As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam]-vember. Time to stuff yourself full...of games.

• SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Do your part, citizen.

HT1kD90.jpg

5gsowHm.png
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    Death Stranding update: Currently wearing an otter hood given to me by Conan O'Brien, shooting ghosts with a gun powered by my own blood.

Oh Hideo Kojima, never change you beautiful raving what the fuck.

Postman Sam, postman Sam, postman Sam and his black and gold solar charged van

y2lq6rxy3129.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • VikingViking Registered User regular
    @Khildith was offended by my apparent lack of Fae Tactics
    one green envelope was all it took for him to rectify the situation.

Thank you sir!

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    Death Stranding update: Currently wearing an otter hood given to me by Conan O'Brien, shooting ghosts with a gun powered by my own blood.

Oh Hideo Kojima, never change you beautiful raving what the fuck.

Postman Sam, postman Sam, postman Sam and his black and gold solar charged van

y2lq6rxy3129.jpg

also since your body is toxic to the enemies, you can of course make pee, poop and bath water grenades. The pee and poop grenades are called number 1 and number 2 grenades

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    I mean, most people would have just come up with "You see the ghosts by strapping a foetus that thinks it's inside its mothers womb to your chest", thought 'Well, that's a full day's work', and knocked off early to go down the pub, but not Hideo.

steam_sig.png
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I mean, most people would have just come up with "You see the ghosts by strapping a foetus that thinks it's inside its mothers womb to your chest", thought 'Well, that's a full day's work', and knocked off early to go down the pub, but not Hideo.

And this is exactly why I want that Kojima/Ito horror. If that happens I could even forgive PT as "closes a window, opens a door".

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    c08y6kfikg5a.png

@DaringDirk apparently was unhappy that I did not own this. So now I own this.

Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Well, after working on it for two days now, I've figured out the best marauder build I can put together with the gear I have, and it's the one I was already using.

It's not a complete wash, I do have an ideal build to aim for down the road, now. Thanks to Aioua for showing me how to do that, and to Credeiki, Mojo_Jojo, and Winky for trying to teach me the math to just calculate it myself.

cB557 on
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Carrion has apparently been selling well even with a lot of people accessing it through Game Pass. Devolver thought players might appreciate a behind the scenes interview with the many mawed fleshbeast:

https://youtu.be/btAkCnnkLIc

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    That was a waste of money.

I'm less interested in the game after that crap.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular

True to the roots.
    mNRirPe.jpg

Alternatively:
    6ZB8njz.png

s7Imn5J.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I love games that are basically the genre of "wacky multiplayer", whether they be the NSMB series, UCH, that weird climbing game from last year, or whatever.

• MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Googling some Battletech stuff; it sounds like weapons like LRMs, SRMs, and machine guns might be bad for called shots to the head. Is that true? I've been putting MGs on my marauder, should I swap them out for S lasers?

LRMs are super-bad for called shots to the head, they have an unique clustering mechanic that lets only the first missile check if it is a headshot. If that first missile hits the head, the others can hit the head as well but if it doesn't, no missiles from that salvo can hit the head. Once the first shot location has been determined the rest of the missiles mostly hit that location and the locations next to it.

Other multiple-hit weapons like SRMs and MGs have diminishing returns for the called shot bonus. The first shot has the full bonus, then the bonus is reduced by every following shot. They don't get the LRM headshot restriction though so both are good at getting random head hits but bad at doing enough damage to the head to actually destroy it.

SLs have no special called shot mechanics. The number you see is what you get. If you load a Grasshopper full of SLs and MLs getting a headshot kill is fairly easy even though you need several hits. And if you don't get it in one go you most likely at least do pilot damage and enough head damage to make it easy to destroy the head with a second headshot.

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited August 2020

If I'm being honest, I don't think most people would come up with that.

Hevach on
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I think my favourite nonsense lore in death stranding is the Mule raiders that try to steal your packages and attack you are basically like a cult that just loves cargo. They have basically no use for it, and don’t really need it, but they’re just obsessed with the idea of having cargo and stuff to hoard.

• HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    I think my favourite nonsense lore in death stranding is the Mule raiders that try to steal your packages and attack you are basically like a cult that just loves cargo. They have basically no use for it, and don’t really need it, but they’re just obsessed with the idea of having cargo and stuff to hoard.

I mean... after seeing all the people panic buying stuff that has endless shelf-life and also has *massive* supply, that doesn't sound like nonsense to me... sounds pretty realistic :P

1Gn4PNI.png
  • IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    I think people are getting the wrong idea. I am not Quical who has a birthday every day of the year.

0818o2wo4xet.png

Thank you @Mugsley
    Futuristic yuri thriller woo. <3<3

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Hey y'all, I was going to go on vacation the week of the 9th, but ya know... *gestures at the world*. So my family ended up canceling, and now I'm looking at alternative activities since I'll have the time off work.

That being said, would anyone watch and classily benefit an Extra-life lite-marathon? Not a full 24, but something like 10-12 hours? I would still raise money for CHOP since I'm sure they're being put against the ropes with COVID and other things. Lemme know.

This would also not replace my 10 year marathon in November. Just something extra that could be fun and raise a few bucks for them kids.

• QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    We could maybe organise a mini event, get a few of us doing some streaming or some such

steam_sig.png
  • DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular

My feelings on the matter are so diametrically opposed to yours that I need to restrain them from attacking you for the audacity. But everyone is entitled to an opinion, no matter how demonstrably wrong those opinions may articulate themselves.

camo_sig2.png
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote: »

My feelings on the matter are so diametrically opposed to yours that I need to restrain them from attacking you for the audacity. But everyone is entitled to an opinion, no matter how demonstrably wrong those opinions may articulate themselves.

Exhibit A

• OrivonOrivon Happy Fun Ball They/ThemRegistered User regular
    @Isorn thinks his defenses are impregnable and has sent me Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth.
    2ji977mmevu7.png

Thanks for the gift! Now let's see just how good that protection is.

c409wx1arnfp.jpg

Note to self. Taunting @Orivon is the worst idea.

Jesus. Thank you. <3

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

9KmX8eN.jpg
    edited August 2020
    *ding*
    pzp5k8imoird.png
    The gift window didn't even show everything. I originally missed three games.
    Well, I guess I should have expec-
    *ding*
    *ding*
    *ding*
    *DING*
    *DING*
    *DING**DING**DING*
    Okay what the fuck is go-
    sofgvh49nny8.png
    ...huh. That's... a LOT of codes. Thank you @Isorn for
    1. The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile
    2. Mini Metro
    3. Star Wars: Rebellion
    4. Tametsi
    5. Knights
    6. Satisfactory
    7. Merchant of the Skies
    8. Deep Space Waifu: Nekomimi
    9. Pivot XL
    10. Epido
    11. One Deck Dungeon
    12. Psychonauts
    13. Double Fine Adventure! Complete Series - Deluxe Edition Complete
    14. Amnesia Fortnight 2012 + Prototypes
    15. Amnesia Fortnight 2014 + Prototypes
    16. Amnesia Fortnight 2017 + Prototypes
    17. Day of the Tentacle Remastered
    18. Broken Age + Soundtrack
    19. Brutal Legend
    20. Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
    21. Massive Chalice
    22. Costume Quest
    23. RAD
    24. GNOG
    25. 140
    26. THOTH
    27. Mountain
    28. Everything
    29. Escape Goat 2
    30. Gang Beasts
    31. KIDS
    32. Full Throttle Remastered
    33. Grim Fandango Remastered
    This is far, far too many games, but thank you very much Isorn.

