As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Justice of the [Chat]

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I have it on good authority that humans and lobsters are a lot alike

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Winky wrote: »
    I have it on good authority that humans and lobsters are a lot alike

Lobster dna is 96% like humans that’s why they put lipstick on lobsters for testing (not red lipstick because you couldn’t tell after boiling).

Lobsters live in water (100%) and cucumber is 90% water - it’s mathematically true then that humans are 86.4% cucumber

PSN: Honkalot
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    AMC blinked
    Universal Pictures and AMC Theatres have put aside a bitter feud and signed a multi-year agreement that will allow the studio’s films to premiere on premium video on-demand within three weeks of their theatrical debuts.

The pact, sure to send shockwaves throughout the exhibition industry, has the potential to reshape the ways that movies are marketed and distributed. Rival studios are likely to begin pushing for exhibitors to grant them more flexibility when it comes to determining when and how their theatrical releases can make their way onto home entertainment platforms.

Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed. However, in a statement, AMC’s CEO Adam Aron said the company will “share in these new revenue streams,” which means that it will get a cut of any money made on these digital rentals. Universal only has the ability to put its movies on premium on-demand, meaning the rentals that go for roughly $20 a pop. It cannot sell films or rent them for lower on-demand fees, in the $3 to $6 range, until three months after they debut in cinemas.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Snowpiercer is that dire proletariat revolution movie they turned into a police procedural right?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Snowpiercer is that dire proletariat revolution movie they turned into a police procedural right?

It sucks and I like it

edited July 2020
    Also cucumbers are fruits

Edit: and berries!

Winky on
    Fruits of the sea

Probably these gross kelp blisters can be claimed to be berries

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I’m mad at all my videogames >:(

And everyone who has betrayed me >:(

Which is mostly videogames

Pickles are a berry

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

You feddup widdis whurl?

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Pickles are a berry

But are berries the funniest shit you've ever seen

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    AMC blinked
    Universal Pictures and AMC Theatres have put aside a bitter feud and signed a multi-year agreement that will allow the studio’s films to premiere on premium video on-demand within three weeks of their theatrical debuts.

The pact, sure to send shockwaves throughout the exhibition industry, has the potential to reshape the ways that movies are marketed and distributed. Rival studios are likely to begin pushing for exhibitors to grant them more flexibility when it comes to determining when and how their theatrical releases can make their way onto home entertainment platforms.

Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed. However, in a statement, AMC’s CEO Adam Aron said the company will “share in these new revenue streams,” which means that it will get a cut of any money made on these digital rentals. Universal only has the ability to put its movies on premium on-demand, meaning the rentals that go for roughly $20 a pop. It cannot sell films or rent them for lower on-demand fees, in the $3 to $6 range, until three months after they debut in cinemas.

you mean I can watch movies at home after a month or so without having to deal with theater crowds being fucking annoying?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

I have finished Shadows of War, which is basically a pale cash grab imitiation of the first one, and have now moved on to Vampyr.

They've certainly tried something with this one, not sure what it is. At least it's atmospheric? But damn is the combat janky. The hardest enemy in the game is the camera.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    apparently youtube thinks that the best suggestion for "watch next" after a vid about what to use for stripping the paint off of plastic miniatures is "the women who are stripping off for men's rights"
    the stripping is a coincidence

the algorithm just assumes that if you're into miniatures you're MRA and horny

My games now are still GTFO - pretty sure I have over 100 hours in it now. The jury is in and it’s the best co-op game of the past decade*.

And Ghost of Tsushima which started out fun and I’d say now has gotten very super fun.

* if you fill the specific criteria to play it enjoyably which is having a static crew willing to play every week

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    so like

theaters are dead now right

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Hmm oxygen not included is fun

It’s a very tight outward spiral of complexity, food and oxygen are “solved” but create problems in water and heat

Solving those will create problems of sprawl and inefficiency

Also a dupe destroyed my base by accidentally puncturing my water silo and flooded several levels so I save scummed

Ironman this game would be hard!

