As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Unfortunately the Walmart local to me closed down years ago, so it's Walmart gets a restock, an online retailer get some copies, or ebay.

Or enjoy the Soundwave I already have. :)

Aw that is a bummer. If I feel safe by then and out looking for toys I'll check to see if your resolve fades by then. I'd be happy to help a fellow PA'er get their stuff.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I feel like there's a couple obvious choices for brand crossovers. You could do a Leonardo that turns into the Pizza Truck, for some reason in my mind they had already done this but I can't seem to find it.

The truck from Duel would make a pretty good decepticon.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I really want that Soundwave, but being that I haven't been to Walmart since March and our store never seems to get new stuff anyway, it's probably scalper or nothing.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Dammit, I didn’t realize those TF figures were going up on Walmart’s site

I was too busy getting an order in for their Black Series stuff

Mainly would have liked that Soundwave. “But you already have the MP.” Shutup me, need more robot tapedecks

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    edited July 2020
    Heffling wrote: »
    I really want that Soundwave, but being that I haven't been to Walmart since March and our store never seems to get new stuff anyway, it's probably scalper or nothing.

Yeah, I have not stepped one foot into my Walmart since I started stay-at-home back in March either. None of these toys have been enough for me to want to get out and visit a store in person. I have a Hotlink on pre-order from Walmart.com way back in February? Something like that and it has not been sent, even though my local stores have had sightings like crazy I didn't dare put myself in there. Even with the 2 pack for Earthrise Seekers have not been enough for me to go in a store.

We'll see once the numbers go down and stay down if I gather enough courage to go into a store. So far all I have gone were to Farmer's Markets and Sam's Club to get more bulk supplies that I didn't get at my local grocery store. Other than that it has been drive-up at Walmart and Target.

Edit: I haven't looked lately, but I wonder if the Soundwave has come back for pre-order. The Star Wars Black Series figures have come and gone for pre-order through the day.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Gotta say, it's annoying how shitty some retailers are at shipping. I ordered a Funko pop (I know I know) of Tom from Toonami from Gamestop and the box arrived mostly crushed. I was gonna take it out anyways but as someone who likes to keep boxes it hurt to toss it out.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    My order with Greasepit just shipped.

Gotta say, it's annoying how shitty some retailers are at shipping. I ordered a Funko pop (I know I know) of Tom from Toonami from Gamestop and the box arrived mostly crushed. I was gonna take it out anyways but as someone who likes to keep boxes it hurt to toss it out.

Yeah most of the mainstream retailers do not care about box conditions. Heck as far as they are concerned they are there to be a crush zone. Amazon is the best by shoving them into bubble mailers.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Hmm I may skip the Maverick preorder and just preorder the Decepticon Clones at Target.

I'm still trying to get the Target Seeker set, and hoping that they'll eventually stay in stock online. If not I'm good with the tetra set.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I somehow managed to order the Target Seeker set from their website the other day. I guess just got lucky with timing. I won’t actually believe it until I have it in my hands

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    I somehow managed to order the Target Seeker set from their website the other day. I guess just got lucky with timing. I won’t actually believe it until I have it in my hands

I read that restocks seem to be really early for West Coast or something like that. Hope you get your set!

oosik_betsuni.png
    Well the new Target exclusive GI Joe Classified wave preorders sold out in like 10 seconds online. Couldn’t even get through checkout before the system removed them from my cart

Fucking scalper bots. Just makes me so irrationally angry. Of course they’re all already on ebay for like $100+

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    edited July 2020
    Well the new Target exclusive GI Joe Classified wave preorders sold out in like 10 seconds online. Couldn’t even get through checkout before the system removed them from my cart

Fucking scalper bots. Just makes me so irrationally angry. Of course they’re all already on ebay for like $100+

It's reasons like this why a lottery system is better. Yeah, the bots still get some of them, but it's better than this whole just, dumping a hot ticket item like a flash in the pan. It happens with limited edition consoles too, I was lucky I was awake when they put up pre-orders for the Animal Crossing Switch, it's going for nearly triple online.

Local H Jay on
    I wish Hasbro would stop doing these store-specific limited releases. All it does is make it harder on their fans to collect the toys they want.

I don't think they'd be making some of the variants if stores weren't willing to pay for exclusives, is the thing though. It was one of the only things helping keep TRU alive when they were.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Or enjoy the Soundwave I already have. :)

I understand these are words but the order they're in doesn't make sense

So is this like the Transformer they posted today at 6AM EST as well? I heard they also sold out in seconds. Man, I hate bots and that people like us end up using bots as well to counter the bots.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Betsuni wrote: »

So is this like the Transformer they posted today at 6AM EST as well? I heard they also sold out in seconds. Man, I hate bots and that people like us end up using bots as well to counter the bots.

No clue, which TFs did I miss?

I guess maybe I should setup a bot? Is there something recommended for this?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    There's been some bullshit lately with Transformers.

Gigawatt's limited edition (only 1985 copies) was exclusive to Walmart's website, went up late and sold out instantly. (The regular version will be available on Hasbro pulse in October, so I'm not too put out)

Then Walmart got a bunch of Netflix Series figures, which included some major remolds like a VW Bug Bumblebee, a new Elite-1, and a Soundwave that turns into a tapedeck. I, personally, couldn't even find the right links before Soundwave sold out and I've seen many MANY people say their preorder for Elita-1 got canceled. (Check your preorders, people!)

Most recently was Studio Series 68 - Leadfoot which was exclusive to Target and sold out almost instantly as well.

Basically it's been a bit of a shitshow the last few weeks.

