As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    RickRude wrote: »
    Would this br broken game design?

What if there was a chacter that built crit and high ad, but all of their damage is magical instead of physical?

Corki

Shit i thought corki did like 15 or 30% magic damage, didnt realize it was 80%.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I didn't think you could queue ranked before level 30? The algorithm served me a team of two bronzes and a level 19 for my third promo game, which seems a little off.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Ivellius wrote: »
    Is the new jungle quest related to the new champion available in bot games? Not sure i can play real games with the baby

Supposedly yes.

Sweet. Gonna play some jungle yi bot games

I did it in about 5 games with Anivia jungle in bot games. You can farm at the fountain for at least 70-80 take downs a game.

A Half Eaten Oreo on
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Is the new jungle quest related to the new champion available in bot games? Not sure i can play real games with the baby

Supposedly yes.

I did it in about 5 games with Anivia jungle in bot games. You can farm at the fountain for at least 70-80 take downs a game.

How do I know when I completed it? I've been getting 60 takedowns a game with jungle yi.

*edit* i have over 350 just with jungle yi games, and I played some karthus ai farm minion bot games.

RickRude on
  • Options

Supposedly yes.

How do I know when I completed it? I've been getting 60 takedowns a game with jungle yi.

*edit* i have over 350 just with jungle yi games, and I played some karthus ai farm minion bot games.

I got it pretty much exactly at 350 (think I ended with 352). My only question would be did you get enough cs% from jungle camps in the ai games? A friend had to play a few games past 350 and he thinks that was his issue.

• Options

Supposedly yes.

I got it pretty much exactly at 350 (think I ended with 352). My only question would be did you get enough cs% from jungle camps in the ai games? A friend had to play a few games past 350 and he thinks that was his issue.

I wonder if I have too many minions killed as my games often have afk's so after I kill 2 people I usually kill the creeps, go to kill another lane, grab a buff, another double kill, ,etc.... Gonna play one more see what happens.

• Options

Supposedly yes.

I wonder if I have too many minions killed as my games often have afk's so after I kill 2 people I usually kill the creeps, go to kill another lane, grab a buff, another double kill, ,etc.... Gonna play one more see what happens.

Took one more game. Made sure to farm more in the jungle.

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I managed to eek it out last night in the final game when I decided I had had enough.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Why are we not talking about arcane kogmaw? He's so cute! I might consider buying it and becoming a kog maw main.

• Options
    Penumbra wrote: »
    I managed to eek it out last night in the final game when I decided I had had enough.

It sucked but it felt good to unlock thr champ. Love her aesthetic

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Played a couple games with the new champ, she seems okay. Powerful in games where the chips fall her way, but I don't think I'd pick her with confidence into every situation. Her early clear is a bit rough and she doesn't have a lot of late game utility, so you're banking on leveraging her mobility for some successful early to mid game skirmishes and snowballing off that. She naturally wants to build damage but has no sustain or defense in her kit, so if you fall behind, she is absolutely worthless. And her voice lines make you want to disable audio.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Honestly, I don't think she needs to really build a whole lot of damage? She hits like a goddamn truck naturally, and her Q has true damage on it. Building one (maybe a Rylia's for a slow or a spookymask) and then situationally tanky so she stays alive throwing around that % health damage from her passive seems a better bet.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Here's my theory that I haven't seen anyone else mentioning: Yone will hit tomorrow. Two weeks is a suspiciously long time to have a blank Spirit Bond, and his absence from the PBE is conspicuous to me.

More importantly: Why is Riot doing an in-client dating sim now

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    I think she wants Liandrys in basically every circumstance (obviously) and she very much wants some pen to go along with that. She doesn’t have all that much utility so if you invest too much in survivability, my guess is she suffers in a lot of pivotal teamfights where her carries get blown through and she doesn’t have either the burst to remove damage sources from the table or the ability to keep her own team alive.

She’s definitely interesting and I want to experiment with her more, but I think her strengths are in areas that are least important at my elo.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I think she wants Liandrys in basically every circumstance (obviously) and she very much wants some pen to go along with that. She doesn’t have all that much utility so if you invest too much in survivability, my guess is she suffers in a lot of pivotal teamfights where her carries get blown through and she doesn’t have either the burst to remove damage sources from the table or the ability to keep her own team alive.

She’s definitely interesting and I want to experiment with her more, but I think her strengths are in areas that are least important at my elo.

Build Liandries, and then nothing but tank.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options

It feels she should kinda build like Mord?

• Options
    Why does "my shop" always suck?

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Here's my theory that I haven't seen anyone else mentioning: Yone will hit tomorrow. Two weeks is a suspiciously long time to have a blank Spirit Bond, and his absence from the PBE is conspicuous to me.

I kind of love this event

They spent a lot of time on it and a bunch of people clearly had fun writing the dialogue/illustrating the virtual novel

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    This game really has the worst community of all time, man

• Options

It feels she should kinda build like Mord?

She just needs to be in the middle of things, getting true damage off, and surviving. Anything beyond that is gravy.

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

I kind of love this event

They spent a lot of time on it and a bunch of people clearly had fun writing the dialogue/illustrating the virtual novel

I'm mad, all the spirit blossom skins are so goooooooooooood

• Options

Close, he's dropping 8/6.

Abilities and the Champion Insight article.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

Close, he's dropping 8/6.

Abilities and the Champion Insight article.
    “All I know is that I can’t wait to play Yone as a support for Yasuo like a bad person,” Riot Pls laughs.

“The brothers bot lane!” Riot Earp interjects. “It’s so good!”

“We’ll both be 0/10. Get ready,” says Riot Pls.

