As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Arknights] Drillelectric Banner & Paid Anniv G5*!

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    A thing vagrant has been waiting for

Pictured: Investing in Swire and her Skins according to the 'meta' community that doesn't use nor invest in their waifus and/or husbandos.

iu0X5sm.jpg

And yeah, I'm really looking forward to those skins.

let he who has not a single meta unit cast the first stone

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Fuck yeah that feels good. Nian in 60 pulls. Only 6* unit I got but WHO CARES cause it was the right one.
    Only had to use 12000 orundum since I had a 10 pull kicking around and bought out the yellow cert ticket packs.
    Totally forgot there was another 10 pull ticket in my inbox though from anniversary gifts. Oh well, guess I'll save that for Bagpipe.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

Technically I got everything.

Also I now have no resources for pulls forever.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Took a break most of this month, came back for Ch'en outfit... found the 10-pull ticket. Got two 6*s off the new banner.

Blaze and Aak. I don't think I'm allowed to complain here.

My 6* lineup is insane.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I saw there was a free 10 roll so I logged in and got aak.

Would probably be more useful for me than Nian since I have Hoshi and Saria already E2ed and Nian seems more waifu than particularly better than either of them. Aak seems really weird tho.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Tbh both the 6*'s for this banner seem pretty gimmicky compared to more solid staples.

edited July 2020
    Nian's skills seem easy enough to build around but not irreplacable, Aak is 100% gimmick.

That straight up +ally block buff she has is definitely useful.

Polaritie on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I spent my rocks and got Aak. Not sure if I'll roll again before the banner is over. I kinda want Bagpipe.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    edited July 2020
    Yeah, from what I've seen, if you're on the fence at all, this is definitely a skip banner. Aak is mostly for doing crazy meme things like making funny Youtube videos of what crazy things some operators can do in very specific situations. Nian is a great defender; if you like Cuora, her S2 is basically Cuora on steroids. If you like AoE guards, her S3 makes them even nuttier. Also, it being a double 5* banner sucks. Don't let limited time unit hype get you.

Otherwise, Bagpipe is supposed to be the next "new unit" banner I think. Something like the end of August or first week of September; this celebration is a little longer than the usual ones. She's a way bigger upgrade over the 1-Block Vanguards than Nian is over the usual Defenders. Like Bagpipe is basically a Guard trying to fool us into thinking she's a Vanguard.

Lorek on
    Lorek wrote: »
    Yeah, from what I've seen, if you're on the fence at all, this is definitely a skip banner. Aak is mostly for doing crazy meme things like making funny Youtube videos of what crazy things some operators can do in very specific situations. Nian is a great defender; if you like Cuora, her S2 is basically Cuora on steroids. If you like AoE guards, her S3 makes them even nuttier. Also, it being a double 5* banner sucks. Don't let limited time unit hype get you.

Otherwise, Bagpipe is supposed to be the next "new unit" banner I think. Something like the end of August or first week of September; this celebration is a little longer than the usual ones. She's a way bigger upgrade over the 1-Block Vanguards than Nian is over the usual Defenders. Like Bagpipe is basically a Guard trying to fool us into thinking she's a Vanguard.

So Siege-lite?

Don't be absurd Siege is a vanguard fooling us into thinking she's a nuke caster that also blocks 2.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Bagpipe is what happens when Vigna and Grani do the Fusion Dance and then power up to Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. She's also Nino from Quintessential Quintuplets and/or Kiryu Coco from Hololive.

On-hit DP generator with way more damage than Vigna/Reed, Block-2 skill like Grani, and who AoEs. Her passive also gives a 6-8 SP boost on deployment to all other Vanguards leading to near instant drop DP generation skills which is a gamechanger on Contingency Contract stages with reduced DP generation.

Ceobe comes before Bagpipe

Also iirc the biggest reason Bagpipe is valuable is that one of her talents adds an additional amount of sp to any vanguard on deploy, which primarily means Myrtle and Elysium can activate their dp gen almost immediately after deployment

That she's a wrecking ball with her skills up is icing on the cake

Polaritie wrote: »
    Lorek wrote: »

So Siege-lite?

More like Siege-plus? She's 1 less DP, has more HP and more ATK. Her skill 3 lets her block 2 if you need it and attack 3 times, so she's got the AoE thing kinda going too.
    And her talent basically turbo boosts Myrtle or DP-generation vanguards; Bagpipes gives SP+6 (or +8 if you have enough dupes), so Myrtle comes out of the gate at 19-21 of 22 on her skill 1.

edited July 2020
    She's also Nino from Quintessential Quintuplets and/or Kiryu Coco from Hololive.

really wish people would stop spreading this dumb meme tbh

it's one thing if a character is actually an expy like Char clones or the characters in FE:Fates but seeing superficial comparisons off 1 common characteristic repeated ad nauseum (not here, just in general) is incredibly annoying

anyways, got everyone in 4 10-pulls so everything went better than expected

unknown.png?width=1073&height=627

Orphane on
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I bought the Ch'en skin and then rolled on the Ch'en banner once to see if fate would be kind to me.

