As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    --- oh that's horrifying

You can feed Warframes to the Helminth to be able to swap out Warframe abilities (just one ability per warframe)

So meaning: let's say you had a 'frame, you got the Prime! You can just. Feed it. To the Helminth.

This is horrifying :)
    Are there any other restrictions on that? Like, does it have to be a 1 slot to a 1 slot, a 2 slot to a 2 slot, etc?

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    Haven't played since Nov. 2019. This game really needs some sort of obvious re-onboarding.

. . .however I'll be damned if this isn't the coolest way to involve your fans in your presentation given the COVID limitations.

Honestly that was the very best COVID group function/thingy that I've been to, like... suuuper fun. I meant to take a nap but I stayed the whole time.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Did they announce something about cross saves, or was twitch chat just requesting a bunch of features?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    cB557 wrote: »
    --- oh that's horrifying

You can feed Warframes to the Helminth to be able to swap out Warframe abilities (just one ability per warframe)

So meaning: let's say you had a 'frame, you got the Prime! You can just. Feed it. To the Helminth.

Are there any other restrictions on that? Like, does it have to be a 1 slot to a 1 slot, a 2 slot to a 2 slot, etc?

It's a specific ability per sacrificed Warframe (Mag was Pull, Volt was Shock), but can replace any slot, it looked like.

They've said none of the abilities you can transfer will be ultimates or 'signature' abilities (the example they gave was Nekros' Desecrate).

So I'm guessing we're not going to be able to put Spores on Inaros or anything like that.

Billiardball on
    Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    --- oh that's horrifying

Each Frame has a chosen ability you get and it is never the "Signature Ability" You can replace any of a Frame Abilities but only one of them per frame, you can also set the replacement to a loadout slot to keep the base abilities available.

Edit: New Player Experience is coming in this update, they showed some screenshots and talked how they did some reworking of the first Vor fight but that was about it talked about it.

Who-Psyd on
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Wasn't able to watch. It sounds like "new new player experience" is actually coming soon?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    --- oh that's horrifying

It's a specific ability per sacrificed Warframe (Mag was Pull, Volt was Shock), but can replace any slot, it looked like.

They've said none of the abilities you can transfer will be ultimates or 'signature' abilities (the example they gave was Nekros' Desecrate).

So I'm guessing we're not going to be able to put Spores on Inaros or anything like that.

Okay if it's a specific ability that's less insane.

My brain was melting with the idea of putting chroma shit on Inaros/Nidus.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Wasn't able to watch. It sounds like "new new player experience" is actually coming soon?
    It's launching with heart of deimos.

M A G I K A Z A M
    edited August 2020
    My thoughts/guesses, if the ability per warframe is going to be something like Pull and Shock:

Ash - Shurikens. Potentially really popular given the augment's ability to strip armor.

Atlas - ... Landslide? Seems pretty powerful for such an ability, though, so they might go with something like Petrify. Not sure how the Rubble mechanic will play into this.

Banshee - Sonic Boom. Also potentially popular for its augment for the same reason as Ash.

Chroma - Spectral Scream. You will be laughed at for picking this, probably.

Ember - Fireball. Ignites enemies. Guaranteed heat effect is nice, but not as instant as Ash and Banshee. But doesn't require an aug.

Equinox - I have no idea. Metamorphosis is the 1, so that's not happening. Rest and Rage or Pacify and Provoke ... either are good but again, effects depend on your day/night form, so? Who knows.

Excal - Slash dash. Potentially nice for melee frames as a combo builder with the augment.

Frost - Freeze. S'okay I guess.

Gara - Shattered Lash. Also s'alright

Garuda - No clue, these abilities don't really fit with the theme of others. Dread Mirror? Or maybe just go Bloodletting since it's simple?

Harrow - Condemn. Lock everyone up in CHAINS and gain overshields for it.

Hydroid - Tempest Barrage zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Inaros - Desiccation. Hey wide range conal blind ain't bad for CC, and opens up to finishers.

Ivara - Quiver or Navigator. Considering the utility of Quiver, it might actually be Navigator, which ... could be potentially huge depending on loadout choices.

Khora - Whipclaw

Limbo - I have no fucking idea rofl all of his shit depends on warframe mechanics and banishing people to limbo.

Loki - Decoy zzzzzz

Mag - No credit for this, was already stated.

Mesa - Ballistic Battery I guess.

Mirage - I don't know. Hall of Mirrors and Eclipse are too strong to give. Maybe they'll be real dicks and make it Sleight of Hand to piss people off lol.

Nekros - Soul Punch

Nezha - Firewalker or Blazing Chakram.

Nidus - Virulence I guess? Again we'll have to see how they handle scaling for stuff.

Nova - Antimatter Drop probably. Null Star is the #1, but it's primarily defensive, which... is weird for a frame, come to think of it. And giving a defense multiplier buff ability seems not like something they'll do.

Nyx - Probably Psychic Bolts which will be hilarious because Nyx just got semi-popular again because of her ability to strip defenses. Hi Nyx, bye Nyx.