“Yeah, but then you’ll win the game because you’ll both hit your 0/10 power spike,” EndlessPillows jokes.

yessssssssssssssssssssss

• Options
    I regret only that I can’t ban both yasuo and yone every game

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    at least he doesn't have a spammable dash and a wind wall

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular

Yeah, I was wrong. That said, this is all clearly Riot's plan to keep Yasuo from hitting 200% ban rate.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    This game really has the worst community of all time, man

I have had a frustrating time of it in the past few days
    Teams with extremely weak mental (e.g. top spamming surrender starting at 15 when he and his enemy toplane are both 3/3/0, and game is even cs, even kills, and we have better comp+better scaling, and continuing to ff as he gets more and more ahead, and eventually losing the game as he refuses to group, continuously pings me when I die and presumably rages in chat but I muted him, etc) are becoming a bigger problem
    So until I de-tilt I’m playing flex as ahri and Vayne so I get dating game points :D
    Also my shop knows exactly what skins I want (blood moon Sivir and Jhin) but I refuse to give in.
    Relatedly if I were the devs I would ensure that the loot boxes were customized to have a slightly lower chance of giving you skins with a high ‘my shop’ rating, so people had a slightly higher chance of buying skins.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I regret only that I can’t ban both yasuo and yone every game

Get a duo partner. Problem solved.

• Options
    Kamiro wrote: »
    this game is full of BABIES

had a malz support refuse to go anywhere close to our ADC because at like 14 minutes they took the enemy bot tower and then ashe went to roam other lanes and malz got mad (?)

so malz would wander off during teamfights and then die alone somewhere and never use his ult.

luckily i managed to carry with Sett and we got some good 4 v 1s in their jungle and finally pushed to win.

but jesus christ, this community sometimes

I swear it's gotten worse
    My hypotheses are:
    1. pandemic/unemployment stress
    2. leveling accounts to 30 got easier so it is faster to get back into it when your account is banned (although buying a new account is also pretty easy and cheap I think)

• Options
    I queued a few games the night before last and each of them had a person who was so tilted that they had no business playing another game, they were practically spamming surrender votes before minions spawned. I'll never understand why people keep doing a thing that is not fun for them.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I queued a few games the night before last and each of them had a person who was so tilted that they had no business playing another game, they were practically spamming surrender votes before minions spawned. I'll never understand why people keep doing a thing that is not fun for them.

@pyromaniac221 because free to play games are literally designed to hook people in and incentivize them to keep playing to grind out unlocks. The unfortunate side effect of this philosophy is that when someone's having a bad time, they're less likely to call it a night and come back another day. Instead they will probably attempt to hang in there and keep queuing for another round even as they get more and more tilted. This gets especially bad in games that have things to unlock that are part of a one-time event, where the deadline before something's 'gone forever' provides additional psychological pressure to keep playing.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Also free means a low barrier to entry for 12 year olds.

broken image link
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

@pyromaniac221 because free to play games are literally designed to hook people in and incentivize them to keep playing to grind out unlocks. The unfortunate side effect of this philosophy is that when someone's having a bad time, they're less likely to call it a night and come back another day. Instead they will probably attempt to hang in there and keep queuing for another round even as they get more and more tilted. This gets especially bad in games that have things to unlock that are part of a one-time event, where the deadline before something's 'gone forever' provides additional psychological pressure to keep playing.

This doesn't explain to me how much of this behavior ends up in ranked though. Most of the unlocked stuff doesn't require climbing the ladder but I still run into tons of mids screaming in all-chat how bad their jungle before the game hits the 15 minute mark.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I'm really enjoying Lillia, enough that I'll probably do my ranked as jungle/adc or adc/jungle now that I've got her and Kindred and like, Vi/Eve/Sej (if they really need a tank boo hiss).

Mostly just struggling with playing her in actual teamfights. It feels like she immediately melts if she touches a team even when built semi tanky and lacks any proper dramatic initiation tools/big drama ults to prevent that.

• Options
    I'm really enjoying Lillia, enough that I'll probably do my ranked as jungle/adc or adc/jungle now that I've got her and Kindred and like, Vi/Eve/Sej (if they really need a tank boo hiss).

Mostly just struggling with playing her in actual teamfights. It feels like she immediately melts if she touches a team even when built semi tanky and lacks any proper dramatic initiation tools/big drama ults to prevent that.

her whole kit screams either: full tank so you don't melt, or you come in after the initiation. She Q->Rs after someone else starts the party.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

her whole kit screams either: full tank so you don't melt, or you come in after the initiation. She Q->Rs after someone else starts the party.

From what I've gotten so far the path is:

Get early lead, buy jungle Echo, boots and Liandries (or Rylais if there's a bunch of melee you can kite) and then go full tank.

It's mostly just that build path both prevents you doing enough damage to be an insta gib magic threat and also means you are tanky but can't initiate.

And yeah that issue of "dear god someone else start the party" can be a big problem in a lot of drafts.

• Options

From what I've gotten so far the path is:

Get early lead, buy jungle Echo, boots and Liandries (or Rylais if there's a bunch of melee you can kite) and then go full tank.

It's mostly just that build path both prevents you doing enough damage to be an insta gib magic threat and also means you are tanky but can't initiate.

And yeah that issue of "dear god someone else start the party" can be a big problem in a lot of drafts.

Maybe cinderhulk better? Dunno.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Don't play her jungle. Play her top. She's much better there.

Jungle she has no cc for ganks, no burst for ganks, no tankiness, no hard scaling threat, and can't duel most common jungles. She's a mediocre jungler. Garen is a better jungler.

Moridin889 on
  • Options
    I dont understand this event at all. But i clicked skip all a few times and got a bunch of champion shards. Had most of them, but still, that's cool. Got an orb for doing something too.