As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Listen to a [podcast] on the commute from your couch to your kitchen

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Today Abnormal Mapping’s episode is about my favorite game of all time (mario rpg) and I am both bracing myself and excited to hear them talk about it.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Sending up the “Jason Mantzoukas is on Reply All” flare

I was going to whinge that we need longer between Mantzoukas appearances on Reply All, but I realised he was actually on Scaredy Cats last, so that’s probably not a fair complaint.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I don't really know what Blaseball is but hearing Waypoint really about it is very funny

https://www.blaseball.com/
    it's a text-based blaseball betting game, pick a team and bet on games to earn more coins (you can also get free coins whenever you run out from the store, also you get coins whenever your team wins)(there's no microtransactions or way to spend actual money)
    Spend coins to vote in the Elections, the Decree with the most votes on Sunday goes into effect and each Blessing will go to a random player (and their supported team) who voted for it
    also: remember that the commissioner is doing a great job

Let's go D A L É

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Youtube pushed Chart Party literally right after that video finished

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's like one-man saltybet

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    also the fan-made lore/history wiki is Very Good, learn fun facts about the incinerated players, read about the war between the anticapitalist splort of Blaseball and the antianticapitalist Glolf, discover your new favorite player who may or may not be a spirit of primordial Violence that possesses a sick tiger jacket, and more
    https://blaseball.fandom.com/wiki/Blaseball,_The_Internet_Blaseball_League_Wiki

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Rude tales

... I’d completely forgotten smellulus was wearing a clown suit
    This changes quite a lot about my mental image of his interaction with the dragon

• Options
    Holy shit, the most recent episode of FatT is fantastic

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Carrying on with the Worst Idea of All Time backlog, apparently in the film 'Gigli' Jennifer Lopez invites Ben Affleck to perform cunnilingus by spreading her legs and saying "It's turkey time, gobble gobble" and I don't think that's very well done dialogue

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I don't really know what Blaseball is but hearing Waypoint really about it is very funny

my assumption is that it's salty bet but baseball themed

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Saltybet with some Twitch Plays Pokemon DNA

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Carrying on with the Worst Idea of All Time backlog, apparently in the film 'Gigli' Jennifer Lopez invites Ben Affleck to perform cunnilingus by spreading her legs and saying "It's turkey time, gobble gobble" and I don't think that's very well done dialogue

Yeah she shoulda gone with like "Meat's back on the menu, boys" as one example

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    This implies Jennifer Lopez has been to a restaurant

sig.gif
  • Options
    She's still Jenny from the block.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    This implies Jennifer Lopez has been to a restaurant

It also implies that Ben Affleck is more than one boy.

• Options
    He’s Daredevil AND Batman

sig.gif
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    FatT Partizan Kingdom ending:
    I was really into this game of kingdom, but the ending really bummed me out.

idk, it seems like Jack had Big Plans for Clem, but it ended up being completely nothing, and it just seemed like a really wasted opportunity. From a narrative perspective, she just didn't do...anything, or grow, and then she died.

And it seemed off as well to have this person who was constantly shown to be a total incompetent to then kill off one of the characters with the most gravitas/weight in the story.

I don't mind have antagonistic characters in a party, but there was just, nothing done with her other than be miserable and be miserable to the party.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Welcome to 'royals'

There was never going to be any growth for clem

I went back and relistened to the show to catch up to kingdom and it becomes exceesingly clear that Clem was not gonna survive the season

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    FatT
    I assumed the Kingdom game was going to end with Clem assuming a role as a main antagonist for the back half of the season

But the only way she was remaining a player character is if she somehow managed to corrupt half the rest of the group through the course of that

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    FatT
    I assumed the Kingdom game was going to end with Clem assuming a role as a main antagonist for the back half of the season

But the only way she was remaining a player character is if she somehow managed to corrupt half the rest of the group through the course of that

PZN
    And Jack has demonstrated that Clem has never known how to do that

• Options
    Aw, shit, I really like Blaseball

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I've been watching Blaseball Radio over the past two days, Radio Host does radio commentary for a couple games each day (unfortunately, he won't be able to do the postseason), and we all cheer along in the chat

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    blaseball is neat but the actual way you watch the games is not quite what i'm looking for

i'm really glad that it's catching on even though it's not For Me though because it's got a good energy

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    idk if this will get me in trouble but fuck it, weirdly topical

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    This "low key" Max Fun Drive is just so much worse than a regular one

Fuckin' do the thing you so clearly want to do, stop lying to me and say you're not gonna

• Options
    Imagining how much better the cuddling would be if I described it to my partner as falafelistic

sig.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    I suspect that photo may have been modified for the sake of japery, and I won't stand for it

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I suspect that photo may have been modified for the sake of japery, and I won't stand for it
    Don’t be jealous of a good jape Pooro

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    He’s Daredevil AND Batman

I can't find the original now so I don't know whom to credit, but a few years back I saw a tweet, the gist of which was:

Say I know nothing about comics. You tell me that there are two competing masked parkour vigilante titles. The hero of one is blind but works around it by using echolocation. The other is an orphan with PTSD who has unlimited money and a danger fetish. Then you tell me which one is Daredevil and which is Batman and I PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Working my way through PZN. The song Jack composed for when (midseason episode 17)
    the Black Century is introduced
    is just incredible.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Dan Ryckert is playing a modded version of Mario 64 that lets the chat fuck with his game and it is a nightmare. 30+ min and he has yet to get a star

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I tried watching that but the constant overlapping 10 minute long backing tracks mario characters making the most horrible screeching noises they could be edited to make that he let people turn on at will kind of made me not enjoy it

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Dan Ryckert is playing a modded version of Mario 64 that lets the chat fuck with his game and it is a nightmare. 30+ min and he has yet to get a star

That man knows how to find a niche and market the hell out of it.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    He finally got the star that would normally take about 30 seconds to get

Then the chat took it away

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular

this might be a good step F1 but I'm not sure segregating the drivers strikes up the right tone

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I haven't noticed a significant difference between this and previous max fun drives beyond them generally starting like "so we thought maybe if we gave it 2-3 months it would be better but instead it's worse so that sucks."

And you can trust me because I only listen to podcasts for advertisements.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I've been playing ghosts of tsushima while listening to podcasts.

It's a good game for that.

This discussion has been closed.