As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium - Game 6: Round 9 - Game Over!

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Play Tech secondary
    Exhaust Thibah and Zohbat
    Research Hegemonic Trade Policy
    0/2/1

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Play Tech Secondary
    Exhaust Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I) Druaa (3R, 1I) =4R
    Research Hybrid Crystal Fighter II

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    So many neat racial techs, I don't even know which to go for

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'd have better ones for you to steal but Ghosts are not being very friendly with their strategy cards.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    @Ketar Would you want to trade notes again? These techs aren't super appealing to me at the moment.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    @Ketar Would you want to trade notes again? These techs aren't super appealing to me at the moment.

I'd be open to doing so. Damn, this was after opting to hold E-Res Siphons off for another round to give you a better option. Carrier II isn't sexy but that extra movement is really useful.

• Options
    I'll use trade agreement to take Carrier II.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Which I think puts it at @MrBody 's move.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited July 2020
    edit: nevemind, thought the agreement had already been used

Phyphor on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    OK, so it looks like Ketar edited their previous post to change their research from E-Res Siphons to Carrier II? And that was to facilitate 38thDoe to play (and return) the Jol-Nar racial promissory note? (At least that's what I think was meant by "trade agreement".) I'll allow the change since there doesn't appear to be any negative side effects.

With that, I think Technology is closed and it is indeed MrBody's action.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Technically, Jol-Nar plays after Naalu on that strategy card anyway, so yeah.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    OK, so it looks like Ketar edited their previous post to change their research from E-Res Siphons to Carrier II? And that was to facilitate 38thDoe to play (and return) the Jol-Nar racial promissory note? (At least that's what I think was meant by "trade agreement".) I'll allow the change since there doesn't appear to be any negative side effects.

With that, I think Technology is closed and it is indeed MrBody's action.

Apologies, but yes that's roughly it. I had been planning on Carrier II all along, and then was a dumbass when posting last night and put in E-Res Siphons for some reason (well, reason being that it is good and would get me a VP, but still isn't the choice I'd planned other actions around). I thought I'd caught it quickly enough since it was late at night (well, here anyway) and only MrBody had posted in the meantime.

I need to work on taking my time with responding instead of doing so quickly because I feel guilty if I end up holding up the game. My quarantine brain is a bit mushy right now. I'll try to slow down and make sure everything is correct prior to posting.

Ketar on
  • Options
    I think its pass right now. I suppose I could take yours in exchange for a TG or something, but giving mine out doesn't seem to be much of a deterrant in previous games and then it just stops me from getting efficient revenge.

Final offer:
    Ceasefire exchange and I give you my Trade agreement
    That being in two transactions because rule reasons, and that being the best I would offer to make peace.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Activate End of the Line system
    -1 TA
    Move destroyer from homeworld

1/2/1

@Ketar

• Options

War Effort
    Action: Place 1 cruiser from your reinforcements in a system that contains 1 or more of your ships.

Choose Bereg-Lirta IV

Sabotage anyone?
    @A Half Eaten Oreo @Phyphor @MrBody @38thDoe @discrider

• Options
    nope

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Had to bust out the map.
    Clearly beneath me.
    x27m44yghusw.png

discrider on
  • Options
    Nope

• Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    No sab

• Options
    We're sorry, Winnu, but that picture was added in approximately 10 minutes too late. The Jol-Nar already took great offense and will now spend the rest of the game attempting to erase you from existence.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Foiled by my own humourous.

Was staging a 'if the glove fits' comment, but apparently the humerus is the upper arm and these gloves only go to my elbow

discrider on
  • Options
    I think its pass right now. I suppose I could take yours in exchange for a TG or something, but giving mine out doesn't seem to be much of a deterrant in previous games and then it just stops me from getting efficient revenge.

Final offer:
    Ceasefire exchange and I give you my Trade agreement
    That being in two transactions because rule reasons, and that being the best I would offer to make peace.

Okay, trade agreement first.

No funny stuff!

