As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Giant Bomb] Noooooooooooooooo! :(

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    The did talk about Ryan recently since it was around the time he passed away.

I really need to check out the site. I still have a subscription.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Krathoon wrote: »

I like the 'Today on GB' area. Let's you pick out some random classics.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    The lockdown stuff has been an adjustment given how when they started it wasn't clear how long it would go on for, but they've been putting out some amazing content under these restrictions. Cross-coast collaborations have increased by a lot because of this. The return of The Hot Spot alone is very neat with them mostly being conversations about historical video game topics.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    That whole spoilercast was "I like the game... but... we're all gonna rip on it for an hour and a half."

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Krathoon wrote: »

One of the podcasts near the 4th Vinny said they normally do a stream about that but he wanted to just bring it up and do a quick shoutout instead. Kind of alluded he wasnt going to drink alone in his basement for multiple reasons, but it was also around when they were doing a lot of "serious topic" content because of events.

TLoU spoilercast was mostly fine imo, but I only listened because I was never going to play and Brad seemed to, at least initially early after release, have a much different take on it than what I had heard. It sounds like he ended up in the same spot as other opinions I've seen.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Holy shit what a pair of cinnamon rolls

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Whatever this madness is (I'm guessing lots of Mario Party) its over eleven hours long.

Mr Ryckert is cranking out that content on Twitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z6UAKWJNLo

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »
    Whatever this madness is (I'm guessing lots of Mario Party) its over eleven hours long.

It's Mario Party at the center, but he set up a system where he had to spin a Wheel of Pain each time donations/requests hit a certain amount. When it hit 100%, at the end of that turn in Mario Party he'd have to spin the wheel and do things like beat Mike Tyson in Punchout, do jumprope for 5 minutes, eat a pickle (he claimed to have never done this before), etc. Then reset the request bar, do the next turn, rinse and repeat.

He ended up having to beat Mike Tyson at least three times that I remember.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »

He managed to translate the Mario Party experience to the viewers. It's just as miserable watching him play it with fart noises for 11 hours as it is to actually play it.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Wait, so apparently people Giant Bomb-adjacent are talking about Dan Ryckert like he shows up in the new Tetris Effect trailer? lol

• Options
    HadesHades Registered User regular
    He does.
    https://youtu.be/hgzIFyakhR4?t=3504

Time stamp 58:24

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Wait, so apparently people Giant Bomb-adjacent are talking about Dan Ryckert like he shows up in the new Tetris Effect trailer? lol

He did. He was in one of the square videos used to make up the pieces.

He briefly flashes at 34 seconds in, then ends up in the sideways t block on the right side, ending up 4 from the right, 2 from the bottom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCBpwyS0E1o

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Ever defying the known laws of physics of the universe by continuing to fall upwards.
    Just kidding, he's obviously also worked hard to get to where he wanted to be

• Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Yeah for me at least I don't want to imply any brad intent,
    Mean!
    /s

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Is something coming off embargo hot today? Just wondering why no Beastcast yet.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    Is something coming off embargo hot today? Just wondering why no Beastcast yet.

Haven't they been doing the Beastcast live on Thursdays lately? If they did it live yesterday, then I'm assuming an embargo wouldn't be the reason.

But I'm several podcasts behind, so I'm not keeping up very well.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    I think they mentioned something in the last one, but I can't recall

• Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    I believe they're doing it live today as yesterday was the Microsoft showcase.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    edited July 2020

ILc6r28.png

The slow cover of 'x gonna give it to ya' during that conference, I just couldn't stop laughing. There has to be a point in negotiations where the licencee goes 'give us the original for cheaper, becuase weill make a trailercore version so bad noone will want to listen to the original'

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    That Twitch clip of Alex was deleted, I guess.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    That Twitch clip of Alex was deleted, I guess.

Probably didn't want his girlfriends face passed around like a meme.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    So Gary Whitta recently had Brie Larson on his talk show:

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Drew is so awesome.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Still kind of heartbreaking Cloth Map couldn't survive in a covid world for obvious reasons, but it is what it is and hopefully Drew can return to the longform format in some way in the future.
    There's a real elegance and simplicity to his script that is really refreshing for those types of docos

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    And more GB-adjecent bad news:

Danny ODwyer closed up his studio that they opened for NoClip.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    He said it was bittersweet because they had big plans for the studio, but also the lockdown has allowed them to reassess and try new weird shit they wouldn't have been able to do before.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Just kind of marveling at how lazy this game is as I watch this. And its not only creatively bankrupt but the fighting looks stiff as fuck too. Its not so bad that I think Jason would force it on Ben and Jeff during Ranking of Fighter during a week he wasn't in the feature, but its close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1tThn_mlhs

• Options
    Dude Fight of Gods has been floating around for ages and it's stupid fun, it's the only game in which you can scientifically determine whether Buddha or Jesus would win in a fight

• Options
    I think that were all these Gods to actually exist and fight Jesus would end up being more Dan than Ryu. The likes of Zeus and Odin would curb stomp his bitch ass. Odin also appears to be wielding the Soul Edge, so he has that going for him too.

For Zeus I think they just took a model of one of the Makers from Darksiders 2 and tweaked it until someone said "eh, good enough."

• Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Google Play Music downloaded the Ben Pack-less version of the latest Beastcast for me. I got real confused when Vinny, Abby, and Jeff just started "uh-huh, yeah-ing" at each other repeatedly.

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    a nu start wrote: »
    Google Play Music downloaded the Ben Pack-less version of the latest Beastcast for me. I got real confused when Vinny, Abby, and Jeff just started "uh-huh, yeah-ing" at each other repeatedly.

Must have come as a ZIP and Google unpacked the MP3...

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    a nu start wrote: »

Sounds like a lot to........unpack.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    This thread is over.

• Options
    [Brad Shoemaker voice] "Shut it down. SHUT IT DOWN"

• Options
    You guys go back and give Michael credit right now because it was so good it went over your head.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I fully endorse this side gig and am eager to see where it goes.

• Options
    First Leo Carpatzi returns to Comedy Bang Bang and now cockney Brad returns to the Giant Bombcast. A good week in podcasting!

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    If one were to watch today's Minecraft thing they would do themselves a disservice if they weren't listening through Vinny's audio.

This discussion has been closed.