As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Epic 7] Eda and Celine banners. Valentines rerun.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Got her Arti in 10 pulls and HYufine in 30. Figured it was a sign and kind of went overboard.

Spent my remaining mystics for Arby, no dice. Not even a 4*. So them I went with my remaining 200+ BM's on normal summons, hoping for an ML. Got Basar and Vildred out of it. Then spent my hoard of galaxy BM's (50 or so), which got me dupes of Surin and Asscart, along with my first Shadow Rose. Went back into the HYufine banner and with another 80 or so pulls, got another Arti.

I'm 50 or so pulls away from pity, which I'll probably work towards. But right now I have 99+ in my storage to clean out. Besides, it's a bit more fun to pull over time. Tonight was almost too much stress to handle.

Also 37 from ML pity, so I'll have to think hard about Arby vs ML Iseria.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Got a new Blood Blade Karin from exchanging gold stones so that was nice. I know she's nuts as a cleaver in PvP considering how many times I've seen my entire team turned to red mist by her.

• Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    Holiday Yufine is a weird one. Her kit is obviously extremely strong against basar. I think it will take at least a few weeks of testing before people figure out if she is useful beyond basar. I hope she will be. Elphelt was a pretty big disappointment for me.

Elphelt is on my golem team along with Aramintha. They make short work of him.

Dont' say anything about golem to me, I'll get triggered :D

Hit pity for my first copy of Yufine. Got the artifact 160 pulls later with one more copy of yufine. Owch -_-

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Used my saved bookmarks for 60 pulls and got nothing. Got enough skystones to pity later at least!

Just hoping I get the artifact, did 200ish pulls on Ssb without hers.

• Options
    Artifact GET! After merging all the stuff in my initial summons I got some more bookmarks from SSS'ing a couple of the 3* units, threw them in, and bam.

That was Level 30 of the achievement though so it was the last time I'll get those bookmarks. My inventory is much lighter now that I don't have to keep two copies of every 3* unit though.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Got 2 artifacts on the way to pity! Didn't have enough penguins ready to instantly 6* Hyufine, but got close.

Now I just need some tanky fast gear with plenty of attack%...

• Options
    This event is actually getting pretty interesting in regards to story and lore. Especially relating to Angelica.
    I've long known that Angelica is not a normal person with how long she's said to have lived and her strong angelic power you can see in the opening animation of Epic 7. And this just clinches that there's definitely something up with her when the mere presence of Sinful Angelica is enough to depower her to this extent, not to mention Singelica being sealed beneath a stone tower for who knows how long. Really looking forward to see what Part 3 brings.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Woohaw Lilias from daily covenant. Been a pretty good week for that! Fighter Maya from ML summons too. Really filling in that hero journal lately.

Amazon even is temporarily suspended until they can fix it. If you did take the 1k gold, it will get fixed.

Nosf on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    HYufine in 60 pulls with two of her artifact along the way. Which is exactly what I wanted. Didn't have to dip into skystones that much, even!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Watching Yufine so far she seems to be really nice against not just basar but any cr pusher. Watched some basars already switch to abyss crown too but to no avail in the limited fights i have seen. She promptly removes the stun and then the rest of the team goes ham safe from daddy basar.

• Options
    Played around with the following build in Champion III-II arena offense:

holifine.png

Overall, she does her job at countering basar. It's a 100% certainty that he will miss her and with immunity she cannot get crown stunned. I would pair her with Ruele and some variation of DPS and tanks/SW to counter whatever other units they had.

After she counters basar's S3, however, she doesn't do a whole lot. She will occasionally RNG stun something and her burns provide a little bit of damage, but I feel like there are many other units out there who just add more than she does at that point. Lilias, for example, adds a ton with her S1 and S2. I also watched Code test a similar build and he seemed to have the same results I did. It feels like she doesn't do enough after countering basar's opener.

I do think she will be very good for the game because it will reduce the number of basar's on defense teams (both arena and GW). That's going to shake up the defense meta, which is a good thing since basar was pretty cancer there. Beyond being a niche counter pick I don't think she will change up RTA much.

I love her design and animations. They are all top notch. Overall, I wish they would make limited units more universally good like Lilias or Alencia. Those are two RGB units that feel very top tier, but not broken. The recent limited units we have gotten have all been very good at their niche, but it's a very narrow niche.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I dunno man. Until they put the real rewards into RTA that is the niche thing to gauge characters on. I agree the lilias cleanse is more powerful but it all depends on if you want to work on cr push or buff. Buff is way more consistent then push. Especially given the eff resist at high levels of pvp. I am leaning, and building mine, towards t2 chonk. I saw someone build theirs like that and with junkyard dog the burns were doing 7k ish. That is huge pressure and hers get past ele disadvantage. She is not crazy insane I agree. But I just dislike the word niche in this game.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I think you misunderstood me. I think her S3 and ability to counter Basra’s S3 is flat out stronger than lilias, not just in RTA but in pretty much every area of the game. My point was after that she doesn’t do as much as lilias. She does very little damage and occasionally gets rng stuns. Lilias’ dual attack is super strong and has tons of synergy with other characters. Lilias’ provoke is also super strong. Lilias is also great against teams that don’t include basar, while holifine is not very useful in that setting (hence more niche).

