As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Remnant 2] Remnant the re-remnanting

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah I initially got that one up to 15 here but then slowed down after reading it was only good for mob kill xp and that at least 50% of the XP in the game was from quests and tomes.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    DecatusDecatus Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    IIRC each world has a given level of upgrade material so maxing on that which is to level 1-4/5 (iron), 4/5-9/10 (forged iron), etc is usually the best but not always necessary.

I'd mainly focus on your weapons first as that's your bread and butter, armor is more for its passives though can't hurt to upgrade it as well.

Plenty of iron will drop though and I think Ace, the hunter you helped start the reactor with, will sell material including lumenite crystals though it seems to fill as you play and resets if you quit a game and jump back in to make it so you can't just buy all your crafting material.

This got updated, by the way. The crafting materials that drop are based on your average item level. You can also, IIRC, exchange high level materials for lower level ones with Ace, so if you get a new piece of gear and want to level it up you shouldn't have too many issues.

PSN: decatus90
  • Options
    So we moved from Rhom to Yaesha:
    We chose to kill the Undying King right off the bat.

Should we stop and move to Corsus? Or can we do Corsus after Yaesha?

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    IIRC the worlds are kind of balanced around being done in order and of course there is unique loot to each world.

Up to you though, you may being handling it just fine.

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    So we moved from Rhom to Yaesha:
    We chose to kill the Undying King right off the bat.

Should we stop and move to Corsus? Or can we do Corsus after Yaesha?

You can absolutely go back, but you don't have to. You can finish the campaign and reroll or move on to adventure mode without ever doing Corsus.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    IIRC the worlds are kind of balanced around being done in order and of course there is unique loot to each world.

It's interesting, we stopped after the first mini boss on Yaesha and moved to Corsus to try it out and it almost feels more difficult. Some strange dude that seemed immune from damage when near death. Even though I'd assume Corsus is supposed to be 3rd given the Undying King option.

• Options

It's interesting, we stopped after the first mini boss on Yaesha and moved to Corsus to try it out and it almost feels more difficult. Some strange dude that seemed immune from damage when near death. Even though I'd assume Corsus is supposed to be 3rd given the Undying King option.
    Shoot that guy in the glowy spot of its head while it is kneeling.

It can be kinda hard to know if you're doing it right until it keels over.

• Options

The way scaling works:
    Every time you enter a map in a game, it makes all the enemies on that map your "level"+1. Your "level" is a weighted average of your gearscores. You can leave and come back, and they'll still be the same. Level up, i.e. upgrade your gear, on Yaesha, then go to a map you never visited on Corsus, though, and that "new" map will be +1 level. There are a few bosses or areas that have a minimum level. The last boss of a first playthrough is minimum level 10. You can do what you want with this system, such as game it by only leveling the absolute minimum so that you can grab a couple levels to beat a hard fight, etc.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Just started playing this.

Finally, dark souls with guns!

Bloodborne had guns but not like this, obviously.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Picked this up myself. Pretty enjoyable so far. Great looking environments. Apparently there's a big DLC coming out this week.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Since it was for free I grabbed it as well, my first run at it on steam ended with me returning the game. It’s going better this time around , looks like they changed the first boss?

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Changed or you got the other boss?

Just like DIablo 1, there are some key points that are present for each run while the rest is randomized.

• Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    Yeah I initially got that one up to 15 here but then slowed down after reading it was only good for mob kill xp and that at least 50% of the XP in the game was from quests and tomes.

I came to this thread I thought for the first time, then saw all these posts by myself on my birthday and thought I’d lost my mind.

Nope, no worries here. I just forgot how to read my own username and avatar. Carry on.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    darkmayo wrote: »
    Since it was for free I grabbed it as well, my first run at it on steam ended with me returning the game. It’s going better this time around , looks like they changed the first boss?

As I understand it so far, a lot of stuff is randomized.
    The first major boss I ran into was a sunuvabitch name Gorefist. Not fun (but in a fun way).
    I found a sniper rifle in the basement of a church where you find a lady called the Root Mother. It's doing good work. Very handy shooting baddies in this new world of dusty desert ruins I've now stumbled onto.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    If you don't mind some spoilers, you can use this to see what random bosses and such were spawned in your world: https://hzla.github.io/Remnant-World-Analyzer/

I just got the beam rifle and it's doing good work. Otherwise the SMG and Huntsman rifle were my main weapons.

