As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PC Games - We Should Talk, Before I Forget & Beyond a Steel Sky out today!

19495969798100»

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that's against Twitch TOS so I mean... there's an effort building to get the US Army banned from the platform now.
    Isn't that just flat illegal?

steam_sig.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

I'm pretty sure that's against Twitch TOS so I mean... there's an effort building to get the US Army banned from the platform now.
    Isn't that just flat illegal?

What do laws mean to the US military?

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Digging into the files gave the answer

Platy on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    I believe the game can go well over 150GB if you want to use the highest quality textures and world detail and don't want to download them on the fly from MS' servers.

https://youtu.be/VtJUHGjVm0E

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    “only”

"Only" in the context of coming on six friggen' blu-rays!

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I think RDR2 was about a 150 gig download. It took me like 4 days.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Mans death stranding is pretty as hell, and the atmosphere is thick. I’m digging the weird world and sci-fi strangeness too, reminds me of neon genesis in some ways

Hopefully this isn't more collaboration with Voidpoint.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I'm sorry. Every time I see Apogee Software I just think back to this fucking gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K00DCK1l98

I'm sorry. Every time I see Apogee Software I just think back to this fucking gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K00DCK1l98

The best part is that goes on for nearly four minutes.

Four minutes to just spam the name of the trilogy over and over again!

Speaking of bad Apogee (or 3D Realms) releated trailers, I'm reminded of this announcement trailer for Bombshell.

https://youtu.be/Q36Q-X198cs

Just.. who thought that it was a good idea to release that?

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    george broussard

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Daniel Jackson... clever

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    What do apogee even own nowadays?

edited July 2020
    Prohass wrote: »
    What do apogee even own nowadays?

Current Apogee is a former Apogee/3D Realms employee who bought the rights to the name off of 3D Realms. So I don't think they own much.

They may own Rise of the Triad, having published the 2013 remake, but I'm not sure.

Edit: Sounds like he got the rights to other apogee games as well, but I don't know which ones.

Undead Scottsman on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    apogee owns the non-Duke Nukem 3d realms ip from before the latter was reformed

i.e. rise of the triad

it's a bunch of obscure and semi-obscure stuff that never mattered very much

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    i.e. rise of the triad
    (...)
    never mattered very much
    You shut your filthy mouth!

The RotT remake was alright. Some of the people left the company and went on to make Amid Evil, which was fucking awesome, but they have a publishing deal with New Blood so I doubt they're working on a follow-up with Apogee. Especially since Interceptor is still around in the form of Slipgate Ironworks, who seem to have become a port/remaster studio, for the most part.

Still waiting on that 1.3 patch for Bombshell you promised, guys.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    If we still got to deal in hard copy, isn't it about time to whip up some kind of read-only flash drive? Ten discs seems like the point to make the switch.

The game is only 150gb. I'm guessing they cheaped out and went with single layer blu-rays.

Those are DVDs.

Which kinda makes sense, because how many people ever got a Blu-ray drive for their computer?

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

man that image could have been used for something so much more interesting

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    OH YEAH?

NAME THREE.

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited July 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDxssLBC_tQ

you had some typos in there, I hope you don't mind me correcting them

Tamin on
  • ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    If we still got to deal in hard copy, isn't it about time to whip up some kind of read-only flash drive? Ten discs seems like the point to make the switch.

The game is only 150gb. I'm guessing they cheaped out and went with single layer blu-rays.

Those are DVDs.

Which kinda makes sense, because how many people ever got a Blu-ray drive for their computer?

Ooh, ooh, me! Me!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

Those are DVDs.

Ooh, ooh, me! Me!

there are dozens of us!

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDxssLBC_tQ

you had some typos in there, I hope you don't mind me correcting them

I got a GOG account specifically to get that game.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

Those are DVDs.

Ooh, ooh, me! Me!

I do too, though sitting on a shelf and not in my computer. I just recognize that most people don't.

Then again, recent computers don't tend to have DVD drives either.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Those are DVDs.

Ooh, ooh, me! Me!

I do too, though sitting on a shelf and not in my computer. I just recognize that most people don't.

Then again, recent computers don't tend to have DVD drives either.

Yeah, I built my previous PC without one and didn't include one in the latest one I bought either. I got fat pipes and no data cap so there's no need.

JtgVX0H.png
    edited July 2020
    man they just keep soldiering on with that game

I really wish they had just launched it in early access, it would have done such a good job to temper those early expectations

0oSFNKF.jpg

Brolo on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    OH YEAH?

NAME THREE.

THE RED LOCK
    chapters 1, 2 and 3

We should talk is a short-form narrative game that will make you think carefully about the words you choose.

Using a unique narrative choice mechanic, you'll craft sentences in response to the in-game characters in We should talk. Through this careful choice of words, you'll be able to express yourself as you discuss ongoing problems about life and romance with Sam, your in-game partner, over text messages, while also chatting with friends and strangers at your favorite local bar about what’s on your mind.

The combination of words you choose impacts the conversations you have, how genuinely you can connect with your partner, and whether your relationship can survive the night. It's up to you how you respond—depending on how you communicate, you'll see one of many possible endings.
    20200716 We Should Talk (narrative, choices, dialog)

From Charles Cecil, creator of the Broken Sword series, with art direction by Dave Gibbons, legendary comic book artist behind ‘Watchmen’, comes ‘Beyond A Steel Sky’, the long awaited sequel to the cult classic ‘Beneath a Steel Sky’.

You are Robert Foster. A child has been abducted in a brutal attack. You have vowed to bring him home. The trail has led you to Union City, one of the last remaining mega-cities in a world ravaged by shattering wars, and political meltdown.

Union City is a utopia, its people loving life under the control of an altruistic AI: ever-attentive androids, designer living, piazzas and bars. What’s not to love? But this City has a dark underbelly...

‘Beyond a Steel Sky’ is a dramatic, humorous, cyberpunk thriller in which engaging puzzles drive a fast-paced narrative set in a dynamic gameworld that responds to – and is subverted by – the player’s actions.
    20200716 Beyond a Steel Sky (cyberpunk, point and click, adventure)

A woman alone in a house. A mystery and a love story. Explore the present to uncover the past, in a short story of love and loss and a life well-lived.
    A narrative exploration that examines a world where memories are constantly fading and jumbled. A game about dementia and what happens when you can't hold onto the things you've done or the people you've loved.
    20200716 Before I Forget (narrative, adventure, exploration)

MIND CONTROL DELETE is the first person shooter where time m░ves only w▒en you move. No regenerati░g he▀lth bars. No conv▒nie▄tly pla▒ed am▄o dr▄p█▒■ YOU SHOULDN’T BE HERE. YOU HAVE ALREADY WON
    20200716 Superhot: Mind Control Delete (SUPER, HOT)

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    A Beneath A Steel Sky sequel? In 2020? What?

JtgVX0H.png
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    You know, i'd heard that Death Stranding was Hideo Kojima going "it's because you be on that phone", but i really hadn't expected just how much it is Hideo Kojima going "it's because you be on that phone"

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Alright doggies it's time for a new thread.

This discussion has been closed.