As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

#pipe is no longer appeased [YouTube/Internet Videos]

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Oh hey speaking of Olly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8NVy00tfdI

btw, he writes the English subtitles himself so those are already available on this just-released vid.
    I thought for sure he was doing Persona cosplay but I guess that's Julius Caesar?

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

Wow, he's still doing these huh? I haven't watched any in ages.

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Youtube is actually starting to copyright strike members of hololive because the company that manages them isn't contacting devs for permisson to stream

Several of them had to remove a lot of old videos and it's not known if they'll ever go back up; a couple are taking streaming breaks

On the one hand, since hololive has an actual production company with money behind it it seems fair that they pay licensing fees to profit off of public performances of the games. But on the other hand that logic should technically apply just as much to small time streamers and LPers, but they don't really have any money to go after.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The whole idea behind streamers joining a company is that they would be protected from this kinda thing so all it does is expose cover corp as incompetent in this regard

They're generally supportive of members taking time off and discourage marathon streams but they gotta be proactive about copyright stuff

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I forgot how well done this sequence was.
    https://youtu.be/RcpEeWgIVjw

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

The funny part about this is that can still do it when he is old. It will only make it better.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    At some point he's got to transition to The Disappointed Video Game Nerd.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    At some point he's got to transition to The Bargaining Video Game Nerd, The Depression Video Game Nerd and finally The Acceptance Video Game Nerd.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    At some point he's got to transition to The Bargaining Video Game Nerd, The Depression Video Game Nerd and finally The Acceptance Video Game Nerd.

Okay but that’s Arlo, Jim Sterling and the Completionist respectively

sig.gif
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Why is Oliver thorn cosplaying as goth Brian David Gilbert in that thumbnail?

Tallahasseeriel on
    Uriel wrote: »
    Why is Oliver thorn cosplaying as goth Brian David Gilbert in that thumbnail?

Because, obviously, that is Julius Caesar.

sig.gif
    They have announced and released a brand-new, critically successful Paper Mario since the pandemic started for fuck’s sake

sig.gif
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Why is there a Muppet making youtubes about gaming?

You know what.

I retract the question...

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    They have announced and released a brand-new, critically successful Paper Mario since the pandemic started for fuck’s sake

UHM, BUT IT'S NOT, A PAPER MARIO THOUSAND YEAR DOOR, SO IT'S A BETRAYAL OF THE CORE GAMERS

liEt3nH.png
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Nintendo fans (and by Nintendo fans I mean youtubers who make C O N T E N T by associating their entire image with Nintendo) are some the most insufferable whiners in all of fandom.

This probably isn't true, they're probably just annoyingly visible, but god, every time there is a new direct or announcement or whatever that isn't exactly and only a new Mario/Zelda/Smash game I swear every part of the internet that isn't this forum just goes completely batshit.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    they're all really convinced that nintendo is leaving money on the table by not making sequels to games that didn't sell well

liEt3nH.png
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    The whole idea behind streamers joining a company is that they would be protected from this kinda thing so all it does is expose cover corp as incompetent in this regard

They're generally supportive of members taking time off and discourage marathon streams but they gotta be proactive about copyright stuff

baffling that absolutely no one learned from the Maker fiasco

then again, nobody in tech ever learns anything sooo *shrug*

TheySlashThem on
    Nintendo’s target demographic was not born the last time there was an F-Zero and that’s really hard to admit for the Arlos of this world

sig.gif
    From a cashflow perspective, my sister had to engage our ludicrously large German extended clan across multiple states to get her hands on a single Switch because they're sold out everywhere. Like, long term Nintendo needs to make some new games but there's nothing stopping them from just sitting quietly in a basement somewhere and printing billions of dollars for a while.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/TvB_P7GUaYA
    I don't theoretically have anything against the Minty Maniacs, although I hate the taste of mint. But I'm pissed at them taking the overall lead from the O'Rangers.

