As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Take some [photos] and show me them

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »

I know exactly where this is and I have also taken a picture of that wall tree and it's weird to see this on the forums THE STREAMS ARE CROSSING

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Git yerself in here, Stalker.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Also I went for a hike the other day

jwjau9o51ced.jpg

wvzgy55kn1b8.jpg

spoilered for vertical
    jl9gy8njmvlr.jpg

Juggernut on
  • djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    On the weekend my wife and I rode the Highwood Pass; it's a road that's closed to motorised traffic in winter for wildlife protection, but it's still open to cyclists/walkers as long as you can make it through whatever snow might be there. The top of it is the highest paved road in Canada, so it's a fair bit of climbing, but the views are pretty great:

AlaHxDh.jpg
    CiXHEFb.jpg
    vRz7IaU.jpg

It is pretty hard on the legs, though:
    zR2O3KI.jpg

Also a little critter came along while we were having lunch; when he got nothing from us, he went over to investigate the bikes. I think they're a bit large for him:

vfQzRc2.jpg

They didn't seem to be tasty, either:
    98Jh8Mh.jpg

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Took a good train track jaunt, found a lovely lake

obDLV3a.jpg

And a lovely Snake Jesus

bRpXVA4.jpg

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Had a small outdoor get together with my immediate family for Fathers Day at the cabin my dad is building. It was a perfect day out here.

d52pzztd0gno.jpg
    4uaro5ijlokw.jpg
    kc6vwe6ri2zb.jpg

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Nasty sea breeze yesterday, and the usual fog in the west, but otherwise it was a gorgeous weekend here also

c84o59x52r4y.jpg

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Been working the backlog.

I hear people like boats? I have boats.

ZPi4Vy8.jpg

tdk72uN.jpg

taXzeoK.jpg

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    It's day lily season again.

WosatSP.jpg

0foBc7s.jpg

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Beach panoramas that remind me of Summer even though it's fucking freezing now and bucketing with rain outside:

AUiAVcd.jpg

hz5PhSf.jpg

DTGCfFZ.jpg

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Usually at this time of year there's the Calgary Stampede, a big outdoor rodeo/fairground/look-at-farm-animals sort of thing. This year, for obvious reasons, they're not running the actual event, but they did do the opening fireworks anyway, people just watched from further off:

PgOxhcF.jpg
    LuAAHyZ.jpg
    or8fxPN.jpg
    e7T0sAm.jpg

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Anyone else excited for the Canon event at 8AM EST? I'm looking real hard at an EOS R6, but I guess I'm a little apprehensive about hardware shortages due to recent manufacturing difficulties. I really want to switch to mirrorless though and keep my Canon lenses - I currently just have a Rebel T6. I really liked my friend's Sony a7iii though which is why I wanted to move to a more modern camera.
    My less responsible instinct says I could probably do an R5 if necessary........but then we're wandering into the realm of buying something so expensive that I'm too afraid to carry around because it might accidentally get damaged or something.

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    I also dream of getting a mirrorless camera. Someday...

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Anyone else excited for the Canon event at 8AM EST? I'm looking real hard at an EOS R6, but I guess I'm a little apprehensive about hardware shortages due to recent manufacturing difficulties. I really want to switch to mirrorless though and keep my Canon lenses - I currently just have a Rebel T6. I really liked my friend's Sony a7iii though which is why I wanted to move to a more modern camera.
    My less responsible instinct says I could probably do an R5 if necessary........but then we're wandering into the realm of buying something so expensive that I'm too afraid to carry around because it might accidentally get damaged or something.

I didn't realize there was announcement event coming, but I just recently got back into hobby-grade photography and have been itching for a mid-to-upper-level camera upgrade. Not sure if I can justify the absolute top end just yet, but I've been looking at least at the Canon 6D or something around there. I already have a decent amount of Canon glass so I'd probably stick with that, but the Sony stuff seems like a solid option too. But damn what an expensive hobby...

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Walking home from work guess what flew past me
    s8za4b4njbrq.png
    The one of the kestrel hawks!

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I'm thinking about getting up really early tomorrow morning and driving out into the desert, maybe to the Mojave, CA area, to try and photograph comet NEOWISE. I don't think I really have a great lens for my Canon EOS M50 to capture it in great detail (I've got the 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 stabilized kit lens, and the 22mm f/2), but given that it should be nicely visible to the naked eye I should still be able to turn out some serviceable pictures.

jgeis on
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    25nvvw2hh2c6.png

0% chance of rain, 10:55 AM

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Fucking 5 goddamn G bullshit

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Fucking 5 goddamn G bullshit

You get the 'rona?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Beautiful day out

IMG-20200712-112745.jpg

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    A big hunk of petrified wood my wife pulled out of the creek on a walk yesterday. You can even see the rings!

evo4j12g3zw2.jpg

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    tynic wrote: »
    what a find!

Yea, she had to go back to the house and get a shovel. :P

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    761njcp8tgu8.jpg

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    fog and pine forests, love to see it

BahamutZERO.gif
    That was on Mt. Walker, I think

I do love the PNW.

We're going back out to Hood Canal for a few days second week of August. Also hoky butts, Hood Canal is technically a fjord?!

That was supposed to be holy butts, but it works

0ogho850fmv1.jpg
    k4lkqotb40zb.jpg
    wuvr3kk0s5ep.jpg

fuck I love misty forests

BahamutZERO.gif
    fuck I love misty forests

I'll get you one more, one sec, gotta resize it!

5wyz5rdgjwdi.jpg

btw the side of that road was a nearly vertical drop into nothingness

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    wag4uZ5.jpg
    1cIj6rr.jpg
    mountains pretty

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    that they are

BahamutZERO.gif
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    The photos I took tonight will need to be cropped and cleaned up in Photoshop for maximum effect (it was hot, windy, and I'm in the greater LA metro area so light pollution is a thing despite my best efforts), but I think some of them turned out pretty solid, here's a preview (click through for full-res, plz, it looks a lot better than the preview link):

IMG-0373edit.jpg

jgeis on