As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Yeah, I have to apologize to the magicite support banners, too. I think I probably now have an earth magic team, as I got Enna USB+AASB and Rydia Sync in ~23 tickets. It's coffee time for old men

Don't apologize for good luck. The game owes us something after all the heartbreak it inflicts.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I do sometimes still worry about posting my results when other people are having such a bad time. I know, I've expressed this sentiment before. But dang it, I just wish we could all have the results we want, and when mine are good, posting it feels like bragging.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Got Yuna AASB on today's ticket. Sweet!

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Got to 50 magicite, so got my 11 tickets.

Here's my haul so far:
    Dupe hope glint (1 of 2 items on banner at outset)
    Dupe Yuna USB (2 of 2 items on banner at outset)
    Rem AOSB
    dupe Rem AOSB
    Rem glint
    Yuna G+

So...a decent number of things, but possibly the least interesting array of such things possible?

edited July 2020
    So, in case you wanted to know how tough Zalera is, I dealt almost 17% damage before getting tagged with Memory’s End (the hard enrage). You will recall that I have a frankly absurd FFT team, containing two Awakenings, Orlandeau’s Sync, and a Chain that’s actually relevant to all characters involved so that I don’t need to run Bonds of Historia. And I still got tagged by the enrage before making it out of phase 1. Granted, Orlandeau got Stopped for a frankly annoying amount of time, so some character shuffling might have changed that, but god damn. The inability to bring the Tyro/Elarra core team that basically everyone can use how is a major blow to the efficiency of the team I can put together for these things.

Alma and Ovelia have USBs that can substitute for Elarra’s speed boost, but of course they just so happen to not be on the lens shop.

Enlong on
    Enlong wrote: »
    So, in case you wanted to know how tough Zalera is, I dealt almost 17% damage before getting tagged with Memory’s End (the hard enrage). You will recall that I have a frankly absurd FFT team, containing two Awakenings, Orlandeau’s Sync, and a Chain that’s actually relevant to all characters involved so that I don’t need to run Bonds of Historia. And I still got tagged by the enrage before making it out of phase 1. Granted, Orlandeau got Stopped for a frankly annoying amount of time, so some character shuffling might have changed that, but god damn. The inability to bring the Tyro/Elarra core team that basically everyone can use how is a major blow to the efficiency of the team I can put together for these things.

Yeah, it's fucking FAST.

I’m sort of considering even dropping Agrias in favor of Marche, just because Marche’s USB on the lens shop lets him speed up himself, and Orlandeau. Except that that would lose out on the raw power Agrias brings to the table. What I’m saying is that this is bringing back that oh-so-fun feeling that i need 6 characters for this.

—————

Speaking of Marche, it’s srill weird to me that we haven’t got any other FFTA characters since him and Montblanc.

I’m sort of considering even dropping Agrias in favor of Marche, just because Marche’s USB on the lens shop lets him speed up himself, and Orlandeau. Except that that would lose out on the raw power Agrias brings to the table. What I’m saying is that this is bringing back that oh-so-fun feeling that i need 6 characters for this.

—————

Speaking of Marche, it’s srill weird to me that we haven’t got any other FFTA characters since him and Montblanc.

I have lost track of the number of fights I could easily clear with 6 people.

Hell, at this point I'm lowkey considering if I can swing Marche's Esuna SSB in place of Tyro with glint, just to get an extra attacker in there, too.

The question there is whether not having Wall is a hit problem. I haven’t actually checked the ai to see if all his stuff is piercing or not.

Either way, that will cause an issue when you get far enough in to get hit by Full Break; right now, Tyro’s basically the only option to override an ATK/DEF/MAG/RES debuff, with his OSB.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Yeah, that fight is one of the ones where it really matters who is in what slot. Healer goes in slot 5, for instance.

Edit: you get wall for free, so don't worry about that.

Fry on
    edited July 2020
    I see. So the main issue is getting Proshellga and Haste up.

...maybe I'll swap Ovelia out for Elarra instead, and see what I can do with Orran or Marche.

Enlong on
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I see. So the main issue is getting Proshellga and Haste up.

...maybe I'll swap Ovelia out for Elarra instead, and see what I can do with Orran or Marche.

There's a boat load of paladins in realm, maybe healer with hastega and agrias or marche with buffs?

I deployed Tyro Awakening for haste, and had Agrias and Ovelia for Protect and Shell. You may not need them, though. Especially if you're using Ovelia USB that has a large RES boost included

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Don't forget to do the dress records now that they're FINALLY all out.

ztrEPtD.gif
    edited July 2020
    Just tried FFT again, got to 45% and ran out of time in phase 2...at 31s.

Good lord.

E: 48. What is this speed?

Jragghen on
    Ok. Some shuffling of characters got me to manage taking out 47% of Zalera’s health. Again, this is with some busted characters and Orran providing crazy buffs to Orlandeau specifically. I think the next thing to try would be a Marche strategy, with Ramza forsaking damage entirely in favor of entrusting meter to Elarra when I don’t need to set up the next chain.

