As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Eldritch Horror PbP - Game Over - Yog-Sothoth Victory] Travel the world, go insane.

• ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    None of the monsters trigger. A new gate opens in Tokyo, with a Mi-go

Once we know the results of player rolls and spending I'll get the new board and mystery for you.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Since I have to roll for Dark Pact, let me spend one instead so Phyphor keeps one.

Geth, roll 1d6 for Dark Pact

Dark Pact:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Geth roll 1d6t3 for Blessed
    Geth roll 1d6t4 for Aliens Built The Pyramids

Well, now I feel dumb.

Blessed:
    1d6t3 0 [1d6t3=2]
    Aliens Built The Pyramids:
    1d6t4 0 [1d6t4=2]

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

The bishop based blessing was short lived, and jdarksun and Phyphor each spend a clue to counter the Mystery loss.

The new mystery is:
    4benxw9tei7i.png

Solve this mystery before doom hits 0 and you win, otherwise you'll have to solve it and fight Yog-Sothoth.

board:
    fpsi5upj6ksr.jpg

Ancient One:
    pwg6lm1mhff9.jpg

@jdarksun (Dark Pact!):
    ia6zrq93b57e.jpg

@Phyphor (Lead Investigator):
    x1pdh338gob0.jpg

@Daemonis :
    6t28dbsm9e8r.jpg

@Auralynx :
    f4b309g4uh0y.jpg

Round 13 start!

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    So since we have no spells we're just screwed right?

well... we have one? yeah we're screwed unless we can magically get all these gates closed. if we can get 'em closed and keep them closed, we can farm spells.

soo...

1) Prepare to travel
    2) Travel to Arkham -> (ticket) London -> (ticket) Rome

Success looks unlikely. You've got 4 turns at best to solve the mystery, which isn't impossible, but you also need doom to not advance at all.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    1. Attempt to recover my Hired Muscle
    2. Go to Tokyo and punch a fungus from Yuggoth / try to get to the gate.

Geth roll 3d6t5 for Ally Recovery

Ally Recovery:
    3d6t5 1 [3d6t5=4, 3, 5]

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    1. Rest
    2. Aquire assets
    Geth roll 3d6t5 for assets

assets:
    3d6t5 0 [3d6t5=2, 4, 3]

Meh. City encounter.

Move to SF, prepare to travel, rail

Alright, encounter time.

@Phyphor to fight a Warlock, Skeleton, and Ghoul in any order.

@Daemonis to deal with corrupt cops.
    5o7yqmo4otpl.png

@Auralynx to fight a Mi-go

@jdarksun to climb out of the Abyss.
    oa0l9r73gt1o.png

@Chrysis ... I think I read this things stat-block wrong when I made this plan. Needs 3 hits?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

3 Hits to kill, 2 to avoid any damage.

@auralynx you could try your spell to avoid it and go straight to the gate.

Oh whoops there's monsters there, that was a mistake
    Warlock
    Geth roll 4d6t5 for will
    Geth roll 1d6t5 for strength

will:
    4d6t5 1 [4d6t5=5, 1, 2, 4]
    strength:
    1d6t5 1 [1d6t5=6]

Hmm, have to think about if I should discard the skeleton or ghoul

Geth roll 3d6t5 for cops

cops:
    3d6t5 1 [3d6t5=6, 4, 4]

edited July 2020
    Geth, roll 2d6 for Mists

Geth, roll 3d6 for Horror

Geth, roll 2d6 for Fight

Geth, roll 1d6 for Potential HM reroll

No Mists but it looks like I put up enough of a fight not to get abducted to Pluto.

Mists:
    2d6 3 [2d6=2, 1]
    Horror:
    3d6 13 [3d6=6, 1, 6]
    Fight:
    2d6 8 [2d6=5, 3]
    Potential HM reroll:
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

Okay right the Ghoul is next
    Geth roll 5d6t5 for will
    Geth roll 2d6t5 for strength

will:
    5d6t5 3 [5d6t5=4, 6, 5, 2, 6]
    strength:
    2d6t5 1 [2d6t5=5, 1]

Discard clue + will damage to discard the skeleton

@Phyphor fights valiantly, defeating the warlock and ghoul in single combat, and tricking the skeleton into getting sucked into the gate. The ghoul fights back, however, inflicting one health damage and causing Norman to become Paranoid.
    pk9sas75sjmv.png

Norman then starts causing time paradoxes.
    lfqf1kmdefda.png

@Daemonis deals with the cops, who point him to a location in Russia for clues. (Clue spawns in space 19, north of Tokyo)

@Auralynx casts Mists, but something goes wrong.
    ykp3wvwhsywb.png

He and his Hired Muscle then wrestle the Mi-Go, doing it serious damage but not enough to kill.

