As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PC Games - Street Power Football and No Straight Roads out today!

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I was super excited about blasphemous but it just happened to come out when no videogames are able to make me want to play them

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Old Humble Choice Keys for you!

Them's Fightin' Herds

Loading...?

Whispers of a Machine

Loading...?

My Friend Pedro

Loading...?

Turok

Loading...?

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Yes I will absolutely play Blasphemous for the fourth time... with new content? For free? In three days!? Holy shit.

• EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Old Humble Choice Keys for you!

Them's Fightin' Herds

Loading...?

Much thanks. Now I too can get bodied by a demented alpaca.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    my mind is already racing with possible Lore Implications from this new DLC

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    berserk is good
    Griffin did nothing wrong.
    Griffin did everything wrong.

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    what's blowing my mind here is that this is free DLC

this isn't a small cosmetic update either, it seems like a substantial expansion of the original experience

I guess the game must've sold like gangbusters at release because I just cant see how this makes any kind of financial sense otherwise

Two guesses:

1) This is a game made as a passion project rather than a day job, so they made it as an addition to get the project where they really wanted it to wind up, or where they thought they could make it even better.
    2) Advertising the release of a new DLC gets the game back in people's heads, and picks up marginal customers who considered buying it but didn't already for whatever reason.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Actually the most important thing in that Blasphemous dlc/patch

50f45ea47c5cbf8bca0584d9f38fac482c01b16e.gif

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    The cultural impact of @CanYouPetTheDog is real

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    berserk is good

but...
    it's anime

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    berserk is good

but...
    it's anime

please do not mention the berserk animes

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    berserk is good

but...
    it's anime

n92fdhajgde2.gif

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    berserk is good

but...
    it's anime

n92fdhajgde2.gif

Clang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67XVUSaHIhg

BRICK AND TEAR

UNTIL IT IS DONE

EgkiheE.png

I was playing a game against a human opponent online, and at one point they sent a queen back in time from one of the ten timelines currently in play to put five of my past kings into check at once. I sent one of my own pieces even further back to stall, and they proceeded to send one of their queens back to the start of the game to try and beat me before I even got to that point. I was able to maneuver one of my bishops in the second-most divergent timeline into position to capture the queen in the alternate present once we got back to that point and save the game (I eventually won by checkmating their king 5 turns in the past)

from the steam review page

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    EgkiheE.png

I was playing a game against a human opponent online, and at one point they sent a queen back in time from one of the ten timelines currently in play to put five of my past kings into check at once. I sent one of my own pieces even further back to stall, and they proceeded to send one of their queens back to the start of the game to try and beat me before I even got to that point. I was able to maneuver one of my bishops in the second-most divergent timeline into position to capture the queen in the alternate present once we got back to that point and save the game (I eventually won by checkmating their king 5 turns in the past)

Someone get Blake Crouch on the phone. It's time for the novelization.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    part of my daily prayer is that Fable 4 is on PC at launch

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    A movie that is basically The Last Starfighter but 5D chess.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    The next major update for Warframe was just shown off and it's out in less than a month (August 25):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZriHdUG_Q4

TL;DW: It's another open world area, this one focusing on the infested.

I've been away from Warframe for a while and now seems like a decent time to catch up on the story quests I've missed.

Peewi wrote: »
    The next major update for Warframe was just shown off and it's out in less than a month (August 25):

I've been away from Warframe for a while and now seems like a decent time to catch up on the story quests I've missed.

apparently 'new player experience' is finally coming too

after more than a decade

better late than never

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    What does "new player experience" mean in this context?

IKknkhU.gif
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Like, a tutorial and getting you into the systems instead of how it’s been notoriously terrible at getting new players acquainted with what they should be doing/how anything works.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains

an actual onboarding tutorial/process

they've been kinda mum about what it fully entails though

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

The way the game introduces itself to new players playing the game for the first time. You know, tutorials and stuff. I guess there's a new cutscene?

cursedking wrote: »

Like, a tutorial and getting you into the systems instead of how it’s been notoriously terrible at getting new players acquainted with what they should be doing/how anything works.

they've had several intro tutorials over the years that are passable, but they literally only tell you the absolute basics of the game

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

after more than a decade

better late than never

It's only been out 7 years

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited August 2020

and this is neat: they demoed a new Frame today which is the game's first official non-binary Frame

Centipede Damascus on
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

after more than a decade

better late than never

It's only been out 7 years

sarcasm doesn't travel well in text

but I have 900 hours in the game

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    *looks at my own 2000+ hours* oh you sweet summer child

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I think I had like 900 hours before it came to Steam

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I actually logged in for the first time in like a year today to during the stream to see if i still remembered how to play (barely). I was surprised to find I hadn't been purged from the clan.

steam_sig.png
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I think I had like 900 hours before it came to Steam

yeah, I don't know how much I had back then

was probably 2-300

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    EgkiheE.png

this is some joseph joestar bullshit

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I'm sorry because this will almost certainly come across rude, but I am genuinely curious: what is it about Warframe that is worth putting that kind of hours into? Because I tried it on PS4 at some point, and after 3 hours or so I gave up. It just held no interest for me.

When I see people quoting play times that are longer than I've ever spent on a single game (at least since easy tracking of hours played has existed), I very much find myself wondering what it is about Warframe that keeps people coming back. I don't know if I should try it again to see if I just wasn't in the right kind of mood at the time, or if it is something that just misses me entirely, or what.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    it's fun to bullet jump through levels at 100 MPH mowing down crowds of mooks dynasty warriors style, and it's fun making the bars go up to make your gun/warframe really pimped out to hot knife through butter those mooks even harder, it's one of those games you have to somewhat enjoy the grinding in though.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    The gameplay is repetitive but fun, there's such a wide variety of weapons and Warframes that you can collect, and the game's setting and lore is pretty interesting too. I log on almost every day and I can find something slightly different to do, whether it's running bounties on one of the open world areas, playing the lottery with unlocking new weapons and top tier Warframe parts, leveling some new weapon or Warframe I've unlocked, or whatever.

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    So, was there something that grabbed you right off the bat? Because the initial hours felt extremely generic to me, and the gameplay was not interesting enough for me to try to keep pushing on with it. What got you to stick with it to the point that the variety was meaningful?

This discussion has been closed.