As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We've been playing [Animal Crossing] for how long now!?!

• bfickybficky Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    My wife made our youngest an Animal Crossing cake for his birthday this year:

agbnmblm4hfk.jpg

The villager beside resident services is Frobert, my son's favorite neighbor. The house on the left is pretty much exactly how his house looks in the game. My wife was a little upset at the scale of the figures vs. the buildings (she's her own harshest critic), but she did a great job.

For those curious, here are some other video game cakes she's made in the past few years:
    rol427lkwp7z.jpg
    tb9gx79dxdd5.jpg
    uu1915w7h1uu.jpg
    oixgvyh6cl5e.jpg
    qb57iw7kalhu.jpg
    mw9bphlym9ny.jpg

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    @bficky Those are completely awesome! Will she make me one for my birthday?

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • amethystoakamethystoak Registered User regular
    OMG that's amazing!

• CullenCullen Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Well if we are sharing cakes this is what my wife made for my birthday a couple of months ago.

r0u4tu1g06aw.jpeg

Not quite the same standard but I loved it. Look at them fish shadows!

EDIT: don't know why it came out sideways. Turn your heads 90 degrees :)

Cullen on
    @bficky Those are completely awesome! Will she make me one for my birthday?

After making four cakes this summer (our three kids plus the Bowser Jr. one for our godson), she's pretty caked out at the moment :P. I tease her that she's never made me one, just because my birthday is in August and she's tired of making them by then.

She has made cakes for friends' bridal showers, graduations, even a wedding, but they take her so long to do (she spent pretty much all day/night Monday-Wednesday on this AC one) that she really hasn't figured out a way to do it as a way to make money. For now it's just a hobby.

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
    edited August 2020
    Cullen wrote: Β»
    Well if we are sharing cakes this is what my wife made for my birthday a couple of months ago.

r0u4tu1g06aw.jpeg

Not quite the same standard but I loved it. Look at them fish shadows!

EDIT: don't know why it came out sideways. Turn your heads 90 degrees :)

That's great! Love the shadows.

bficky on
    Does anyone have a "pj outfit"? Any color. Before I re-save my dream island I want to make sure all of the player characters are wearing pajamas. XD

• SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Logging on to do my dailies, then I will open for.. week 6 of the touch and drop. 6! Phew~

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Does anyone have a "pj outfit"? Any color. Before I re-save my dream island I want to make sure all of the player characters are wearing pajamas. XD

Do you want PJs or nightgowns?

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    akjak wrote: Β»

Do you want PJs or nightgowns?

Just the pj outfit that you sent. Thank you so much! :D

Repose's dream address: DA-5566-2629-8336

Snagged it during a double rainbow :D

signature.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Operation Stag Queen 3: Is in effect! I settled for a small pond island as I was running out of tickets. I planted my palms first and while clear-cutting the rest of the island already had a Horned Hercules spawn, I've since caught a second and a giraffe stag, all ones that were very rare for me before. The pond doesn't seem to impact anything much. There is one pond bug in there but only the one and I'm leaving it.

Wish me luck!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    @PirateQueen Are you still looking for patterns? Definitely check out the Custom Design search option. I found all these on there. The middle one I had but to others are new and they had a lot more.
    fwvb2xp6lwwq.jpg

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I keep having to check what a Golden Stag even looks like.

I am currently of the opinion that either:

a) All the information is wrong and these bugs don't spawn at the time and place they say they do
    b) I have the worst luck in all of Animal Crossing
    c) Everyone is lying about the Golden Stag even existing.

I am leaning towards C right now.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

DA-2785-3615-7410

:D

Updated for today. The fireworks viewing spot isn't done yet. But it's a little better than it was.

HAHA! RNG GODS! I TRICKED YOU! My method of complaining on the forum always works!

I am now caught up on everything catchable for the Northern Hemisphere without time travel!

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Ok, got my first pirate gullivar visit. Easy enough!

Does anyone have an ironwood dresser DIY? I can't make the cabinets without and my pizza restaurant just looks silly with no cabinets.

I might unless mcflounder took it

camo_sig.png
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    I am now caught up on everything catchable for the Northern Hemisphere without time travel!