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I don't know how good gulf oysters are on their own, but I've had chargrilled oysters in a lot of places, and none of them compare to the chargrilled oysters at Drago's in New Orleans, which are among the top five things I've ever put in my mouth.

vRyue2p.png
    I am solving heat by pumping a large reservoir of salt water through a magic cold machine in radiant pipes and then piping that water throughout my freshwater silo and hot spots in my base

Cold air wasn’t transferring enough heat so I flooded the area below the cold machine and now pipe the saltwater through that too

Gradually my crops are cooling down to the point where they’ll grow again

THAT would have been a real problem but I had just planted a bunch of heat tolerant salt water lettuce

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Atomika wrote: »
    Gulf seafood = best seafood

Though I freely admit oysters and crabs are better in the PNW

Lololol

@Atomika

tyrannus on
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I spent the last three hours relearning Excel functions so I could be marginally more efficient playing a video game

I ended up with a monster of a function that, while inelegant and presumably suboptimal, made me pump my fists in the air when it worked

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Congratulations, @VishNub !!!

thatassemblyguy on
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I don't care enough about movies to watch them in theaters, so other people shouldn't care either

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    the ONI metagame according to the youtubes seems to be to race for steel and plastic using the starting resources as a runway, and then only pivoting to sustainability

aRkpc.gif
    Actually I’m the best seafood
    If you know what I mean :winky:

I don’t know what I mean

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Fuck I miss going out to restaurants :c

vRyue2p.png
    I am solving heat by pumping a large reservoir of salt water through a magic cold machine in radiant pipes and then piping that water throughout my freshwater silo and hot spots in my base

Cold air wasn’t transferring enough heat so I flooded the area below the cold machine and now pipe the saltwater through that too

THAT would have been a real problem but I had just planted a bunch of heat tolerant salt water lettuce

I was reading chat backwards and thought this was something you were doing in your actual home, and I was momentarily so proud

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    so i got a free copy of my credit report as part of the refi i'm doing

my score is good, not the best, but good enough to get the best rates or whatever

the negative points against me are "amount owed on revolving accounts is too high" and "proportion of balances to credit limits is too high on revolving accounts"

we have a single credit card and we pay it off every single month and have never carried a balance on it so

??????

stupid fucking system

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I don’t know what I mean

It means you are fish.

now be afraid of Vishnub.

Naild it

zepherin on
    I want to go to a museum

I was reading chat backwards and thought this was something you were doing in your actual home, and I was momentarily so proud

Well if I had magic cold machines I’d probably use them to stop global warming, not cool my house

Well if I had magic cold machines I’d probably use them to stop global warming, not cool my house

I dunno, I have a magic cold machine that cools my house

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    shark you may to request a higher credit limit on the card(s) you use, they seem to care a lot about the amount you have charged/amount you are able to charge

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

those magic cold machines gotta be causing some kind of terrible shit to happen somewhere

they are even called "Anti Entropy Thermo-Nullifier". Entropy does not suffer being flexed with. Someone is paying that bill.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

those magic cold machines gotta be causing some kind of terrible shit to happen somewhere

they are even called "Anti Entropy Thermo-Nullifier". Entropy does not suffer being flexed with. Someone is paying that bill.

All of that energy goes directly to the dupes' bladders.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »
    That awkward situation where management says I'm entitled to a thing, but the union came back and said I'm not entitled to a thing.

I mean like...if management is going to give me it anyway, great!

But uh...I need some clarification on why the union thinks otherwise.

This sounds like the dumbest union ever. Isn't their whole purpose to advocate for you?

It's regarding collective bargaining agreement interpretation.

I'm trying to get them to give me their opinion on whether a particular Article applies to me, or that I'm reading it correctly.

I, apparently, managed to successfully convince my management that I'm reading it correctly, but apparently my union's National outfit (the local that responded to my email mentioned they send interpretation questions up the chain to National), replied with an opposing interpretation, but without any explanation.

So now I'm asking if they could explain how they reached their interpretation, because I'm not finding any support for it in the CBA itself.

Come to think of it, I should probably short circuit this entire process and just run for a Union steward position.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    a glimpse at the madness

e6E18yM.jpg

If i wanted to make this cleaner I have several possible issues

1. the entry data isn't clean enough to use DB functions on
    2. Google Sheets doesn't support doing what I need in a single DB function, and probably isn't more elegant with more than one
    3. I don't know how!

The upshot of this method is that I can enter new sales in plaintext (important for another purpose on another sheet), and this will read what I entered and automatically calculate my cost into the top. I've been doing this manually with all the other sheets and this time wanted to see if I could remember how Excel (or Google Sheets in this case) could make things more automated. Turns out a decade of rust does come off, mostly, eventually.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
This discussion has been closed.