ass and Iolo being irritable. Having had enough of listening to the grousing, Rubycat grabbed Iolo and volunteered her to help him with some supply runs, during which time he planned to have a chat about attitudes.

Rubycat's objectives were to find some parts to maybe build some vehicle repair kits and/or find another vehicle since we have two nearly-destroyed trucks and one completely destroyed taxi (thanks Destroyah!). So the two start off by heading toward a nearby water tower so they can climb it and have a look around for vehicles.

In the water station building, we have a brilliant stroke of luck. Rubycat finds *two* vehicle repair kits. Score! That completely changes the objectives. From the top of the water tower, he does spot an ambulance, however, and makes note of its location. It would be super fun to run down zombies in one of those!

Overheard on the radio about this point: "I just heard about this group of survivors that exiled this guy for, now get this... marrying a zombie! Now supposedly this happened in Florida, so you know it's gotta be true." :lol:

At this point, looking around the map we decide we really need to clear out a plague heart that's smack in the middle of the area we want to be scavenging. To that end, Ruby returns home, fixes up our truck, stuffs his pockets with ammo and explosives, grabs a battery-powered boombox, and ... takes one look at the state that Iolo is in and sends her to get rest. Instead, he grabs Dirk and off they go plague heart hunting. What could go wrong?

As it turns out, not much. This operation goes super smoothly. Rubycat parks the truck a block or so away so it doesn't attract any extra zeds - we'll have plenty enough to deal with in the store where the plague heart is. Then he and Dirk sneak up to the store. In the street outside, Rubycat sets up the boombox and hits the power button. As the tunes start cranking, attracting all the zombies in the area, he and Dirk rush into the store and smash their way through the few blood zombies inside until they reach the plague heart. There, Rubycat throws down a block of C-4, backs out of the room, and hits the igniter. Boom! The plague heart is... oh, not destroyed. Well, that's awkward. It always worked before. And now there are a lot of zombies super interested in what made the big bang. Including a feral that comes crashing through a window.

Feral first. Rubycat smacks it with his sledgehammer which stuns it for a second, giving him time to pull out his shotgun and blow its head off. That done, he notes that Dirk is doing well enough at keeping the attention of all the blood zombies (mostly by being beaten up, but hey whatever), so he rushes back to the back room and unloads his 9-shot shotgun into the plague heart.

That works. Poof, destroyed plague heart. All the blood zombies die immediately, much to Dirk's relief. We loot the place and leave. We were going to scavenge in the area, but we get a radio call from one of the Red Talon Traders offering unique trade goods, so we hop in our truck and go find the trader instead. There, Rubycat acquires a pretty badass 7.62mm assault rifle with a 60-round clip and a nearly max damage stat. He's still not giving up his semi-auto shotgun, but the assault rifle will be useful for someone else.

After all this, Rubycat is exhausted and a bit battered, so he returns to base and hands the truck keys to Destroyah... with some strong words about not wrecking it. Des makes some smartass comments in return, takes the new assault rifle and a sledgehammer, throws Dirk in the back of the pickup truck, and heads out. Goal: find building materials to upgrade our base.

Destroyah and Dirk clear out a few warehouses and garages and manage to acquire quite a few materials as well as other useful supplies, like repair parts, circuit boards, and chemical. Along the way, Destroyah finds a Dummy's Guide to Computers and is now a computer expert. Yay! That will let us upgrade our command center (as well as build spy drones), which will let us have more outposts. This is good.

At this point, all of our supplies are in decent shape, we're in the process of upgrading our infirmary (so Dirk can finally treat all the assorted injuries everyone has), and morale is good. With a few more building materials, we should be able to upgrade our workshop and command center.

Things are looking pretty damn solid right now, folks. :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    I had forgotten about the post sale recaps!

To be honest coming back to the Steam thread has been like putting on a favorite sweater that I haven't worn for some reason for far too long.
    Gifted:
    Banner of the Maid
    Sea of Solitude
    Phoenix Wright
    Titanfall 2
    Post Human W.A.R.
    Fell Seal
    Burnout Paradise Remastered
    Druidstone
    Disco Elysium
    Divinity Original Sin
    Divinity Original Sin 2

Bought for myself:
    The Age Of Decadence
    Phoenix Wright
    Watch Dogs 2
    Argarest Zero
    Argarest Generations of War
    Record of Argarest War Mariage

Big thanks again to @Iolo for Endless Legend, @Talus9952 for Assassin's Creed Black Flag, and @Emberquick for Disco Elysium

• Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Here I go thinking it's safe, and I can join the chat. @Viking proves me wrong with a gift of Nexomon!
    kkwbi9azgp9e.png

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Theres a Devolver Digital Direct tomorrow.

And there is a rumor that the Fall Guys release date will be announced. And there is another rumor that Fall Guys will be released during the show.

Suspiciously its store page now has a price.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    37smm1kyeehn.png
    kqew6bj5pchg.png

@Big Classy knocked off the last buyable things on my wishlist. It's clear! I'm free! :hydra:

Thanks, you monster. These both look awesome but I've had a serious eye on Tainted Grail in particular for a while now. Will install tonight.

