As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Klatu wrote: »
    Got GR100 done, and my gear hasn't improved at all, my gems only slightly. Now I just have to finish the achieves for the season and i'm done lol.

Then you can equip our characters!

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »
    Well I was more saying that I didn't want to derail the specific conversation happening right now.

But I had just been thinking about it and wanted to pop in with my thoughts. I think I have 500 hours in D3, and probably triple that in D2 (though I haven't played since ~2005). So I was wondering if I really needed a D2 remaster and if I could get any more out of it.

And I came to the conclusion that a really good port would be a dangerous thing for me. It would need some things, like a modernized loot system (mostly just individual loot drops in a multiplayer setting), but I would almost certainly buy it and, if done well, would probably spend a lot of time with it.

Yeah god that pissed the everloving fuck out of me and i never played public games because of it. Thank god a few friends of mine played as well.

Yeah I played over LAN with several friends in college. With rare exception, I only played in password games and the LAN group.

But I also played solo a lot.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    holy shit the luck i've been having.

I'm on my second day of lower kurast runs, just listening to youtubes in the background.

1x Ber
    1x Sur
    3x Ohm
    2x Um
    2x Fal
    2x Ko
    1x Pul
    1x Vex

and 40+ io's, Hels and Dol's

Infinity here I come!

edit: I can't seem to find +skill grand charms to save my life though. I think i found like 2 for characters i don't even have. And i've already dropped 5 blue shako's in hell with 300 MF. WTF game?

Edit: The shako's were monster drops, i know the special racks only drop blue/rares.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    ya love to see it:

fDmNhff.png

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Hint: The obvious positives being:

1. It's hella fast.
    2. That you can run an insanely mf-geared char and easlily retrieve your corpse if you die (becaue you have 850 life and like +20 resist for one element at best).

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    bwanie wrote: »
    Hoily shit i just dropped my first Gheeds Fortune (unique D2 grand charm)

And it rolled fucking perfect!!!!!

(actually the gold find roll is 25% off perfect, but who gives a shit about that stat)

135 % gold find (100-160%)
    40 % Magic find (20-40%)
    15% reduced vendor prices (10-15%)

Charms with these stats still sell for like 2-3 bucks on bnet lol. (I'm playing single player but to give you an indication of the rarity of these rolls)

Oh man, I just got this too from a random enemy in a field on my toward the Monastery Barracks in Act 1 on Hell difficulty and it was pretty exciting!

150% Extra Gold From Monsters
    25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    Reduces All Vendor prices 12%

Only thing is this is now the 11th charm worth keeping for my inventory (7 of them are small at least).

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    Gratz on the find but jeesh them rolls.

Hehe yes there's always more charms than inventory space, especially if you want to be able to pick up stuff as well.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Ugh fuck charms.

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    Ugh fuck charms.

I gotta have those lucky ones though.

Magically delicious > Magical

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind if they brought charms back if it was like a jewelry slot kind of item or a separate tab and you could keep a limited number of them. Definitely don't want them clogging my inventory though.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Apparently they’re adding double bounty caches to the current season.

The post also mentions that going forward, the plan is to continue to extend seasons to allow for a two week PTR, player feedback, and dev time. Seems maybe a little early for PTR to drop so might just be an early heads up.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Also the wiki entry for talismans is depressing, particularly this Bashiok quote, “We really like the core idea, but we don't want to stop everything and spend a large amount of time trying to fix the Talisman, although we do have some great ideas already. So, it'll very likely come back in some form or another after the game ships. And be awesome.”

Womp womp. A Jay Wilson quote below that makes it sound like it was dropped entirely in favor of paragon.

I agree that an all-1x1 Talisman would be pretty boring, but having different shapes in a limited space could’ve been awesome.

• Options
    What were Talismans? Besides not awesome, apparently.

• Options
    Noggin wrote: »
    Apparently they’re adding double bounty caches to the current season.

The post also mentions that going forward, the plan is to continue to extend seasons to allow for a two week PTR, player feedback, and dev time. Seems maybe a little early for PTR to drop so might just be an early heads up.

