As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Finale] The Legend of the Galactic [Phalla]

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Barring millers or somesuch SeGaTai should be the last mafia

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Getting it from both sides -- feelsbadman

PSN SeGaTai
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Guess I should vote. Let’s end this.

SeGaTai

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Guess I should vote. Let’s end this.

SeGaTai

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Game Over.

Finale pending.

wVEsyIc.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Finale - The Crimson Star Road

The Church of Terra had been obliterated. SeGaTai, the last of the Terraists, was obliterated, and the remaining Alliance had been confined to Iserlohn, allowed to nurse their dream of Democratic Republicanism for a future time.

For the present time, the Kaiser is victorious, and the reign of the Lohengramm Dynasty has begun.

reinhard2.png?w=526&h=361

All Hail the Kaiser.

But elsewhere, a dream of the future rebellion still to come would remain burning until someone could carry on the fight.

9s2pd1gmx5x9.png

Another page turns in the future of the galaxy...

Final Results

SeGaTai, Terraist of the Church of Terra, executed by the vote.

Survivors

38thDoe, Alliance Republican
    Bluecyan, Alliance Republican
    premium, Imperial Loyalist
    AustinP0027, Alliance Republican
    JusticeforPluto, Imperial Guardian
    JayKaos, Imperial Loyalist
    Heffling, Imperial Loyalist
    Cythraul, Imperial Seer

Victory for the Alliance is impossible, and The Galactic Empire is victorious.

wVEsyIc.png
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE

Oh man!

I had Cythraul picked as a special but the two people I was hoping were mafia to take a shot at him weren’t, so “leaking” that to them did nothing!

Thanks for running @cj iwakura!

I have no idea how the village(s) managed to wipe out 3/4ths of the mafia in two days, but @SeGaTai carried on like a champ.

Last night's results going a split second differently might have given the Alliance a fighting chance, but alas.

wVEsyIc.png
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Man, I feel super rusty at Phalla. Kind of got the sense that the Empire ran rings around us behind the scenes. I at least tried to aim my kill at suspicious Imperial types.
    Thanks for hosting @cj iwakura!

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    @AustinP0027 You betrayed me??

Also there seemed to be some misunderstanding in the beginning with @discrider but it's ok it all worked out!! Yay We won!!

Thanks @cj iwakura for a fun game!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Burnage wrote: »
    Man, I feel super rusty at Phalla. Kind of got the sense that the Empire ran rings around us behind the scenes. I at least tried to aim my kill at suspicious Imperial types.

For everyone else who missed it:
    wdczpmxub1uk.jpeg

Aside manawolf, who at least got it, but missed the sworn enemy bit

I mean, Buzz narrates this verbatim at the start of Toy Story.
    For shame

discrider on
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    The one night I didnt protect Mama Wolf (instead protected Cythrual) they killed her! I had been guarding her since turn 1! Even saved her life once once on Day 1, but alas.

I also killed 2 of my allies when I tied the vote without realizing it.

This was also the first game I ever soft networked, so that was something.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »

For shame

I really can't understand how I missed that an avatar of an Emperor who's the sworn enemy of a Galactic Alliance was meant to signal that you were a member of an Alliance fighting an Empire.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I think the Empire got lucky in that Mamawolf managed to connect several of us on Day 1, and we had no infiltrators.

I would also like to point out that Mamawolf didn't give us the names of any Alliance members, per the "no kill" agreements she made with players when revealing factions.

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Soft networked twice this game with MamaWolf and premium...pretty proud of myself that I got 2/2 for once, much *much* better than I usually do working blind 8-) But also now wondering who wanted me dead so early, since I had previously just assumed it was one of the people I'd trusted who whacked me- could've*swore* I kept my head down (but not too down) this time

edited July 2020

For shame

I really can't understand how I missed that an avatar of an Emperor who's the sworn enemy of a Galactic Alliance was meant to signal that you were a member of an Alliance fighting an Empire.

We're the Free Planets mumble mumble no alliances here

I'm fighting the Galactic thingie.
    And I may have not read the alliance bit of my role PM nor known that it was going to be the shorthand for my faction.

discrider on
    edited July 2020
    Heffling wrote: »
    I think the Empire got lucky in that Mamawolf managed to connect several of us on Day 1, and we had no infiltrators.

