As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Justice of the [Chat]

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    aaaaa this is hurting more than it should

keep getting reminders from meetup.com about events at a pub not too far away. apparently tonight is Wargame Night. Tomorrow is Boardgames. etc...

what kind of irresponsible fuckwits are going to these events.

and going to events like that is what I want most in the world right now but can't have. i only signed up on meetup to try and find virtual game nights but so far no luck. and its been weeks since even one other person has had time to get a game on remotely.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I mean ideally fly fishing from a boat in the gulf, right?

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Looking for an ISP that has real upload speeds is horrifying. I have to spend over $400/mo in my area for a fiber drop at symmetrical 100Mbps.

Comcast's gigabit plan is capped at ~ ~ ~ 3 5 ~ ~ ~ Mbps what in the absolute fuck?

Psn:wazukki
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i got an email recently that the richmond d&d meetup was being shut down for inactivity unless i wanted to take it over

i hadn't interacted with it in probably 12 years

that felt very sad

also i did not take it over

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Hm phone call from recruiter after I dropped my resume on LinkedIn
    I shouldn’t get hopes up but I like thinking that someone else is potentially job hunting on my behalf
    ...I also unwisely disclosed my current salary, saying that I am being paid under market, and she agreed and thought that I probably should be making 20-50k more than I do, given the job duties/skill set/qualifications
    rip

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    ...I didn’t know you could do that.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    Looking for an ISP that has real upload speeds is horrifying. I have to spend over $400/mo in my area for a fiber drop at symmetrical 100Mbps.

Comcast's gigabit plan is capped at ~ ~ ~ 3 5 ~ ~ ~ Mbps what in the absolute fuck?

i am surprised comcast hasn't been sued over their advertised vs actual speeds

i would not be surprised to learn they have been and they won because the general state of affairs with private telecoms is abysmal but

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    They'll just say they only advertise download speeds

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    That awkward situation where management says I'm entitled to a thing, but the union came back and said I'm not entitled to a thing.

I mean like...if management is going to give me it anyway, great!

But uh...I need some clarification on why the union thinks otherwise.

This sounds like the dumbest union ever. Isn't their whole purpose to advocate for you?

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    My school is requiring staff and students to wear masks when they come back

and I'm glad for this, but also very concerned we're gonna have people cutting slits and holes and shit, not to mention kids just unable to keep the dang things on.

zepherin wrote: »

🤯

Inshore trout, reds, snook, jacks, tarpon, etc...

Offshore a lot of the same plus dolphin/mahi, spanish Mack’s, tuna, etc...

You’re not gonna get like, grouper coming up but

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

i would not be surprised to learn they have been and they won because the general state of affairs with private telecoms is abysmal but

But like 1000/35 is what they're advertising!

Naturally it will be worse!

This is truly one of the most unpleasant tasks I've had in my years at this company. I might just have to make the business case for fiber and convince the owner to pony up because there's just no fucking competition anywhere

Psn:wazukki
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Either my gut is doing the bad things or the cupcakes in the break room this morning had excessive food coloring in them because I pooped and it was very green with a hint of blue. Feels like a bit of quick turnaround between eating and colored poop but bodies are basically junk so it wouldn't surprise me.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »
    That awkward situation where management says I'm entitled to a thing, but the union came back and said I'm not entitled to a thing.

I mean like...if management is going to give me it anyway, great!

But uh...I need some clarification on why the union thinks otherwise.

This sounds like the dumbest union ever. Isn't their whole purpose to advocate for you?

my guess would be more senior people in the union not having the same perk would be a big problem for them

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    zepherin wrote: »

🤯

Inshore trout, reds, snook, jacks, tarpon, etc...

Offshore a lot of the same plus dolphin/mahi, spanish Mack’s, tuna, etc...

You’re not gonna get like, grouper coming up but

Galaxy brain

Chanus wrote: »

But like 1000/35 is what they're advertising!

Naturally it will be worse!

This is truly one of the most unpleasant tasks I've had in my years at this company. I might just have to make the business case for fiber and convince the owner to pony up because there's just no fucking competition anywhere

oh they're advertising that?

jesus

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    alright vish we got proof that women want you but i'm still gonna citation needed the fish fear me

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    And there is the downpour I knew was coming.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Elendil wrote: »
    alright vish we got proof that women want you but i'm still gonna citation needed the fish fear me

technically woman

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    vish will tell you
    fishing in the gulf is best done with a classic mcdonalds straw.

Bless your heart.
    woman wants me
    fish maybe fear me the data are still out

TTODewback wrote: »
    vish will tell you

No I wont

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Huh we have clear skies here
    Or like somewhat cloudy but not pre-rain looking

Steam, LoL: credeiki
    edited July 2020
    Elendil wrote: »

I mean I can go the park later and video the bluegill running away when I get too close?

VishNub on
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Speaking of internet a streamer I follow is having the fibre company just straight up dig a line to his house cause he was sick of Spectrum fucking up his shit.

Wish I had that kind of cash.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

Huh we have clear skies here
    Or like somewhat cloudy but not pre-rain looking

Just had a thunderstorm blow through. Not a big one.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Ive discovered to get the house I want I need more money

How does one go about making more money during a pandemic

6BOQrCb.gif

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    welll goddamn thats awesome

also if anyone wants to play co-op tonight after 8 EST lemme know

Fishing in the gulf is best done with live shrimp.

You want to catch shit? Live shrimp.

You want to fuck around? Lures.

You want to show off? Flies.

when's it going to rain here

n7oosnctugxf.jpeg

oh

oh okay

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    vish will tell you

No I wont

shut your mouth and enjoy your spanish mackeral you heartless monster

Bless your heart.
    later this evening and

not tomorrow

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Either my gut is doing the bad things or the cupcakes in the break room this morning had excessive food coloring in them because I pooped and it was very green with a hint of blue. Feels like a bit of quick turnaround between eating and colored poop but bodies are basically junk so it wouldn't surprise me.

The cake in a boxes that are "strawberry" or "whatever the fuck bright blue is supposed to be" will turn my toilet either blue or green on exit

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    vish will tell you

No I wont

shut your mouth and enjoy your spanish mackeral you heartless monster

I mean spanish are hella dumb and you could probably tie a straw to a hook and that would work.

Fishing in the gulf is best done with live shrimp.

You want to catch shit? Live shrimp.

You want to fuck around? Lures.

You want to show off? Flies.
    When I fish in the gulf with FiL it’s with live shrimp. Most bait places don’t fuck around with anything else.

I haven't been fishing in the gulf since I was like 10 because my aunt made my uncle sell his boat after the heart attack.

Bless your heart.
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Gulf seafood = best seafood

Though I freely admit oysters and crabs are better in the PNW

I haven't been fishing in the gulf since I was like 10 because my aunt made my uncle sell his boat after the heart attack.

geez it's not like the boat caused the heart attack

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    October Faction on Netflix is better than I expected

Also manages to do a couple of interesting things with the supernatural monster hunting teens formula

This discussion has been closed.