Oberon - Smite?

Octavia - Uuuuuuuuuuuuuh another weird one, lol. Maybe Mallet, but that's going to be odd.

Rhino - Rhino Charge. Potentially a nice survival ability with the augment (50% more armor per enemy hit)

Saryn - Uh.... uh ....... uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh... Can't do spores...Toxic Lash also does spores. Molt, probably?

Titania - All these abilities seem equally likely, honestly.

Trinity - Most of these abilities seem pretty signature, tbh. Link, maybe.

Valkyr - Rip Line because fuck you who wants a useful ability?

Vaub - Tesla Nervos?

Volt - Shock zzzzz.

Zephyr - Airburst

And those are the frames I own.

I have no idea how they're going to work some of these because a few frames rely on Warframe-specific mechanics for their abilities.

Dac on
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Neat, Tennocon Baro sells the slash mods that I missed out on by maxing out every arcane during Scarlet Spear. Now all that I'll need to do is farm the Razorback enough to get Bore, and I'll never have to touch an Eidolon greater than a Teralyst ever again.

jothki on
    Man being able to put Nova's antimatter drop on anything would be pretty good. Partly because you really could put it on anything; the only stat that does fuck all to it is efficiency. Duration, power strength, range, they don't matter. So, as long as you're not on the rare build that tanks efficiency, you've got insane AOE damage without having to adjust your build at all.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Yeah Octavia's gonna be a weird one
    Mallet - seems a little strong to give to every frame but maybe not. Without the 2 and 4 to support it maybe it would just be 'nice'
    Roller Ball - God I hope not
    Metronome - No fucking way they do this. Permanent invis on anything? Yeah, no fucking way.
    Amplifier - Even though it's her 'ultimate' it's probably the best choice, unless...
    Inspiration - I would absolutely take her passive if they let me, and I doubt they will.

Not to mention the mandachord would be a little odd. Maybe you'd be stuck with the default?

The thing I'm concerned about is that this is going to encourage not fixing underpowered/busted/pointless Warframe abilities because hey, you can just swap them out.

I know I'm going to swap Rip Line out for sure.

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Is there really no dedicated training area? Looking online it seems there's only a SIMULACRA that you need to unlock for 50K points. . .which is capped daily? That seems. . .dumb.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    Is there really no dedicated training area? Looking online it seems there's only a SIMULACRA that you need to unlock for 50K points. . .which is capped daily? That seems. . .dumb.

It is not as big a deal as it would appear, mainly cause you would likely earn that waaaay before you ever had enough build variety to want/need access.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    The thing I'm concerned about is that this is going to encourage not fixing underpowered/busted/pointless Warframe abilities because hey, you can just swap them out.

I know I'm going to swap Rip Line out for sure.

Rip Line's actually kind of awesome. I mean I don't use it much, but playing Tarzan for a bit can be really handy. Honestly don't see myself swapping abilities out though.

As for the simulacrum, um... Some of us have been playing since Xbox launch, and still no access. :p

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Who-Psyd wrote: »

It is not as big a deal as it would appear, mainly cause you would likely earn that waaaay before you ever had enough build variety to want/need access.

I just want it to be able to refamiliarize myself with the games controls, different Warframe abilities. Seems crazy something simple like that doesn't exist.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
    Trinity's will almost certainly be her 1. Her 2 is way more iconic for her, I think, and her 1 is the one people just kinda don't bother with. I actually suspect there will be some wiggle room if an "iconic" ability is kinda lame.

Anyway, basically this means nobody will ever use Chroma's actual 1 again.

The only thing I've found Rip Line is awesome for is speccing for max range and hitting dudes with it in open world content.

Because apparently enemies accelerate towards you when you hit them with it, and the longer the distance of the pull, the higher final top speed they'll end up moving.

So when your range on the pull is 150+ meters and you hit a guy with it, they're just gone. Either they're moving so fast that they clip through the world or they bounce off the terrain so hard that they enter LEO. But I never see them again.

edited August 2020
    if Firewalker is the one you get from Nezha that may be going on A LOT of 'frames

but man, it DOES make me feel squicky, like

2997c5d68nmv.png

and then the flip side I guess is, "What else am I supposed to do with all these Oberons"

Lucid_Seraph on
    Rip Line is a one-handed ability when cast onto terrain and can be used while performing various maneuvers and actions without interruption. When used upon allies, both Valkyr and the ally will also treat this action as a one-handed ability. However, casting on enemies (while grounded) will cause interruption.
    Can't recall what that "while grounded" means. If you cast it on an enemy while you're in midar, is it a one-handed action?

edited August 2020
    ... so actually, you know what will probably be a good guideline as to what Warframe abilities we can tape to other warframes might be?

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Railjack/Tactical_Menu

Not perfect obviously since there's a lot of Ultimates, and Volt and Mag's are not what we know them to be, but... I dunno. It's a thought.

