As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PC Games - We Should Talk, Before I Forget & Beyond a Steel Sky out today!

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Oh then yah

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Buh? Is GTA a Kojima game?

I thought we were talking about games in general at that point.

We may have and I'm just a dumb. I was just talking Kojima tho.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Anyone else find the robot

that whole quest line was great
    unless you can find it after it escapes?

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Gustav wrote: »
    Male nudity is funny, female nudity is sexy.

nah

To clarify, I'm not saying this is true, I'm saying this is how it's treated by media.

tube likes naked ladies, you heard it here first folks!

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Yep
    you can find it in the mountains near the abandoned snowy town where you start the game. It's just sitting up on a cliff looking at the landscape and occasionally saying "Papa?"

I put one in the back of its head and sat and looked at nothing for a long time

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

Yep
    you can find it in the mountains near the abandoned snowy town where you start the game. It's just sitting up on a cliff looking at the landscape and occasionally saying "Papa?"

I put one in the back of its head and sat and looked at nothing for a long time

Neat!

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    The thing is, when it comes to stuff like nudity, the major publishers and games can totally push against this and allow it to be accepted. A video game generation ago for most of it you could not actually show nudity at all and keep your M rating. By the end of that generation and through all of this console generation, partial/full nudity became an accepted thing for video games to do, especially as a major publisher/game. GTA 5, The Witcher series, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Saints Row, God of War, etc. Almost exclusively though, its been female breasts that have gotten the go ahead, with a few exceptions.

For a game like Death Stranding, if they really wanted to, could have had a fully animated Penis for Sam to urinate out of, and would not have gotten slapped with an AO rating. It was Kojima's weird ass auteur game, he could have done it and gotten minimal to zero push back.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

nah

To clarify, I'm not saying this is true, I'm saying this is how it's treated by media.

to be fair, dicks are really funny

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I'm trying to think of any case where female nudity was utilized for anything aside to titilate, or illustrate vulnerability, and I can't think of a single example.

Undead Scottsman on
  • I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

nah

tube likes naked ladies, you heard it here first folks!

Who doesn't like whimsical Canadian nerd-pop?

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I'm trying to think of any case where female nudity was utilized for anything aside to titilate, or illustrate vulnerability, and I can't think of a single example.

The only one that comes to my mind, and only because I just recently saw it, was AC Origins. Some of the NPC women in towns walk around topless, and not just “they’re around a brothel so they’re topless” but “regular farmer out collecting their harvest” people.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

in gaming? you get a lot of horrortits in fantasy games, usually when they're trying to show enemy types that are supposed to be grotesque or misshapen

Brolo wrote: »

in gaming? you get a lot of horrortits in fantasy games, usually when they're trying to show enemy types that are supposed to be grotesque or misshapen

yeah but they still have perfect breasts most of the time

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

oh absolutely not

perfect breasts do not look like horrortits

edited July 2020

oh absolutely not

sure they do

op9chdj3a8kr.png

that's the first image that came up and the rest were similar

Magic Pink on

nah I'm thinking of like the broodmother from dragon age or the succubus from DmC

nah I'm thinking of like the broodmother from dragon age or the succubus from DmC

Oh. Oh yeah. Yeah those are pretty gross. I've never seen those.

ew brolo ew

• KamarKamar Registered User regular

oh absolutely not

sure they do

op9chdj3a8kr.png

that's the first image that came up and the rest were similar

Gonna go out on a limb and suggest that search results that include the word breast or tits or whatever in the description will trend towards boobs that still register as boobish to their audience.

People aren't describing nightmare creatures with grotesque desexualized breasts with the phrase 'horrortits' nearly as often as they're describing out-of-place-perfect-breasts, regardless of the frequency of one or the other.

That's a search that's definitely more likely to pull up Quelaags and whatnot (though I suspect there are more out-of-place-perfect-tits than appropriately-horror-fied-tits).

• Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    I've been playing the Halo campaigns for the last couple of weeks and man

even though military sci-fi is totally not my thing

Bungie are so good at that weird alchemy of design, of aesthetics, and things that are hard to quantify

I love the way the guns feel and sound; I love the look of the battle rifle, the Master Chief, the warthog, the pelican; their skyboxes hold up almost twenty years later, and they've got some of the all-time best music to ever be featured in a videogame.

I legit enjoy being in this world even though the premise - a space war against aliens told from the military's perspective and also there's zombies - doesn't really do much for me on paper.

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Are we taking about funny dicks in this thread?

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/UM2hhgO

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    New Snowrunner content out today.

SnowRunner - Season One | Overview Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReGpfZbFal0

Dirtyboy on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I have finished Disco Elysium
    there are a lot of highlights in that ending, especially if you actually solve the murder, but Kim's unvarnished glee at discovering you used to be a gym teacher has got to be one of the best payoffs I've ever seen

now to do a playthrough wherein my body isn't totally fuckin' useless

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    HELL YEAH

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor

I'm guessing Valve also never officially said they're no longer working on TF2.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i mean technically speaking they did put in those statues of the Soldier when his voice actor died

liEt3nH.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

this is actually kinda cool, I like the layout and the guide

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    that feels so 90s

BahamutZERO.gif
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Probably the only way I can play it! I probably don't have a high enough bandwidth cap to do download only.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Finally, a weapon to surpass Modern Warfare

• KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Talking about it made me start playing through The Surge again.

Say what you will about anything else in the game, I really appreciate the way they contrast between faux-benevolent tech company PR and libertarian reality, escalated even more sci-fi and dystopian but still wholly recognizable.

Kamar on
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    If we still got to deal in hard copy, isn't it about time to whip up some kind of read-only flash drive? Ten discs seems like the point to make the switch.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

I'm pretty sure that's against Twitch TOS so I mean... there's an effort building to get the US Army banned from the platform now.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    You mean I’d have to buy some kind of disc drive for my pc?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I've been thinking about getting a USB DVD drive just to check out the occasional movie from the library. At this point, I'm pretty sure Fury Road is never going to come to a streaming service I subscribe to, and it's just there on the Feature Films shelf, taunting me.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Jedoc wrote: »
    If we still got to deal in hard copy, isn't it about time to whip up some kind of read-only flash drive? Ten discs seems like the point to make the switch.

The game is only 150gb. I'm guessing they cheaped out and went with single layer blu-rays.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Yep thats my entire monthly bandwidth cap.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    I believe the game can go well over 150GB if you want to use the highest quality textures and world detail and don't want to download them on the fly from MS' servers.

This discussion has been closed.