As someone who is themselves a Golden Stag away from this, I do have one observation:

Southern Hemisphere peeps, snowballs don't appear if your gate is open, correct? Because one of the few things I'm missing is the dung beetle, and having to wait until winter for that will be AGONIZING.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
    Celeste is here and there is a small shower happening!

Code: LH4Y6

She is contained up next to my house!

Exact star falls in spoiler below. All times island local which is on Eastern Time.
    🌠7:13 PM - :10, :13, :29, :33, :53

🌠 7:14 PM - :02, :27, :28, :31, :55

🌠 7:21 PM - :03, :14, :17, :24, :42

🌠 7:41 PM - :15, :19, :21, :46, :50

🌠 7:43 PM - :01, :06, :09, :40, :44

🌠 7:53 PM - :03, :24, :31, :39, :43

8:00 PM: πŸƒ0 🌀 Sunny

🌠 8:00 PM - :08, :13, :22, :54, :55

🌠 8:17 PM - :16, :19, :29, :30, :48

🌠 8:27 PM - :30, :37, :40, :44, :59

🌠 8:51 PM - :10, :18, :33, :37, :59

9:00 PM: πŸƒ1 β˜€ Clear/Fine

🌠 9:06 PM - :07, :11, :13, :57, :58

🌠 9:07 PM - :03, :09, :15, :21, :49

🌠 9:13 PM - :16, :19, :21, :27, :53

🌠 9:42 PM - :05, :25, :41, :54, :57

🌠 9:57 PM - :23, :35, :38, :54, :56

10:00 PM: πŸƒ4 🌀 Sunny

🌠 10:35 PM - :19, :27, :42, :44, :58

🌠 10:37 PM - :01, :02, :05, :19, :50

🌠 10:57 PM - :05, :30, :36, :56, :58

11:00 PM: πŸƒ1 β˜€ Clear/Fine

🌠 11:07 PM - :08, :43, :47, :49, :52

🌠 11:13 PM - :04, :18, :19, :27, :28

🌠 11:32 PM - :03, :04, :19, :29, :46

12:00 AM: πŸƒ4 β˜€ Clear/Fine

🌠 12:24 AM - :05, :08, :20, :32, :58

🌠 12:39 AM - :25, :30, :42, :46, :49

🌠 12:41 AM - :06, :17, :42, :46, :53

🌠 12:45 AM - :30, :48, :51, :54, :56

1:00 AM: πŸƒ2 β˜€ Clear/Fine

🌠 1:03 AM - :09, :34, :45, :48, :55

🌠 1:14 AM - :01, :14, :33, :50, :57

🌠 1:28 AM - :22, :27, :29, :54, :59

🌠 1:53 AM - :03, :09, :13, :21, :55

2:00 AM: πŸƒ2 β˜€ Clear/Fine

🌠 2:00 AM - :06, :33, :37, :40, :48

🌠 2:19 AM - :16, :20, :32, :50, :55

🌠 2:41 AM - :10, :25, :35, :36, :50

🌠 2:59 AM - :10, :11, :12, :51, :58

3:00 AM: πŸƒ4 🌀 Sunny

🌠 3:11 AM - :22, :25, :47, :51, :59

Repose is open for the evening. Thanks for your patience! It's Touch & Drop Week 6, featuring:

Orderable:
    dartboard (1)
    deluxe washer (6)
    den chair (6)
    den desk (5)
    desk mirror (6)
    desktop computer (4)
    digital alarm clock (8)
    digital scale (7)
    diner chair (7)
    diner counter chair (7)
    diner counter table (7)
    diner dining table (7)
    diner mini table (7)
    diner neon clock (7)
    diner neon sign (5)
    diner sofa (7)

Customizable non-orderable:
    decoy duck
    deer decoration
    deer scare
    destinations signpost

Non-customizable non-orderable:
    dark lily wreath
    dark rose wreath
    dark tulip wreath

signature.png
    DA-2785-3615-7410

Updated for today. The fireworks viewing spot isn't done yet. But it's a little better than it was.

Does your passport say Fool of a Took? Because that is what you say when I talked to you.

Also go visit someone's dream airport. I found it amusing.

