As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Alex CHAOS down in 69 turns (nice)

Lightning (cboard) Leo Sazh (cboard) Shiva summon Leo friend

Alex didn't get a single turn

I did it with Vayne (at EX+0) instead of Lightning, Ifrit summon, 63 turns

Holy shit is Vayne broken with Sazh to give him even more free turns, like whoa

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Haters of Aranea's helmet, rejoice: she now has her helmet-less winter costume from Episode Prompto, available for purchase.

Her entire event is also live again, for anyone who missed it. If you already did it, nothing to see there as it'll be Completed already.

Free pulls on two banners today: Sherlotta, Rydia (new EX), Seymour (just 15&35) for Sherlotta's Lost Chapter. And Aranea, Beatrix, Ignis for the Summer Incursion event 3.

I got some power stones out of the pulls, better luck to the rest of you!

Final boss for Sherlotta LC is pretty obnoxious, so I finally took Cloud of Darkness out for a spin.

They are kinda silly. On the one hand, it feels bad that their S1 hits the 99,999 cap so easily and can't possibly go over. On the other hand, easy 99,999s are pretty good. On the gripping hand, their HP+ is often good for around 100k including the splash damage so it's weird that the S1 is scarcely better. #firstworldproblems

I took Garnet for the LC Chaos fight to enchant/imperil water, which let me bring Eald'narche despite the last stage being melee/ranged resistant.

I think I love how enchant/imperil works here. I need to play around with it more.

Trey and Quistis tonight. Quistis gets party battery on every move and a few other tweaks. Should be a solid third party member.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Is there any other mage coming that gives enchant outside of Rydia? I see only Shantotto but she only does Imperil....

edit: this is me finding reasons to pull on the Rydia banner that aren't waifu lol.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Is there any other mage coming that gives enchant outside of Rydia? I see only Shantotto but she only does Imperil....

edit: this is me finding reasons to pull on the Rydia banner that aren't waifu lol.

You just missed Garnet.

Lulu does enchant/imperil, she's on one of Shantotto's banners on August.

As the last of the EX+ era, Trey really closes things out with authority. What a monster, the only downside is managing his C1 chase to maximize damage and avoid getting broken when his BRV pool keeps getting dumped.

The 70 co-op where he's boosted isn't really the best metric to use, but watching a well equipped Trey knock both targets HP by more than half on Turn 1 is delightful.

• CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    I got Trey's EX from the free summon, and decided to go all in on him. So far he's pretty impressive.

I get the impression that the devs really like Type 0, given how much story time is devoted to the cast and how generally good they are.

I wonder if I should play Type 0...

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    so the main thing you need to know about type 0

is that every single female character's panties are lovingly rendered and described on their bio

it's gonna be a hard yikes from me

Beasteh on
    wtf............you...no way.

Oh, is it more than just Cinque? I had heard that her gameplay of "slow hammer person" was an excuse for upskirts, I did not realize it extended to the other women

July 27 livestream notes
    July 30: LDs and BTs are here!
    - Squall's are first
    - there will be lots of in-game stuff to explain them

July 29 (after maintenance )
    - no more off-banner 5*s on new banners going forward
    - EX+ weapons can be sold to get nuggets back
    - additional Summon Board points based on your player rank

July 29: Moogle Pass!
    - double character points limit per event (10k instead of 5k)
    - 2.5x more summon board points
    - comes with 610 gems
    - lasts 30 days. Only $4.99 USD

Moogle Pass Premium:
    - same as above, plus
    - 5 EX Power Tokens
    - 2 Moogle Tokens
    - 4640 gems
    - first one is free!

Moogle Token exchange:
    - can be traded for Burst power tokens, red books, blue books

Burst power token exchange:
    - get a BT of your choice for 50 burst tokens

EX Power Token exchange:
    - all EX weapons available, cost 10 tokens each

July 30: Raid Event (Squall LD/BT)
    - first multi free (two banners)

Challenge Quests
    - most events will have one
    - clear Chaos difficulty to unlock it
    - no support unit allowed
    - use 3 boosted characters to earn one burst token

August 3 - Garland LC

August 7 - Amidatelion event

costume re-runs for Layle, Garland, WoL

August 12 - DE Entropy tier 14
    - tough vs ranged, mixed elemental resistances
    - recommend melee/magic, Poison/Sap, Paralyze

August 12: Heretic Quests
    - new BT/LD character
    - Alisaie rework

August 17: Ultimecia LC

August 21: Mystery character event (Desch)

Onion Knight costume rerun

Stream chat was incredibly toxic this time, usually it's just a bunch of people getting hyped about this or that. :(

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Suddenly glad I held onto the 10 EX tokens I got from clearing the first Pandemonium.