I’m not sure what you mean about RTA being niche because it doesn’t have real rewards. It’s an end game area for the game and is separate from arena and GW. Just because a unit is good or bad in one of those areas doesn’t really mean anything for the others. I.e. you have to look at a characters strength in each of those areas and judge them separately.

Edit: And yes, a build with higher attack and JD may end up being better because it makes her more universally useful. It's still very early in her release and people are still testing her. I'm not saying that my build above is gospel by any means.

Mace1370 on
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I will wait to see more. From watching her take on a lilias for example she counters her S3 as well. Her burns can do good dmg from what I have seen. Which means no cleanse comps will have great support dmg added on against them. And if you can keep her full or put her in a group with like brozet she takes little dmg and throws out the burns.

But yeah I guess we will see how others use her. Running her with no eff is definitely strange though.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Amazon event is fixed and back, picked up a Karin.

• Options
    Just like Twitch stuff my account apparently doesn't qualify as having Amazon Prime because my parents extended it from their account to my brother and I

Oh well

• Options
    We can't get the family thing here in Canada, it's sort of annoying - my wife just sends me gift lists and I convert them into carts on my account.

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    Amazon event is fixed and back, picked up a Karin.

Oh thanks for the heads up. Crozet #12ish I think. :P

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    I will wait to see more. From watching her take on a lilias for example she counters her S3 as well. Her burns can do good dmg from what I have seen. Which means no cleanse comps will have great support dmg added on against them. And if you can keep her full or put her in a group with like brozet she takes little dmg and throws out the burns.

But yeah I guess we will see how others use her. Running her with no eff is definitely strange though.

Do you mean my build? If you run her as a support unit (my build above), I think optimal eff for her would be 50-70 or so. Most characters in high level pvp either have 0 eff or 150+. It isn't worth sacrificing more stats to be able to burn or rng stun those characters 85% of the time. If you built her with high attack then it is probably worth getting a little bit more, but you can't be too squishy either. Her multipliers being underwhelming makes me question the value of building her with super high attack, but I'll be testing that build out later.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I would disagree. For a hero like her no need to needlessly neuter her kit then use it against the as a review. You look at her kit and multipliers your first thing should be Turn 2 high effectiveness high attack. Its what I have seen be most effective in the videos ive watched. And have her be a powerhouse anti CR debuff character.

She just aligns with the heroes they have released lately. Like Elphet is very strong but you have to invest into her. Same it seems with Yufine.

Also that said I do see that she is not SSB strong by default in what I have watched so I am not disagreeing completely but I see more uses for her other than just basar counter is all really right now until I see what people like YDCB does with her.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    The week of plenty continues with Pavel this morning from covenant. I do not have nearly enough (good) gear to outfit these units. Right now it's SSY, Ruele, a dog and some trash farming tokens for the puzzle parts.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Basar doesn’t usually run with a bunch of high ER units though, either in GW defense or arena defense. That’s where she is going to shine. Her niche is to counter basar based defense teams, which are usually filled with units like Arby, FCC, Riolet, etc. Super tanky stall teams that run Ruele usually don’t run debuffers like basar, they run heroes like alencia who offer a strip as well as better DPS and tankiness.

That’s why I don’t see much point running more than 50-70 eff on her. Sure, it would be nice to have 150 eff on her but you only get so many stats. In the build I posted above every item has at least 50 points in rolls. Therefore if you get more eff you are going to lose stats elsewhere. That means that if you run into teams with basar and arby, for example, she’s just going to get one wrecked by Arby or Riolet the first time they hit her. Or she is going to do even less damage. Or be too slow to push up your team.

Building her as a damage unit or a stun bot seems less optimal since there are other heroes that do it better, like ML Ara or SC Carrot or Dizzy.

From what I’ve tested and seen from multiple legend level streamers (like Code and Shufflez) she is amazing at countering basar and she is very lackluster elsewhere. It’s still very early, though. Who knows maybe people will figure out other rolls for her where she really shines.

Mace1370 on
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I don’t know those guys so don’t know if meta slaves and as we well know legend does not mean meta for the other 99% of us by far. I don’t watch a lot of the streamers for epic 7 that ae “top” because they are usually some form of insufferable and only rate units for 1% gameplay which is a useless metric.

Like those guys would say elphet is useless but ydbc shows us consistently she can destroy legend geared characters.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I mean S. Yufine looks pretty useless outside bassar counter. I can't come up with anything else for her other than fake abyssal crown user to occasionally stun, which isn't nothing, but isn't very useful.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    She is useful against the other pieces too you get with him. And I’ve used her against lilias to great effect and she will be useful against any future pusher they put in. Yeah I’m not going to bring her against charles counter comp. but there are lots of heroes I will not bring against those comps.

Oh epic showcase finally put out their video with a burn comp and it worked great against common non Basar comps. The ml Tywin comp I want to do but need to find a 4th still.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    I mean S. Yufine looks pretty useless outside bassar counter. I can't come up with anything else for her other than fake abyssal crown user to occasionally stun, which isn't nothing, but isn't very useful.