Repose is open for the evening. Thanks for your patience! It's Touch & Drop Week 6, featuring:

Orderable:
    dartboard (1)
    deluxe washer (6)
    den chair (6)
    den desk (5)
    desk mirror (6)
    desktop computer (4)
    digital alarm clock (8)
    digital scale (7)
    diner chair (7)
    diner counter chair (7)
    diner counter table (7)
    diner dining table (7)
    diner mini table (7)
    diner neon clock (7)
    diner neon sign (5)
    diner sofa (7)

Customizable non-orderable:
    decoy duck
    deer decoration
    deer scare
    destinations signpost

Non-customizable non-orderable:
    dark lily wreath
    dark rose wreath
    dark tulip wreath

Sure, right after I open for Celeste! :P

DA-2785-3615-7410

Does your passport say Fool of a Took? Because that is what you say when I talked to you.

Also go visit someone's dream airport. I found it amusing.

Yeah. XD

You guys... I found a spooky version of The Path. I'll be re-uploading Candle Cove once it's nighttime, but dang. Oooh dang.

The stars are right in Glosta tonight, and the gate is open. Celeste was last seen riding the teacups.

Also, Eunice is crafting a Tiny Library if you're into that.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • PirateQueenPirateQueen Registered User regular
    Lucky's graveyard looks fantastic @timspork's ghost !

If I make a deal at this crossroads, can become a rock star or something? : )
    c4of5b1s2auc.jpeg

TY to you both @Vyolynce and @timspork's ghost for trapping Celeste. Still missing so many recipes after restarting my island - this is a huge help!

edited July 2020
    Discord invite in OP is invalid, btw. Those things don't usually last that long.

EDIT: Unfortunately, @PirateQueen, you can only get one recipe from Celeste each day regardless of how many islands she visits.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    Vyolynce wrote: Β»
    Discord invite in OP is invalid, btw. Those things don't usually last that long.

Ah ok. I thought it was set to not expire but it wasn't. This link shouldn't expire. Sorry about that.

https://discord.gg/8CkK8zV

I have my ways @Vyolynce ; )
    After all, Dr Who has my back...

• EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: Β»

As someone who is themselves a Golden Stag away from this, I do have one observation:

Southern Hemisphere peeps, snowballs don't appear if your gate is open, correct? Because one of the few things I'm missing is the dung beetle, and having to wait until winter for that will be AGONIZING.

Correct. No dung beetles if the island is open.

edited July 2020

I was going to come over right after the 5yo, but he turned around and went straight to Harv’s so... I’ll be by later I guess lol.

akjak on
    No rush! Both re you and Timspork :D I'll be open most the night. I may close temporarily to talk to a Celeste (not high priority atm) and wake Gullivarr because I forgot to do so earlier, but I'll advertise it

Also, I was really impressed when kiddo said TY! He's learning all the polite ways of interacting online :')

signature.png
    Lucky's graveyard looks fantastic "timspork's ghost" !

If I make a deal at this crossroads, can become a rock star or something? : )
    c4of5b1s2auc.jpeg

TY to you both Vyolynce and "timspork's ghost" for trapping Celeste. Still missing so many recipes after restarting my island - this is a huge help!

Thanks! I’m hoping to find more spooky stuff to keep improving it. I’m trying to have the dirge music play all through that area. Getting solid coverage is hard. There is a spot near the crossroads where the default music forces its way in.

Maybe @akjak's spooky path?
    Can't wait to see it : )

• Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    Gulliver and Celeste here. Celeste seems to be giving out the rocket.

Dodo 2-R-V-F-0

Should be on for the next 45 mins or so.

Going to close down temporarily to Gullivar and maybe grab some Celeste loot :D BRB

signature.png
  • Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Apparently Celeste will only give you one DIY per day. :(

I tried visiting her on multiple islands.

Dirk2112 on
    NNID = Zepp914
    Wait. Did music players have a shuffle function before?

Reopened Repose by dodo, B7S9H. :)
    Wait. Did music players have a shuffle function before?

Yes! It was a little finicky because you had to press it then cancel to back out (but it would shuffle properly)

signature.png
    @Spicy_Rev do you still need the ironwood dresser DIY? I have it! :)

Also, I thiiiiiiiink with my last two trades I've finished up my furniture catalog. ....I've probably messed up somewhere here or there, which the weekly T&Ds will help me weed out. But yeah, maybe now.. on to clothes?!

signature.png