Also, with that selling of an EX+ for nuggets, does that work with EX+ 0/3 weapons, or only ones that are at least at 1/3? For the former, I can see that being sometimes useful if you get a dupe EX and have power stones burning a hole in your pocket. If it's the latter, then I have to imagine the BT and LD weapons will have better stats when fully leveled than an EX+ 3/3 weapon. Otherwise, the only people who'd sell off an EX+ are the whales who made extra EX+ 3/3 weapons just for more spheres.

I really wish I could exchange Moogle Tokens for Ingots or Nuggets, though. Getting books are super easy, and I've already got, like, 8 of each I can't use.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    The EX tokens are going to be a separate shop, I think, but don't hold me to that

EX+ weapons give you 5/10/15/20 nuggets for 0/1/2/3 LBs. Mostly you will only want to sell EX+ for characters where you get their BT. Or if you get a second copy of a weapon to EX+3 for a second sphere, but most folks should not be doing that

BT has the best stats, then EX+, then LD, then EX. Generally you will upgrade LD weapons to max (with power stones) and then sell them off

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Fry wrote: »

Stream chat was incredibly toxic this time, usually it's just a bunch of people getting hyped about this or that. :(

they have reason to be, this game is hard veering into p2w territory with a ridiculous 0.1% chase 'win the current wave of content' burst and the addition of moogle pass

i whaled long and hard in ffrk before i quit and i can see the writing on the wall

Beasteh on
    Beasteh wrote: »

they have reason to be, this game is hard veering into p2w territory with a ridiculous 0.1% chase 'win the current wave of content' burst and the addition of moogle pass

i whaled long and hard in ffrk before i quit and i can see the writing on the wall

Toxicity was about Amidatelion's gender, mostly, and something else I couldn't figure out (I was a few minutes late). People seemed fine about moogle pass and draw rates. Lots of happiness about off banners going away.

EX draw rate is getting increased, LD is the same draw rate as the previous EX draw rate. BTs can be pitied if you really want, and supposedly are not going to be "required" for at least another ten months. I don't feel like the game is getting significantly more P2W.

Game updated in preparations on of the LD/BT era tonight. Mog Pass is live, the first is a premium and free. I think you can save it for later, if you want to use its benefits during the next summon event or something.

But you can get the expanded Character board points cap now, which means you can get 5K more points out of the Trey event, and another 5K from Sherlotta LC. If that's worth it to you, do it soon, Sherlotta ends in a few days.

New EX token shop is confirmed to be separate from the DE EX Token shop.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    It bugs me that I need to have an EX+ 3/3 weapon for a character in order to max out their character board. I understand that even partially filling the character board is still pretty useful, but I just hate not completing it, ya know?

IKknkhU.gif
    Dunno if it's me but the game is super lagged right now. Anyway, two banners, both with Squall's new stuff, and a free pull for each.

I, uhh, am often surprised by the luck I can have in this game, and even feel bad mentioning it here. But, well, sorry folks:

Draw 2 free pull: Squall LD
    Draw 1 free pull: Steiner 35, Squall BT

Holy. Crap.

Someone had to get it, might as well be you! Gratz!

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    BT weapons are so unnecessary. LD is the real new prize. I'll take LD over BT 10 out of 10 times.

Unless I just really like the character then it's a cool trophy to have.

steam_sig.png
    Squall's LD is a huge buff for him, it lasts 15 turns and can be used 3 times, so it's deffo a huge win to get.

(That said, both BT and LD is ridiculous to see big damage. Not necessary, but kinda fun to just push out those numbers.)

And for any Galuf fans out there, he trivializes this event. The cannon has one aoe hp attack to worry about, but otherwise Galuf shuts down everything else for this stage.

Dunno how I'm going to handle the Challenge Chaos though.

• CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    I got Squall's LD and BT and I guess he's finally good. My anti FF8 bias is pretty strong, but after I tried his Burst for the first time I was like "Yeah ok, that's pretty acceptable"

edited July 2020
    Oof, challenge quest is pretty tough. I almost got there with Squall (EX+3, no LD/BT), Auron (EX+3), Cait Sith (EX+0), Leviathan summon, but the missiles just wore me down too much. Squall died at around 5% enemy HP left, Cat Shit died around 1% left, and Auron finished it off. Missed the requirements for HP damage and score (on account of two people being dead).

I can probably get there after I finish up summon boards for that team, especially if I am a bit more careful to make sure the turrets are debuffed with INT and Max BRV down at all times.

Fry on
    edited July 2020
    Well...luck was not on my side this time. I did get Squall's BT from ticket #200 or something....after getting enough tokens to pity it on Cait Sith's Banner. So I had to pity his LD instead. The cool thing, I have a complete Cait Sith, Tifa, Auron, Steiner and Gilgamesh now. Which is pretty awesome since I don't have a lot of EX's after returning to the game.