@jdarksun has what is known as a bad day, breaking his leg among other things.
    k2zd72wcp3q3.png

Geth roll 1d6t5 for failure

failure:
    1d6t5 1 [1d6t5=5]

Oh I guess I am just lucky in this game

I think a turn might be more precious?

I mean, I guess I go ahead and start hallucinating since we need the spell for the objective?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited July 2020
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Oh I guess I am just lucky in this game

I think a turn might be more precious?

I would agree that a turn at this point is more valuable than 2 clues, especially to the guy who can just use sanity instead. So no delay, and @auralynx starts to hallucinate.
    o6kzvp3hnssp.png

So Mythos time.
    ibo4a683j6sw.png

Omen advances to Blue, causing Doom to advance by 2 due to the gates in Tokyo and Buenos Aires.
    Yog-Sothoth Awakens.
    7xxtxt9js7s9.png

So now you have to solve the current mystery involving spells and gates, and then take on Yog directly. Things don't look good.
    Especially given Reckoning has just triggered.

geth roll 1d6 for snakes.

Snakes rest.

Yog-Sothoth gets hungry, devouring the gate that @jdarksun is standing on. @Auralynx to decide between keeping the spell or the gate.
    Then all your rolls.

@Phyphor to test Will (4 dice) to avoid Paranoia.
    @Daemonis is actually OK.
    @Auralynx to roll for Conspiracy Theorist and test will (3 dice) to avoid Hallucinations.
    @jdarksun to roll for Dark Pact! and test Strength (2 dice) to avoid the Leg Injury.

This doesn't look good, but then that's Eldritch Horror for you.

snakes:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

Chrysis on
    Geth, roll 1d6 for Dark Pact
    Geth, roll 2d6t5 for Strength

Dark Pact:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]
    Strength:
    2d6t5 1 [2d6t5=4, 5]

Geth roll 1d6t4 for Conspiracy!

Geth roll 3d6t5 for Whoa Man The Universe Is Amazing

Throw the spell, keep the gate out.

Conspiracy!:
    1d6t4 0 [1d6t4=3]
    Whoa Man The Universe Is Amazing:
    3d6t5 0 [3d6t5=4, 1, 3]

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Geth roll 4d6t5

4d6t5 1 [4d6t5=1, 5, 1, 4]

edited July 2020
    @Auralynx the bugs! The bugs are everywhere!
    zo70zlnlprm5.png
    Down to 1 sanity remaining.

That's all the reckoning effects, so a gate spawns in Istanbul accompanied by a cultist.

Then the nightmares start, which is appropriate given the Old God is awake.
    As no one has any clues to spend, everyone takes 2 sanity and gains a madness.
    @Phyphor becomes double paranoid.
    @Daemonis has amnesia.
    Leo has gone insane, and @Auralynx is unfortunately eliminated due to the god being awake. Doom would advance, but it's already capped so another gate goes on Yog.
    @jdarksun becomes paranoid as well.

So that's a thing that happened. If anyone would like to collect Leo's things, the Conspiracy Theorist and Hired Muscle are watching over Leo wherever he might be in Tokyo.

Updates:

Board:
    641ktealnutk.jpg

Ancient One:
    8u0f63nror1s.jpg

@jdarksun (Dark Pact, Paranoia, Leg Injury):
    jv4xzetamxez.jpg

@Phyphor (Lead Investigator, Paranoia x2):
    tlhn78bd6orz.jpg

@Daemonis (Amnesia):
    4879iklci0kq.jpg

@Auralynx (Eliminated):
    hfrjzov0ihui.jpg

Chrysis on
    I suspect this is the last turn. Any more Doom, and Yog eats the world. You're down an Investigator in addition. Hopefully you can go out with a bang. Good luck!

I mean, I don't think there's a lot we can do. We need six spells, we have zero. Best case it's three turns to farm the spells and close the gates.

If we want to play it out to the gory end,

1. Prepare to travel,
    2. Travel to Arkham

Four spells, I think. For the mystery. But yeah, that'll take time and doom can't afford any advances at all, which seems highly unlikely.

@jdarksun @Phyphor @Daemonis @Auralynx Do you want to call it here, or play out the (probably) last turn?

I think we're good to call it, not that I have a lot to do in either case. Poor Leo.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth.
    Call it, I think

Thanks for the game!

Alright, consider it called then.

@jdarksun @Phyphor @Daemonis @Auralynx Any comments? Things I did well, or things that needed fixing? I'm probably going to start a new game, either this again, Death May Die, or Nemesis, so anything to make the next game better would be appreciated.