Darn you beat me to it. I just logged in really quick to B.net to see if there were any patches and saw the announcement. Hopefully this means they're doing some serious work to the next patches.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I think the rumor was that the next will be an overall balance pass, now that all the new sets are out.
    What were Talismans? Besides not awesome, apparently.

rdli9zsmfg2v.png
    I don’t recall hearing much about it beyond this picture, and that they were all going to be 1x1 “charms” with a “charm”-only inventory space.

Noggin on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I'd be cool with talisman tetris. Have a similar design as charms today but the only active ones are inside of your talisman separate from your inventory space. So if you find a good large one you'd have to move others around.

• Options
    Now maybe they could sell me on the angelic/demonic stuff in D4 if they start fleshing it out in interesting ways.

Like, just taking that diamond as it is, you could have a 4 high 3 wide cross, and another upside down, and they would be mutually exclusive. Then do you place it so you get it along with 2 mediums and 3 smalls, or what if mediums could be horizontal, or if there was a 3-block corner piece, or whatever!

• Options
    https://youtu.be/tFlp9KS1C1I

This popped up in my subs today, for anyone with Grim Dawn & expansions... Diablo 2 Remastered Reign of Terror mod.
    @m!ttens

• Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    This popped up in my subs today, for anyone with Grim Dawn & expansions... Diablo 2 Remastered Reign of Terror mod.
    @m!ttens

This is really good. It's very much a "what if D2 but with modern conveniences and graphics" if you choose to play it that way. It's missing a bit of the charm and familiarity of the original, but I feel like it's at least as good as any remaster that Blizzard might produce.

edit: also GD has great controller support, which means I can play D2 for hours without my hands becoming gnarled claws.

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • Options
    Just got a character to the prestigious title of Patriarch after all this time!

The Ancients were the thing that stopped me before but I went in with as many Full Rejuvenation potions as I could carry and my cohort and I eventually emerged victorious after an initial failed attempt. I died quite a few times to Baal and his friend clone Baal in the end but it made landing that final blow all the more satisfying. Then the loot I got sucked, but that getting that loot to burst from his corpse was still glorious.

• Options
    shergakshergak Registered User regular
    I finally got a character to T16 after all these years, and I did it on the back of the Typhon Hydra build, which seems like it'll fall off soon, but is good enough for now. It felt like a nice achievement. :)

• Options
    Which hydras? The frost ones pack a pretty good punch if you haven’t tried those yet.

I hope the new sets are finally up for haedrigs next round.

• Options
    shergakshergak Registered User regular
    Which hydras? The frost ones pack a pretty good punch if you haven’t tried those yet.

I hope the new sets are finally up for haedrigs next round.

Using frost hydras for now. Once I get enough ancients, I'll be switching it up to an LoD giant fire hydra build.

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Hey, random question because I can't find the answer anywhere online: Does the new Stone of Jordan effect work with the Convention of Elements?

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Hey, random question because I can't find the answer anywhere online: Does the new Stone of Jordan effect work with the Convention of Elements?

No. It's weird, the initial patch notes actually made this fairly clear, but people still got confused, so they changed the wording...to make it unclear. :rotate:

Basically, the elemental effect has to be permanent for the SoJ to benefit it.

EDIT: I mean, indirectly, because your elemental damage that is stacked via SoJ will stack with the CoE bonus, but not increase the CoE effect itself.

So, in the past, if you had 0% cold, and cold rolled around on CoE, you'd just have +200% to cold (assuming you had a skill that was cold, if you didn't have any +cold), but now, if you've got SoJ and 100% (I don't think you can get 100%, except for maybe fire?, someone else probably knows; either way not the point) to all your elements because of it, that +100% will always stack with the current element on CoE, so that cold damage would be +300%.

