As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Heroes of the Storm] thread: Don't get excited, Dibby; we're just talking.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Saw the title of the video and figured @milk ducks will just be sharing a lot in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ppx5EPGMng

Also, on this week's episode of "When BMing goes wrong"

https://clips.twitch.tv/ShakingRenownedButterM4xHeh

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Mostly, you just need to practice the Q>W>E combo. It'll get very reliable once you learn it.
    I think my problem is not being able to do this reliably. I have a hell of a time E-ing into the right location to be able to knock them back into the Blizzard instead of off to the side with any consistency.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    "powerslide, but instead of a stun you get a free face melt at the end" sure is an ability design

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Maybe I play ETC wrong, but I've sort of strayed away from going Q->W super fast. Sometimes I hold the W to knock back defenders closing in or to punish the stun target's escape move.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    holding etc's Q-W for 2 seconds is good practice; gives everyone a chance to hit something off the follow up stun and theyll still be in range for boop and pinball wizard

mei's W-E combo does take some getting used to just placement wise - but I've also had better luck with it Eing immediately like a true combo (think kerrigan or alarak) - as soon as you give the opponent a chance to start moving; it gets really hard to line up.

If you do take black ice you can start going E-W instead - but it's rough shaking up the muscle memory mid game about what combo to start using

PSN SeGaTai
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Maybe I play ETC wrong, but I've sort of strayed away from going Q->W super fast. Sometimes I hold the W to knock back defenders closing in or to punish the stun target's escape move.

That's the correct play.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Always wait on the w. You might not even need it if you body block well.

It's also a good way to interrupt escapes like muradin's jump, etc..

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    *Not exactly HotS related, but I think you'd all appreciate this story*

A friend of mine on Facebook invited me to do a "Your favorite top 10 Athletes, one per day" challenge. Normally, I just ignore them, but I started thinking about it and decided to do it. I posted my first one today:
    ndl2o8tk62et.jpg
    The Terran Emperor himself, and StarCraft Broodwar legend, SlayerS_BoxeR

I'm guessing my friend will have no idea who that is, and when I explain, it'll spark the tired eSport athlete debate. :biggrin:

In case anyone wants to know my remaining 9:
    Jerry Rice (SF 49ers WR)
    Diago "The Beast" (fighting game god)
    Mark Lemke (Atl Braves 2nd Baseman)
    Flash (best SC: Brood War player)
    Bret Hart (Best wrestler ever!)
    Grubby (WC3 god and handsome champion)
    Scottie Pippin (Bulls PF)
    Tito Santana (70s/80s Wrestler)
    Fan (HotS pro/streamer)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular

A friend of mine on Facebook invited me to do a "Your favorite top 10 Athletes, one per day" challenge. Normally, I just ignore them, but I started thinking about it and decided to do it. I posted my first one today:
    ndl2o8tk62et.jpg

I'm guessing my friend will have no idea who that is, and when I explain, it'll spark the tired eSport athlete debate. :biggrin:

Jerry Rice (SF 49ers WR)
    Fan (HotS pro/streamer)

Things I did not think I would see today: a list including both Flash and Mark Lemke.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
    Invictus wrote: »

ndl2o8tk62et.jpg

Jerry Rice (SF 49ers WR)
    Fan (HotS pro/streamer)

Things I did not think I would see today: a list including both Flash and Mark Lemke.

I’m a man of varied tastes. Mostly, my traditional sports folks are guys I liked when I watched sports in the early 90s.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    No Geoff? Tsk tsk.

Or Tossgirl?

Invalid list.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »

ndl2o8tk62et.jpg

Jerry Rice (SF 49ers WR)
    Fan (HotS pro/streamer)

I’m a man of varied tastes. Mostly, my traditional sports folks are guys I liked when I watched sports in the early 90s.

Mildly surprised you managed to pull out a baseball player I had never heard of once in my life, but if it looks like he was a pretty average player from before my time so that makes sense. I had a similar appreciation for Jose Vidro on the Expos, another slightly above average second baseman no-one else remembers but I liked watching.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    You forgot the People's Champ, Dover.
    eqkuioz7h7hl.jpg

milk ducks wrote: »
    eqkuioz7h7hl.jpg

Yeah...I have no idea who that is. :D

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Ran across this and found it really interesting:
    https://youtu.be/oM3Z7FjuixU

No mention of HotS (rip) but just Day9's general introduction on how games are structured and context is set for players is fantastic. It really circles back to what I feel has been one of the major failings of HotS - the weakness of early game objectives and the viability of split-pushing as a strategy overall. Without some kind of central fulcrum to drive a given match, the space becomes too open-ended for a team-based game to come together coherently. The player base is subject to too much noise and too many factors to properly parse. Couple this with less player differentiation in a given match (i.e., players cannot fully leverage their own individual skill differences to drive wins and losses), and you get a giant clownfiesta.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Oh man, Mark Lemke.

