As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Throw Santa in the Maw for Secret Shamblers [SE++ WoW]

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    the BMAH is selling the guldan rare drop mount (as differentiated from the guldan mythic mount drop) for 300k starting price

and i was like that's a rip off that mount will be super easy to farm come shadowlands

well work is boring and my DK has the skip for normal and heroic already, let me just go and kill guldan for the fuck of it

got the mount on the first kill, and also what i think is a max TF draught of souls out of normal. i don't think i ever got a draught when NH was current content

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Gulden heroic is super easy now. Mythic would be if it didn’t have one of those fuck off mechanics. I heard if you actually got that teleport essence the damage it does at the end can kill the things that destroy you on the illidan phase.

actually it was insanely hard, one of the most epic showdowns in wow history

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Wow in that case zay is so cool

BahamutZERO.gif
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Did a +15 this past week. Opened my chest today and I got that Seabreeze staff. The one with no secondaries and a haste proc that everything and everyone says is garbage. So that's fun.

I enjoyed the haste proc on my Druid. It is roughly the same as the amount of secondaries you would get, just in bursts. If the ilvl is an improvement I think it’s worth using.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    3 x severe 3
    1x severe 2
    1 td 3

Now just waiting 2 weeks for severe to be on vendor again to get 2 more 3s

steam_sig.png
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Did a +15 this past week. Opened my chest today and I got that Seabreeze staff. The one with no secondaries and a haste proc that everything and everyone says is garbage. So that's fun.

i've gotten boots three weeks in a row at 475 plus boots from three of my Good Drops last week so I feel you

• Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    I just want a fucking 475 shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiield but all I get are pants and belts.

I just want a fucking 475 shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiield but all I get are pants and belts.

Well at least they are thoughtful.

steam_sig.png
    I got a 470 shield, but I don't think it's better then the one I have because stats.

I got gloves from my 5 mask for the 5th week in a row.

In fact I think the grand total of gloves ilvl 465 and higher is like 15 at this point.

• SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »

i've gotten boots three weeks in a row at 475 plus boots from three of my Good Drops last week so I feel you

Meanwhile I cannot get boots to save my life and have been stuck with a 460 pair for months.

borb_sig.png
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    q7luuxodi5kd.png

special shout out to the MANY pugs who thought they were inviting a BM Hunter to their group and were met with a pleasant surprise when they asked for lust on boss 2 :)

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Managed to spot a normal Dazar'Alor pug going for the first time in a while and really lucked out in getting the rest of this transmog set.

I have been itching to get this completed for a long time now.

mZT8t2w.png

Dys on
    is shadowlanders bringing back class sets?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I believe the answer was yes but not for the first raid tier

7yh4xczljsym.png
    edited July 2020
    was there tier in emerald nightmare, I don't remember
    e: no but there were non-tier items using the tier set models from the next raid
    there were tier sets in the ogre city raid in warlords right?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    e: no but there were non-tier items using the tier set models from the next raid

The WoD ogre raid had no sets, but armor from it did for a theme. Iirc, MoP vaults was the same thing.

steam_sig.png
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    yeah highmaul had some of the non class specific lookalike pieces for transmog purposes but did not have a tier set

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Highmauls still one of my top tier raids

icGJy2C.png
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I really liked Battle of Dazar'alor

it had variety

Smrtnik wrote: »

The WoD ogre raid had no sets, but armor from it did for a theme. Iirc, MoP vaults was the same thing.

The highmaul armor isn't its own thing, it is all off-colors or lookalikes of the first tier.

ok so no tier sets in the first raid is more or less business as usual

BahamutZERO.gif
    it seems like they actually tried to make the first raid set look good this time though, as opposed to uldir

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    So how many people got beta access?

Unless it happened this morning, not me sadly. It feels like its a small number, and if other internet sources are to be believed its a lot of streamers and people who had Alpha

They haven’t said a word about it though. This must not be a real wave yet.

I know lots of testers were fiending for more people to be invited to actually be able to test. Don’t think they will be happy with a super small number of new testers. Especially since there will easily be a non zero number of people who log in briefly and then leave without doing anything.

Yeah it's weird, Wowhead just suddenly changed everything from alpha to beta without confirming any invites have gone out. Wasn't sure if I missed it or if it was a quiet soft transition with public invites still to come.

Yeah usually on Twitter and Reddit and all the social medias you see a ton of people posting about getting into the Beta. This time, I've seen 2. Asmongold is sitting in Mechagon and not in the Beta and hes a big WoW streamer

Not only that, but the news in general has dried up completely. You would think going from alpha to beta would be a huge extravaganza since it was the primary announcement from the stream.

But it just seems so.... quiet. Like it was just another small alpha update.

Watching streamers who play a warrior, looks like I love the Necolords armor and mount and oh hey they have an amazing set of abilities.

someone i play ff14 with got a beta invite but that's all i've seen

i actually thought beta invites hadn't gone out it's been so quiet

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    I know someone who got an invite as well, they were streaming it earlier today

BahamutZERO.gif
    So I guess something worth considering when SLands comes out, is that if set bonuses are coming back, it might not be the optimal play to target your legendary that goes into one of those 5 slots, unless you're sure you can get 4/4 of your set bonus without gloves easily and that legendary effect if worth having shitty secondaries or whatever.

But of course since this is coming from me, it's probably stupid.

Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    So I guess something worth considering when SLands comes out, is that if set bonuses are coming back, it might not be the optimal play to target your legendary that goes into one of those 5 slots, unless you're sure you can get 4/4 of your set bonus without gloves easily and that legendary effect if worth having shitty secondaries or whatever.

But of course since this is coming from me, it's probably stupid.

No, that's probably a good idea.

Truth be told, I'm mildly curious about how set bonuses are going to stack up against the sheer stats of M+ gear seeing as we don't do mythic raids.

Although the transmog set you assemble by building loads of legendaries looks phenomenal for every armor type.

So hopefully we'll be able to make enough legendaries such that it just comes down to whatever you can wear with the best other gear you have.

tier bonuses absolutely WAY outweighed the value of getting higher ilevel stuff from m+ in legion

the first raid won't have tier so you're also looking at probably 4-5 months before the 2nd raid might open when deciding what legendary to make

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Zay wrote: »
    tier bonuses absolutely WAY outweighed the value of getting higher ilevel stuff from m+ in legion

the first raid won't have tier so you're also looking at probably 4-5 months before the 2nd raid might open when deciding what legendary to make

Yeah it's possible by then you'd have already been able to make 3 or 4 legendaries or whatever so it doesn't matter, and also possible that different legendaries are better or worse for different fights, etc.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I suspect set bonuses will not return in the same way. I think the days of collect a 4-piece set bonus out of 5

Based on the wording I also don't think that tier bonuses won't become a thing again until well into release; months at least. People will have a lot of legendaries by then