As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Quarantimes 2: Quarantine Harder

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Shorty wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    It's incredible that Applebee's is still in business.

I used to go there with @whippy all the time

that gal loves her some fiesta lime chicken

get you a stack of comic books and a big plate of half price apps and baby you got yourself a bro day

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    rip 2007

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    So I've been working out daily since Spring Break when the school closed. Today I've reached a milestone. I am able to button up the pants of my grandfather's 1960's, Mad Men style, three piece executive suit! It is tight but I did it! I'm the only one in my entire extended family who was the same height as my grandfather, 6'2, and had a similar build, thin.

Now I need to get some nice dress shoes to go with it.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Holy shit work is trying to get me back in tonight

I am not prepared for this I was hoping to at least have the weekend to get ready.

Edit: hoo boy the nurse saved me. I don't start work until Monday.

Juggernut on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    those are all amazing but "if you lost someone to a dinosaur on legs sorry but we have legs too" is really doing it for me

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Oh good. My county board voted unanimously to support the county health director issuing a mask mandate.

Oh even better, the state AG started questioning whether the health director had the authority to issue a mask mandate and now they are not going to do it.

We are fucked.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    My wife and I have been petty good Scott quarantine. Until this weekend. Our friends are going through with their wedding. We are both in the wedding or we'd decline. Tonight was the rehearsal dinner and they also had their families over so even with masks there was like 35 people in a house.

Tomorrow will be over 100 at the wedding. Masks encouraged but damn I think we're both going to get tested in two weeks

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Not to like, be your parent or doctor or anything Skragg, but Covid coupled with the 'beeds is really bad. Take every precaution you can think of.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    See I would have just said "sorry, can't be in the wedding, make better choices."

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Yeah uh

That seems.............

Get tested about three days out, depending on the county you're in a gathering of 100 people can either be high risk or higher risk, and there can be a significant delay depending on your state even once you're tested

Better to get tested sooner than later, but too early and you're more likely to get false test results

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I had to RSVP no to my cousin's wedding (invited, not a part of it). I have strongly advised the rest of my family to also skip, but I feel like they're waffling based on social pressure. They really, really need to NOT be pressured into it.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Hey folks, want to hear something hilarious?

It's August.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Hey folks, want to hear something hilarious?

It's August.

I honestly feel like we're stuck in a weird "welcome to Nightvale"-esque aesthetic

Look up, look down, it's August but also still March

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Nova Scotia has gone mask madatory as of today, seems a little fuckin late to the party but good let's do it

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    See I would have just said "sorry, can't be in the wedding, make better choices."

To be fair wedding was scheduled in like January. RSVPs went out in February. They really should have cancelled it though. Their older relatives are uninvited, but one grandma refused to not show up. Several venues and food places cancelled, the original venue for the rehearsal cancelled, the hair and makeup people cancelled, like 6 other things happened, oh and it's raining today

• Options
    Cello wrote: »
    Yeah uh

That seems.............

Get tested about three days out, depending on the county you're in a gathering of 100 people can either be high risk or higher risk, and there can be a significant delay depending on your state even once you're tested

Better to get tested sooner than later, but too early and you're more likely to get false test results

This is good info. There's a couple testing places here. The nasal swab, which is free, or a saliva one for $150. We just had no idea when to go. Some stuff online says 9-14 says

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    The amount of acquaintances or friends of friends who are just convinced this pandemic is some vast conspiracy and that "it will go away when Biden wins" is really freaking me the fuck out

They're spouses and family members of very smart people, many of whom work in healthcare industries

What the fuck is wrong with people

If everyone actually isolated, that still wouldn't have happened

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Yeah uh

That seems.............

This is good info. There's a couple testing places here. The nasal swab, which is free, or a saliva one for $150. We just had no idea when to go. Some stuff online says 9-14 says

Nasal swab is not that bad fyi, I won't be doing it for fun anytime soon, they did poke my brain, but it was totally doable and quick.