I need to look through the patch notes as it seems some things were changed. I now have 2 healing charges on that mod vs max 1 before. Also notice the SMG doing better on weak points and really bad against armor now.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Yea first play through was gorefist as my first boss and he killed the game for me, not so much him as the spore bomb buddies. This was my first soulslike so I am not a veteran of this sort of game so it didn’t last the 2 hour playtime when I bought it on steam. Happy that I got a different first boss this time around “the shroud” as being able to progress further has been great. Love the look and gameplay just hated that cheese boss. I’m sure I’ll be fine when I ever fight him again

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Funny, Gorefist was a pushover for us. Shroud kicked our butts for 4 or 5 tries. Granted Shroud was first so we were still getting used to the game.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I'm picking this back up. I met the Queen and killed the butcher guy. Where do I go next? The objective is to follow Ford's trail.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Cantido wrote: »
    I'm picking this back up. I met the Queen and killed the butcher guy. Where do I go next? The objective is to follow Ford's trail.

Have you obtained the heart of a beast that two parties are interested in getting?

• Options

Have you obtained the heart of a beast that two parties are interested in getting?

No. I recall the queen asking me to kill someone, but she's probably a bitch, so what do I do?

• Options

No. I recall the queen asking me to kill someone, but she's probably a bitch, so what do I do?
    So the other was the Undying King in the previous world who has the key to go to the world where Ford is.

You can either keep searching for the beast and give the heart to the king to get the key or go back and kill the king for the key (refuse to give him the heart)--or you can give the heart to the Queen and kill the King.

Whoever you give the heart to does give you items so recommended for gear but not necessary.

The gate to the next world is in the first area on the swamp planet.

• Options

So the other was the Undying King in the previous world who has the key to go to the world where Ford is.

You can either keep searching for the beast and give the heart to the king to get the key or go back and kill the king for the key (refuse to give him the heart)--or you can give the heart to the Queen and kill the King.

Whoever you give the heart to does give you items so recommended for gear but not necessary.

The gate to the next world is in the first area on the swamp planet.

I'm back on track now. Thank you!

It turns out I did all this already. I gave the Undying King the Heart and I already unlocked the forest world, Yaesha, and its map is incomplete so I must be on the right track.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iatDzI27An8

Remnant: Vermintide is out!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    lol can there be copyright infringement on ratmen?

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited August 2020

I'm half wondering if it's a legit crossover. I mean, the Warhammer license doesn't seem that expensive considering the tide of indie games that use it.

Phillishere on
  • Options
    edited August 2020

Man, I hope not. I mean, obviously 'animal+person' isn't something you can copyright, but if you call them skaven and make them 'talk-talk like this-this, yes-yes' you may be in trouble. But the skaven are such great examples of characterful, skittish, twitchy rat-people that's it's hard to resist the urge to make your own proprietary OC do-not-steal rat-people deviate.

I guess Remnant has made the effort by making them noticeably bigger than humans, and many of them pretty bulky. There's a few parts of that trailer where they're beating the hell out of the player and they look quite a bit taller.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

The whole place has a little bit of a Naked Mole Rat vibe on the enemies I saw in my survival run with my brother earlier.

• Options
    You can never have enough rat men.

Best fantasy race.
    fox people are the worst.

• Options
    Just finished main campaign! No idea why any of this happened - story is kind've light in this game, but there are bits of lore here and there. When I went looking online for more, I found out that Remnant is actually a sequel, to another game called Chronos. Or at least it's set in the same universe and apparently the events of Chronos result in the current state of affairs in Remnant. Interesting if true! Currently watching a playthrough and I already recognize a few elements, so maybe this really will shed light on the story.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Just finished main campaign! No idea why any of this happened - story is kind've light in this game, but there are bits of lore here and there. When I went looking online for more, I found out that Remnant is actually a sequel, to another game called Chronos. Or at least it's set in the same universe and apparently the events of Chronos result in the current state of affairs in Remnant. Interesting if true! Currently watching a playthrough and I already recognize a few elements, so maybe this really will shed light on the story.
    Isn't it like Dark Souls where a lot of the storytelling is in the item descriptions and stuff? Haven't got very far yet.

About Chronos, I was excited for a moment and then realized its VR. :/

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Isn't it like Dark Souls where a lot of the storytelling is in the item descriptions and stuff? Haven't got very far yet.