Yeah I know those, but Betsuni said, “ So is this like the Transformer they posted today at 6AM EST as well? ”

I wasn’t sure which were posted this morning. Maybe that Leadfoot? Thankfully I barely care about the movie figures

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    Yeah, sorry I had work. It was that Leadfoot.

The exclusives normally are a pain in the rear, which ticks me off. But it is even worse now that we're all at home. I swear more and more people are using bots or signing up for bot services to buy their stuff for them which leads to more hatred for those who just want one. I know that companies like Hasbro probably love exclusives since they sell out (and they probably get extra money from the companies like Walmart, Target, etc.) and people keep on supporting the scalpers by buying off of them. Then add in that the sellers themselves don't care (they care less if they sell the toy to someone who actually wants them or a scalper) and yeah we end up with what we have now. It sucks, and honestly I wish they all would just cut it out, but nobody is willing to budge all because of money.

Sorry just ranting here since all of this ends up making collecting toys more frustrating. Heck, don't get me into collecting Macross toys!!!

oosik_betsuni.png
    the bullshit thing is some of these aren't even minor varients or redecos or obscure characters. Leadfoot is literally figure #68 in the line. The only bumblebee released since Titan's Return is an exclusive.

It's bizarre, and make me really wonder what Hasbro's financials look like right now.

edited July 2020
    the bullshit thing is some of these aren't even minor varients or redecos or obscure characters. Leadfoot is literally figure #68 in the line. The only bumblebee released since Titan's Return is an exclusive.

It's bizarre, and make me really wonder what Hasbro's financials look like right now.

They're out in the open and probably honestly running on a thin line between bankruptcy and profit.

Edit: Yeah seriously this entire thing sucks. Wait till we hear the Comic Con exclusives go up and that fiasco.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    I really just wanted my Baroness waifu

Hopefully physical stores will get decent stock

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    I really just wanted my Baroness waifu

Hopefully physical stores will get decent stock

Dang I just saw there were Star Wars stuff too. Wow. Scalpers win....

Baroness? Oh man, she was always a bad lady.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I really want to buy some Smart Doll stuff (mostly a cool-ass jacket and a climbing harness) but even though I do actually have money, I refuse to purchase anything so expensive until I actually have a job. And I don't yet. I just hope that jacket doesn't go out of stock before I do.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    All the SDCC stuff being online this year seems stressful. I can see a few things I'd maybe like to pickup going live today but not sure if it's worth struggling with websites and card payments when everyone else is doing the same thing.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Is there a master list I can reference with all the SDCC stuff? I suspect I'm not actually interested in buying any of it, but I'm pretty sure I'm interested in ogling it.

Delduwath wrote: »
    Is there a master list I can reference with all the SDCC stuff? I suspect I'm not actually interested in buying any of it, but I'm pretty sure I'm interested in ogling it.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-coolest-san-diego-comic-con-collectibles-that-are-e-1844454894

Luckily I'm not into too much this year either, but I'm expecting the Funko site to crash later when I try to get a Surfboard Mikey. Not sure how much I actually care, tbh.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Thanks! I am happy to report that while I think a few of those are cool (that Barbisol can, mwah), I feel absolutely no desire to spend money on that stuff - I'm already too busy throwing my money into other bottomless holes.

Well that is a bummer. I would have liked the Hallmark Probe Droid, oh well. The X-Wing would also be neat, but doubt I'd even have a chance against bots/scalpers.

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited July 2020
    So I only recently got into Funko Pops because a friend of mine is really into them, and always goes looking for them when we go around together.

I made the mistake of trying to get a few exclusives off the site when it went live. Literally two minutes after it went live, I had the ones I wanted in my cart. It then proceeded to load infinitely for the next 45 minutes until my browser crashed. I was lucky enough to get in on my second phone (lol) and get the Mikey I wanted, but I lost out on the Invader Zim because of their terrible way of dropping them.

I still have a chance to get it off Hot Topic site tonight or in store tomorrow, but the whole thing has put an ugly taste in my mouth for how they sell these things. It's been fun to slowly pick out a few I like, but this time I felt rushed into making a choice on which I wanted and then couldn't even get all the ones I did like. I get the scarcity of it adds to the value of them, but yeah as someone who was just getting into Pops it's kinda lame. Seems like a weird business model where I'm trying to shove 60 dollars in their hands and they're like, oops sorry too slow you're only allowed to give us some money.

I'll probably have more fun if I focus less on exclusives and just pick up ones I see along the way instead of seeking them out

-looking at the reddit, I guess I got lucky with the ones I did manage to get. The whole site went offline before the hour was up. Maybe they'll do a second chance, but not likely

Local H Jay on
    Managed to snag one of the ones I couldn't get off the Funko site from Gamestop instead, the sparkly Mr. Freeze... I think I need to slow down with these things before I have to start buying shelves for them. This shit is like Pokemon shiny hunting IRL.

@Undead Scottsman @Heffling

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Action-Figure/717221883

GOGOGOGOGO!!! Not sure if they'll cancel it after you order, but Soundwave is back up.

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited July 2020
    Thanks for the heads up! I nearly missed it due to being distracted by the xbox presser.

EDIT: Weird, I got free shipping with the other two figures, but had to pay it with soundwave. It was only 2 bucks so no biggy, just weird.

Undead Scottsman on
    Out of Stock. Sadface.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Whelp, I know who I want my next doll to be.

8y7f53ova2z5.jpg

I reallllly hope I have a job by the time she goes for pre-order.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    Fuck I want that gd Soundwave

Speaking of Soundwave, threezero’s deluxe figure of the Bumblebee movie version looks rad, but a non-transforming Transformer still just hurts me... but it’s a cool version of Soundwave...

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
This discussion has been closed.