Still, not actually increasing CoE damage, but an overall increase to your elemental damage that stacks on top of CoE for even more damage. I'm not aware of any builds that take advantage of this atm, but then again I haven't played much this season after the first week or so.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    2.6.10 PTR info:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23529004/ptr-2610-preview-blog-9-25-2020
    PTR Focus & Details

We’ll be conducting the Patch 2.6.10 PTR, and phasing in content updates over the course of two weeks, starting Thursday, October 1. During this time there may be periodic maintenances, outages, hotfixes, or minor patches. This time around, testing will consist of two phases:

Phase 1 - October 1: During this phase, we will be introducing Legendary and Set item changes
    Phase 2 – October 8: In this phase, we will be adding the Seasonal Theme content

NOTE: Phase 1 content will persist throughout the entirety of the PTR. Phase 2 content will be an addition to the existing content.

There will be two PTR-unique buffs active to help you on your journey: increased Legendary drop rate and double Blood Shard drops. You can also buy new gear for testing from the special PTR vendor, Djank Mi'em, who will exchange Blood Shards for class-specific bags full of Legendary items that we'd love for you to test!

Class Changes: To ensure that the most significant class changes receive an ample amount of attention, we'd love for you to focus testing and feedback on the Wizard changes around Etched Sigils and Hydras, the Crusader’s Steed Charge build, and the Witch Doctor’s Crazy Chicken build.

So that we can efficiently review your posts, feedback should be provided in the PTR Feedback forum while bug reports should be provided in the PTR Bug Report forum.

Return to Top

PTR Testing Tips

As with our previous PTRs, this testing period is short, so it's best to hit the ground running. Whether you’re a PTR veteran or newcomer, we thought we’d pass along a few tips to get you started.

Because of the limited duration of this PTR, we ask that participants pick a particular portion of this update to focus on testing.
    For example, if you’re primarily a Wizard player, consider what changes impact the Wizard specifically. What you like best, what you think may still need adjustment, and what you’d want to see in the future (even if that may be beyond the scope of this patch) are all good questions to ask yourself.
    Prior to the start of PTR, consider stocking up on items like Puzzle Rings and Bovine Bardiches. Having these available after you import your character can make any necessary PTR farming much faster!
    Try to break things! Just tell us when you do so we can make sure that the patch launch is as smooth as possible.
    When providing feedback, focus less on a solution and more on your experience. How did the changes make you feel? Was there something “off” that you noticed? Did something seem wrong or insufficient? Suggestions are always welcome but identifying the issues themselves is most important.

Return to Top

Patch Notes

Below you will find the patch notes for the upcoming update for Diablo III, Patch 2.6.10.

PATCH 2.6.10
    Table of Contents:

Seasons
    Items
    Monsters
    Bug Fixes

Note: All changes apply to all versions of Diablo III, including PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC unless otherwise indicated. Please note that PTR is only available for PC and Mac users.

Seasons

The shadows, they are moving, and they seem… animated. It is as though they had a will of their own. Whatever this trickery is, perhaps you can use it to your advantage. Let’s see what the demons say when you fight side by side with your own shadow!

Shadows of the Past: Activating a Shrine/Pylon will spawn in a shadow clone of your class. This clone will randomly have 1 out of 3 predetermined builds. This clone's power will scale with your character and will last for 1 minute or if your character dies. See below for the shadow clone variations that can spawn when activating.

Witch Doctor
    Build Variation 1 Build Variation 2 Build Variation 3
    Grasp of the Dead - Rain of Corpses Wall of Death - Fire Wall Mass Confusion - Mass Hallucination
    Piranhas - Piranhado Firebomb - Flash Fire Spirit Barrage - The Spirit is Willing
    Wall of Death - Surrounded by Death Hex - Unstable Form Wall of Death - Communing with Spirits
    Zombie Charger - Zombie Bears Piranhas - Piranhado Piranhas - Piranhado
    Corpse Spiders - Medusa Spiders Zombie Charger - Explosive Beast Horrify - Face of Death
    Hex - Jinx Spirit Barrage - Well of Souls Grasp of the dead - Unbreakable Grasp

