As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mighty Morphin Power Thread: where we of course talk about TMNT

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    If you've got a samsung smart tv, sundays the Shoutfactory Channel runs Sentai sunday, a marathon of one of their subtitles sentai shows. This weekend is Gao Ranger (Wild Force) in case you want to try and associate SOME good with Wild Force.

This past weekend was Time Ranger, which was.....ok.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    X9ykYDv.jpg

Boom is launching two new Power Ranger series with the first, Mighty Morphin, starting in November. It'll be set in the White Ranger era with it's first storyline...
    8L6Ld0G.jpg

...involving a new Green Ranger, their suit looking to be based off of the suit seen in this video.

https://youtu.be/QVmKVE3NYMI
    A new Mighty Morphin team has assembled to take on the deadliest threats to Earth - but who is the All-New Green Ranger by their side? The new Mighty Morphin team are on a collision course with an even deadlier Lord Zedd, who has a new mission and a new motivation - one that will change everything you thought you knew about our heroes! But even if the Mighty Morphin team can find a way to survive Zedd and their mysterious new enemies, they may discover the greatest threat to their future is the shocking secret of Zordon’s past! A new Mighty Morphin epic begins here, perfect for longtime fans and new readers alike.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Saba is looking kinda small there.

Interesting stuff, though. And that first cover even has guys like the Dark Rangers and the robot Lightspeed Rescue Rangers.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    eMbSbaa.jpg

The other series, also launching in November, is Power Rangers. It'll follow the comic-original Omega Rangers team who if you haven't been reading the comic lately...
    ...are (not comic-original) Jason, Trini and Zack post-departure from the team. The first story finds them breaking away from Zordon to help Lord Drakkon defeat a new major threat.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    If you haven't been reading this series, get to it. It has been so good. I've been on since the start (single issues) and am starting on grabbing the hardbacks (there are 4 I believe, I assume 5-6 total after all is done).

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I'm so tired of MMPR. I get that's what most people recognize and want and enjoy, but it's not for me. What would get me to read is basically a comic version of a brand-new season, not connected to any existing PR or Sentai season.

• Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    The Boom comics are great. I'd love for them to a do an adaptation of HyperForce.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I have no nostalgia for MMPR but yeah the Boom stuff rules, it starts at Tommy joining but even with the prequel stuff (the early Go Go run) it is it's own thing and is a fantastic reimagining.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Yea. I try to think of it as new seasons of the show. The art is fantastic. The Shattered Grid story was super fun and I'm excited for what is coming. There was an arc of a space team, which I wasn't super into, but I think now being able to read it in one shot, I might enjoy it more.

I feel like I still want to get the fighting game, but I never pull the trigger.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    The fighting game is fun. First time I have ever enjoyed a tag battle game

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I have no nostalgia for MMPR but yeah the Boom stuff rules, it starts at Tommy joining but even with the prequel stuff (the early Go Go run) it is it's own thing and is a fantastic reimagining.

Yeah, the series is exactly what I want from a reimagined series--not shying away from the darker implications but without letting it eat the story.

Mancingtom on
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h31MJCYTB-E

A trailer for Power Rangers: Dino Fury dropped. Looks good...except for the parts featuring the individual Zords in the middle of the video. Seems like the editor grabbed the 'raw' footage from TV-Nihon's unofficial subs of Ryusoulger as you can quite clearly see the cut-off digital artwork they added to the Zord summoning. Ooops.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Finished the first season of Beast Morphers
    Overall a decent-to-solid season with a likable cast, Steel is actually rising up the ranking of my favourite Rangers, he's just so earnest. Some good lessons, too, I did not expect freakin' blackmail and workplace sabotage to come up in a serious matter in a Power Rangers show. The Mayor being infected by Evox is a interesting hook, hopefully they don't squander it. Season 2 drops Thursday here so that's good timing.

• Options
    I really hope if they bring this Super Sentai over to Power Rangers, they don't cut this part out.

• Options
    Holy shit.

• Options
    It's not the first time they've had a continuous shot like that on this series but I think this is the first time they've done it with both Rangers and mechs.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Jesus Christ, Taguchi-San making a statement there.

• Options
    Here's that other long-shot I mentioned. Not as explosive but still cool.

• Options
    Cross-posting this from the Toku thread as I think this, the upcoming 45th Super Sentai called Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger, may be a Super Sentai team they may skip over for adaptation. At least TV-wise.
    Sooo, new pic for retro ranger
    3ghebe269en7.jpeg

Cool
    It's basically a team made up of one human and four robots patterned after classic Megazords.

• Options
    The four human-sized robots will also have normal ranger-style suit forms.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Where are you seeing that? I’d love for that to be true because I don’t dig the team of human-sized mecha aesthetic but the toy listings as far as I know only have figures for these five as shown

There’s some speculation based on blurry set pics that the four mecha might have pre-transformed forms, but nothing Ranger-like. More like if Champ henshin’d into his mecha rather than his ranger form

• Options
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Where are you seeing that? I’d love for that to be true because I don’t dig the team of human-sized mecha aesthetic but the toy listings as far as I know only have figures for these five as shown

There’s some speculation based on blurry set pics that the four mecha might have pre-transformed forms, but nothing Ranger-like. More like if Champ henshin’d into his mecha rather than his ranger form

Hmm, looks like the image I saw might be a 'shop.

I want it to be true also. I figured it was kind of like Zyuohger.

Guess we'll see soon enough.

• Options
    I'm re-watching Dino Charge with some friends who haven't watched Power Rangers since the 90s.

I forgot how good this season is. Easily the best Neo-Saban series, and right up there with some of the top tier Disney ones.

• Options
    Here's some design docs for Zenkaiger that show what the four robots will look like outside of fights as well as their Zord-forms.
    cdFUSes.jpg
    ZDxBURr.jpg
    1q0dMYr.jpg

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Ok that truck is just Motormaster

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    IF this actually does get some sort of adaptation, I could see actors from the seasons the robots are based on coming in to voice them. I could also see them either redesigning the human Ranger's look or perhaps creating some excuse for the look such as the creator being super-deep into old-school superhero costumes or the like.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I like the red one's little shorts

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    It's just weird to me to see animal, animal, animal, vehicle.

Like, maybe they should have made it something else instead of a truck.

Like an ape.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Tox wrote: »
    It's just weird to me to see animal, animal, animal, vehicle.

Like, maybe they should have made it something else instead of a truck.

Like an ape.

So what you are saying is

"Monkey not trukk!"

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    and this is now a transformers thread

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    any of y'all watch pluto TV and the tokushoutsu channel?

It's really nice watching subs of a bunch of classic sentai streaming for free, it makes me nostalgic for classic power rangers.

Except then they started the other week showing newer Ultraman but it didn't have subtitles? So I haven't watched it in a bit.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    It was Armada prime everyone not Motormaster sorry!
    https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Nemesis_Prime_(Armada)

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I wonder if the "one Ranger and four robots" idea was conceived as a way to film during the pandemic by having four of the actors masked at all times?

• Options

A group called FLAMETOYS that seem to sell model kits of mostly Transformers have announced a new line-up of models which begin with a tweaked version of the MMPR Megazord.

• Options
    Flame Toys also makes high end figures and statues. This is probably in the high-end figure part of their brand.

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I know that isn’t Obari’s handiwork but lord if it doesn’t feel like he’s a major influence on it

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options