As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We've been playing [Animal Crossing] for how long now!?!

• Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    Ok, got my first pirate gullivar visit. Easy enough!

Does anyone have an ironwood dresser DIY? I can't make the cabinets without and my pizza restaurant just looks silly with no cabinets.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Two things this morning.
    1: I've been giving villagers MST3K quotes as catchphrases and greetings. Ribbot's is Hikeeba. When he says it is actually sounds like he is saying it!
    2: On my daily gifting, I've gone back to wrapped Iron Wall lamps for villagers who I don't really care about their interior. Today two of them gave me wallpapers as return gifts. I have never gotten wallpaper as a return gift before. Possibly due to the update?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    I'm just going to say it. People who put villager photos next to graves when the villager moves out are weird.

I agree. You put the photos next to graves BEFORE they even think of moving out. This is a friendly reminder that friends forever means 4EVER!!! <maniacal laugh>

NNID = Zepp914
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    But it's just Bells. I mean there are plenty of ways to get millions of bells.

Just as I was responding, this happened....

VYGp91Jl.jpg

gxL7pP0l.jpg

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Senna1Senna1 Registered User regular
    Some of these islands are crazy.

Like, I'm going to be pretty happy when I manage to breed some blue roses, keep my island weed-free, and catch some fish that aren't black bass or horse mackerel.

Isabelle complained that I have to many trees and our island is too "rustic" yesterday... :lol:

• PirateQueenPirateQueen Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Post codes for the craziest islands pls @Senna1 ?
    : )
    I really like rustic islands TBH - Isabelle has no taste!

Also, Coco is 100% right, I'm rich! Yay! Tnx again @Ken O : D

PirateQueen on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    I don't know if I trust Luna.

fu6sphcgk4w4.jpg
    3bct46f0kqwq.jpg
    jbv0fv157ojb.jpg

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Meanwhile, here I am building a large graveyard for Lucky to live in. It doesn't have villager photos in it though!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Isla Cero is available via dreaming. (see signature)

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • CullenCullen Registered User regular
  • ShubNiggurathShubNiggurath Arkham, MARegistered User regular
    Mine is DA-0822-2466-5789

High Priestess Ubb of the island of Yhe Abyss
    VillagerDB Wish List
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Does anyone what to make a spreadsheet for the dream addresses? If you do I'll add it to the OP.

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Isabelle-announced meteor shower over Glosta tonight. Probably gonna open up around 8pm Eastern or so.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Does anyone what to make a spreadsheet for the dream addresses? If you do I'll add it to the OP.

My understanding is that dream addresses are not static. If I were to make changes and upload my island again, the code will be different?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • amethystoakamethystoak Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »

My understanding is that dream addresses are not static. If I were to make changes and upload my island again, the code will be different?

That's a good question. I assume they stay the same, because they put the DA number on your passport. But I haven't re-saved mine yet so I can't confirm.

Great idea @Toxic Toys !
    Could it be just an additional column we can edit in the Friends Info list?

Can't give you my DA yet because I'm making a super secret Frozen Puzzle Maze

But I'm looking forward to dream visiting all of your islands : )
    (finally gonna steal your awesome occult patterns @ShubNiggurath :p)

Great idea @Toxic Toys !
    Could it be just an additional column we can edit in the Friends Info list?

That is a really good idea. Do you remember who made the Friends list?

*excitement!*

I've been kind of disappointed by this feature. It only shares original designs from that person, not all the design codes for the designs that they've saved to use on their island. So its basically just the same as knowing someone's creator code.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    Luna won’t let me dream about my own island. RUDE!

Or maybe she’s just trying to prevent some sort of ‘Being John Malkovich’-esque tragedy...

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Luna freaks me out. Why is she the only one with boobs? Did she steal everyone's boobs while they were sleeping?

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    Do you remember who made the Friends list?
    No idea - sorry Toxic!
    Anyone else remember?

Maybe Luna stole my memories... at least she didn't get my boobs! : P

For the record, the Pharaoh Mask is just as "cursed" as it has been in previous iterations. Always fun to faceplant while running.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Do you remember who made the Friends list?
    No idea - sorry Toxic!
    Anyone else remember?

Maybe Luna stole my memories... at least she didn't get my boobs! : P

She’s welcome to mine.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    If we are to dream, can there at least be flying monkeys and maybe a tornado? At the very least have my teeth fall out or have all the villagers point out that I went to school without my pants.

I don't think I will be using this feature again.

NNID = Zepp914
    GONG-00 wrote: »

That's a good question. I assume they stay the same, because they put the DA number on your passport. But I haven't re-saved mine yet so I can't confirm.

Can confirm. Your DA is your DA forever (or until you delete the dream, I guess).

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    It seems like I got the exchange ticket for uploading, not visits.

I know I had more than one dreamer yesterday, and only one dream ticket in the mail.

• ShubNiggurathShubNiggurath Arkham, MARegistered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »

I got that recipe today, as well!

High Priestess Ubb of the island of Yhe Abyss
    VillagerDB Wish List
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Hunting pearls is bullshit

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    Beezel wrote: »

Has anyone actually got one of these from anywhere other than Pascal?

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif

Yeah, I've found a few of them. It has a small shadow and doesn't move, so you'll think that you're getting an acorn barnacle. It's definitely rare, though.

I've found one once in the wild, but I don't do a lot of swimming.

Pearls feel about as rare as gold from home island rocks.

Also, have no plans for my existing supply of pearls so if someone is planning to furnish a Mermaid Room, feel free to ask.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
    Skull Land is open for the next few hours if anyone wants to come check out the new graveyard around Lucky's house. I'm also working on a pirate themed tavern/fireworks viewing venue located in far north of the island. I am still in the process of ordering items for both, but the majority of stuff is there.

• OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Oh crap, is that Lunas bed for the Dream Islands? I sold that not knowing what it was

Oakey on
    Oakey wrote: »
    Oh crap, is that Lunas bed for the Dream Islands? I sold that not knowing what it was

Any bed will work.

But... as a general rule never sell anything given to you by an “event” or NPC. They cannot be re-purchased from Nook Shopping.

there were a few update that weren't announced in the trailer. in the custom designer there is an option to look for type of designs or to mark creators as favorites. The camera for pictures also has instructions now.

• OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    Oakey wrote: »

Any bed will work.

But... as a general rule never sell anything given to you by an “event” or NPC. They cannot be re-purchased from Nook Shopping.

Thanks for the heads up

• JammersJammers Registered User regular
    I've got a meteor shower tonight. Celeste is on the Eastern side of the 3rd tier. Please also help yourself to DIY from the beach by the airport.

Gates are open

Xbox Live - Jammers007
    Nintendo Network ID - Jammers007
    3DS - 1418-6751-8378
    Steam - Jammers007
    there were a few update that weren't announced in the trailer. in the custom designer there is an option to look for type of designs or to mark creators as favorites. The camera for pictures also has instructions now.

Also, you can now HIDE THE CAMERA UI with the right stick.

So yeah... something that would have been of utmost use to me LAST WEEK.

Anyway, hooray for being able to now take “clean” video clips.