As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I finally got a [Job] but still post here

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I love that guy from The Matrix. What was his name? John Matrix? The one that took down the Smith Agency.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    I love that guy from The Matrix. What was his name? John Matrix? The one that took down the Smith Agency.

Just Dave.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    If you wanna have some real fun this weekend you should try pronouncing Luigi with the g like the g in geezer.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    If you wanna have some real fun this weekend you should try pronouncing Luigi with the g like the g in geezer.

wait those "G"s are pronounced differently?

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I pronounce Luigi with the same G I use in GIF.

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    "Or can I buy one from a witch or vegan?" killed me. I'm dead now.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Real Gs move in silence like lasagna

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Real Gs move in silence like lasagna

Wait.. the G is silent?

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Feth someone at work has the virus palpable pangs of doom

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    You can say fuck, and form statements in the modern language.

Really when they said someone had the virus and what the store was doing you could feel the dread and overall sense of doom

March April May June July
    Roughly a hundred & fifty days working so far

Five days a week, gotta drive into work, deal with the public. My office is flanked by entrances, where people don't mask up. Got a constant in & out flow of people with or without masks outside of my door.

Every day going to work is like, is this the day I get infected and die.

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I was showing a new coworker how a specific IF(COUNTIF) statement worked in Excel and she stopped me at one point to ask "Just to be clear, it's an eef statement, right?"

"... that depends entirely on how you pronounce 'if'."

euj90n71sojo.png
  • FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    People who say words wrong are adorable, like when a kid hasn’t quite worked out how to do his “R”s?

The cutest.

There’s a region of Sweden where the accent is basically this. Towns full of babytalkers.

It’s very hard to take them seriously.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Half the people at my work say "nucular"

it drives me NUTS

You'd love Australia, we put a whole extra letter in there!

"nYuclear"!

https://voca.ro/i5dtpH2ZKym

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I say lie-berry and nucular quite a lot. It started out ironic but now I sometimes do it genuinely. They're just nicer to say than the real words.

Weaver wrote: »

Five days a week, gotta drive into work, deal with the public. My office is flanked by entrances, where people don't mask up. Got a constant in & out flow of people with or without masks outside of my door.

I deal with the public as I leave I have seen knives pulled and pistols flashed about the state mandate about wearing a mask to anywhere
    Some of my co workers even after the announcement refused to still wear a mask one of the two is missing after complaining about how much the test cost and what it covered

I think we had to sign a waver over this today

Brainleech wrote: »

I deal with the public as I leave I have seen knives pulled and pistols flashed about the state mandate about wearing a mask to anywhere
    Some of my co workers even after the announcement refused to still wear a mask one of the two is missing after complaining about how much the test cost and what it covered

Did

Did you sign a piece of paper today?

Did you sign something and you don't know what it was for?

Did

They have everyone sign after they gave a long talk about what happened and what they were doing
    He said it was for acknowledgement.

Ask yourself:

Why would they make me sign a waiver to acknowledge a coworker has the 'rona? If you come to something other than, "they didn't, they had me sign away liability" you've hit closer to the truth than the initial statement was.

Did

They have everyone sign after they gave a long talk about what happened and what they were doing

Did you sign a piece of paper without reading it?

after having been enlisted?!

• TheSmackerTheSmacker Registered User regular
    Saw the forum big fix but had already done the thing that triggers it, curses!

Did

I asked as it was just a sign in sheet what we were signing

Did

And they've been so trustworthy, open, and honest with you so far...

Did

And they've been so trustworthy, open, and honest with you so far...

They have not been and I fully know this as I deeply regret returning to that store but again I had little choice
    They went to long detail about talking about this and what to do if the press show up
    All I could think was yay now I work in a deathtrap but I remembered that game that was on the PSP where you built deathtraps and felt that would have been a better way to explain it than the long drawn out welcome to your doom talk

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular

God, that's rough.

I hope you get relieved soon, buddy.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    This is one of our Summer Reading prize books:
    qaidxn2ozabh.png

It's right at the end of its shelf, so every time I go back and grab some books for curbside service, this happens in my brain:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmd1qMN5Yo0

This can't possibly be good for me.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    If you really want to be fired, I have a surefire way to make sure it happens.

I call it, "Don't Do Any Work" and in this TED talk I

Been trying for 6 years now. Instructions unclear, promotion and a fistful of commendations happened.

oh h*ck
  • ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Oh, wait, I think I see the confusion here. Is this the TED talk you've been watching?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZ_FR_WLM0

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    qaidxn2ozabh.png

It's right at the end of its shelf, so every time I go back and grab some books for curbside service, this happens in my brain:

What the hell was that

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    This is how the season 2 finale of The OC went down

It was all the rage in 2005

Jedoc wrote: »
    qaidxn2ozabh.png

What the hell was that

Ooo what ya say?

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    man imogen heap is great

VayBJ4e.png
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I got a text about a job interview, which didn't specify if it meant today, so just in case when accepting I noted today wouldn't work because my niece is running a fever.

I haven't heard anything back since.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but with as critical as things are right now my anxiety and suspicion are reaching some wild goddamn levels right now.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I love the Dear Sister skit. At around the time it got popular, and while I was still happy to chat with my siblings, we actually had an email discussion about the song Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap. One of my brothers, for some reason, didn't like how Imogen Heap used her own voice for layering and would have preferred an actual chorale. A brother-in-law said that he liked the song and that the imagery was particularly good. Then we turned to a discussion of what it was about, and brother who didn't like the arrangement thought it was about a bratty child who doesn't agree with her father's rules (he was the father of several young ladies). While I thought it was about a woman who was tired of being ordered around by her lover or spouse (I had just gotten out of such a relationship at the time). When I found out that the song was about going through her parents' divorce when she was 12 or around that age, I was surprised at how close my brother came to the mark and kind of wanted to discuss it with him. Because though he was partially right, I know he never would have realized the divorce angle, and would have disapproved of it. Now I know the seed where it came from, it's more obvious that the images described are of what a house looks like when you're moving so I don't know why I didn't cotton on to that sooner.

Of course at this point that brother and I don't speak anymore because he's an authoritarian asshole who's also paranoid that I'm trying to bully him into being "woke" or some bullshit just because I recommended that he watch Interstellar.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Oh thank god I got a message back for an interview time thank god.

Edit - thank god thank god thank god thank god thank god thank god thank god thank god thank god thank god

Henroid on
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Gonna start using this to describe management and directorial positions

Next time a topologist pisses me off I’ll be like “Shut your ontological parasite you fucking toroid.”

• VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    We finally ran out of money and would have missed rent at the end of August if I didn't find a job. I have been jobless since March after my hotel became a covid isolation unit, and I don't get unemployment in my state because I am a student that worked for the University I attend. Surprised it took this long considering we were living off my wife's teacher salary.

Tonight is my second shift as an overnight stocker at the local 24 hour grocery store, working 10pm to 6:30am. $16 an hour, Sundays are time and a half, and it's only every other weekend. It's just about the best thing I could find. Much much better (in terms of avoiding COVID) than the only other thing I could get an interview for, an in office call center position.

Veevee on
This discussion has been closed.