Spooked by Skadi, which is.... fine. It's fine! Skadi is fine
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I'll get Ch'en eventually, right? At least she's in the ani pick ticket, right?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Don't forget to open up those red envelopes from daily log-in. I got 500 and 800 Orundum from the two today, no idea what else they can contain.

Madican wrote: »
    Don't forget to open up those red envelopes from daily log-in. I got 500 and 800 Orundum from the two today, no idea what else they can contain.

I believe its either 200,400,600, or 800. And the first one is a guaranteed 800.

Btw after doing some napkin math on the half anniversay packs the special is $30 for roughly 96 yellow rocks worth of stuff + 1k furniture parts and the resource is $50 for roughly 138-139 yellow rocks worth of stuff if you take a 130 sanity cap
    normally buying yellow rocks outright $30 gets you 50 yellow rocks and $50 gets you 90

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    My free 10 pull on the Nyan banner got me... GreyThroat. I feel like I've been hit by a very specific Gacha curse where my high star pull rates are fine enough, but on banner stuff is out of the question.

I also can't pull a Myrtle potential to save my life, SO MUCH TRASH. 4th pull on Ambriel this time.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    G5 only

Single 1: 4*
    Single 2: 4*
    Single 3: 4*
    Single 4: 4*
    Single 5: 4*
    Single 10: Hung

#SaveForCeobe

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited July 2020
    G5 only

#SaveForCeobe

the issue with the "just borrow her from friends save for Ceobe/Bagpipe" strat is that you still need someone to bite the bullet, roll her, and put her up as a support

Orphane on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I haven't played much lately but I jumped in and spent the free ten draw ticket and got Nian so that feels pretty good

Orphane wrote: »
    #SaveForCeobe

the issue with the "just borrow her from friends save for Ceobe/Bagpipe" strat is that you still need someone to bite the bullet, roll her, and put her up as a support
    I just don't think she's that important. There's some edge case shit she helps with but that's only really relevant if you're pushing past R18 in CC.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Orphane wrote: »
    G5 only

#SaveForCeobe

Oh oh this is me! I pulled Nian and immediately put her into a Support slot. She's only E1 70, skill 7 but all I need are red certs and money now for E2. Should only take a day or two.
    Also, I totally forgot about Ceobe, she'll probably be first before Bagpipe won't she.

Back on doing promos
    TXaOFlVl.jpg

Shame you're not supposed to field her + Angelina

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Damn it, I knew there was someone I wanted to E2 that I had forgotten about. Thanks; have to do that after I finish up Nian.

edited July 2020
    So... they sent out a second 10-pull ticket?

...I threw that at the Nian banner because why not. And got Hellagur. Stop whiffing Nian with great 6*s I don't have yet! :P.

...There's now only 5 of them I don't have though.

Polaritie on
    Yeah, apparently the JP side went nuts and was the top grossing app on iOS for a little bit. So they gave out a 10 pull as a thank you.
    This is why JP gets big epic streams and we get Bargain Bob's webcast, I guess.
    Oh well, more for the new Bagpipe hoard.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Blew the ticket instantly for a burning bag and Nian. She's basically the only truly limited Operator so no regrets, I can get Bagpipe later. Plus when someone is described as Cuora on steroids that makes her pretty amazing.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I threw the second 10 pull at Ch'en's banner. 4 star bag.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ppnn6TX3U
    Today's single pull ticket did get me a Myrtle potential FINALLY. So that was something.

Oh and then I got a Swire dupe, as was foretold in my prophetic stone tablets. The good news to these endless shit pulls is that they're building up my 6 star chance instead of killing it like Magallan did twice in a row.

Ahhh yeah, that's the stuff.
    gj0IMjx.jpg

this one really takes the cake for most disturbing thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtWqCbUUjZo

The Nian dream for me is dead, unless I desire to inject cash later.

Attempt #2 with the given freebies: Hoshiguma spook. You're the wrong Defender.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Came back to get Ch'en's costume, noticed the free 10 pulls (do this more often please), got Nian in 35 pulls, had to dip into my premium currency but overall that feels like great luck.

Is the AF-8 event stage worth farming or just one clear for o-prime and event tokens?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Came back to get Ch'en's costume, noticed the free 10 pulls (do this more often please), got Nian in 35 pulls, had to dip into my premium currency but overall that feels like great luck.

Is the AF-8 event stage worth farming or just one clear for o-prime and event tokens?

AF-8 is about on par with 3-3, but AF-7 (Loxic Kohl) might be? It's 10 less sanity per item, but that's if you're looking purely at the Loxic Kohl. I don't know how it maths out if you include the extra drops from "failed" runs as still worth while.

oh there's more than one event map? I guess I should have figured that out from the number but they don't really point you to them

BahamutZERO.gif
    edited August 2020
    oh there's more than one event map? I guess I should have figured that out from the number but they don't really point you to them

It took me a bit of extra thinking but if you go to the event page and then click on the sections of the wheel they will point you to the various event stages

Orphane on
    haha that's awful UI design

BahamutZERO.gif