Wizard
    Arcane Orb - Frozen Orb Meteor - Molten Impact Arcane Orb - Obliteration
    Frost Nova - Bone Chill Arcane Orb - Obliteration Disintegrate - Intensify
    Blizzard - Unrelenting Storm Explosive Blast - Short Fuse Wave of Force - Debilitating Force
    Ice Armor - Frozen Storm Black Hole - Blazar Slow Time - Exhaustion
    Black Hole - Absolute Zero Energy Twister - Gale Force Energy Twister - Raging Storm
    Ray of Frost - Snow Blast Disintegrate - Convergence Meteor - Star Pact

Barbarian
    Seismic Slam - Shattered Ground Battle Rage - Marauder's Rage Overpower - Killing Spree
    Ground Stomp - Jarring Slam Threatening Shout - Falter Threatening Shout - Falter
    Avalanche - Volcano Wrath of The Berserker - Insanity Furious Charge - Battering Ram
    Earthquake - Molten Fury Sprint - Run Like the Wind Wrath of The Berserker - Insanity
    Wrath of The Berserker - Insanity Whirlwind - No Rune Bash - Pulverize
    Ancient Spear - Boulder Toss Rend - Lacerate Hammer of The Ancients - Rolling Thunder

Monk
    Blinding Flash - Faith in the Light Fist of Thunder - Thunderclap Exploding Palm - The Flesh is Weak
    Seven-Sided Strike - Fulminating Onslaught Deadly Reach - Scattered Blows Wave of Light - Explosive Light
    Inner Sanctuary - Sanctified Ground Way of the Hundred Fists - Hands of Lightning Lashing Tail Kick - Spinning Flame Kick
    Epiphany - Soothing Mist Lashing Tail Kick - Sweeping Armada Epiphany - Inner Fire
    Breath of Heaven - Circle of Scorn Dashing Strike - Barrage Sweeping Wind - Fire Storm
    Wave of Light - Empowered Wave Cyclone Strike - Implosion Seven-Sided Strike - Sudden Assault

Necromancer
    Land of the Dead - Frozen Lands Land of the Dead - Plaguelands Land of the Dead - Frozen Lands
    Frailty - Volatile Death Decrepify - Wither Bone Spear - Shatter
    Bone Spirit - Possession Army of the Dead - Blighted Grasp Death Nova - Bone Nova
    Corpse Explosion - Final Embrace Corpse Lance - Ricochet Frailty - Early Grave
    Bone Spear - Blood Spear Death Nova - Blight Army of the Dead - Death Valley
    Death Nova - Blood Nova Bone Spear - Blighted Marrow Corpse Lance - Blood Lance

Demon Hunter
    Marked for Death - Valley of Death Marked for Death - Valley of Death Marked for Death - Valley of Death
    Caltrops - Jagged Spikes Rain of Vengeance - Stampede Rain of Vengeance- Flying Strike
    Fan of Knives - Assassin's Knives Cluster Arrow - Shooting Stars Cluster Arrow - Maelstrom
    Chakram - Twin Chakrams Multishot - Arsenal Multishot - Wind Chill
    Vengeance - Side Cannons Vengeance - Personal Mortar Vengeance - From the Shadows
    Impale - Ricochet Elemental Arrow - Immolation arrow Elemental Arrow - Frost Arrow

Crusader
    Akarat's Champion - Fire Starter Akarat's Champion - Hasteful Akarat's Champion - Rally
    Falling Sword - Superheated Falling Sword - Flurry Falling Sword - Part the Clouds
    Sweep Attack - Blazing Sweep Judgment - Mass Verdict Heaven's Fury - Split Fury
    Consecration - Shattered Ground Consecration - Bathed in Light Fist of the Heavens - Retribution
    Bombardment - Annihilate Blessed Hammer - Limitless Iron Skin - Charged Up
    Condemn - Reciprocate Condemn - Reciprocate Shield Glare - Uncertainty

Rewards: Two unique new rewards, a portrait frame, and a pet will be granted to players who complete the Season 22 Guardian Journey.