Lucid_Seraph on
    Something that delights me, as a nonbinary gremlin*: DE staff only referred to Xaku with They/Them pronouns

Xaku might be our first nonbinary Warframe

(as one of my paramours, who has the same gender as I do*, said, "my gender is an amalgam of donors' pieces barely held together by the Void")

* I lost my gender in 2011 at a party, and haven't ever really bothered to find a replacement**. I think someone else grabbed that gender at the coat check, and I think that person is *much* happier with that gender than I ever was.

** I prefer they/them or other neutral pronouns, but I try not to make a big fuss about it, unless it's relevant to the discussion, as it is in this particular case.

if Firewalker is the one you get from Nezha that may be going on A LOT of 'frames

2997c5d68nmv.png

and then the flip side I guess is, "What else am I supposed to do with all these Oberons"

I'm just kind of assuming that anything that's a buff that has a decent duration will not be what gets picked, and that they'll try their best to pick active abilities.

I'm probably being optimistic with Gara and Khora, They'll likely be Spectrorage and Ensnare.

edited August 2020

2997c5d68nmv.png

I'm just kind of assuming that anything that's a buff that has a decent duration will not be what gets picked, and that they'll try their best to pick active abilities.

I'm probably being optimistic with Gara and Khora, They'll likely be Spectrorage and Ensnare.

ensnare is a god tier CC at least; it works on demolysts in Disruption

*edit* and duration hardly matters; it functions as "a hard CC until their Nullifier ability kicks in, then you just re-apply it because their Nully bubble is only 1 second"

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Something that delights me, as a nonbinary gremlin*: DE staff only referred to Xaku with They/Them pronouns

Xaku might be our first nonbinary Warframe

(as one of my paramours, who has the same gender as I do*, said, "my gender is an amalgam of donors' pieces barely held together by the Void")

* I lost my gender in 2011 at a party, and haven't ever really bothered to find a replacement**. I think someone else grabbed that gender at the coat check, and I think that person is *much* happier with that gender than I ever was.

** I prefer they/them or other neutral pronouns, but I try not to make a big fuss about it, unless it's relevant to the discussion, as it is in this particular case.

Either that, or it’s a Venom-type situation, since Xaku is a gestalt of three distinct individuals.

Or both, if one or more of the three Warframes that make up Xaku was already identified as nonbinary before they were combined.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I'm just really glad that people will finally shut the fuck up about Hydroid Prime's trailer

JtgVX0H.png
    Pablo has been talking on twitter.

Saryn is confirmed for Molt.
    Neza is Firewalker.

Latter makes sense, I suppose, since the hoops were pretty iconic, but this now opens the door for buffs to be up as subsumption options.

Still not thinking Chroma's Vex Armor is up for sub option, but Ward now might be - though I'd still be surprised since that's potentially a huge buff to hand out.

I just want to point out that I made this post in September of last year.

Just so everyone remembers.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    I'm just really glad that people will finally shut the fuck up about Hydroid Prime's trailer

What do you mean? I must have managed to miss that...

• kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

What do you mean? I must have managed to miss that...

I also don't read anything gaming related or watch any related youtubs and am similarly in the dark. So many memes wasted on me.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular

Neza is Firewalker.

Latter makes sense, I suppose, since the hoops were pretty iconic, but this now opens the door for buffs to be up as subsumption options.

Still not thinking Chroma's Vex Armor is up for sub option, but Ward now might be - though I'd still be surprised since that's potentially a huge buff to hand out.

Let's be honest, we all know what the least broken ability from Chroma to hand out would be.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Neza is Firewalker.

compared to other "spam 1 for a low powered attack", smite really isn't that bad

steam_sig.png
  • BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular

Neza is Firewalker.

Firewalker opens up some fun options. Looking forward to seeing it on Gauss or Grendel or even Titania.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
    edited August 2020
    *watches gameplay video*

welp. guess i'm done.
    "Let it burn. Let it all die. Let me dissolve into nothing before I...

Do what you must. But I will have no part of it."

Commander Zoom on
    Let me dissolve

Poor choice of words.

Let me dissolve

Poor choice of words.

Deliberate choice. But it should probably have a content/trigger warning, apologies.
    Isn't that how Tenno, Operators, die? By letting go of form, discorporating, ceasing to be?

Let me dissolve

Poor choice of words.

Deliberate choice. But it should probably have a content/trigger warning, apologies.
    Isn't that how Tenno, Operators, die? By letting go of form, discorporating, ceasing to be?

Oh no, I wasn't actually upset.
    I was just making a joke about how we can now force our warframes to literally dissolve into the walls of our helminth room.

edited August 2020
    Let me dissolve

Poor choice of words.

Oh no, I wasn't actually upset.
    I was just making a joke about how we can now force our warframes to literally dissolve into the walls of our helminth room.
    Give them to the cancer, you mean.

And let me be clear about why I thought about that warning:
    With the course DE is on, I am very rapidly running out of room and excuses not to stop playing - which would mean my Operator giving up being Tenno, or ceasing to exist entirely.

and the thing is... I doubt they even thought about it, that this could be an issue for some people.

(fuck cancer)

Commander Zoom on
This discussion has been closed.