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Exchange my Trade agreement for Naalu's Ceasefire
    And playing leadership, but need to work out allocation

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Round 3: Action Phase Update 2

The Ghosts of Creuss: Play the primary ability of the (7) Technology Strategy Card, exhausting Creuss (4R) and Vefut II (2R) to research PDS II and racial technology Dimensional Splicer.
    Sol plays on the secondary (SP 2 --> 1), exhausting Resculon (2R) and Saudor (2R) to research Dacxive Animators.
    Naalu plays on the secondary (SP 3 --> 2), exhausting Druaa (3R) and Qucen'n (1R) to research racial technology Hybrid Crystal Fighter II.
    Winnu plays on the secondary (SP 2 --> 1), exhausting Thibah (1R) and Zohbat (3R) to research racial technology Hegemonic Trade Policy.
    Jol-Nar plays on the secondary (SP 2 --> 1), using racial abilities Brilliant and Analytical and exhausting Nar (2R), Arnor (2R), and Lirta IV (2R) to research Duranium Armor and Carrier II.
    Naalu plays Jol-Nar's Research Agreement racial promissory note, gaining Carrier II.
    Federation of Sol: Activate the empty "End of the Line" system. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Move in 1 Destroyer from the Sol Home System.
    Universities of Jol-Nar: Play Action Card "War Effort" (AC 5 --> 4), placing 1 Cruiser into the Bereg-Lirta IV system.

Current Map: Round 3, Action Phase Update 2

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    Federation of Sol: 3 VP
    The Winnu: 0 VP
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 0 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 0 VP
    Nekro Virus: 0 VP
    The Naalu Collective: 0 VP

Public Objectives
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.
    Diversify Research (1 VP): Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors.
    Erect a Monument (1 VP): Spend 8 resources.
    Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait.
    1 Stage I Objective and 5 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

Secret Objectives
    The Winnu: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    Nekro Virus: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    Federation of Sol: 0 Secret Objectives in hand, 1 claimed:
    Fuel the War Machine (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have 3 Space Docks on the game board.
    The Naalu Collective: 1 Secret Objective in hand.

Special Objectives
    Custodians of Mecatol Rex (1 VP): Claimed by Sol in Round 2.
    Seed of an Empire (1 VP): Gained by Sol in Round 2.

The Winnu (discrider) SPEAKER
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 0
    Action Cards: 4

Tactic Pool: 0
    Fleet Pool: 2
    Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Support for the Throne, Acquiescence)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Hegemonic Trade Policy, Plasma Scoring, PDS II

Worlds:
    R - Winnu (3R, 4I)
    R - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    R - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    X - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Salai Sai Corian: Combat Value 7 (x?), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When this unit makes a combat roll, it rolls a number of dice equal to the number of your opponent's non-Fighter ships in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Lazax Gate Folding (Blue, requires 2 Blue): During your Tactical Actions, if you do not control Mecatol Rex, treat its system as if it contains both an Alpha and Beta wormhole. Action: If you control Mecatol Rex, exhaust this card to place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Technology: Hegemonic Trade Policy (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): Exhaust this card when 1 or more of your units use Production; swap the resource and influence value of 1 planet you control until the end of your turn.
    - Blood Ties: You do not have to spend influence to remove the Custodians token from Mecatol Rex.
    - Reclamation: After you resolve a Tactical Action during which you gained control of Mecatol Rex, you may place 1 PDS and 1 Space Dock from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Acquiescence: At the end of the Strategy Phase: Exchange 1 of your Strategy Cards with a Strategy Card that was chosen by the Winnu player. Then, return this card to the Winnu player.

Universities of Jol-Nar (Ketar)
    Commodities: 0 / 4
    Action Cards: 4

Tactic Pool: 2
    Fleet Pool: 3

Promissory Notes: Creuss Ceasefire, Naalu Gift of Prescience - ACTIVE (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Research Agreement)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Sarween Tools, Plasma Scoring, Duranium Armor, Dreadnought II, Carrier II

