As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Finale] The Legend of the Galactic [Phalla]

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    also, while i'm here, premium as a placeholder.

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Well that was something.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Faction game time already?!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Alliance has lost 6 members; Imperial's have lost 4 and 3 church members - feels a little early to be revealing as a seer and courting mafia

PSN SeGaTai
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Also the Mafia working with either faction would just lead to that factions win. The Mafia really benefit from the confusion created by the faction war.

this dramatic betrayal of the imperials may have been a bit premature, it's true.

it all sort of hinges on whether there's 1 mafia left (we both MUST work together, or perish) or 3 mafia (they're basically in amazing shape).
    2 and a neutral would be... strange, without a claim by day 5.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    28 total people so probably 5 mafia right?

3 dead, 2 alive?

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    The Alliance just lost their Vig, and I think Lucedes is panicking.

you'd panick too if all you had was the vote in a faction game!

don't vote for premium.

is an Obifett vote palatable to the imperials, or am i the only choice?

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I can get behind an Obifett vote.

i was wrong, premium

they started with five or six mafia

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    My personal opinion?

We don't kill each other until the Mafia are gone. And seers are too important to lose until all the mafia are gone.

So, I'd recommend whoever is the speaker for the Empire to get in touch with Lucedes and see about protecting them (because lol they just put a giant target on their back). And then coordinate efforts to root out the mafia together.

Once we are mafia free, then maybe we go full faction.

Lucedes wrote: »
    this dramatic betrayal of the imperials may have been a bit premature, it's true.

it all sort of hinges on whether there's 1 mafia left (we both MUST work together, or perish) or 3 mafia (they're basically in amazing shape).
    2 and a neutral would be... strange, without a claim by day 5.

This is such a mess. Why do you think the mafia are going to tell you anything other than there is one of them, so they can work with you?

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Yeah, obviously going to ignore the whole "it's faction time!". Not sure what Lucedes plan is by trying to kill a less important galactic, like that's cool.

In actual mafia hunting theories. Invictus you've been pretty quiet with a bunch of posts simply asking for more info on others opinions and then jumping in late to whatever the current winning band wagon is for Days 2 and 3. Yesterday despite several posts you failed to vote.

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Yeah, obviously going to ignore the whole "it's faction time!". Not sure what Lucedes plan is by trying to kill a less important galactic, like that's cool.

In actual mafia hunting theories. Invictus you've been pretty quiet with a bunch of posts simply asking for more info on others opinions and then jumping in late to whatever the current winning band wagon is for Days 2 and 3. Yesterday despite several posts you failed to vote.

Yup, I unexpectedly missed the few hours before vote close, which is when I have usually spent time on this. Unless I am explicitly grudge-voting (as in day 1) I like to have some kind of specific reason for voting, which I usually need to have some time to figure out, and then I fell asleep for four hours three hours before vote close yesterday.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    ObiFett. I’m exhausted and unable to think all that much, but Obi just seems... off to me. I wish I had more to go on.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    ObiFett wrote: »
    My personal opinion?

We don't kill each other until the Mafia are gone. And seers are too important to lose until all the mafia are gone.

So, I'd recommend whoever is the speaker for the Empire to get in touch with Lucedes and see about protecting them (because lol they just put a giant target on their back). And then coordinate efforts to root out the mafia together.

I’m not that dumb. The math is BAD for the Alliance; without mafia help, we lose, since the imperials have a confirmed seer, a vig, and time to expand their network.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I can get back on Invictus I guess.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

JaysonFour wrote: »
    ObiFett. I’m exhausted and unable to think all that much, but Obi just seems... off to me. I wish I had more to go on.

Whenever someone thinks I'm off, I end up village. So...

Invictus was my vote yesterday and nothing has changed, imo.

Lucedes wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    My personal opinion?

I’m not that dumb. The math is BAD for the Alliance; without mafia help, we lose, since the imperials have a confirmed seer, a vig, and time to expand their network.

Accepting help to stay alive so we can root out the mafia is "dumb"? How?

Invictus because I got a weird feeling about giving information and then all of a sudden claiming they aren't paying enough attention to it. Just sounds like mafia trying to cover up to me.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    Had a bunch of information to defend players, but "didn't see" important information about Gizzy claiming JPants faction. That's what I mean

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Had a bunch of information to defend players, but "didn't see" important information about Gizzy claiming JPants faction. That's what I mean

Well, death posts shouldn't contain game info, but obviously I agree with the conclusion. Though in Gizzy's defense, it wasn't info till Jpants revealed more.

Bluecyan wrote: »

Well, death posts shouldn't contain game info, but obviously I agree with the conclusion. Though in Gizzy's defense, it wasn't info till Jpants revealed more.

No, JPants posted that Gizzy lied about her faction
    JPants wrote: »
    JPants because you were stating it would have been more fun with Gizzy who turned out mafia? if I read it right

yup. she claimed same faction as me so i figured some random person whose faction I don't know is better than a team mate. Honestly I kinda thought we were in a straight faction no mafia game.

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Obifett for self-preservation for now at least

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    If @38thDoe does not vote tonight, Inactivus will take over.

wVEsyIc.png
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Not sure either of these wagons is how I would have gone but didn’t get the time today to do the analysis I normally do to start a discussion.

Invictus

Invictusseems fine to me too!

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Of the two, Obifett.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Yeah, sorry obi, but invictus has put in more effort in the thread and feels way more village

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    obifett

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Don't know where the totals are but invictus switching between very involved to less involved seems more off then whatever the reason is over the obi run

PSN SeGaTai
    Ugh....fineObifett

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    get back on Invictus I

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited July 2020
    Whoops

JusticeforPluto on
    obifett[/quote]

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Vote closed.

Results pending.

wVEsyIc.png
    Was that a tie?

Day 6 - The Siege of Heinessen

300px-Heinessen_%28BD%29.jpg

The Imperials were becoming desperate, especially after the loss of their integral Iserlohn Fortress. The strategy of the Fraulein Mariendorf had been a bold one.
    Unfortunately, Invictus' plan failed in disaster, as the Kaiserin's fleet was beset upon by an Alliance pincer attack. The resulting explosion dealt a savage blow to the Imperial Forces, as both the Fraulein and ObiFett's ships were obliterated.

The Empire's dire luck did not end there, as MamaWolf's carrier was beset upon by Terraist spies cleverly disguised as messengers from the Kaiser, resulting in a swift demise of the crew.

The Imperials did manage one vicious counter-strike of their own, however: before their Siege was brought to a sudden conclusion, their planetary bombardment destroyed the offices of much of their political offices, including that of their chief advisor, JaysonFour.

Though the Siege had ultimately been a failure, the cost to both sides had indeed been great... but neither side had yet to gain galactic superiority.

However, the ongoing turn of the tides were starting to near inevitability.

Results

ObiFett, Imperial Loyalist, executed by popular vote
    Invictus Imperial Vigilante, executed by popular vote
    JaysonFour, Alliance Guardian, obliterated by The Empire
    MamaWolf, Imperial Loyalist, assassinated by the Church of Terra

wVEsyIc.png