<3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    anyone else have shadow warrior classic redux? no matter what settings i try the game has this horrible constant stuttering that makes it unplayable. Cant figure out whats causing it

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    anyone else have shadow warrior classic redux? no matter what settings i try the game has this horrible constant stuttering that makes it unplayable. Cant figure out whats causing it

GOG had a better record of Updating old build engine titles. I will look on their forums.

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Late thank you to @Questor for sending a copy of EXAPUNKS during the sale!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

There's Shadow Warrior Redux and Shadow Warrior Classic Complete. Try Complete or the vanilla version if Redux is glitching.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/238070/Shadow_Warrior_Classic_1997/

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Horizon Zero Dawn is now being sold for slightly less on GMG. According to reddit, people are saying the discount works in US, AUS, and EU.

Edit: it might help mitigate the price bump on Steam from the other week.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    More Koopah Quick Impressions. Aggelos was another one of the games I bought myself. @Mugsley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnUhm8cj_OM

Aggelos is what it would be like if the next game after The Adventure of Link were a sidescroller/platformer instead of reverting back to OG Zelda. I'm two dungeons in so I feel like I got a good sense of it. The story is pretty basic, evil wizard has captured the four elements and plans to converge the dimensions of light and dark and you, ONLY YOU are able to get the elements and fight the bad guy. The controls feel good, responsive, when I take damage it's more or less me just tanking it because I'm trying to get as many hits in as possible. The UI is barebones basic, and I mean even the settings are, it's just start game, change graphics, change controls, and quit. You have an inventory screen which is where you can gather potions and special items that help you out while playing the game. An Equipment screen where you can upgrade your sword and armor. A map screen which is hella-useless. And that's about it. Pretty simple. You can also level up your character which I think gives you more HP and Attack, but I'm actually un-sure. The soundtrack has been serviceable, the graphics may turn people off but some of the animations on the enemies (especially the bosses) are really good and it seems more like a style choice the more I play it.

Overall, it's pretty good and I recommend it if you like Metroidvanias, but it is super super basic. Not amazing, but not bad at all either. Just a good metroidvania.

Man this game is RIGHT up my alley. I actually really liked Zelda 2, and I also get Crystalis vibes from it. I like that simple, no bs gameplay.

I managed to get through the whole sale without getting anything, because I just don't need anything. Was temped for Code Vein because it would have basically been $30, but I wouldn't be playing it any time soon.

But I might have to grab THIS.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    SUPER. HOT. Is $9.99 US on Chrono.gg today

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    SUPER. HOT. Is $9.99 US on Chrono.gg today

Nice. Amazing game. Reminder that the follow up, SUPERHOT MIND CONTROL DELETE, is coming out next week and is going to be given for free to owners of the base game (but not from giveaways or bundles? Not sure how they are checking that. Caveat emptor, of course.)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    y4kvgf6x9iqq.png

FUCK IT I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO WRITE A PROPER INTRODUCTION WE'RE GOING STRAIGHT INTO THE FIRE

GET YOUR SHIT FUCKING READY KIDS

@cardboard delusions vs @Iolo

VIEWER DISCRETION IS FUCKING ADVISED

https://youtu.be/S6w2iPzLtNg

Zxerol on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    So the final bracket, for formality's sake.
    4co24qn7r41n.png

@cardboard delusions and @iolo, please message me what you want (winner gets 2, runner up gets 1).

Everyone else, thank you for participating/watching/putting up with my shit. Running and recording old games, cutting videos, firing up VS Code and spending way too much time recreating a prehistoric caveman-ass piece of video entertainment... it's all been a fun diversion in these trying times, and I hope you all at least found some small amusement along with me.

• Options
    POOOOONG! I called it in chat!!!

Awesome tournament, @Zxerol! For having no agency in this, past selection of colors, images and food, I have enjoyed this whole thing enormously. Thanks so much for putting it together!
    And congratulations, @cardboard delusions on your hard fought victory!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I can't help but wonder if Pixie manages to play any of the accumulated trove of software, or just stares at the pile in wonder before napping on top of it, Breaking Bad style.

I'm not sure I understand. What is this "play" you speak of?

bd7cnh2p651g.png

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Any amount of time spent in this thread dispels the notion that class and generosity are limited to sales times!
    qPLLoFq.png

hLxogCH.png

Thanks to @Mudzgut who used old timey gift stalking skills to spot me adding this to my wishlist and sent me a code! This looks visceral and fun - thank very much! :)
    oqbl9dU.png

And huge thanks to @Zxerol not only for the generous prize of Wintermoor Tactics Club (and soundtrack!) but also for the amazing tournament to brighten a year that certainly has its challenges in the awesome department. Stellar work! <3

EDIT:

Yes, I think I'm going to enjoy this...
    Zcn2K36.png

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    @spoit is like the Nintendo guy for me. Just gifts me Nintendo games. :heartbeat:

G42g6Ew.jpg

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I hear he has an uncle who works there.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I'm surprised he didn't wait for a sale... though the future's easy to predict on that.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Okay I was trying to write up a cool review of Tainted Grail but turns out I am really bad at writing reviews so hey, if you haven't looked at Tainted Grail, go look at it. This game is awesome so far. It's a turn-based deck-building game set in a grimdark Arthurian world where a magical fog called the Wyrd is threatening everything. There are two game modes: campaign and conquest. Campaign is the open-world RPG story, which I haven't dug into because the game is Early Access and my understanding is the story is barely there. Conquest is a roguelike where you build up your base and powers over multiple runs against a random map with tons of random encounter types and various boss battles. And it's pretty addicting.

