As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Finale] The Legend of the Galactic [Phalla]

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Yeah, I don't love seer reveals that occur after the relevant death is definitely assured. I would just like to note carefully here that premium is definitely not confirmed, given our information so far. The second plausible explanation for the post-voteclose reveal is that this is a last-ditch mafia gambit.

I actually think this is a reasonably good context for such a gambit, as there might be multiple seers and that would mean other seers might not take a seer-reveal as obviously meaning mafia.

At the same time, I don't actually think premium is mafia, given other arguments I've made so far about his posting patterns. I just want to make clear that what he's done here does not confirm him.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't love seer reveals that occur after the relevant death is definitely assured. I would just like to note carefully here that premium is definitely not confirmed, given our information so far. The second plausible explanation for the post-voteclose reveal is that this is a last-ditch mafia gambit.

I actually think this is a reasonably good context for such a gambit, as there might be multiple seers and that would mean other seers might not take a seer-reveal as obviously meaning mafia.

At the same time, I don't actually think premium is mafia, given other arguments I've made so far about his posting patterns. I just want to make clear that what he's done here does not confirm him.

Premium never claimed he was a seer just that Kime was seered as mafia. He may not be the seer he could have contact with the seer and posted after vote (like I've seen in other phallas) to ensure that mafia didn't kill him off that night. At least now there's time to attempt to find a gaurd to save himself.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    Or he could've been poking fun at Kime cause "Kime is always mafia"

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    I certainly interpreted premium as trying to establish himself as a network contact by showing that he knew kime was mafia before it was revealed in the narration, and my point is merely that there's another way for premium to have obtained that information, and so we should not take him for confirmed not-mafia.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    The super fast turn on kime yesterday definitely speaks to a network connected to a seer. Looking at the voting treads it's pretty clear from D2 that Premium was leading the way for their network so atleast, it lines up.

Now, Premium is by no means confirmed, a person claiming seer in a network kind of has to be treated as honest, otherwise they are vote meat the next day. Even if one of the other members is mafia they have to play as if they aren't. Pretty clear Mrpaku was likely in that network (based on voting patterns) so their death last night might mean there is a wolf in that coop, or they made the (apparently correct) guess that a seer was in Premiums network.

On the whole though, I'd say this makes Premium much more likely village than not, they didn't have to put themselves front and center.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular

I actually think this is a reasonably good context 2for such a gambit, as there might be multiple seers and that would mean other seers might not take a seer-reveal as obviously meaning mafia.

Fair point but it misses the context of me also pushing the kime vote both publicly and privately (go look at the timing on how that vote went down). Given how late in the day it was I simply decided that it was probable a guard might not check the thread in time to switch to me, so I took a safer play.

We have several other specials in play on both sides of the faction conflict. Some haven't talked to me yet. It's in their best interest to get in touch with me because frankly it's just dumb luck that a vig hasn't taken out their own guard or something yet.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Since someone asked, potential homework(?) for the weekend:
    https://vrv.co/series/G64PMGZZR/Legend-of-the-Galactic-Heroes

The entire series is legitimately available there.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Bluecyan so I don't forget. Day 1 and 3 votes are throwaways, and on Day 2 he was the 2nd person on the Premium bandwagon (votes 15-20) and 3rd after me. He's also much quieter this game, although that could be due to just not being a special this time.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Can I actually legitimately throw a vote on Wildcat? I know I'm not really one to speak in this game but they've been exceptionally quiet and very notably avoided voting for kime yesterday.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Wildcat also has only voted Burnage and premium, so no votes for a mafia when we’ve had two days of a wagon that has voted a mafia out.

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    Bluecyan so I don't forget. Day 1 and 3 votes are throwaways, and on Day 2 he was the 2nd person on the Premium bandwagon (votes 15-20) and 3rd after me. He's also much quieter this game, although that could be due to just not being a special this time.

Hi pot, I'm kettle, how were your votes D1 and D3? I certainly feel better about trying to vote out someone in the Kime network than Premium's yesterday.

However, there was only a few people that tried to add onto competing wagon after whatever seer call went out. JayKaos, Wildcat, SegaTai (technically right before). I'd probably toss out JayKaos from consideration since they voted D1 and early for Gizzy, I've given my rationale for SegaTai before but since we have some wagoning forming think I'll support Wildcat. I think it is likely the mafia held their votes towards the end with Kime being in the running since earlier in the day (see Jdark voting Kime with not much time to spare) the only difference with Wildcat and Jdark was several new votes on kime making them the clear favorite.

As far as speculation goes, I think the Terrarists may have a list of who is in which faction. At the very least Gizzy knew JPants faction before it was offered, I would guess that Kime and Jdark probably also cold PMed people with accurate role info too. One thing that jumps out in Jdarks vote history:
    jdarksun wrote: »
    OK, I'm not dead yet so let's talk strategy. Since this is a faction game, the vote record becomes both more valuable and a double-edged sword: if you're soft networking, especially with the intent of lying about your faction, you have to vote along claimed lines or you eventually give away your faction.

That should be obvious, but I'm outright stating it in case you hadn't considered it.

This was D2 and seems rather early for extensive networks to be out there, and certainly too early for anyone to have a good idea who was in which faction. I have a feeling this was directed a certain person or at the least to sow seeds of discontent in the faction networks.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I'd feel bad voting for someone just 'cause they didn't seem to be in on whatever networking has gone on, and that looks like the only thing Wildcat's done that's suspicious. So I'ma say Bluecyan for now.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Bluecyan wrote: »

Hi pot, I'm kettle, how were your votes D1 and D3? I certainly feel better about trying to vote out someone in the Kime network than Premium's yesterday.