About Chronos, I was excited for a moment and then realized its VR. :/

Yeah, they aren't fun to watch, but I stuck with it. A lot of its content is mentioned in the Remnant story so far page but makes more sense now in light of actually seeing it.
    Humans discovered the magic red crystals and used their power to create Dreamers, people that could psychically visit other worlds. But one world contained the Root, who hijacked a Dreamer and opened a gateway to Earth.
    A century later the main character of Chronos is compelled to attempt to shut down the Root at their source, seeking the 'Dragon' that controls the Root at the facility where the Dreamer experiments were conducted.
    Chronos-Kid winds up world hopping and slaying all kinds of monsters on his quest, but some of those monsters are actually Guardians who protected other worlds from the Root/Dragon.
    When Chronos kills the guardians of the Labyrinth, the 'core' of all worlds that contains portals and gateways to every world, the Dragon reveals he was the one who apparently guided Chronos the whole time, since the Dreamer he was using to invade Earth was dying of old age and he needed a replacement.
    The doctor who created the Dreamers, Haarsgard, now an agent of the Root/Dragon, ambushes Chronos and turns him into a new Dreamer, specifically the Dreamer you fight as the final boss of Remnant (wow!) Not only will the invasion of Earth continue, but now the Root/Dragon can spread to more worlds without the Guardians to interfere. Bummer ending!
    Your character in Remnant is apparently an acquaintance of Chronos and is searching for the Dragon in part because they want to find out what happened to him.
    There was a real nice touch at the end of Remnant where you escape from the island containing the final boss using the same rowboat that Chronos used to travel to the island in his game. I thought that was great.
    It sounds like Haarsgard is present in the new DLC, so there may be even more closure to be had too.

A neat little narrative setting, overall.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    So the game is incomprehensible without a VR side story, cool.

I thought that was our rowboat. We start the game paddling it there.

• Options
    I mean, I got the gist of what was going on in Remnant by reading Ford's journals and exploring the entries in the sublevels of Vault 13.

Certainly some story beats are not as impactful without the Chronus backstory but I thought it made a good impression.

• Options
    Yeah, I think it's fine on its own merits storywise, there's lore to be had. The Chronos stuff just adds too it.

Although I feel like knowing the events of Chronos definitely gives a lot more weight to the final sequence in the main campaign.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    I just hate that we row the boat backward.

Done with DLC. Trying in hardcore now. Some of the dlc enemies seem much more difficult than a lot of the base game, so this is stressful.

I haven't really tried a lot of new builds and stuff yet. Summons definitely don't suck now, and you can do a clearly overpowered bleed thing. I really want to try for some explosions all over the place now.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Hey hey hey did you know if you set your game to public people actually join your game and help you win??? It's true!
    I had two insanely powerful friendos jump in and we still all got wiped by the first boss but we finally beat him.

Then I beat the next three bosses alone and only dying once to the Root Mother swarm. Had to get more help for the big scary boss 4 tho, jesus that was terrifying.

So what the heck was the point of the weird bandit subquest dungeon? i didn't get jack from the whole place. Barbyas I think the boss' name was?

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Hey hey hey did you know if you set your game to public people actually join your game and help you win??? It's true!
    I had two insanely powerful friendos jump in and we still all got wiped by the first boss but we finally beat him.

Then I beat the next three bosses alone and only dying once to the Root Mother swarm. Had to get more help for the big scary boss 4 tho, jesus that was terrifying.

So what the heck was the point of the weird bandit subquest dungeon? i didn't get jack from the whole place. Barbyas I think the boss' name was?

You should have got something from killing him...
    check crafting mats. He gives you a thing to make the explosive shot weapon mod.

You can get other rewards from him too depending:
    The bandit armor set if you have the pocket watch that you get from letting Mud Tooth tell you all his stories, and you give it to Brabus.
    The trait Cold as Ice if you go in with a friend and kill them when Brabus tells you to.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    cncaudata wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »

You should have got something from killing him...
    check crafting mats. He gives you a thing to make the explosive shot weapon mod.

You can get other rewards from him too depending:
    The bandit armor set if you have the pocket watch that you get from letting Mud Tooth tell you all his stories, and you give it to Brabus.
    The trait Cold as Ice if you go in with a friend and kill them when Brabus tells you to.

Nope. He just straight up attacked me and dropped hand gun bullets

edit: oh, nope, i'm wrong you;re right there it is. i just haven't bothered to talk to mcnabe in such a long time i never knew i had anything. heck i can make a big ol flaming sword too!

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    is there a good way to go and get a bunch of scrap? i'm really coming up short lately

• Options
    Just always be breaking jars/barrels/crates seems a reliable way to get the scrap coming in as you adventure.

If you reroll an area/do it with a friend and you find something you've already unlocked you'll get a few hundred scrap IIRC. Not the most reliable thing to do though.