Her S1 being AoE makes her a pretty decent dog walker.

• Options

Yeah but then you could just use Lena and do it faster. Guess she could take over for green stages, but then Vildred could already do that.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I combine dog walking with friendship farming because I run out of resources if I walk to many dogs/fodder at the same time. Also if you are not friendship farming end game you are missing out on BMs. So yeah her getting around ele disadvantage would be great dog walker.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    I have levelled a good 6 or 7 units and possibly more to friendship 10 recently, nevermind all the 3s and 6s as well.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

Yeah but then you could just use Lena and do it faster. Guess she could take over for green stages, but then Vildred could already do that.

Fuck Vildred.

• Options
    Got Bellona from one of those elemental summons which is nice. Pushes SSB to 68% eff now with SS. Looking like a pity for Arby is in store. Down to 20 summons and not a single shiny summon. I swear the rates seem different for mystic pulls.

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    I don’t know those guys so don’t know if meta slaves and as we well know legend does not mean meta for the other 99% of us by far. I don’t watch a lot of the streamers for epic 7 that ae “top” because they are usually some form of insufferable and only rate units for 1% gameplay which is a useless metric.

Like those guys would say elphet is useless but ydbc shows us consistently she can destroy legend geared characters.

Why did you put the word top in quotes? Are you implying that they are not, in fact, at the top of the leaderboards? Or that, while they may be at top of arena and RTA leaderboards, that means nothing? Or something else?

It seems that you have some sort of bias or negative impression of people who care about competitive gameplay. It isn’t a value judgement on you if you prefer to play the game casually. However, I think it is disingenuous to say that all units are competitively viable and amazing when that obviously isn’t the case.

Holifines multipliers are low. This is something we can objectively look at; she is not a strong damage dealer compared to other heroes. You can put top of the line gear on any unit and beat up on units with worse gear, but that doesn’t prove she is a strong unit. It is possible that in the future we will figure out a synergy with her and other heroes that is very strong, but for the time being the only area she excels in is countering basar based defense teams.

It is easy to read the wrong intent into someone’s post on the internet, so if I have misinterpreted your position let me know.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    No bias. I just dislike using competativeness as a excuse for meta elitism. Because it has been shown again and again that even in RTA its more about comp and how you play rather than meta units like tenha with is blingo and ydbc with his using everyone because he gets bored with comps and beats people with units other say are trash. Top was just to denote I have never heard of those guys in my wanderings. Yufines kit is balanced around having greater attack and burns being really strong I have seen people get her at 4k attack with high eff. The burns at that area with greater attack like she will have will provide up to 50% dmg on meta comps.

I have seen several people use her effectively now against common defense comps and she works. Champ + geared units which is the competitive area for us dolphins and below. I am competitive. I just know I will never whale. People take my arguments as if I am angry. I am just pragmatic as an engineer and math guy since I was really young.

No bias. Just competativeness for "top" players is something any of us will never do without spending money. Period. So the metric is largely useless.

Like in the arby convo the other day I had. People were joking around in several places I went to that he was bait for ml iseria. And still are from time to time. I didnt really mean anything by it. And have seen others say it now too in the content creator area.

Anyways ill shut up for awhile and just enjoy my game and keep grinding away. Sorry if you took offense to anything non intended.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    This has kind of fallen onto the backburner for me, but the Amazon Prime ticket got me to load it up again today and I ended up getting Ken off it.

Then I did a normal covenant summon and got Krau.

That's almost as many 5*s as I've gotten the ENTIRE REST OF MY TIME PLAYING.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    This has kind of fallen onto the backburner for me, but the Amazon Prime ticket got me to load it up again today and I ended up getting Ken off it.

Then I did a normal covenant summon and got Krau.

That's almost as many 5*s as I've gotten the ENTIRE REST OF MY TIME PLAYING.

The good news is banners now have pity on them and acquiring bookmarks is easier than ever.

The bad news is Moonlights still dominate PvP and if you're not lucky your only option is to spark them with a special currency.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Plus side is I hate PvP so I'm really just in it to clear Content.

I did get one ml on a covenant pull though, which felt wild as someone who hadn't played in a very long time, got Judge Kise back when I restarted.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Oh sweet Judge Kise, why must you elude me? ...says the guy with more units than he has resources to deal with.

Nosf on
  • Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    No luck getting Summer Yufine for me so far, sadly. However I do have enough Phantasmas to level another character to 6 stars, I'm just not sure who to level. Right now I'm trying to decide between Achates, Celine, Violet, Basar, Sol, Kawerick, Shadow Rose, Celestial Mercedes, and Specter Tenebria. Any suggestions?

• Options
    S. Tene seems the best option. Basar can be used at 5*. Achates is also a good option if you need more GW healing.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    S. Tene seems the best option. Basar can be used at 5*. Achates is also a good option if you need more GW healing.

S. Tene is probably the best choice.

I'll be the weird guy saying to not sleep on Kawerik. He carried me through Abyss like 70-81, used him as a dog walker for a long time (friendship 10 now, so get on the bench buddy), and I keep using him in GW today.