Kanai’s Cube: Additionally, the Kanai’s Cube will have a fourth slot this season. This fourth slot will have the choices of the first 3 slots but will not stack with any of them. The intent is to provide players with creative flexibility to their character builds.

Return to Top

Items

General

Haedrig’s Gifts now grants all class sets and we have a new rotation schedule. This upcoming season, depending on which class you choose, Haedrig’s Gifts will reward you with Horde of the Ninety Savages, Aegis of Valor, Gears of Dreadlands, Patterns of Justice, Masquerade of the Burning Carnival, Mundunugu’s Regalia, or Typhon’s Veil.
    Stone Gauntlets now drops for all classes.
    Paragon Bonus Gold Find has been changed to Gold Pickup Radius at 0.1 per point.

Item Changes

New Item* Gelmindor’s Marrow Guards: Bone Spear cast from Simulacrums deal 400-500% increased damage.
    Ivory Tower: Rapid multiple blocks will now scale the damage for Fires of Heaven, up to a maximum of 2.5 times damage.
    Mantle of Channeling: Removed the 1 second start up before the power takes effect.
    Etched Sigil: While channeling Arcane Torrent, Disintegrate, or Ray of Frost, the damage of your Energy Twister is increased by 200-250%, and you also cast Energy Twister every second.
    Fragment of Destiny: Your Signature Spells attack 50% faster and deal triple damage. You gain a Spectral buff whenever you land an attack with a Signature Spell. Hydras deal 25-30% increased damage for each Spectral stack. Max 10 stacks.
    Valthek's Rebuke: Energy Twister now travels in a straight path and deals 300-400% increased damage.
    Winter Flurry: Enemies killed by Cold damage have a 25% chance to release a Frost Nova. Your Hydra deals 125-150% increased damage to enemies in a Blizzard.
    Wizardspike: Performing an attack has a 25% chance to hurl a Frozen Orb. Arcane Orb deals 300-350% increased damage.
    Delsere's Magnum Opus: 6 piece bonus increased from 8500% to 12500%.
    The Typhon's Veil: 6 piece bonus increased from 1300% to 2000%.
    Nervold's Fervor: Buff 2 piece bonus damage from 100% to 400%
    Armor of Akkhan: Buff 6 piece bonus damage from 1500% to 2000%
    Roland's Legacy: Buff 4 piece bonus damage from 13,000% to 17,500%
    Seeker of the Light: Buff 6 piece Blessed Hammer bonus damage from 12,000% to 15,000%
    Belt of the Trove: Every 4 seconds, call down Bombardment on a random nearby enemy. Bombardment deals 400-500% increased damage.
    Mortal Drama: Double the number of Bombardment impacts. Bombardement deals 400-500% increased damage.
    Manajuma's Way: Angry Chicken explosion damage increased from 400% to 2000%.
    Spirit of Arachyr: Buff 6 piece bonus damage from 9000% to 17,500%.
    Helltooth Harness: Buff 6 piece bonus damage from 9000% to 17,500%.
    Scrimshaw: Reduces the Mana cost of Zombie Charger by 75% and increases its damage by 6-7 times.
    Inna's Mantra: Buff 6 piece bonus damage from 750% to 950%.
    Shenlong's Spirit: Damage bonus increased from 200% to 350%.
    Gungdo Gear: Exploding Palm's on-death explosion applies Exploding Palm. Exploding Palm's damage is increased by 75-100%.
    Blade of the Tribe: War Cry and Threatening Shout cause an Avalanche and Earthquake. Avalance and Earthquake both deal 150-200% increased damage

HexDex on
    If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    edited September 2020
    PTR going up next week, the 1st.

Seasonal theme is shrines/pylons make a clone of you for a minute that uses 1 of 3 builds, listed on the site, AND a fourth Kanai slot that can be any item.

Haedrig’s is the new sets, there’s a bone spear buff via what sounds like new bracers, mantle of channeling loses the 1 second thing.

Meteor channeling got nuked from orbit, etched sigil is now twister only.