And FUCK the Savage Speeders.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    I’d be okay with all video games taking a nice 2-year break, honestly

Give me some time to catch up, come back with some strong next-gen stuff a year and a half after the consoles are out

Okay it would suck to have those machines on shelves without a single game for them

A little

sig.gif
    Fans of the Minty Maniacs and the O'Rangers have always been bitter foes.

Perhaps someday they will discover that the true force turning them against one another is actually the foaming agent in toothpaste.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Pikamee is very quickly becoming one of my favorites, though there is obviously a language bias there

• DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Nintendo fans (and by Nintendo fans I mean youtubers who make C O N T E N T by associating their entire image with Nintendo) are some the most insufferable whiners in all of fandom.

This probably isn't true, they're probably just annoyingly visible, but god, every time there is a new direct or announcement or whatever that isn't exactly and only a new Mario/Zelda/Smash game I swear every part of the internet that isn't this forum just goes completely batshit.

yeah, man i wanna when zelda and metroid and shit but holy fucks i do not need ANYMORE content about the lack of announcements because nothing new can possibly be said. literally nothing. this is not content, it is nontent. i will give them the benefit of all doubts because of the generation global megafucktastrophe that things are slower going than they want. they only look bad in comparison to the two other console developers because they have a new generation they were planning on launching and now absolutely need to launch in order for their divisions to have a chance at profitably going forward because of all the necessarily sunk costs.

it's a bummer to have nothing new to excited about, it'd be a fucking bigger bummer if even one of the people that makes these games i love gets sick or dies because they aren't allowed to be safe because the company forces them to work to meet deadlines so i can get all my toys when i want them. so, yeah, if they are sacrificing having new things to show to be safer then i am glad and will just deal with it. i feel for these content creators that hitched their brand to nintendo in specific but i still can't muster a fuck to give about any content made about not getting news because ehhhh.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    DHS wrote: »
    ph blake wrote: »

yeah, man i wanna when zelda and metroid and shit but holy fucks i do not need ANYMORE content about the lack of announcements because nothing new can possibly be said. literally nothing. this is not content, it is nontent. i will give them the benefit of all doubts because of the generation global megafucktastrophe that things are slower going than they want. they only look bad in comparison to the two other console developers because they have a new generation they were planning on launching and now absolutely need to launch in order for their divisions to have a chance at profitably going forward because of all the necessarily sunk costs.

it's a bummer to have nothing new to excited about, it'd be a fucking bigger bummer if even one of the people that makes these games i love gets sick or dies because they aren't allowed to be safe because the company forces them to work to meet deadlines so i can get all my toys when i want them. so, yeah, if they are sacrificing having new things to show to be safer then i am glad and will just deal with it. i feel for these content creators that hitched their brand to nintendo in specific but i still can't muster a fuck to give about any content made about not getting news because ehhhh.

I would say tough shit for narrowing your content so dramatically to just being the Fortnite guy or the Nintendo guy was a mistake but that's probably what the algorithm demanded when they came up. Find your niche and then never leave it or perish hungry on the street. I do think that "getting mad that very specific thing won't happen" content is exhausting very quickly. Yeah, it stinks you can't play a new F-Zero... play some different racing games instead of that.

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    This is one of my favourite acts on this season's World of Dance. They're unlike any other dance group I've seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHEHx_p1Tm0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk8YKtLP62w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAaCpWgPz3E

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Pikamee is very quickly becoming one of my favorites, though there is obviously a language bias there

nyanners just started vtubing

it is definitely something

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    i don't usually go for English-speaking vtubers, the forced cuteness bugs me in a way that the Japanese version doesn't for some reason, but nyanners is basically a drunk 5-year-old so I'll give it a shot

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    BDG should have just made the 2 hour long tangent video on weird halo lore

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i didn't fucking click on a video about how the halo novels have all this weird shit going on only to be told that you're gonna not go on tangents and instead just be told "here's a trilogy of 3 books. they're not very good"

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

I would argue his more recent episodes have gotten better. He has really started dialing it on the sweet spot between rage and comedy.

...the "What sort of loser would buy this over priced piece of crap. ...Thanks Matt McMuscles" part killed me

This discussion has been closed.