As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Finale] The Legend of the Galactic [Phalla]

cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm RegentBears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
edited July 2020 in Critical Failures
5ug5vmczq8w8.png
In every age...
In every place...
The deeds of men...
Remain the same.

It is the distant future. Humanity has claimed the vastness of space for the expansion of their dominion, but even in this boundless void, there can be no peace.

For hundreds of years, two factions continue to battle for supremacy: The Democratic Rule of the Free Planets Alliance and the Monarchic Reign of the Galactic Empire.

Though the tides have waxed and waned, neither faction has yet been able to manage a clear victory.

The loss of innumerable fleets and countless casualties have yet to stem the tide of this seemingly endless conflict.

Until now. Two bright stars shine on the horizon, each threatening to eclipse the other.

Yang Wen-Li, a brilliant historian-turned-tactician, who wants nothing more than for a peaceful reign by and for the people.

Reinhard von Lohengramm, a peasant turned noble who seeks to bring down the corrupt society that has brought needless misery to his family, and to unite the galaxy under his rule.

And in the shadows, there are others that continue to play the factions against one another for their own benefit, continuing to reap the profits of conflict without end.

Something has to give... and in the days to come, only one faction will remain victorious.

Perhaps the current of destiny will flow in your favor.

Another page turns in the history of the galaxy...

[The Rules]

Feel free to !sign up in bright shiny colors, ideally lime.

At the end of each day, a player will be voted out in !red while many others will meet ends through other unpleasant means.

This will continue until one faction is either the last standing, or victory is impossible for the rest.

There will be factions, but there will not be conversions.

Ideally, the game is was balanced for 40 players. Should this go up or down, I'll (try to) balance the game accordingly.
The host shall make no attempt at remorse for disastrous lack of balance that may result, so try to enjoy the chaos, intentional or otherwise.

Vote close will be at 10PM, EST.

Roster

1. 38thDoe
2. Bluecyan
3. premium
4. AustinP0027
5. H3Knuckles, Imperial Loyalist, assassinated by the Terraists, Day 1
6. kime, Terraist of the Church of Terra, executed by popular vote, Day 3
7. JusticeforPluto
8. ObiFett, Imperial Loyalist, executed by popular vote, Day 5
9. jdarksun, Terraist of the Church of Terra, slain by The Alliance, Day 3
10. JayKaos
11. discrider, Alliance Republican, slain by The Alliance, Day 1
12. Heffling
13. Gizzy, Terraist of the Church of Terra, executed by popular vote, Day 1
14. romanqwerty, Alliance Republican, assassinated by the Terraists, Day 2
15. mrpaku, Imperial Loyalist, assassinated by the Terraists, Day 3
16. LostNinja, Imperial Loyalist, obliterated by The Empire, Day 2
17. Wildcat, Alliance Republican, executed by popular vote, Day 4
18. MamaWolf, Imperial Loyalist, assassinated by the Church of Terra, Day 5
19. Cythraul
20. Burnage, Alliance Vigilante, assassinated by the Terraists, Day 4
21. SeGaTai
22. Auralynx, Alliance Republican, executed by popular vote, Day 6
23. Lucedes, Alliance Seer, assassinated by the Church of Terra, Day 6
24. Zombie Hero, Alliance Republican, executed by popular vote, Day 2
25. Invictus Imperial Vigilante, executed by popular vote, Day 5
26. Locus, Imperial Loyalist, slain by The Alliance, Day 2
27. JPants, Alliance Republican, obliterated by The Empire, Day 3
28. JaysonFour, Alliance Guardian, obliterated by The Empire, Day 5

wVEsyIc.png
cj iwakura on

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    SignUp!!!

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Is this purely a faction phalla with no mafia?

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Maybe.

wVEsyIc.png
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Hmm forty seems like a lot. Thanks to my schizophrenia I can maybe pick up a couple roles if need be. Shut up I never agreed to that!

lime!