The bad thing is that I don't have enough resources to get them all MLB lol. And I have to level them to 70, summon boards, etc. Need Armor Tokens!!!!

lionheart_m on
    I haven't even looked at the challenge stage. I'm sure it'll be terrible since I hyper focus on a few games so I rarely have good synergy coverage.

Also 0 ingots after all those FFXI ex came out back to back.

Plus side I actually think Squall is one of my favorite later era FF protags. He's just such an awkward dork I can empathize with. So since the freebie gave me his BT I just decided to go all in and grab his other weapons since all I had was his two 15cp weapons or whatever that old WoI weapon was.

Now I have a full gear Squall in a school outfit with half his summon boards done and working on artifacts. Only took 5 multi and 100 tickets so I ain't even fussed. Used up the rest of my books to get ingots off ex I plan to level some day just to finish him up. Glad LD/BT just use power stones.

steam_sig.png
    Challenge down, I had to put some resources into Auron but his debuffs make a big difference.

Squall (all), Auron (all), Cait Sith 0/3. 86 turns, 700k points, and I took about 18k damage. Used Alexander for summon, I think the added healing helped from it.

• 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was sailing along on Chaos with Cait (all), Squall (all), Lightning (all), but then I fucked up some rotation with my Leo friend and the Alex summon and everyone died. Finished the fight just to get the rewards but it seems I need either Auron (doable) or Galuf (neglected badly) to do the fight better.

Also got the LD but not the BT. Fortunately I can pull pretty freely on the Auron-Steiner banner without worry.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    Reminder that Squall's BT is on the next two banners, so if you'd prefer the banner mates (Garland LD, WoL, Sephiroth or Amidatelion LD, Deuce, Layle), you don't have to blow it all here.

I really want Garland LD, he was my first purple after all. Shame I had to go hard on the current banner since I actually needed all of Squalls kit.

steam_sig.png
    New daily token shop is up for the month; expect these to be a thing going forward.

Tough to choose between one weapon ingot + 20 tickets, versus 1/5 of an EX selection. What do.

Oof, challenge quest is pretty tough. I almost got there with Squall (EX+3, no LD/BT), Auron (EX+3), Cait Sith (EX+0), Leviathan summon, but the missiles just wore me down too much. Squall died at around 5% enemy HP left, Cat Shit died around 1% left, and Auron finished it off. Missed the requirements for HP damage and score (on account of two people being dead).

I can probably get there after I finish up summon boards for that team, especially if I am a bit more careful to make sure the turrets are debuffed with INT and Max BRV down at all times.

Ok, beat it with this team. Key change: switching to Shiva summon. Attack up helps Cait be less awful, speed boost can be relevant (turrets are fast). Alexander boon tends to only help at the beginning, rather than down the line where it's clutch. Leviathan BRV regen can theoretically be nice, but it's often wasted. Crucially, both of them can push off the Sap inflicted by the main gun's recast ability, and you really want that to be active because it lets you delay the main gun a ton. With the Int BRV debuff from Auron, the gun will unbreak every turn.

Seems like, early in the fight, if you kill just one turret, it will immediately respawn, so don't do that. Later in the fight though, they won't necessarily come back right away, so that can potentially buy some breathing room.

Question, how do I kill Ifrit Chaos if I don't have a Delay monster outside of Aranea? I only tried once with this team and I was sloppy thinking I could just LD and BT my way to victory:

Squall BT,LD, MLBed Armor.
    Aranea MLB Armor and Weapon
    Ignis 0/3+ both armor and weapon.

Ifrit Summon (maybe this was an issue?)

I also have around (all 0/3 but I've got enough mats to 3/3 anyone of them)

Sephiroth
    Raijin
    Sazh
    Eiko
    Cait Sith
    Auron
    Gilgamesh
    Tifa

Ifrit absorbs fire, so you probably don't want Ifrit summon. Shiva would be a fine choice, as would most any other summon.

You may want a tank to help prevent Ifrit from breaking people, so he doesn't get his Veil that prevents HP damage.

Otherwise... Yeah, that content is moderately old, I'd have thought that team would be more than plenty.

• HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Some Everspace 2 Alpha footage. So far I'm liking what I see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txJQ_sKzvjQ

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
    Heir wrote: »
    Some Everspace 2 Alpha footage. So far I'm liking what I see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txJQ_sKzvjQ

And I thought the BT powercreep was ridiculous, now we're getting spaceships?! :P

LOL not the update I expected.

• HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Whoops...wrong thread.

I'll leave it up for the hilarity though. :bigfrown:

camo_sig2.png
    Ugh most of these LD banners are so painful..I have everything on this but Garland LD, but his doesn't come back for however long and if I want it I basically have to wade through pointless dupes for miles.

steam_sig.png