You remember when Jeff Blauser briefly and improbably became the most successful hitter in the MLB for like 2 months?

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    Oh man, Mark Lemke.

You remember when Jeff Blauser briefly and improbably became the most successful hitter in the MLB for like 2 months?

Oh yeah. Even better, of the two Braves games I got to see in the early 90s, one was against the Reds. It was Deion Sanders first game back in ATL after being traded to CIN. The Braves won in the bottom of the 9th after Blauser hit a 2-run HR right near us in the stands. We were briefly on Sportscenter that night and my friend was freaking out because he'd lied to his parents saying he was spending the nights at a friend's house so he could join us in ATL that night. LOL!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    eqkuioz7h7hl.jpg

You guys disappoint me, lol.

That's Scar. Every Captain Falcon main in the world knows Scar.

edited July 2020
    eqkuioz7h7hl.jpg

You guys disappoint me, lol.

That's Scar. Every Captain Falcon main in the world knows Scar.

No, this is Scar.

xwkd4w5t8z6f.jpg

And this, is the people's champ:

yy0nqdssbetp.jpg

I've never followed the Smash scene at all. I mean, high level Smash is something, but typically FGC are a big turnoff for me in the past decade.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited July 2020
    The clip of him doing that staredown at the camera and the commentators calling him the People's Champ is toward the end. Scar is a legend in the Melee scene.

https://youtu.be/GyA86vVdGno

milk ducks on
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I'm assuming that's a scene from Diablo or WoW with sprite swaps? And geez Khara, can you maybe not summon evil things? Just punch you moron!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    It's the Diablo IV trailer, lol.
    And yeah, that's fucking solid.

It's the Diablo IV trailer, lol.
    And yeah, that's fucking solid.

I was interested, so I went and watched the Diablo 4 trailer. I scrolled down to the first comment...

i0c611isk87q.png

That broke me for a good 10 seconds.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • tyrantula22tyrantula22 Registered User regular
    The winning Naz match right at the start..."gotta blend in with my people. Do a camp. Two camps at the same time. Efficiency". I want to see that happen in an actual match and not right as one is ending, lol.

Battletag: Tyrantula22#1623
    Steam ID
    The winning Naz match right at the start..."gotta blend in with my people. Do a camp. Two camps at the same time. Efficiency". I want to see that happen in an actual match and not right as one is ending, lol.

Play with ducks enough and you will see it happen all the time.

...why did I never do two camps at once with Rexxar

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Rexxar is someone I get stuck with in the brawl I really bother learning how to play

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    End of Braxis awards. Blaze.

96% damage done to zerg.

So close!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    Muradin missed a Storm Bolt or something, stunned a Hydralisk.

End of Braxis awards. Blaze.

96% damage done to zerg.

So close!

That's a Firebat doing his damn job! Send that clip to the Dominion Training team.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • tyrantula22tyrantula22 Registered User regular
    What madness is this!? 6 votes at game end! I didn't know that many people still click those things.
    stats to go with it spoilered
    RofgeSf.png
    YWsPgkq.png

Battletag: Tyrantula22#1623
    Steam ID
    edited July 2020
    huh, I think I just had an actual first in this game

have an absolute terrible match, 4 assassin and murky v 5 assassins, I can't do anything, our liming is tilting off the face of the earth and calling us cucks

next match, get paired with the tracer from the other team! she's chill and we joke about how lopsided that last match was

it's a tense but tight game where we're losing teamfights but squeeking out alterac objectives anyway and have way better push

and then in the final fight their butcher decides "fuck it, we've footsied outside this fort too long" and charges into the middle of our team and immediately gets hit by arreat crater, raynor q, and octograb
    also they had a dehaka/aba combo who was literally invulnerable, they would easily 2v4 unless I octo'd him at the *exact* right moment

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Imagine having a trait that disables structures and then using it when your team wins an objective that pushes structures.

Imagine the possibilities.

10 min win and we took all keeps =)

Illidan just couldn't vs the goblin with a plan!
    413hy42iu2sr.jpg

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    What a weird game. Just 4-4 kills, but only 10 minutes and it was a 6 Fort total route?

Yup! The first objective took 3 forts and 1 keep.

We then kept pushing and got the 2nd keep.

The last keep went down JUST as we were pushing core.
    Not sure what the rest were doing but top lane gaz did well in soaking 1.5 heroes most of the time.

It seems like dva soaked a ton of dmg for our team which let Valla 'pop off'
    With aba and illidan they prob just didn't have enough of a frontline.

l4lGvOw.png

wra

Also Robogoblin = building lifespan not good

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    Why is it that every time I get to play Mephisto in a brawl, my team dies like crazy and puts us at a huge advantage before I can hit 13?