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    On the one hand you can super tell my brother resents me and my wife for having jobs we can do at home, and wants to bang the sympathy drum of having to be "out there, *everyday*". And then on the other hand, he's absolutely fucking thrilled to inform me that they just got back from their multi state vacation, and went out on lake, and his weekly buddy poker sessions have started up again, and they're going to a wedding next week, and...

And I try to bite my tongue and not directly judge him for being a feckless dipshit (which is next to impossible; it's how we were raised), change the subject to my wife doing a social distance hang with her girls this weekend and my kids stating out at least one full semester for remote learning. And then, dripping with condescension, in a voice more punchable than Ted Cruz's face, he smugly asks "Wow, so you guys are taking this whole thing pretty seriously, huh?"

• Options
    We both know this wedding is a bad awful idea, but these are our closest friends and we love them, so we're hoping for the best. Thankfully at set up this morning nearly everyone is wearing masks

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Yeah uh

That seems.............

Check on the specific tests/local health units to be sure, but my understanding is it takes 2-4 days for the virus to finish incubating, and the arrival of symptoms around day 5, but there's room for variance there too, these are averages

If you go too early, the virus may still be incubating and not show up on a test; if you go a few days past what your exposure event would be, it's more likely to measure correctly. There's also the risk of false readings depending on the test type, so you're best off self-isolating regardless to make sure you're not an asymptomatic carrier, if possible

I'm not a doctor though, so check with your local health units and see what they advise

Hoping for the best!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    We both know this wedding is a bad awful idea, but these are our closest friends and we love them, so we're hoping for the best. Thankfully at set up this morning nearly everyone is wearing masks

I'm in a similar situation, have a wedding to go to in October and I'm scared shitless!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm heading to Florida in two weeks to attend my brother's officer commissioning/graduation with Master degree. The good news is that we're basically going directly to his house, doing the ceremony on Zoom, then staying at his house for the remainder of the visit before leaving again. The original plan, made back early in the year, was visiting Disneyland and Kennedy Space Center. Those aren't happening.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I've been trying to make travel plans to see Important Folks in the midwest/eastern US since February, and I have no idea when it's legit going to happen

Theoretically even though the border is "closed" I could make the trip but the quarantine dance on either end almost makes it impossible regardless of the fact its a bad idea to travel

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    So many people are going the elope now, party later route for weddings currently

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    that's what I did

we had five people at our ceremony and the only reason we had that many people is because we had to

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

I'm in a similar situation, have a wedding to go to in October and I'm scared shitless!

I know this is easier said that done, maybe, but your friends/family should understand your fears, and respect them. Have a talk, and explain that you are uncomfortable going.

I've turned down events like that, and I live somewhere pretty safe atm. But, you get a lot of travel from various places to something like that, and it's inherently risky. You don't know how cautious others have been, or haven't been.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    We were planning on doing some stuff this weekend by now my wife has a sore throat so we're staying in.

It's probably nothing, and it sucks to be stuck inside all weekend, and monday is a holiday which makes it suck even more

but better safe than spreader I guess.

• Options
    It is Saturday night, I am alone and cleaning out my drains

Truly

https://youtu.be/vAiqeB4p028

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I snapped the arm of my sunglasses. Where am I supposed to find more, with travel curtailed and no appropriate shops nearby?
    truly this is a low point.

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    I snapped the arm of my sunglasses. Where am I supposed to find more, with travel curtailed and no appropriate shops nearby?

3d print your own out of a totally mismatched color.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »

3d print your own out of a totally mismatched color.

Brilliant. Just need to mold a 3d printer out of earwax.

• Options
    Could you build a robot that can travel to the store and buy a new pair?

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Tape a pencil to it and use the pencil as a makeshift arm

• Options
    Or wait for that helpful gorilla to bring you a tube of Gorilla Glue

• Options
    Pretty morbid to think gorillas are okay with the use of gorilla glue. Or do they enjoy being glued to eachother I'm not a gorilla doctor.

• Options
    They seem pretty okay with it considering they shill for it

• Options
    No no the glue is made from the gorillas I'm pretty sure

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    It's made by gorillas, for gorillas, from gorillas.

GDdCWMm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.