As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Finale] The Legend of the Galactic [Phalla]

191011121315»

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    JPants reached out to me day 1 offering a gentleman's agreement to exchange alignments and do nothing with it if they didn't match. I figured it was worth a shot, because I feel like JPants is usually a pretty strong player and it'd be nice to work together. Unfortunately he was alliance and I was empire. Still, I suppose if I'd have lived we could've tried to coordinate vs mafia once we knew there was one.

I made a similar offer to Gizzy later that same day when I could affect the voting in her favor (before several other players piled on to prevent manipulation), but Gizzy claimed they were on the same team as the closest alternative and declined, so no information was shared. Later the following day, Gizzy PM'ed me that they had chosen to use the Terraists day 1 kill on me because I had survived so long last game (mind you, I died & lost that game, I just somehow managed to be the last mafia to go), which was why she declined the offer.

What I'm saying is @JPants owes @Gizzy one because for a hot minute there I thought I'd been done dirty. Sorry I doubted you.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Also, thanks @cj iwakura for hosting. It seems like it would've been fun, I regret not getting to last a little longer.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Also, thanks @cj iwakura for hosting. It seems like it would've been fun, I regret not getting to last a little longer.

For what it's worth @H3Knuckles I was thinking of reaching out to you the following day, but you died :(

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    The funny thing is, my usual avatar is pretty perfect for the Galactic Empire's banner at the start of the series:
    4exw8ep3w8kq.png

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Fun game! I enjoyed the narrations, I may have to check out the series at some point.
    Burnage wrote: »
    Man, I feel super rusty at Phalla. Kind of got the sense that the Empire ran rings around us behind the scenes. I at least tried to aim my kill at suspicious Imperial types.
    Thanks for hosting cj iwakura!
    That would be premium's work. I stayed out of contact early on while premium basically ran things. Imperial MVP from where I sit!

Thanks for running cj iwakura!

Honestly I was too busy with real life stuff to do a good job of running things, I feel more like I rode on everyone else's coattails exceptionally well.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Stuff like invictus getting voted out was entirely preventable had I been around earlier in the day to figure votes and whatnot out

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Thanks for running this @cj iwakura . Was pretty proud I managed to maintain my alliance spy cover for nearly the whole game, shame that the person I was deceiving was also an alliance spy.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Well, such is phalla. I figured the Alliance was done for when our vig got nuked.

If you'll excuse me, though, I'll just be soaking away more rust while catching up on more of this show.

Thanks for running, cj!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Mamawolf I was touched and confused when you didn’t vote for me after I told you I wasn’t on the same team!

I was trying to maintain the idea of not voting for people who told me their side (sorry @Wildcat). Plus you are truly a joy to network with!

Gruuuuuuuudge

Thanks for running @cj iwakura , but no more faction phallas for me for a bit, I think.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    this was fun! i had a good time, probably got too into it.
    playing during work breaks has done wonders for my activity, but... i still hate mobile posting.

i really did have to try and finagle a way into some kind of win after the disastrous night where we lost our vig.
    the day after that was a good comeback attempt, but the day after that... we overreached a little, and were slain.

premium had better luck than i did by ironically not seering mafia, and instead hitting imperial loyalists more consistently,
    which left him with a much better network in place once the mafia were gone.
    premium wrote: »
    Stuff like invictus getting voted out was entirely preventable had I been around earlier in the day to figure votes and whatnot out

MY GREATEST TRIUMPH!!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Seems like the empire out soft-networked the alliance which led to victory?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I think so, but just barely.

We had an alliance soft network of me, JPants, Roman, Burnage, and Aura going.
    Counter that to the soft network I was in on the Empire side of me, Heffling, J4P, MamaWolf.

Where the empire led us was that our soft network got shot sooner, and their had the seer actually find their own faction sooner, leading to a second network forming that was able to merge into the main one and keep their numbers up.

Our soft network stalled, and died, and we didn't get it replaced fast enough to make any progress.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Come on SeGa, couldn't you carry us a little bit harder? I survived two whole nights, what more do you want from me?

Thanks for running cj! Was fun to watch it finish and see how far SeGa could go alone :D

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Game was fun but certainly felt like I didnt have much options left after mafia dropping like flies day 1-2; a single mafia left with two seers left, didn't really seem like there was much chance left - even trying to coordinate with the alliance; I still get outed

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Eh, we had some bad luck being immediately seered etc :) Happens sometimes, ya know?

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Wait, Austin was a spy?

Good thing I didnt revel my role in the group thread lol.

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Thanks for running, @cj iwakura!

I am only mildly annoyed that I made the most villagery vote I'm ever likely to make (breaking a tie to put a mafia ahead), and still got vigged.

Locus on
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I'm always terrible at soft networking in faction games, but this was good fun, thanks all!

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    JPants reached out to me day 1 offering a gentleman's agreement to exchange alignments and do nothing with it if they didn't match. I figured it was worth a shot, because I feel like JPants is usually a pretty strong player and it'd be nice to work together. Unfortunately he was alliance and I was empire. Still, I suppose if I'd have lived we could've tried to coordinate vs mafia once we knew there was one.

I made a similar offer to Gizzy later that same day when I could affect the voting in her favor (before several other players piled on to prevent manipulation), but Gizzy claimed they were on the same team as the closest alternative and declined, so no information was shared. Later the following day, Gizzy PM'ed me that they had chosen to use the Terraists day 1 kill on me because I had survived so long last game (mind you, I died & lost that game, I just somehow managed to be the last mafia to go), which was why she declined the offer.

What I'm saying is @JPants owes @Gizzy one because for a hot minute there I thought I'd been done dirty. Sorry I doubted you.

I made that offer to several folks and kept my end of it the whole time. I think I only ended up hitting 2 folks that were Galactic so it wasn't that difficult but yeah, I always prefer to play on the level rather than deceitful.

• Options
    I'm curious if my death was a faction play or a mafia hunting play @Invictus

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Locus wrote: »
    Like others, my knowledge of the setting is minimal. I will do some research and get caught up. All I know is that my role PM contains some rampant mythologizing, which I am always down for.
    Also I can't believe no one picked up on my subtle faction reveal. :(

Clearly they need to start teaching heraldry in schools.

• Options
    Like others, my knowledge of the setting is minimal. I will do some research and get caught up. All I know is that my role PM contains some rampant mythologizing, which I am always down for.
    Also I can't believe no one picked up on my subtle faction reveal. :(

Clearly they need to start teaching heraldry in schools.

after you told me there was a clue i figured it out but you were opposite faction so it didn't really help much

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Counter that to the soft network I was in on the Empire side of me, Heffling, J4P, MamaWolf.

Where the empire led us was that our soft network got shot sooner, and their had the seer actually find their own faction sooner, leading to a second network forming that was able to merge into the main one and keep their numbers up.

Our soft network stalled, and died, and we didn't get it replaced fast enough to make any progress.

I did some poking around and hit on multiple mafia (kime and SeGa) plus poor JaysonFour based on the Night 2 results, and when kime died mafia I decided it was really not worth trying to expand that network back out given the replies I'd gotten.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular

Well played my good man! Well played!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    The 'absentee vigilante' weekend kind of mixed up my balance plans. I briefly thought I might have to up the mafia kills or have successive vigilantes, but logic prevailed, and it mostly worked out.

Also, talk about accuracy, Cythraul(Empire Seer) found Lucedes(Alliance Seer) on day 2. :lol:
    (Not to mention sniper Burnage taking out jdarksun the next day...)

wVEsyIc.png