Orivon on
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Many of those games are very good.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

This post aged well.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    @chuck steak is not my real dad, but he grounded me anyway!
    sgvhuzsr42bb.jpg
    Thanks Charlie <3
    Baseball still sucks :P :P :P

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    What the actual fuck is going on here?! How is this much gift aggression not hitting the news feeds?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Lego Lord of The Rings completed. It was a great deal less grindy than Hobbit. The question becomes do I do more of my Lego games or play something else?

camo_sig.png
    Apparently @Isorn was not done, and I have myself to blame.
    9i3vzwwuwodf.png
    I feel like I'm repeating myself but thanks for the gift Isorn.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    Lego Lord of The Rings completed. It was a great deal less grindy than Hobbit. The question becomes do I do more of my Lego games or play something else?

Play something else before returning to a LEGO game. That way you won't burn out on the basic same-y gameplay.

• übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »

Play something else before returning to a LEGO game. That way you won't burn out on the basic same-y gameplay.

Well I only have Marvel Superheroes, Avengers, Heroes 2 (need to get the dlc at the next sale) Jurassic World and Ninjago left. I can consistently knock each one out in 20-30 hours if I have the 2x studs code to get 100% in a timely manner.

camo_sig.png
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Orivon wrote: »
    *ding*
    pzp5k8imoird.png
    The gift window didn't even show everything. I originally missed three games.
    Well, I guess I should have expec-
    *ding*
    *ding*
    *ding*
    *DING*
    *DING*
    *DING**DING**DING*
    Okay what the fuck is go-
    sofgvh49nny8.png
    ...huh. That's... a LOT of codes. Thank you @Isorn for
    1. The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile
    2. Mini Metro
    3. Star Wars: Rebellion
    4. Tametsi
    5. Knights
    6. Satisfactory
    7. Merchant of the Skies
    8. Deep Space Waifu: Nekomimi
    9. Pivot XL
    10. Epido
    11. One Deck Dungeon
    12. Psychonauts
    13. Double Fine Adventure! Complete Series - Deluxe Edition Complete
    14. Amnesia Fortnight 2012 + Prototypes
    15. Amnesia Fortnight 2014 + Prototypes
    16. Amnesia Fortnight 2017 + Prototypes
    17. Day of the Tentacle Remastered
    18. Broken Age + Soundtrack
    19. Brutal Legend
    20. Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
    21. Massive Chalice
    22. Costume Quest
    23. RAD
    24. GNOG
    25. 140
    26. THOTH
    27. Mountain
    28. Everything
    29. Escape Goat 2
    30. Gang Beasts
    31. KIDS
    32. Full Throttle Remastered
    33. Grim Fandango Remastered
    This is far, far too many games, but thank you very much Isorn.

TAMETSI!!!

steam_sig.png
    One for Pixie.

zt56l5wsmx8e.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    @spoit gifted me whilst i was distracted entertaining my nieces and makign a fool of myself in VR. Thanks for Fae Tactics mate!

raVyEAc.png

...I am in a spot of trouble.
    qdd7q9ftpmg5.jpg

Can I surrender now? Please. D:

@Orivon is a monster. Thank you. <3<3

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I've come to appreciate one thing above most in Battletech vs. other Xcommy management games: Unless I go overboard selling off salvage, it seems like you can't really get into a permanent death spiral. Worst I get stuck slumming it grinding missions beneath me while avoiding too much intersystem travel and a few good loot piles later I'm usually back in business and then some.

This morning I lost my two of my best mechs (RIP Thunderbolt :( ) but aside from putting campaign progress on hold it wasn't the end of the universe. Called up a Trebuchet from inventory (not liking it at all) and ground my way to buying an Archer and mostly back in business.

Taking a loss like that in Xcom I might as well just go buy a new computer because that bitch is going out the window.

Hevach on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Happy Fun Ball knows no mercy

• TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Madican wrote: »
    Happy Fun Ball knows no mercy

I know we in this thread can Instantly recognise a Royce comment without looking to the left (or up, if on mobile), but I'd like to highlight this particular bit of mastery. Would anyone else here but Madican post this? The dryness, the carefully but airily chosen juxtaposition.. No, I announce that none ever would and they should be heralded as a bastion of what is best about Steam thread

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.