As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Finale] The Legend of the Galactic [Phalla]

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    It's been awhile - signup!

SeGa

You know what you did.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I have been binging Gundam for the last week.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    28 is a nice even number, so I'm content with closing sign ups here unless there's any last-minute holdouts. I'll still be taking reserves, of course, so hopefully I can send out roles later this evening.

wVEsyIc.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Roles have been assigned, so signups are closed.

Please try to refrain from acting on the contents of your PM until day 1 begins. If you want to establish proboards/carrier pigeon flocks/etc., feel free, but please let me know, unless you prefer to use PM groups, but please keep me in the loop.

wVEsyIc.png
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    JusticeforPluto

Am I doing this right?

Day 1 - The Battle of Astarte
    487 IC (796 UC / 3596 CE)

294px-Ring_formation_2.jpg

The year is 487 in the Imperial Calendar, the Astarte Starzone. A stalemate between the Galactic Empire and the Free Planets Alliance is coming to a head.

Although the Free Planets Alliance has massive fleet superiority, the brilliant strategies of Admiral Reinhard von Lohengramm have made progress for the Alliance, thus far, impossible.

However, the Alliance has a trick of their own up their sleeve... the tactician known as the Magician, Commodore Yang Wen-Li, who continues to analyze the Imperial formation for an opening, so the Alliance can secure a much-needed victory over the nobility of the Empire.

This grand skirmish, while one of the largest fleet battles in recorded history, will pale in comparison to the war that is about to begin for the undisputed rule of the galaxy...

And now, a new page of history begins.

Day 1 has begun, and will end tomorrow(Wednesday) at 10PM EST. Any votes and/or actions not received by that time will be forfeit.

The game will continue until either one faction is victorious, or victory for the others is impossible.

Game on.

wVEsyIc.png
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Sig Zeon!

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    This feels like the type of setting where knowing something about it would allow someone to drop little hits as to who you are or what side or whatever.

Anyone want to give me one of those for free to help me out?

This feels like the type of setting where knowing something about it would allow someone to drop little hits as to who you are or what side or whatever.

There is the LotGH Wiki, but be warned, huge spoilers tend to be very sparsely placed, i.e.

https://gineipaedia.com

1. Thing
    2. ...
    3. DEATH OF AERITH

wVEsyIc.png
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

I'm borderline illiterate here but believe we're in the universe of one of the early Gundam shows from some of the signup chatter.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Auralynx wrote: »

I'm borderline illiterate here but believe we're in the universe of one of the early Gundam shows from some of the signup chatter.

The series has no connection to Gundam whatsoever, though I guess there's some similarities as political drama goes.

wVEsyIc.png
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    cj iwakura wrote: »

The series has no connection to Gundam whatsoever, though I guess there's some similarities as political drama goes.

Then I've really got nothing. CJ provides, though.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Just to get it out of the way, Auralynx for last game.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular

Do you prefer hats or shoulder accessories?

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Can we go back to the days our love was strong?
    Can you tell me how a perfect love goes wrong?
    Can somebody tell me how to get things back the way they used to be?
    Oh, God, give me the reason
    I'm down on Gundam Wing

(I don't know why this has happened, but everytime I read the word gundam wing, instantly this song gets stuck in my head with these wrong lyrics)

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    Bluecyan wrote: »

Hats obviously.

but what does that mean?

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Can we go back to the days our love was strong?
    Can you tell me how a perfect love goes wrong?
    Can somebody tell me how to get things back the way they used to be?
    Oh, God, give me the reason
    I'm down on Gundam Wing

(I don't know why this has happened, but everytime I read the word gundam wing, instantly this song gets stuck in my head with these wrong lyrics)

Take! These gundam wings!

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    That's a Halo! Where those Covenant bastards hiding?!

JPants wrote: »

Hats obviously.

but what does that mean?

Wait by shoulder accessories you don't mean like shoulder mounted laser cannon, right? Cause uh... I might have to change my answer.

edited July 2020

You see, I'm looking through that Wiki page and this reference still doesn't make sense.

Maybe try something more colorful. I don't need it in black and white but something with a little more shape to it would help.

AustinP0027 on

You see, I'm looking through that Wiki page and this reference still doesn't make sense.

I think he was referring to the picture on page 1

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular

Hats obviously.

but what does that mean?

Wait by shoulder accessories you don't mean like shoulder mounted laser cannon, right? Cause uh... I might have to change my answer.

Knowing nothing about the series other than it's a sci-fi anime, I am just going to assume both hats and pauldrons can fire lasers.

I'm going to theorize that shoulder accessorizers are Imperialists and the behatted crew are Democrats?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

I'm going to theorize that shoulder accessorizers are Imperialists and the behatted crew are Democrats?

Yeah, feels like a smiles vs no smiles club.

If you believe in the Devine right of monarchs please walk to the left hand side of the room. If you believe that the people's voice deserves to be heard in government, please step to the right.

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Welp it's probably gonna be either a short game or long game for me. Don't know much about faction or the show. Was just looking to have some fun.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    Hi Cythraul

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    Read the information CJ gave and it was very helpful!! Thanks @cj iwakura

I think I need to inform someone about something.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Welp it's probably gonna be either a short game or long game for me. Don't know much about faction or the show. Was just looking to have some fun.

On the plus side it seems like that's 75% of us :D

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Screw the canon factions, agree with this post if you're on Team Space Pirate. There'll be booze, booty and only a 15% chance of asphyxiating to death in space!

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    !Buuuuuurrrrrnaaaaaaaaage!

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    It could be a short game for MamaWolf indeed!

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Like others, my knowledge of the setting is minimal. I will do some research and get caught up. All I know is that my role PM contains some rampant mythologizing, which I am always down for.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Gizzy kept thinking I was mafia last game

Burnage wrote: »
    Screw the canon factions, agree with this post if you're on Team Space Pirate. There'll be booze, booty and only a 15% chance of asphyxiating to death in space!

This feels like something a space cop would say.

Are you a cop? You have to tell me if you are.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

ObiFett wrote: »
    Gizzy kept thinking I was mafia last game

And I was wroooong