A bunch of other stuff too! Some other stand outs are a giant multiplier for zombie bears and the EQ damage on blade of the tribes finally moving to the unique property.

E: d’oh, too slow!

Noggin on
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    hmm...whats the usual timeframe from ptr to end of season? I need to finish the season on Switch still.

EDIT: uh..4th cube slot seems like it could be pretty nutso

EDIT EDIT: They seem to want Energy Twister to be a thing.

New Wizardspike is nice. I think frozen orb LoD is definitely gonna be a thing more than just for gearing up; particularly with 4 slots.

Also they seem to want Bombardment to be a thing with mortal drama and belt of the trove changes.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    It’s not exactly set in stone, but I’d wager you have another 5-6 weeks.

• Options
    Having Haedrigs be all the new sets makes picking a starting class next season a much more difficult choice.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Well boo. Screw Wizard for me then. I liked the Meteor build since it was a nice alternative.

Not that I played it much.

Edit: Wait, so Haedrigs is going to drop one piece of all the sets? That's wild! The 4th cube power is going to be interesting (although I can't think of how that will be awesome since I don't think much when playing D3).

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I don't think so? re:haedrigs.

I don't see it functioning differently than usual; just that this next season will be all the new sets, and there'll be a new rotation afterward.

Is this what you're thinking of?
    Haedrig’s Gifts now grants all class sets and we have a new rotation schedule. This upcoming season, depending on which class you choose, Haedrig’s Gifts will reward you with Horde of the Ninety Savages, Aegis of Valor, Gears of Dreadlands, Patterns of Justice, Masquerade of the Burning Carnival, Mundunugu’s Regalia, or Typhon’s Veil.

That's just saying that it will contain all sets going forward; they hadn't added any of the new sets to it before now. As it says in the next line "depending on which class you choose...", so it'll still just be the set based on the class you open it up.

• Options
    I don't think so? re:haedrigs.

I don't see it functioning differently than usual; just that this next season will be all the new sets, and there'll be a new rotation afterward.

Is this what you're thinking of?

That's just saying that it will contain all sets going forward; they hadn't added any of the new sets to it before now. As it says in the next line "depending on which class you choose...", so it'll still just be the set based on the class you open it up.

Oooohhhhhh yeah I misread that then. So new sets is cool too.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I’m still processing these changes, wondering if ivory tower is an added effect or a new effect (Possibly dropping the procs). Doesn’t say removed though so I guess the former?

My thought pre-notes was that crusader might be a fun start because FoH would basically be free and easy, but there might be some crazy combos with that 4th slot. Hmmmmm

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Changes seem pretty exciting. That 4th slot is interesting!

Also I'm wondering how viable these wizard twister builds will end up being

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I’m still processing these changes, wondering if ivory tower is an added effect or a new effect (Possibly dropping the procs). Doesn’t say removed though so I guess the former?

My thought pre-notes was that crusader might be a fun start because FoH would basically be free and easy, but there might be some crazy combos with that 4th slot. Hmmmmm

The other items list the effects they had, even new ones were added, so I think this is replacing the FoH cast.

I'm curious if the scaling damage is a timed buff that stacks, or if it's charge based buff that stacks.

I'm also curious if a Thorns/Bombardment build would be viable post patch. Barrel of Spikes on top of the Thorns 2pc buff, increased by the new buffs to Bombardment with Trove and Mortal Drama, could be crazy. Use Invoker for the rest of the set for Champion and that bonus damage (rrog to use both sets), with CDR where necessary and the cooldown reduction from Champion, it would make Bombardment have a nearly 100% uptime, on top of the random casts from Trove. Punish/slash to keep up the thorns buff and just unleash with Bombardment, constantly.

Throw Mortal Drama in the cube, use Norvalds for the now 400% buff after Steed, keep up that buff, keep up the thorns buff with punish or slash, I would assume the auto-casts of Bombardment from Trove would keep up the Thorns 4pc permanently.

