As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Xbox] 2.75 Gamecubes

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    F2P multi seems like a smart choice

Plenty of people only want multi. And they can sell them weapon and armor skins to make up for it.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Wow, sounds like it's a good thing I haven't gone for SoulCalibur 6.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    the MK and Infam
    Yeah, I don't know what happened. I guess NAMCO started sniffing their own farts and decided a standard story mode was déclassé.

that, or they realized how expensive paying for all the voice actors to record dozens more lines of dialogue and create a couple hours more cutscenes is, especially since many players won't even touch since it's a fighting game

SoulCalibur never really had cutscenes. Just pre-fight taunts and then a slideshow after the end showing what happened after. By RickRude's account, NAMCO has removed this mode in favour of of a vague campaign involving a created fighter.

• Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    So is this the generic xbox thread?

Can anyone help me find replacement bumpers for the original Xbox One controller? Not the S model, that one uses a whole different kind of bumper. Looking for replacement bumpers for model 1537 here in the USA.

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Have you considered buying a used controller and cannibalising parts?

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    This is definitely not the first rumors we've had about a battle royale mode in Halo Infinite. I'm fairly certain 343i outright discussed it with the rest of Xbox division, though they declined to add specifics.

(Plus, there's already a reduced-scale BR gameplay mode in Halo 5. 5's most obvious addition was Warzone and Warzone Firefight, which are extremely elaborate with bespoken maps for them, so it makes sense they'd add another mode for 6.)
    RickRude wrote: »
    Im starting to think i shouldnt play sc6

There are much better fighting games available to play. If you want a 3D fighter, Dead or Alive 6 and Tekken 7 are both quality.

SC6's primary feature is, probably, the character creation system, which is still pretty elaborate.

Unfortunately, it has a much less wardrobe and inventory of clothing and stuff to play around with compared to even 4 (and a surprising amount of it is imported from 4 and 5with basically no modification). Kind if disappointing, though other fighting games don't really have something to compare.

For the actual game, it's not all that memorable. In UE4, it still manages to look dated (the imported assets, the very simplistic Tekken style stages), with the improved lighting and higher resolutions being the stand-out features. If you could take those both out, it'd look almost exactly like playing SC4, with some gameplay changes.

EDIT: I don't really feel comfortable weighing in on Tekken 7's actual gameplay, unlike SC6, which I will judge all day long. Unfortunately, it's also a last-generation arcade game ported to the current consoles with a terrible smudgy-looking filter applied to it (kind of a bizarre decision) that was only removed for the Playstation release. It's not a good looking game at all. :sad:

Synthesis on
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    so Battletoads launches on August 20th.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    They put some effort into it, but my hopes aren't high.

Also looks like they toned down the Black Queen, which was probably inevitable.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I don't know that it deserves its own thread, yet anyway, but Nowhere Prophet is pretty good you guys. It's a card game, and it's run based, so yeah you can say it's a deck-builder roguelite, but I'm not sure how useful those terms are here so I'll try to explain it and you should probably check it out if you're interested (it's on Game Pass).

The whole thing has a very Indian-influenced look and shape to the lore and stuff, which is a culture I know nothing about but it's certainly more interesting than a more generic aesthetic would be. You're a Prophet leading a ragtag band of followers across a post-apocalyptic wasteland, to a Place for a Reason. You have two "decks" of "cards," one of which represents your abilities in battle (support effects and damage effects) and one which represents all of the people you can summon in battle. You have a health pool that's supposed to last for your entire run and your followers can permanently die so it's definitely set up for the run-based part (spoilers you probably won't win the first time you play).

It's cool. I didn't mind the run-based aspect as much as I thought I might because I'm used to losing at first in card games, because my deck sucks, so the idea that I'll eventually lose a run in this is pretty palatable. If you like Magic or Hearthstone you should give this a look.

I hope it does well. I'm not expecting Streets of Rage 4, and aside from belonging to a much more distinguished franchise (as far as I can tell), and being artistically and musically distinguished....still mostly just registered as a blip that was only remembered within the BK community that would've embraced anything not totally fucked up.

Of course, I literally knew nothing about Battletoads until the KI and Phil Spencer started bringing it up.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The redesign of the Toads looks a lot like the most recent TMNT cartoon, which I find amusing

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I got an XBox One controller on my PC that has a blue neon light in it.

They are making the Battletoads too cartoony. I need to play the arcade game in Rare Replay.