However, there was only a few people that tried to add onto competing wagon after whatever seer call went out. JayKaos, Wildcat, SegaTai (technically right before). I'd probably toss out JayKaos from consideration since they voted D1 and early for Gizzy, I've given my rationale for SegaTai before but since we have some wagoning forming think I'll support Wildcat. I think it is likely the mafia held their votes towards the end with Kime being in the running since earlier in the day (see Jdark voting Kime with not much time to spare) the only difference with Wildcat and Jdark was several new votes on kime making them the clear favorite.

As far as speculation goes, I think the Terrarists may have a list of who is in which faction. At the very least Gizzy knew JPants faction before it was offered, I would guess that Kime and Jdark probably also cold PMed people with accurate role info too. One thing that jumps out in Jdarks vote history:
    OK, I'm not dead yet so let's talk strategy. Since this is a faction game, the vote record becomes both more valuable and a double-edged sword: if you're soft networking, especially with the intent of lying about your faction, you have to vote along claimed lines or you eventually give away your faction.

That should be obvious, but I'm outright stating it in case you hadn't considered it.

This was D2 and seems rather early for extensive networks to be out there, and certainly too early for anyone to have a good idea who was in which faction. I have a feeling this was directed a certain person or at the least to sow seeds of discontent in the faction networks.

Gizzy knew JPants faction? can you say more?

• Options
    I thought I'd been following reasonably closely this game, but I didn't catch that, and if it's true, it's enormously helpful for hunting mafia.

• Options

Gizzy knew JPants faction? can you say more?

I’ll try to go find the post but that was JPant’s defense for his vote on Day 1. Gizzy said she was the same faction as him.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Gizzy gave her "faction" before Jpants. Since she was mafia though this may have been a lucky guess or maybe was accurate. Was curious if kime or Jdark tried similar strategies with their networks.

Bluecyan on
  • Options
    Kime and jdark had both claimed a faction to me privately when I asked them. Not sure how useful that knowledge actually is though

• Options
    JDarksun also claimed a faction to me

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Presumably they claimed your faction and you don’t want to say that because you don’t want your faction known?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited July 2020
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Presumably they claimed your faction and you don’t want to say that because you don’t want your faction known?

This is possible though they could have claimed any faction, with whoever they were in contact with, if they already knew what faction everyone was in.

MamaWolf on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i wouldn't feel particularly bad going for bluecyan or wildcat.
    i don't have any strong feelings one way or the other.

bluecyan.

• Options
    MamaWolf wrote: »

This is possible though they could have claimed any faction, with whoever they were in contact with, if they already knew what faction everyone was in.

Doesn't seem to be the case, but some people were contacted by one mafia with a dissimilar faction claim, to then be contacted later that day by another with the same. So unlikely they had a list of who was in which faction, but likely shared info to get an ear in the major networks.

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Wildcat was already on my suspicious list.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    MamaWolf wrote: »

Doesn't seem to be the case, but some people were contacted by one mafia with a dissimilar faction claim, to then be contacted later that day by another with the same. So unlikely they had a list of who was in which faction, but likely shared info to get an ear in the major networks.

has anyone been contacted by a mafia who claimed a faction that was wasn't the faction the contacted person was? (that's confusing. did a [now dead] mafia contact you? did they claim to be the other faction, not you faction? yell in thread!)

• Options
    honestly, if a now dead mafia contacted you, maybe yell in thread with what they said regardless.

• Options
    Mafia 1 PMs villager, asks for faction exchange info. Factions differ. Later that day Mafia 2 PMs with faction exchange request. They are the same faction.

For the record, it wasn't me.
    honestly, if a now dead mafia contacted you, maybe yell in thread with what they said regardless.

That could well still be a bad idea since it's still a faction game.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Wildcat because I don't like the counter wagon forming on Bluecyan.

• Options
    Ugh. I don't like either wagon, but unless there is a better option *sigh*

wildcat

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I thought I'd been following reasonably closely this game, but I didn't catch that, and if it's true, it's enormously helpful for hunting mafia.

This vote reads Mafia to me.

Invictus

Do we have a vote count?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Meant post, typed vote

• Options
    Wildcat 6
    Bluecyan 2
    Invictus 1

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    You're wrong, just so you know.

• Options
    Wildcat wrote: »
    You're wrong, just so you know.

When have I let that stop me in the past!

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    !AustinP0027.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    wildcat because I don't think anything is going to change tonight, but fine with any of the current vote targets

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I'm still suspicious ofJayKaos

• Options
    wildcat looks like they're eating the vote no matter what now, and i don't want to be inactive

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Vote closed.

Results pending.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Day 5 - The Fall of the Rose

4002.png

Even in times of war, every so often, there is a respite from hostilities, and the galaxy finds a small gap of peace.

This was one such day, though the Alliance in particular paid dearly for letting their guard down.

The head officer of the Rosenritters, Burnage, was caught in a rare moment of inattentiveness, and it cost him his life.

Unfortunately, the will of the people had no knowledge of whom the culprit was, though they had assumed the traitor in the mist of the Alliance was Wildcat.

Sadly, they were mistaken, and the tide of the war turned in a direction few could have foreseen.

The Results

Wildcat, Alliance Republican, executed by popular vote
    Burnage, Alliance Vigilante, assassinated by the Church of Terra

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    well, this was a complete disaster... time to get to work.

as Yang Wen-Li, seer and commander of the alliance forces, i urge all living Alliance members to please contact me.

the mafia have a standing invitation to contact me as well. we can give you a list of potential imperial specials.