So potentially to Bombardment:
    +400% Norvalds
    +200% Thorns Damage from Barrel of Spikes
    +15000% Thorns damage added to the above from 2pc Thorns set.
    +500% Trove
    +500% Drama
    Stack +Physical & Thorns wherever you can get it, Stone of Jordan for the extra physical (and fixing any poor elemental rolls elsewhere), or replace it with Unity if you need damage reduction on top of what you'll be getting elsewhere.
    +200% CoE rotating.
    And double it all because of Mortal Drama.

Something like this: https://www.d3planner.com/421853718 just with the changes in the patch notes. For the 4th slot, you could throw in Messerschmidt for Bombardment to be instantly ready all the time, and to increase uptime of Iron Skin and Shield Glare. Stone Gauntlets can probably be replaced with whatever (nemesis for speed, or Heart of Iron for more thorns) you don't need the damage reduction, and CoE could take Flavor if you want Pylons to last longer, or unity if you want to keep SoJ for constant +damage instead of the stupid CoE cycle, and still want damage reduction. EDIT: CoE is a massive buff though, removing it and the damage goes from 41T to 13T; which is what you're getting anytime physical isn't up (these numbers don't include the new damage buffs, so it's going to be way higher in the next patch), so you'd have to pick if you wanted the burst, or something else. I don't know exactly how the new buffs will stack (are the additive? multiplicative?), but I mean, even if they're additive, it moves the base, non CoE Bombardment damage to 130T so...:rotate: Oh, that also doesn't include the additional +300% from Norvalds

Can anyone see anything obviously wrong with this? It sounds fun as hell, and I really want to give it a shot now. :lol: EDIT: for HC, Indestructable could be replaced with any number of things (Finery would be the obvious choice), and damage reduction could be dropped in several places if dying isn't a huge obstacle. EDIT2: switched Stone Gauntlets for Heart of Iron and Bombardment damage went to 43trillion (from 40) so that buff isn't as great as I expected; and it doesn't make vit scale better than STR so you couldn't augment it to make it much better, probably not a great option for the cube. Also, Aquilla Cuirass would be a better damage reduction than Stone Gauntlets because there are no spenders. So I'd go with that, either frostburn/magefist for straight damage (if you've got SoJ), or Omnislash if you want to be sure to keep up the thorns buff always, but that seems unnecessary.

EDIT: the only problem with trying to test this now, is not having Messerschmidts in a 4th slot for cooldown, and the lack of Bombardment damage buffs elsewhere. On paper, it should still work, but it'd be super slow compared to what it could be next season. For now, Mortal Drama could probably be swapped for Messerschmidt, as the cooldown would be more beneficial than the double Bombardment. https://www.d3planner.com/957544595 with some changes to the above build. Spiked Barding could be swapped with Endurance if the damage from the thorns buff it gets is negligible. I guess for now, before the season, Mortal Drama could be your active weapon, with, I guess, Hellskull offhand? And Messerschmidts in the Cube. I dunno. It's not gonna compete with any of the main Crusader builds right now, but it might be a preview of what it could be soon, just..in slow-mo :lol:

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Glad to see a new season is around the corner. Starting to have the ARPG itch again.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Paragon Bonus Gold Find has been changed to Gold Pickup Radius at 0.1 per point.
    Interesting change people might have missed.

• Options
    Interesting change people might have missed.

I saw that, and I wondered if it means the normal orb/gold pickup; or if it's only gold. If it's the latter that's a garbage trade-off, considering most people just have their pets pick up gold anyway. :rotate:

If it's the former, the cool, 5 free pickup yards! Never hurts! Gold itself only matters for a minute each season anyway, by the time you really need gold to farm rifts, you can usually make it trivially. Radius is much more useful.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I can't imagine it does anything other than increase your Pickup Radius (Adventure stat) by 5. For most builds it's pretty meaningless, but for the few that benefit from increased Radius, it will be a nice little buff. I guess it'll make getting the Avarice conquest the "normal" way a little harder, but at least it'll be a more interesting stat now.

forty on
This discussion has been closed.