• premiumpremium Registered User regular

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Hmm forty seems like a lot. Thanks to my schizophrenia I can maybe pick up a couple roles if need be. Shut up I never agreed to that!

lime!

Yeah, I'm not really sure we can hit that number nowadays, so I'm likely going to have to scale downward.

wVEsyIc.png
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Lazy sign up[/quote]

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    ]sign up

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »

Maybe.

😐

Fine

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    !signup

Seems a good time for a phalla

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    sign

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Casval Rem Deikun aka Char Aznable aka The Red Coment aka Eduador Mass aka Quattro Bajeena Signing Up!

If we're in one of the other universes, I can also be Zechs Merquise, Rau Le Creuset, Neo Roanoke, Chronile Asher, Full Frontal, or McGillis Fareed.

Will the person killed by the vote always be in Bold Red?

Heffling on
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Heffling wrote: »
    Casval Rem Deikun aka Char Aznable aka The Red Coment aka Eduador Mass aka Quattro Bajeena Signing Up!

If we're in one of the other universes, I can also be Zechs Merquise, Rau Le Creuset, Neo Roanoke, Chronile Asher, Full Frontal, or McGillis Fareed.

Points of order:
    • Rau and Neo are from a single universe
    • Chronicle and Full are from Char's universe (just further down the timeline)
    • You could have also mentioned Harry Ord, or Mr Bushido himself, Graham Aker.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Gizzy

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

Points of order:
    • This is correct, but both are based on Char Aznable. It's still a different universe.
    • This is correct, but neither are the original Char, so I lumped them in with the "Char Lookalikes".
    • This is correct. But I haven't seen Turn A. I forgot about Graham Aker. I could have also mentioned others like Schwartz Bruder. And I can't believe that I forgot that Zechs also went by the moniker Milliardo Peacecraft.

• romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Back onboard the Phalla train

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    I’m not throwin’ away my shot!

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular

Points of order:
    • This is correct, but both are based on Char Aznable. It's still a different universe.
    • This is correct, but neither are the original Char, so I lumped them in with the "Char Lookalikes".
    • This is correct. But I haven't seen Turn A. I forgot about Graham Aker. I could have also mentioned others like Schwartz Bruder. And I can't believe that I forgot that Zechs also went by the moniker Milliardo Peacecraft.

'Milliardo Peacecraft' is the name of my next band.

!Signup please!

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    I don't remember ever playing a faction game before! I'm willing to try it and see!! You just have to jump in and Hope you fly

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Points of order:

Yes, yes, words indeed

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    I've a plan in mind to scale down to 20-30, so I'll keep signups going til Tuesday or so.

wVEsyIc.png
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    FAAAAAAAAACTIOOOOOOOOOOON GAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I can't wait to fuck this up.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    edited July 2020
    38thDoe wrote: »
    77 souls, 3 days.
    I'd refrain from doing that, some people said they didn't want to be tagged in the last sign up game.

And you tagged some who already signed up, lol.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    Maybe we can post that in the Phalla thread so people who want off can be taken off? That way we would have an up to date list?

Also how do you like it @38thDoe ?

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I love it!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDErWuTRluI

I may be starting to really miss having social interaction.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Burnage can have a little Phalla, as a treat.

edited July 2020
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I love it!

I may be starting to really miss having social interaction.

I've basically accepted I am Zoidberg

https://youtu.be/c7gxStnBfbg

Pretty much feels how all my accomplishments end up.

JusticeforPluto on
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Yeah Bedlam specifically asked not to be tagged for Phalla, please remove them from that list

jdarksun on
    Done and apologies Bedlam.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Maybe we can post that in the Phalla thread so people who want off can be taken off? That way we would have an up to date list?

I think it's better to assume people don't want to be tagged and only put ones that explicitly request it.

wVEsyIc.png
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    It's been awhile - signup!

PSN SeGaTai
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Ok, sure.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    okay

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Sign

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453