Krathoon on
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I went looking for the rubber grip that's been peeling off my xbox elite controller but apparently, the back ones aren't easy to replace because they're tied to basically the whole damn controller frame. The thing appears to be stretched some, as it doesn't fit when i just press it back into place, so fuck it, i'm going to gorilla glue it, wrap it in painter's tape to keep it in place and then slice the excess rubber grip and see what happens.

If shit goes south? It's an xbox elite controller 2.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    It looks like a game I'll enjoy playing for 50 minutes on Game Pass.

Arteen wrote: »
    It looks like a game I'll enjoy playing for 50 minutes on Game Pass.

Like me and Carrion.

I kept playing for the achievements, which I already regret.

Synthesis wrote: »
    I hope it does well. I'm not expecting Streets of Rage 4, and aside from belonging to a much more distinguished franchise (as far as I can tell), and being artistically and musically distinguished....still mostly just registered as a blip that was only remembered within the BK community that would've embraced anything not totally fucked up.

Of course, I literally knew nothing about Battletoads until the KI and Phil Spencer started bringing it up.

The first game is known for being almost 100% different on each level (you go from fighting to spelunking to racing, etc.) and for being ludicrously hard. As in, most people can't get past level three (of twelve). It caused a lot of excitement when it first came out for doing all kinds of technical wizardry on the NES like extremely smooth animation on walker legs, a tower stage that rotated, etc.

Then this somehow happened:

BattleToadsDoubleDragon.jpg

Honestly it's probably the best Battletoads game, since it's mostly fighting along with one random Asteroids level (which managed to get into the new Battletoads game, apparently). Yep, Rare made it.

After that there was a pretty mediocre SNES game. Oh, and a pilot for a cartoon that went nowhere. And then the franchise pretty much vanished, three years after it was introduced. So yeah, "blip" pretty much covers it.

edited July 2020
    Oh. I think that Battletoads and Double Dragon is on Rare Replay as well.

edit: Nope. I was wrong.

Krathoon on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Peen wrote: »
    I don't know that it deserves its own thread, yet anyway, but Nowhere Prophet is pretty good you guys. It's a card game, and it's run based, so yeah you can say it's a deck-builder roguelite, but I'm not sure how useful those terms are here so I'll try to explain it and you should probably check it out if you're interested (it's on Game Pass).

The whole thing has a very Indian-influenced look and shape to the lore and stuff, which is a culture I know nothing about but it's certainly more interesting than a more generic aesthetic would be. You're a Prophet leading a ragtag band of followers across a post-apocalyptic wasteland, to a Place for a Reason. You have two "decks" of "cards," one of which represents your abilities in battle (support effects and damage effects) and one which represents all of the people you can summon in battle. You have a health pool that's supposed to last for your entire run and your followers can permanently die so it's definitely set up for the run-based part (spoilers you probably won't win the first time you play).

It's cool. I didn't mind the run-based aspect as much as I thought I might because I'm used to losing at first in card games, because my deck sucks, so the idea that I'll eventually lose a run in this is pretty palatable. If you like Magic or Hearthstone you should give this a look.

yeah it's been out on Steam for about a year now, super pumped that it's on Game Pass for more folks to play. It's cool as hell stylistically and mechanics-wise.

Anyway as for Battletoads, one thing I appreciate is the way the art style changed. The original was always a TMNT parody, so having the new one look like the newer 2000s-and-later TMNT is a great choice.

Crippl3 on
    Disgaea 4 Complete+ is getting a PC release and will be on Game Pass for PC. hopefully this means an Xbox version will follow.

Neat! I would be surprised if it didn't.

I tried to get into Disgaea on the PS2, but I ended up getting too bored during the actual battle missions just wanting to get to the next funny bit of the story. I should really watch a Let's Play of it.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    I went looking for the rubber grip that's been peeling off my xbox elite controller but apparently, the back ones aren't easy to replace because they're tied to basically the whole damn controller frame. The thing appears to be stretched some, as it doesn't fit when i just press it back into place, so fuck it, i'm going to gorilla glue it, wrap it in painter's tape to keep it in place and then slice the excess rubber grip and see what happens.

If shit goes south? It's an xbox elite controller 2.

I got one of those silicone controller skins when I got sick of replacing parts on my original elite. Works great!

• rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    the MK and Infam
    Yeah, I don't know what happened. I guess NAMCO started sniffing their own farts and decided a standard story mode was déclassé.

that, or they realized how expensive paying for all the voice actors to record dozens more lines of dialogue and create a couple hours more cutscenes is, especially since many players won't even touch since it's a fighting game

There's tons of text and its all fully voiced, at least in Japanese. It's just that its carried out by repetitive portraits over the same handful of backgrounds, there's no 3D rendering of what is going on at all, and they only drew a few unique action scenes, like one per character for their ending.

So, its more like dragging out the old short slideshows from past games with copious text and voice and nothing else. It basically amounts to a radio play.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I wouldn't say I have fond memories of Battletoads, mostly that shit vehicle level. I actually have a more favourable memory of Bayou Billy and that had a shitty vehicle part too, IIRC.

and its official, Halo Infinite's multiplayer will be free to play.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Wow that's bold. So season pass structure I take it? Good idea warzone kills it with that one.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Nosf wrote: »
    I wouldn't say I have fond memories of Battletoads, mostly that shit vehicle level. I actually have a more favourable memory of Bayou Billy and that had a shitty vehicle part too, IIRC.

Here is a video from Riggs talking about Bayou Billy. For some reason, the enemies are never stunned when you punch them in the game.
    https://youtu.be/agmyps5NIdY

• Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Now I’m curious if those who actually purchase the game (or have game pass I guess) will have the same typical grind as those who only get the F2P version. Will be interesting to see those details later...

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    Now I’m curious if those who actually purchase the game (or have game pass I guess) will have the same typical grind as those who only get the F2P version. Will be interesting to see those details later...

I imagine they'll have some limited perks - exclusive unlocks or a free season 1 pass or something like that.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    They said no microtransactions, but they could be selectively not including a battlepass in that consideration.

Did a similar arrangement exist for the Battle Royale mods introduced for COD and BF?

I guess it's not surprising, even in the Bungie days, Halo was becoming more like COD--hello, Reach multiplayer--for better or for worse.

i for am shocked to be only just now learning of this. :P

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

I may have known about this and wasn’t allowed to say anything. :biggrin:

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Wow, sounds like it's a good thing I haven't gone for SoulCalibur 6.

I remember ita single player being great in past titlez. This one is weird and outdated.

I may have found classic arcade mode. Its u der battles, but not sure theres a boss or ending.

hey listen, sometimes when you refresh the page youtube videos and tweets move where you jump to
    and sometimes you're just fucking lazy and don't read all the unread posts

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Playing disintegration and someone knocks a robot out with a wrench. Ah I don’t think that would work!

Prohass on
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

The first game is known for being almost 100% different on each level (you go from fighting to spelunking to racing, etc.) and for being ludicrously hard. As in, most people can't get past level three (of twelve). It caused a lot of excitement when it first came out for doing all kinds of technical wizardry on the NES like extremely smooth animation on walker legs, a tower stage that rotated, etc.

Honestly it's probably the best Battletoads game, since it's mostly fighting along with one random Asteroids level (which managed to get into the new Battletoads game, apparently). Yep, Rare made it.

After that there was a pretty mediocre SNES game. Oh, and a pilot for a cartoon that went nowhere. And then the franchise pretty much vanished, three years after it was introduced. So yeah, "blip" pretty much covers it.

I need to play BTDD, but the arcade game (which is on Rare Replay) is tops in my book -- almost pure brawling, which is all I ever wanted from Battletoads.

I do wish they'd do another Rare Replay to pick up what wasn't in the first, however little there may be. Battletoads and KI for SNES were sorely missed.

Btw, if I were to hunt down a copy of BTDD, which one would I want to go for?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    The redesign of the Toads looks a lot like the most recent TMNT cartoon, which I find amusing

I've enjoyed TMNT casually in the past but I recently saw this on my timeline and you know what
    I'm fuckin down for that

• SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Hmm, yes please. Hopefully that's emblematic of the show, and not a rare, stand out bit.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
    cloudeagle wrote: »

I need to play BTDD, but the arcade game (which is on Rare Replay) is tops in my book -- almost pure brawling, which is all I ever wanted from Battletoads.

I do wish they'd do another Rare Replay to pick up what wasn't in the first, however little there may be. Battletoads and KI for SNES were sorely missed.

Btw, if I were to hunt down a copy of BTDD, which one would I want to go for?

Oh right, I completely forgot about the arcade game! Man, that three year time period had such a burst of Battletoads. Ah, kicking rats so hard they throw up. Good times.

The SNES version of BTDD is technically the best-looking one, but if you have strong nostalgia at all for NES Battletoads, NES BTDD looks exactly like it and still runs really well.