As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We've been playing [Animal Crossing] for how long now!?!

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Ugh. Stag Run 2 has issues. Stupid butterflies won’t stop spawning despite me picking all the flowers and it being after when they are supposed to spawn.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Cole will be boxed up on our island tomorrow if anyone wants a toothy bunny.

• Options
    PirateQueenPirateQueen Registered User regular
    Unfortunately don't at the moment @mts , but will message you if I find one ; )

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Ugh. Stag Run 2 has issues. Stupid butterflies won’t stop spawning despite me picking all the flowers and it being after when they are supposed to spawn.

Depending on how many Nook Tix you feel like spending, there IS a beetle-only island.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »

Depending on how many Nook Tix you feel like spending, there IS a beetle-only island.

I doubt I’d ever get it. There are still several of the rare islands I’ve never encountered.

These butterflies won’t stop spawning and I am getting frustrated. I’ve even uprooted all the flower stems and the blasted bugs keep reappearing. I did not have this problem at all yesterday!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    I was on the hunt for beetle island or fin fish island and still havent seen them. I've tried to combine my island hopping with villager searching, though, so I haven't in a while.

• Options
    Stag Hunt 2 failed. I went hope and swam around and caught the horseshoe crab, which is the last underwater critter I needed from July. I kept going for a second but did not find one.

Tomorrow I’ll try Stag Hunt 3.

• Options
    amethystoakamethystoak Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    So, my main idea for my fireworks viewing spot is to have an oversized blanket out to sit on. I'm planning on decorating the area with colorful nova lights, crescent moon chairs, and colorful flowers. I'm having trouble finding a cute colorful blanket pattern, though. Have any of you come across any? This is what I have so far. Needs more color. ^_^
    v1o9hao5p7pm.jpg

amethystoak on
  • Options
    Have you checked ACQR on reddit? You can search it for blanket and get tons of ones with designer codes!

• Options
    Have you checked ACQR on reddit? You can search it for blanket and get tons of ones with designer codes!

Oooh that is a subreddit that I had not discovered yet. Thank you!

• Options
    Omg. I just took a quick peek over there. This is going to be a serious problem for me and this 50 design slot limit. :P

• Options
    Omg. I just took a quick peek over there. This is going to be a serious problem for me and this 50 design slot limit. :P

Yeah I’m super low on spots... I might try your blanket idea though.

• Options
    So, my main idea for my fireworks viewing spot is to have an oversized blanket out to sit on. I'm planning on decorating the area with colorful nova lights, crescent moon chairs, and colorful flowers. I'm having trouble finding a cute colorful blanket pattern, though. Have any of you come across any? This is what I have so far. Needs more color. ^_^
    v1o9hao5p7pm.jpg

Get color by using Cushions and customizing them.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    v1o9hao5p7pm.jpg

or towels?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    v1o9hao5p7pm.jpg

or towels?

Well a towel is about the most massively useful thing you could have....

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    LOL wise words indeed - certainly hope your pub will serve Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters next time we visit @Ken O ; )

• Options
    People on reddit are already posting fireworks pictures, but the update isn't showing up for me yet. I haven't had to exercise patience like this in long time. 😂

• Options
    Awww there isn’t a random dream island button. You have to get a code :(

• Options
    DA-3096-4135-9965

• Options
    Here’s mine even though most of you have been to the island for real.

DA-2320-1691-8090

• Options
    Best part is waking up from the dreams.

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    No random dreams? Boooo

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    DA-2785-3615-7410

:D

• Options
    Oh, it's interesting that you can't bring items though! That could mean you could build one heck of a maze/obstacle course

Though.. Dropped items in the dream island don't carry over, do they? @akjak did you have any items in your pick up area when logging the dream?

signature.png
  • Options
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Oh, it's interesting that you can't bring items though! That could mean you could build one heck of a maze/obstacle course

Though.. Dropped items in the dream island don't carry over, do they? @akjak did you have any items in your pick up area when logging the dream?

No, I cleaned up before uploading

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Ah! That bears testing then... because then you could set out certain tools but not others, enhancing the obstacle course/maze, if they do persist :D

It was eerie seeing "you" walking around though, and my first time meeting "Nobody" too

This was the perfect wake up image

1vhtdtqn56np.png

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Do we have to do anything to backup our island?

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Ken O wrote: »
    Do we have to do anything to backup our island?

On the title screen there was something when you press the minus button but I clicked past it too quickly.

• Options
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Ah! That bears testing then... because then you could set out certain tools but not others, enhancing the obstacle course/maze, if they do persist :D

It was eerie seeing "you" walking around though, and my first time meeting "Nobody" too

This was the perfect wake up image

1vhtdtqn56np.png

Holy shit, Nobody was walking around?!

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

Forgot to clean up DIYs but I'll fix that tomorrow.

• Options
    I lived in Massachusetts for a few years, and I’m ashamed it took me so long to realize what “Glosta” was. I even went diving there all the time!

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I lived in Massachusetts for a few years, and I’m ashamed it took me so long to realize what “Glosta” was. I even went diving there all the time!

Every time I post about my turnip prices or meteor showers on FB most of my family gets very confused.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    After an evening of hopping around some dream islands on reddit, this is by far the most disturbing thing I've come across (I didn't make note of the dream address, sorry.) :
    zg2ymj9o99fp.jpg

And this island has been the cutest.
    4qrg3oif7v4w.jpg

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Update didn't fix the island sadly, it's dead and gone.

They patched in, with this update, the ability to save/backup your island. Of course they would do this after the previous update fucks my island. Of fucking course.

I'm so fucking furious, I have no words. I won't be restarting though. I can't redo 200 hours of lost progress. I just can't.

Edit: This has legitimately upset me in a way various other things haven't. It should have always been in the game from the start. Including the fact each player should have been able to make their own island.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    Well my 75% probability of a spike has turned into a 100% probability of a decline, so will be hoping someone gets a decent turnip price in the next couple of days.

On a happier note, thanks to @PirateQueen 's generous gold nugget gift I made my long-desired gold armor set, and it brought me good luck immediately! Finally got one of the sneaky bounders without getting bitten.

nlfrv09gjr6k.jpg

• Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    9pm, opening up 100 Acres. Celeste is trapped on the sw beach. No meteors as yet.

• Options
    TY for the Celeste recipe @Evermourn - you're a lifesaver : )

Checked out honeydew island as you recommended @amethystoak , but may have been a mistake to do it while listening to the Sandman (still cute, but also spooky = / , also realized where Judy's eye design comes from)
    Enter then, pussy cat, but be warned - dreams have their price

I walked on, but the scent on the air was strange
    I walked forward slowly, every sense screaming at me to flee this place

My fur prickled, my claws extended

And then, I stood before him
    The Dream Lord

His eyes are dark pools at the center of which dwells a single star
    rsp9k55p1tpi.jpeg

• Options
    Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    So I went to 100 Acres and chugged 50 Mountain Dews with Jitters before visiting Celeste. She gave me a DIY for a wand that looks surprisingly like a lead pipe. Now this may be the massive amounts of caffeine talking, but I think she wants me to whack somebody. Perhaps her brother in the museum. Perhaps Mr. Body in the conservatory.

NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    I'm just going to say it. People who put villager photos next to graves when the villager moves out are weird.

• Options
    So if someone visits your dream island you get a dream bell ticket in the mail which you can sell for 5K bells at the shop. I wonder if it is just one ticket per day or per visit because if it is per visit I could see that exploited pretty easily.