Worlds:
    R - Jol (1R, 2I)
    X - Nar (2R, 3I)
    X - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    R - Dal Bootha (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    R - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Xxehan (Cultural, 1R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: J.N.S. Hylarim: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When making a combat roll for this ship, each (pre-modified) roll of 9 or 10 produces 2 additional hits.
    - Racial Technology: Spacial Conduit Cylinder (Blue, requires 2 Blue): You may exhaust this card after you activate a system that contains 1 or more of your units; that system is adjacent to all other systems that contain 1 or more of your units during this activation.
    - Racial Technology: E-Res Siphons (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, gain 4 Trade Goods.
    - Fragile: Apply -1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Brilliant: When you spend a command token to resolve the secondary ability of the Technology Strategy card, you may resolve the primary ability instead.
    - Analytical: When you research a technology that is not a unit upgrade technology, you may ignore 1 prerequisite.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Research Agreement: After the Jol-Nar researches a technology that is not a faction technology: Gain that technology. Then, return this card to the Jol-Nar player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo)
    Action Cards: 3

Tactic Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: Winnu Political Secret (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Creuss IFF)
    Technology: Gravity Drive, Sarween Tools, Plasma Scoring, Dimensional Splicer, PDS II

Worlds:
    X - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    R - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    X - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 2I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

Nekro Virus (Phyphor)
    Trade Goods: 2
    Action Cards: 2

Strategy Pool: 3

Promissory Notes: Naalu Trade Agreement (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Antivirus)
    Technology: Dacxive Animators, Gravity Drive, Sarween Tools (Valefor Assimilator X, Valefor Assimilator Y)

Worlds:
    X - Mordai II (4R, 0I)
    R - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    X - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    X - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    X - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    X - Tequ'ran (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    R - Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: The Alastor: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. At the start of a Space Combat, choose any number of your ground forces in this system to participate in that combat as if they were ships.
    - Racial Technology: Valefar Assimilator X (colorless): When you would gain another player's technology using 1 of your faction's abilities, you may place the "X" assimilator on a faction technology owned by that player instead. While that token is on a technology, this card gains that technology's text. You cannot place an assimilator token on technology that already has an assimilator token.
    - Racial Technology: Valefar Assimilator Y (colorless): When you would gain another player's technology using 1 of your faction's abilities, you may place the "X" assimilator on a faction technology owned by that player instead. While that token is on a technology, this card gains that technology's text. You cannot place an assimilator token on technology that already has an assimilator token.
    - Galactic Threat: You cannot vote on Agendas. Once per Agenda Phase, after an Agenda is revealed, you may predict aloud the outcome of that Agenda. If your prediction is correct, gain 1 technology that is owned by a player who voted how you predicted.
    - Technological Singularity: Once per combat, after 1 of your opponent's units is destroyed, you may gain 1 technology that is owned by that player.
    - Propagation: You cannot research technology. When you would research a technology, gain 3 command tokens instead.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Antivirus: At the start of a combat: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, the Nekro player cannot use his "Technological Singularity" faction ability against you. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Nekro player's units, return this card to the Nekro player.

Federation of Sol (MrBody)
    Trade Goods: 6

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators, Advanced Carrier II

Worlds:
    R - Jord (4R, 2I)
    R - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    R - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    X - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)
    X - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Advanced Carrier (Carrier): As Carrier, but Carry Capacity 6.
    - Racial Unit: Spec Ops (Infantry): As Infantry, but Combat Value 7.
    - Flagship: Genesis: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 12. Sustain Damage. At the end of the Status Phase, place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements in this system's space area.
    - Racial Technology: Spec Ops II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Green): As Infantry, but Combat Value 6. After this unit is destroyed, roll 1 die. If the result is 5 or greater, place the unit on this card. At the start of your next turn, place each unit that is on this card on a planet you control in your home system.
    - Racial Technology: Advanced Carrier II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue): As Carrier, but Movement 2, Capacity 8. Sustain Damage.
    - Orbital Drop: Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place 2 Infantry from your reinforcements on 1 planet you control.
    - Versatile: When you gain command tokens during the Status Phase, gain 1 additional command token.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Military Support: At the start of the Sol player's turn: Remove 1 token from the Sol player's Strategy pool, if able, and return it to his reinforcements. Then, you may place 2 Infantry from your reinforcements on any planet you control. Then, return this card to the Sol player.