Anyway, I’m completely ignoring Azulmagia. Because I have just 2 Awakenings in realm. Lenna’s first one (which, I’d probably just swap her out for Elarra again), and Dorgann’s. And don’t get me wrong, Dorgann is really good, and Earth is a legit element for the realm. If you have the stuff to use it right. I don’t have Galuf’s Chain, Bartz’s Awakening, or any Dreambreaker-ready stuff for Kelger or Krile. And while I do have Greg’s Fire chain, I have even fewer options there for breaking caps.

Ffx discount draw: Seymour chain.

Which, don't get me wrong, more chains is great. But I've already got golbez so this is kinda eh

Looked at some clears of tactics. Got to 67% now.

I don't understand how these people have such low input lag. It was the same thing for ff9.

edited July 2020
    83%.

Still no goddamn idea how they manage to pack everything into a single chain, but I think I might be able to do a sub-40 if I recast the chain.

e: Or maybe not.

Jragghen on
  • ff7007ff7007 Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular
    Hit 50 clears this morning to get my tickets, one hit on my dozen tickets. First hit of the event: Beatrix's Sync...so I guess I can only complain a modest amount. This event has still pretty much killed 100-gemming for me.

PSN: Rauhy FFRK: 9YYP Steam: Rauhy Battle.net: Rauhy#1977
    As well it should.

Heh. Threw together a team to auto through the V Torment 3; ended up with a blinded Gogo mimicking one of Kelger's ninja attacks. Still rolled right over the fight, poor Greg is really just a punching bag these days.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    12 tickets today - nada.

89%

If my sausage fingers weren't so show, I could cross the 90% the should, but fuck if I know how they manage sub-30 on this insanity. I have basically the same team, even!

Give wait Mode, plz.

Okay, got to 91%.

That's enough for now, I think. Give myself a day or two before throwing myself at this again.

I just watched a White Odin video.

What the everloving fuck.

So as I was going to bed, I realized I hadn't done a magicite today. Crank one out, get a ticket. Throw it at the holy banner.

Hit.

Disco.

Pause.

Halo.

...fuck me, I got Beatrix sync, too.

So I have Lenna's Regenga USB, Bartz and Dorgann AASBs, and Galuf Earth Chain. Add Tyro's USB1/4 + OSB, and that's a sketch for a FFV Dreambreaker team right?

Let me look at some clear videos...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvqGHonqxa0&feature=youtu.be

Holy moly does that boss look tanky as hell. And they have a Lv. 99 Historia Crystal. I think NOPE NOPE NOPE is still the appropriate reaction. My only issue is I'm not sure what to hunt for to power creep these, whereas with 6* Magicite I knew stacking EnElement was they key to ignoring the most unfun part of those fights.

One note from that video: Tyro used Iai Hellfire, which debuffs defenses but buffs MND, to push his MND high enough to ignore the Out Of Realm Stop move, which was clever.

Oh, is that that was for? Clever, indeed.

Yeah, this boss is mega tanky. It gets an extra six rage levels at HP thresholds relative to the previous dream breakers. :( Also it buffs DEF/RES several times, so hope you can afford to have Lenna doing the counter dance :/

I think the way to power creep these is to acquire multiple cap break SBs on the same character; you can only afford three DPS slots, so everyone really has to pull their weight. Including your chain holder, if you bring one. :X

edited August 2020
    Daily hit: King wcast lmr

E: yeah, I can do a real Earth team on 5 I think, but lack staying power, and more importantly lack an instant heal, let alone AASB, so this one's probably not happening

Jragghen on
    Fry wrote: »
    Oh, is that that was for? Clever, indeed.

Yeah, this boss is mega tanky. It gets an extra six rage levels at HP thresholds relative to the previous dream breakers. :( Also it buffs DEF/RES several times, so hope you can afford to have Lenna doing the counter dance :/

I think the way to power creep these is to acquire multiple cap break SBs on the same character; you can only afford three DPS slots, so everyone really has to pull their weight. Including your chain holder, if you bring one. :X

Game is starting to feel like a Kompu Gacha as complexity creeps.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    A what?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited August 2020
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gacha_game

Scroll down a bit to Complete Gacha. Basically multiple pieces are required for functionality.

I.e. AASB then add a Glint then add a second aasb then add a true arcane etc. to maintain functionality you don't just need new things, you need a combination of things on one character.

silence1186 on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Ah. In that case I would argue it’s been that way for years.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Okay, now for everyone to hate me.
    Took stock of other banners. Earth and water are tied for fewest dupes (3 each), but Earth has a magic chain (which I don't have for Earth), so I draw there, figuring that even though I've got the top banner item, the odds of THAT are low.

Second halo in 2 days - rydia sync dupe.

So that's rank 3 now, I guess.

edited August 2020
    Beatrice's AoE finisher actually sucks for Diablos because it hits the rift and causes your entire team to move to "can't hit diablos" mode. Fucking A.

Jragghen on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    lol first world problems. Inspired by everyone I took my 8 tickets to the Holy Banner and got....Dupe Rem AASB on the last ticket. Well no rush, I only have one copy but I'd rather wait for Lightning's HA to appear down the line to get my remaining 3 copies. I'd rather just beef her up than spend gems on "old" tech to get other guys up to speed.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    One work week until 0/35. Starting to get a little anticipation for so many draws at once.

daesot1ppx9l.jpg

Well, given the degree of bullshit I have and still had trouble, I'd say Diablos wins "hardest 6*" competition.

Now for 7 more *sigh*