As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Justice of the [Chat]

VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
edited August 2020 in Debate and/or Discourse
We went to the courthouse. There were ... outfits.
The employees there were mostly dumbfounded, and managed a "Wedding?" before pointing us in the right direction.

The Justice of the Peace was a right wing lunatic who serenaded us with COVID conspiracies before bothering to get to the three minute ceremony. There were rings, there was a kiss. Then there were more stories about him crashing planes, trying to persuade us to take up golfing in Ireland, trying to get us to take up scuba diving, and telling me that fly fishing was dumb. So that went well.

Afterwards we went outside for an impromptu photoshoot courtesy of an iPhone and a gorilla-pod.

After that we celebrated with takeout Chinese, which was actually quite good.

And obviously the most important fortune cookies of our lives.

But also that fucking dress was the shiniest thing I had ever seen in my life until I saw the little bauble. And she like crackled when she walked. But also it's apparently some relatively well known British designer? But also it reminded me of the Eurovision movie

VishNub on

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Congratulations, but now Chat must judge you and determine if it was worth losing three pages of chat.
    Stand upon this box in this dimly lit room while we go get the judgement bat.
    <3

Bless your heart.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    My Dad could help you if you indeed start golfing here.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Congratulations Vish!

Those outfits are inspired!

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Is it a metaphorical bat?
    Is it a louisville slugger?
    Is it a really judgemental flying mammal?

It could be all three?

Bless your heart.
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    pshh what kind of scrub golfs in Ireland?! Scotland or nothing as I always say.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Incredibly good wedding fashion going on.

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    pshh what kind of scrub golfs in Ireland?! Scotland or nothing as I always say.

He had opinions on that as well, that he was happy to share

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

This must be a joke because nobody could be that silly on so many levels.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Congratulations, but now Chat must judge you and determine if it was worth losing three pages of chat.
    Stand upon this box in this dimly lit room while we go get the judgement bat.
    <3
    No need. I have judged and found FishNoob worthy.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Couscous how dare you post shock images.

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I verify my gender every morning.

Sometimes twice.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Celebratory Vishnub anime [chat]

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    @VishNub that dress!!!! I absolutely love it and yes it looks like it belongs in a music video but definitely a fun music video with great costumes.
    Your outfit is also good but like...not shiny.

Congratulations again!

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Yes Vish you could've been shinier

Keep this in mind for your next wedding

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    <3 Congratulations again!!! You both look super happy :biggrin:

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    That orange chicken doesn't look half bad, either

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
    It is so hilariously bad.

Tubgirl: Male: 1.90% Female: 98.10%

Akari: Male: 68.40% Female: 31.60%

Yui: Male: 47.10% Female: 52.90%

Yeah it is making me smile a lot looking at these photos

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Why does Watchmen get listed as a limited series but Mandalorian is a "drama"?

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Congratulations Vishnub!!!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
    I thought you were flipping somebody off in the photo showing off the rings

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Couscous wrote: »
    I thought you were flipping somebody off in the photo showing off the rings

*looks closer*

Oh. It's not flipping the bird.

credeiki wrote: »

Yeah it is making me smile a lot looking at these photos

I kept trying to rephrase this in my post but basically

it's nice to see people doing like, normal life events in resistance against the 2020 trashfire (even if said trashfire was what led them to a courthouse wedding with an idiot Justice of the Peace)

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    VishNub wrote: »
    But also that fucking dress was the shiniest thing I had ever seen in my life until I saw the little bauble. And she like crackled when she walked. But also it's apparently some relatively well known British designer? But also it reminded me of the Eurovision movie

What a fortunate sequins of events!

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Couscous wrote: »
    It is so hilariously bad.

Tubgirl: Male: 1.90% Female: 98.10%

Akari: Male: 68.40% Female: 31.60%

Yui: Male: 47.10% Female: 52.90%

Oh, I think it’s not ‘verification‘ (whatever that means here) it’s just a classification algorithm trained on a dataset of usernames and labels

That seems kinda insufficient for a standalone product but I get why it’s useful. I did a really cheesy rules-based username gendering algorithm a long time ago when I wanted to do some analytics on LoL data by gender. The best way to use this sort of think is to determine if any individual person is male or female; it’s to create two categories of users, one with a likely higher proportion of men, one with a likely higher proportion of women, and figure out the differences in their (purchasing, clicking, engagement) behavior.
    Even if the one group is 55% men and the other is 45% men you might still be able to get some insight.

And if you do have gendered ads, you might think might as well use something like this, but I’d say probably better not because people really find it jarring to get ads targeted at the wrong gender, and the algorithm is too unreliable.

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Also amusing

“Does anyone here object?”
    *crickets*
    *looks around the empty courtroom*
    “Oh.”

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Weather is so nice today. The wind turned around and is coming off the sea rather than the damnéd east.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Oh god today has been an hour and a half of actual work and the rest of the day has been meetings. And more meetings. And more meetings.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    vish that dress is the greatest thing i've seen all week

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Vishnub not actual ray finned fish very disappointed in this lobe finned privilege

(Congraaaaats vish u r v handsome and i want chinese food now)

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    also who is this lady and where is the fish from the other pictures you said you were going to marry?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

This thing is 100% someones homework from machine learning 101.

Achewood just gets more relevant all the time
    (This one plus the next few)
    http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05082002
    comic.php?date=05082002

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

Obviously

Male is normal, anything else is defined by exception

(I meant that as a joke but actually that probably legitimately is the rule that this thing has derived from its training set)

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Congrats!

Now play Jaja Ding Dong.

Mazzyx wrote: »
    Oh god today has been an hour and a half of actual work and the rest of the day has been meetings. And more meetings. And more meetings.

So I had a meeting with the state IRB for the project I’m no longer even doing. Beforehand we asked what we should bring to the meeting or prepare, they say oh nothing, you’re fine.
    We call in and they’re like oh usually we have people give a presentation about their project and then we ask questions, so, I don’t know who your spokesperson is, but you have the floor.
    The state gov guy from my team gives a brief intro and then is like ‘and now I’ll hand it over to [credeiki]’, whereupon I gave an impromptu speech on the goals and methodology project I haven’t thought about for months.
    Then it was asked if they had any questions, and they had no questions (note: they rejected our application last time so I was expecting questions about data privacy or whatever).

What was that even and what would my team do if they didn’t have me on it? There are not tons of people in my world who understand analytics methodology and also feel comfortable improvisationally speaking on the topic.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Congrats!

Now play Jaja Ding Dong.

tenor.gif

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    Neco wrote: »

I mean not joking though

I would guess it’s more likely for men to have nonsense usernames than women, because in aggregate on average women are often a bit more thoughtful about that sort of thing

However I doubt that’s why that algorithm is working as it is

This discussion has been closed.