The Naalu Collective (38thDoe)
    Trade Goods: 8

Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Political Secret, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Sarween Tools, Antimass Deflectors, Hybrid Crystal Fighter II, Carrier II

Worlds:
    R - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    X - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    X - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    X - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    X - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Hybrid Crystal Fighter (Fighter): As Fighter, but Combat Value 8.
    - Flagship: Matriarch: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 6. Sustain Damage. During an invasion in this system, you may commit Fighters to planets as if they were ground forces. When combat ends, return those units to the space area.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Neuroglaive (Green, requires 3 Green): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, that player removes 1 token from his Fleet pool and returns it to his reinforcements.
    - Telepathic: At the end of the Strategy Phase, place the Naalu "0" token on the Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order.
    - Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Gift of Prescience: At the end of the Strategy Phase: place this card face up in your play area and place the Naalu "0" token on your Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order. The Naalu player cannot use his "Telepathic" faction ability during this game round. Return this card to the Naalu player at the end of the Status Phase.

Neutral Worlds and Ongoing Game Effects
    N - Mehar Xull (Hazardous, 1R, 3I, R)
    N - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)

Minister of Commerce - Held by Naalu. When Naalu replenishes commodities, they gain 1 Trade Good for each other player that is their neighbor.

Order of Play
    Universities of Jol-Nar (Ketar) - (0) Warfare
    The Winnu (@discrider) - (1) Leadership Current Player
    The Naalu Collective (38thDoe) - (2) Diplomacy
    Nekro Virus (Phyphor) - (3) Politics
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo) - (7) Technology
    Federation of Sol (MrBody) - (8) Imperial

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    I guess I tap everything and get 7 tokens.
    2/3/5
    @A Half Eaten Oreo @Phyphor @MrBody @38thDoe @Ketar

@38thDoe to accept a Trade note for their Ceasefire
    And then to take their turn and accept my Ceasefire.

• Options
    Play on Leadership secondary. Exhaust Jol, Lor and Dal Bootha for 6I. Allocate 2 tokens resulting in 2/4/2.

• Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    Can't play even if I wanted to, and I want to.

• Options
    Play, use Rarron Maaluuk and 1 TG to get 2 tokens. +1 fleet +1 tactic

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Play, exhaust torkan & centauri, 1/5/3

• Options
    Looks like just @MrBody is left to declare their Leadership Secondary action.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Exhaust Mecatol Rex + Corneeq + 1 TG for 9 influence
    +3 CC
    +1/0/+2
    2/2/3
    TA/FS/SA

@38thDoe

MrBody on
  • Options
    Action is currently on @38thDoe.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options

Accept winnu ceasefire.
    Play Diplomacy:

Primary Ability: Choose 1 system other than Mecatol Rex that contains a planet you control; each other player places a Command token from their reinforcements in the chosen system. Then, ready up to 2 exhausted planets you control.

Everyone go to a diplomatic conference on Rarron. Ready Starpoint and Druaa.

@MrBody @A Half Eaten Oreo @Phyphor @discrider @Ketar
    Secondary Ability: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to ready up to 2 exhausted planets you control.

38thDoE on steam

• Options

Accept winnu ceasefire.
    Play Diplomacy:

Primary Ability: Choose 1 system other than Mecatol Rex that contains a planet you control; each other player places a Command token from their reinforcements in the chosen system. Then, ready up to 2 exhausted planets you control.

Secondary Ability: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to ready up to 2 exhausted planets you control.

You are also yet to confirm the transaction in my previous turn, of your ceasefire for my trade agreement.

• Options

Accept winnu ceasefire.
    Play Diplomacy:

You are also yet to confirm the transaction in my previous turn, of your ceasefire for my trade agreement.

Well, there is an Agree on your post with the official proposal. I think MrBlarney prefers an actual bolded/colored reply to confirm though.

• Options
    Play diplomacy secondary
    -1 SA
    ready Resculon & Saudor

2/2/2

• Options
    Ketar wrote: Β»

Accept winnu ceasefire.
    Play Diplomacy:

Well, there is an Agree on your post with the official proposal. I think MrBlarney prefers an actual bolded/colored reply to confirm though.

Confirm that transaction then.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Play, untap Winnu and the 0/4/red planet.
    2/3/4

• Options
    Are you not confirming my transaction then?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Are you not confirming my transaction then?

Confirm Naalu confirming the second transaction

(Had proposed both in my previous post, so happy to confirm again)

discrider on