As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PC Games - Street Power Football and No Straight Roads out today!

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    SUPER

HOT

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

Pretty nice that owners of SUPERHOT are getting MIND CONTROL DELETE for free. :)

EDIT: That FAQ is a hoot, though. How many people "purchased SUPERHOT on Stadia"?

I love the email address:

I’m from [enter country] and MIND CONTROL DELETE’s localization into my language sucks.
    Oh snap. Thx for letting us know. Please write to localisationcouldbebetterbutiloveyouanyway@superhotgame.com
    We will try to fix it as fast as possible. Thx

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

wow how dare you laser target my desires like this
    He carefully lines up the pins, but then the video halts with a big NOPE! message like he’s done something wrong. “They gotta fit right, you gotta be gentle,” the message goes on to say, which thankfully Cavill didn’t voice himself because otherwise I’d actually be deceased right now.

good lord

There's a bit early on where he's just working away and then his bicep just casually moves into frame and can you imagine just walking around and having that casually block out the Sun?

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    I wish I could block out MY son!!!!

• Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular

wow how dare you laser target my desires like this
    YaYa wrote: »
    SUPER

HOT

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    This Beyond a Steel Sky game is neat so far. It feels like an old adventure game but with full 3rd person movement and camera. I am very early.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I haven't seen that screen in a long time

JtgVX0H.png
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    What is it?

zsnes emulator

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Those curtains. Is Cavill building a PC for his grandmother.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I’d like him to fucken, build a pc for my grandmother

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    cavil is probably the kinda dude who would be stoked if his grandma asked him to build a pc for her

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    My mother (In her late 50's at the time) ordered parts for a gaming PC a couple years back and told me how annoyed she was that my brother, who she enlisted for help, basically did the entire thing for her. She later got parts to put together a gaming PC for the living room and enlisted my aid to put it together... and basically had me do every step.

I still give her shit about that.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    so what is Mind Control Delete? is it Superhot 2? a spinoff?

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

It's a Superhot dungeon crawler with roguelike elements kind of?

You unlock different abilities and "hacks" that you get during each run, and each node you activate on the map is like 6 to 9 consecutive stages

It's less "crafted" than the other two Superhot entries, but it has fun stuff like a grenade hack that causes objects to explode into bullets when you throw them

Or being able to dash instantly up to enemies to punch/cut them

Maddoc on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

It's a Superhot dungeon crawler with roguelike elements kind of?

You unlock different abilities and "hacks" that you get during each run, and each node you activate on the map is like 6 to 9 consecutive stages

It's less "crafted" than the other two Superhot entries, but it has fun stuff like a grenade hack that causes objects to explode into bullets when you throw them

Or being able to dash instantly up to enemies to punch/cut them

Yeah it's essentially Superhot with modifiers and progression

Not sure what's at the end of it, narrative is pretty sparse in this one, but it's fun to play

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am playing more Beyond a Steel Sky. This feels like a telltale game but somehow with a better budget and actual cinematic camera angles and cuts during conversations.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

I am playing more Beyond a Steel Sky. This feels like a telltale game but somehow with a better budget and actual cinematic camera angles and cuts during conversations.

does it assume you've played and remember beneath a steel sky? because I played that 25 years ago but only have the vaguest memories of what it was about

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

does it assume you've played and remember beneath a steel sky? because I played that 25 years ago but only have the vaguest memories of what it was about

Beneath is free on GOG if you want a refresher

JtgVX0H.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I remember that there's a steel sky

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I forgot about a coupon I had.

Ooblets is only 8 dollars for me.

Heck yeah!

*throws another game on the pile of maybe play someday*

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    BbwX1iN.jpg

ooblets why you gotta do me like this

Protip: for the overwhelming majority of people, our entire lives will amount to nothing more than a big toot.

This is why we should concentrate on working hard to make the world a better place for everyone, that way we will have helped the world move towards a true utopia in our own tiny but helpful way.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I wish I could block out MY son!!!!

RUDE.

@Brolo, how do you feel about your Dad wanting to block you out?

edited July 2020

I never played the original. It very much references it all the time. However I am doing an okay job of piecing it all together.

I just got to a museum with what I assume are exhibits of stuff from the first game. There is this tv bot that comes up when you press the button and it shows old graphics of the things from that game. It's neat and I should probably play that game before continuing with this one.

Librarian's ghost on

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Death Stranding is really weird

and not because of the babies and ghosts and whatnot that's all pretty straightforward

i'm mostly just in chapter 2 at the starting areas at the moment, and it really undermines so much of its open wilderness by putting so much crap in it. Even before all the wilderness gets paved over by random buildings that other players leave, it's just full of random dropped cargo and collectibles and whatnot. And these are just random things plopped over the landscape, with huge glowing signs over them. They don't even try to fit in with the terrain or anything.

and you make a lot more progress from picking up and delivering the random stuff than from doing the official delivery missions

it's also kinda weird to have every single character at the places you are delivering to treat you like the greatest, most important person in the world at all times including emailing you while you're away to tell you that you are the greatest most important person

also, for a game that places a lot of emphasis on these slow animations to really sell the weight and physicality of everything, it's kinda odd that you can just skip through them unlike, say, rdr2. It feels like it kinda undermines what's going on a little.

the walking and traversal stuff is great, and there's a real cool sense of seeing this huge amount of cargo to be delivered and thinking "yeah, I can do this" and plotting your route etc. It just has all these odd touches that undermine it

i am kinda interested in seeing where the story goes in the back bits that makes everyone retroactively hate everything about the game

Aw yeah, I forgot I had an EGS coupon, Ooblets is looking a lot more tempting now

• djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    originally mentioned in the last thread, but I got it today, and Townscaper is surprisingly easy to spend a lot of time in.

this person made a fairly solid town with streets in it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2M45AlxdtU

whereas I found i was going the opposite way and made a bunch of islands and walkways:

DybEt9c.jpg

anyway, highly recommended for some chill town-building times.

djmitchella on
    yeah townscaper is rad

like it's not really a game as much as a toy, but honestly I just like it as a way to wind down for like 15 minutes at the end of a day

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    The designer(s?) put Townscaper out with a clear, "we don't really know what this is right now or where it's going" message, but I took one look at it and was like, 'that's the beginning of the best RPG mapmaking tool ever'.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    honestly i feel like games could do with more "toy not game" experiences

liEt3nH.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

so long as they include norman reedus' pissing dick

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    The designer(s?) put Townscaper out with a clear, "we don't really know what this is right now or where it's going" message, but I took one look at it and was like, 'that's the beginning of the best RPG mapmaking tool ever'.

I literally started it up with the intention of trying to re-create a section of Duskvol... the limitations of how much ground I could put down however meant I could only re-create a small portion of the Docks.

nmluj11cjpy2.png

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

There's a wooden toy train game on gamepass atm that is very easy to lose hours in and ya it just build and play , no objectives

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    PiptheFair wrote: »

so long as they include norman reedus' pissing dick

Cut or uncut, though?

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Depends, do you have the regular version of the game or Director's Cut?

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Halo 3 has a very bad script, and the last 2 missions are real terrible (apart from the final escape)

but dang is the rest of it good.

This discussion has been closed.