The graphics are good, the setting is very well done, the mechanics seems solid, and the voice-acting is simply stellar. Go check it out!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Uninstalled Max Gentlemen:sexy business because I got everything achievable without getting a clown car's worth of people on a site, and I keep missing those upgrades.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Uninstalled Max Gentlemen:sexy business because I got everything achievable without getting a clown car's worth of people on a site, and I keep missing those upgrades.

In the end the important thing is that you literally fucked your rival.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    Survival Game Fiends, I don't recall reading about this anywhere, but maybe I missed it. Grounded hits Steam Early Access on July 28th. I don't care that it's Early Access, I am definitely picking this up! Just watched a brief video on YouTube, which I would link, but there was a section where I had to keep yelling at my screen, "CHECK THE REST OF THE WIRE GAWD!!!" and it was almost as bad as watching the one video of Cuphead back in the day for me.

Anyway - if you've seen "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" and thought, that would be an interesting adventure, this may be the survival game for you!

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

In the end the important thing is that you literally fucked your rival.

I think there's more endings but its not worth my week to find out

edit: Huh, Odallus the dark Call is still installed on my PC, I should beat this.
    https://youtu.be/QhQ9NbuAOwI

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Trying to play Rise of Industry, but I can't get past the first tutorial on roads. I have connected my lumberyard to the gathering stations, but it does not register them as connected.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    More Fallout 76 photomode.

A blues session in the rain:

c3zwrz9phifb.jpg

Found a Civil War-era dress:

dalf58q7bwjq.jpg

This is the outfit that goes best with the chaise longue, though:

u2phx5ee6sm1.jpg
    "Dear Sirs: I am a keen art student over the age of 21. Please forward me your selection of continental art studies in the plain brown wrapper. Yours, Major Dennis Bloodnok."

ptxoluooxupy.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    crosspostin'

If you're considering getting Watch Dogs 2, Ubi is giving it away on Uplay on July 12th during their "Ubisoft Forward" event
    Don't forget to log in with your Uplay account anytime after Trackmania and before the end of the main show to claim a free copy of Watch Dogs 2 on PC, and to get a chance to answer trivia questions and win some rewards for a variety of Ubisoft titles.

Not sure if anyone else tried to attend the event and get the game, but there was a required login that was such a shit show that they had multiple users spamming the Twitch chat with their tweet that read "Don't worry! We'll be giving out the rewards to all of you, even if you were unable to log in successfully. Sit back and enjoy the show!" and, well, 32 minutes before this post they tweeted "The issue with our log in services should now be resolved. We appreciate your patience! We'll update you as soon as we can with more details on the rewards, even if you were unable to log in successfully during the event."

:lol:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Mudzgut wrote: »
    Survival Game Fiends, I don't recall reading about this anywhere, but maybe I missed it. Grounded hits Steam Early Access on July 28th. I don't care that it's Early Access, I am definitely picking this up! Just watched a brief video on YouTube, which I would link, but there was a section where I had to keep yelling at my screen, "CHECK THE REST OF THE WIRE GAWD!!!" and it was almost as bad as watching the one video of Cuphead back in the day for me.

Anyway - if you've seen "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" and thought, that would be an interesting adventure, this may be the survival game for you!

there was a demo for it that bumped it up to BUY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE for me.

really excited to play more.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    Mudzgut wrote: »

Oh that looks fantastic. :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    crosspostin'

If you're considering getting Watch Dogs 2, Ubi is giving it away on Uplay on July 12th during their "Ubisoft Forward" event
    Don't forget to log in with your Uplay account anytime after Trackmania and before the end of the main show to claim a free copy of Watch Dogs 2 on PC, and to get a chance to answer trivia questions and win some rewards for a variety of Ubisoft titles.

Not sure if anyone else tried to attend the event and get the game, but there was a required login that was such a shit show that they had multiple users spamming the Twitch chat with their tweet that read "Don't worry! We'll be giving out the rewards to all of you, even if you were unable to log in successfully. Sit back and enjoy the show!" and, well, 32 minutes before this post they tweeted "The issue with our log in services should now be resolved. We appreciate your patience! We'll update you as soon as we can with more details on the rewards, even if you were unable to log in successfully during the event."

.....so can we still get free things or not?

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    crosspostin'

.....so can we still get free things or not?

Reddit said Ubisoft said everyone with an active Ubi account is getting Watchdogs 2. Maybe tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.