I would also like to point out that Mamawolf didn't give us the names of any Alliance members, per the "no kill" agreements she made with players when revealing factions.

*Had no infiltrators Day 2 you mean
    mamawolf wrote:
    To heffling, disc

In case I eat the vote I thought I should connect y'all! So far this is who we have for the Galactic Empire!! As more come I will let you all know

discrider on
    MamaWolf wrote: »

I mean, you won and I lost so I fee like that evens out.

There was so much soft networking in this game, it was fantastic. I honestly thought there weren’t seers at all with how no one knew anything concrete.

Looking back at everything that happened this game, all 3 sides had their runs of bad luck but our luck was slightly less bad than the alliance or terraist and that's what pulled us through

Also thanks for running the game @cj iwakura
    It was a lot of fun

Thanks for hosting CJ.
    Will have to remember to only infiltrate as the faction vig from now on :(

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I’m shocked shocked that despite revealing my enemy status to two people I managed to survive to the end!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

38thDoe wrote: »
    I’m shocked shocked that despite revealing my enemy status to two people I managed to survive to the end!

We tried to keep the guns pointed at unknowns, and you were seered fairly early in the game

For shame

(But honestly, when I realised how confusing this was halfway through day 1, I just hoped everyone would give me their faction info instead.
    Idk.)

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Fun game! I enjoyed the narrations, I may have to check out the series at some point.
    That would be premium's work. I stayed out of contact early on while premium basically ran things. Imperial MVP from where I sit!

Thanks for running @cj iwakura!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    38thDoe wrote: »

I always keep my word.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"

I mean, you won and I lost so I fee like that evens out.

There was so much soft networking in this game, it was fantastic. I honestly thought there weren’t seers at all with how no one knew anything concrete.

Yes this is true. I am just glad that I was able to network fairly well.

I tried my best to network and then attempt to keep honest. There was really no point in saying "hey this person is _____" because for the most part with premium also networking we had our own targets.

I had fun and now think I have learned to network better.

We were also focused in taking out mafia!

@JusticeforPluto You were an amazing gaurd thank you!! I would've protected Cythraul too if I were you.

I don't think there were really any grudges made this game. Now I won't have a day 1 grudge vote and will have to stick with Kime

I honestly didnt know who our seer was, but I figured based off name Cythrual was important.

edited July 2020

mamawolf wrote:
    To heffling, disc

In case I eat the vote I thought I should connect y'all! So far this is who we have for the Galactic Empire!! As more come I will let you all know

To be fair this was also when I was under the impression You were galatic Empire cause I said I was a regular member of Galatic Empire and you said you were and regular member too. Which I know now was just a misunderstanding, but I felt the need to point that out.

Also would still be no infiltrators day 1 cause you died day 1. Unless you reached out to others and mentioned things??

MamaWolf on
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Mama you're always fun to network with. Very trusting but highly suspicious.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Mama you're always fun to network with. Very trusting but highly suspicious.

Thank you! I enjoyed networking with you as well!!

mamawolf wrote:
    To heffling, disc

To be fair this was also when I was under the impression You were galatic Empire cause I said I was a regular member of Galatic Empire and you said you were and regular member too. Which I know now was just a misunderstanding, but I felt the need to point that out.

Also would still be no infiltrators day 1 cause you died day 1. Unless you reached out to others and mentioned things??

Well I mean I would have reached out to others eventually.
    But yeah, I was totes Empirial with the white winged flag and everything.

Also I told Mama Wolf I was part of the Galatic Alliance, which is a thing form Stars Wars and not this.

It made things really awkward and I swore she thought I was a mole.

Okay, so now we know I was just the sworn enemy of J4P

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Mamawolf I was touched and confused when you didn’t vote for me after I told you I wasn’t on the same team!

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    Also I told Mama Wolf I was part of the Galatic Alliance, which is a thing form Stars Wars and not this.

It made things really awkward and I swore she thought I was a mole.

I mean there's a reason I clarified the next night "just to be clear we're both galatic Empire correct"

Gizzy wrote: »
    Mamawolf I was touched and confused when you didn’t vote for me after I told you I wasn’t on the same team!

I was trying to maintain the idea of not voting for people who told me their side (sorry @Wildcat). Plus you are truly a joy to network with!