As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - We Should Talk, Before I Forget & Beyond a Steel Sky out today!

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    @Brovid Hasselsmof

What's your favorite random little location? Mine is
    The weird Frankenstein / animal hybrid thing. In a big house near Van Horne

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Brovid Hasselsmof

Wait I'm sorry what

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Kojima you coward

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Wait I'm sorry what

Spoiler guide and picture

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I legitimately think it's bullshit that you don't see Sam's dick

So much of the game is about Sam's body as like, a physical thing

Treating his dick like it's special or worthy of censorship undercuts a lot of what the game is doing elsewhere

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    show me the pissing dick

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    The fucking gall of Kojima censoring his dick after giving us Quiet.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I legitimately think it's bullshit that you don't see Sam's dick

So much of the game is about Sam's body as like, a physical thing

Treating his dick like it's special or worthy of censorship undercuts a lot of what the game is doing elsewhere

showing a dick makes your game an auto Adults Only designation and unsellable in a lot of markets

it will be interesting to see how these places trip over themselves to accommodate cyberpunk though

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    3clipse wrote: »

Technically you don't see any of Quiet's girly bits, so the equivelant would be Sam in a very tight speedo rather than Sam hanging dong, right?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Technically you don't see any of Quiet's girly bits, so the equivelant would be Sam in a very tight speedo rather than Sam hanging dong, right?

And we didn't even get that!

• Options
    Hitman 2 (the original) showed the pissing dick

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

The point is he sexualizes women to a ridiculous extant but doesn't have the stones to do the same to men in fear of ostracizing a bunch of immature dipshits

• Options
    we did get Raiden cupping his junk while doing naked kartwheels

• Options
    I'd say that Raiden was decently sexualised but that was like fifty years ago

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

The point is he sexualizes women to a ridiculous extant but doesn't have the stones to do the same to men in fear of ostracizing a bunch of immature dipshits

I'm going to step out on this one since you are correct and any disagreements I would have with your presentation doesn't change that fact.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

I'm going to step out on this one since you are correct and any disagreements I would have with your presentation doesn't change that fact.

Pretty sure showing a dick changes ratings and all sorts of stuff. Not quite the same, though your point is true.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options

Nah, I know you're not taking a stand. I for one would love to see sam doing a dance in the rain in a bikini

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »

anything else or is that it? we do also see sam ass in DS so that's something but he's not being sexy at the time just doing that goofy "stoic man shower" trope

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Speaking of PP, here's some GP stuff: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/07/15/coming-soon-xbox-game-pass-console-and-pc-july-2020/

Games coming to PC Game Pass:
    July 16th: Forager
    July 23rd: Carrion, Golf With Your Friends
    July 28th: Grounded (Game Preview, aka early access)
    July 30th: Nowhere Prophet, Yakuza Kiwami 2, The Touryst
    (Also Endless Space 2 and Neon Abyss were added to Game Pass as surprise games recently)

Games leaving on July 31: RiME, The Banner Saga 3

• Options
    There was some male full frontal in one of the GTA 4 addons, wasn't there?

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Snake’s ass gets a lot of attention, if I remember correctly

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    Brolo wrote: »

anything else or is that it? we do also see sam ass in DS so that's something but he's not being sexy at the time just doing that goofy "stoic man shower" trope

doesn't Snake jerk off in a locker during a codec as well

that's played more as a joke though and you only see his face

• Options
    Fucked up to think that MGS2 came out in 1970, the same year Lincoln was shot.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    There was some male full frontal in one of the GTA 4 addons, wasn't there?

Yep.

You also catch a brief glimpse of Trevors tackle in GTA 5, although it's from the rear.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options

Wait I'm sorry what

Jesus
    I never found this

• Options
    Male nudity is funny, female nudity is sexy.

• Options
    man I never found a LOT of these points of interest

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Brovid Hasselsmof

I just found this today. It was pretty creepy! I threw a bunch of fire bottles through the window to cleanse it.

Ummm my favourite place, I'm not sure, there's so many cool little spots. I like the places where you can tell a little story from the context. I found a cabin where a family had all died because their stove flume was broken and had filled the place with smoke, that was cool and sad. And I like the cabin up north where I assume the famous ice skater stayed. And the abandoned plague village in Lemoyne. Yeah, I dunno! I still have so much more to find I think.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

nah

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Theres a cabin full of guys that were killed by a meteor! It's pretty great.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Buh? Is GTA a Kojima game?

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

Today I found a frozen corpse on top of a mountain wearing a suit of armour. So now I have a cool metal hat with a big feather in it.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

Today I found a frozen corpse on top of a mountain wearing a suit of armour. So now I have a cool metal hat with a big feather in it.

why'd you kill that dude then store his corpse on top of a mountain?

• Options
    Buh? Is GTA a Kojima game?

I thought we were talking about games in general at that point.

• Options

Wait I'm sorry what

Jesus
    I never found this

It's a house where you go to meet Micah and Bill for a chapter 6 mission, but you don't go inside it then. You can't get through the door, you have to climb onto the porch and through an upstairs window.

I only really started actively exploring recently and there is so much random stuff everywhere.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

I found a Viking-ish helmet in a big stone barrow in the woods and a miner's hat that actually did work as a torch (I don't know if that was main story or not it all kind of blends together)

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Anyone else find the robot

• Options
    Gustav wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »

nah

To clarify, I'm not saying this is true, I'm saying this is how it's treated by media.

This discussion has been closed.