As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Black Lives Matter Thread 4

• Options
    Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Woody was pretty country

was gonna say, woody was folk as hell and famously put "This machine kills fascists" on his guitar

i once saw an AK that someone had carved "this machine makes folk music" into the stock

from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    It was really awkward and they were already covered in groupies

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    This thread is full of Cultural Marxism

• Options
    fuck yeah it is

• Options
    i remembered wrong, it was the handguard

EElJ5qp.jpg

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Hey y'all, it's Emancipation Day (August 1, the anniversary of the day slavery was abolished in Britain and therefore their colonies, like Canada)

There's a motion to acknowledge it federally, but it's been recognized provincially by Ontario since 2008

This is a pretty good opinion piece on being Black in Canada in this time, and how white allyship is lacking as momentum slows

https://www.refinery29.com/amp/en-ca/emancipation-day-canada?__twitter_impression=true

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    i remembered wrong, it was the handguard

EElJ5qp.jpg

yo this rules

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    obama wants you to turn out to vote but he doesn't want to actually do anything for you beyond the bare minimum and he's mad that you won't just go along with it

the democrat theory of politics is that voting is about personal responsibility. as a competent adult it's your duty to vote democrat and failure to do so is a sign of moral and intellectual weakness which must be corrected through re-education programs, if not actual force. they don't owe you anything - you owe them fealty like a medieval lord and you should be grateful for their scraps

the republican theory of politics is of course "hell yeah dude whatever goes". complete mystery why they win all the time

• Options
    Cello wrote: »
    Hey y'all, it's Emancipation Day (August 1, the anniversary of the day slavery was abolished in Britain and therefore their colonies, like Canada)

There's a motion to acknowledge it federally, but it's been recognized provincially by Ontario since 2008

This is a pretty good opinion piece on being Black in Canada in this time, and how white allyship is lacking as momentum slows

https://www.refinery29.com/amp/en-ca/emancipation-day-canada?__twitter_impression=true

the massive crying-shame injustice at the bottom of all of this is the fact that the main impediment to institutional treatment of large numbers of people like full-fledged human beings is average white folks being just incapable of fuckin' caring for long enough to make a difference. if we cared near as much about systemic racism as we do about paying 3% less tax over the first hundred grand the authorities would have no choice but to do shit about it

the shit MLK was saying half a goddamn century ago is just as relevant now as it was then and it's indefensible

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    Oh man I only got to hang out with Alestorm

I walked out of a show they headlined while they were still playing their set.

They just didn't have the energy of the bands opening for them. They were boring.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

the massive crying-shame injustice at the bottom of all of this is the fact that the main impediment to institutional treatment of large numbers of people like full-fledged human beings is average white folks being just incapable of fuckin' caring for long enough to make a difference. if we cared near as much about systemic racism as we do about paying 3% less tax over the first hundred grand the authorities would have no choice but to do shit about it

the shit MLK was saying half a goddamn century ago is just as relevant now as it was then and it's indefensible

I've been doing a lot of thinking about the fact that if cops could just not wage war on protestors for like... a week, white people would get bored of it and stop caring

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

I've been doing a lot of thinking about the fact that if cops could just not wage war on protestors for like... a week, white people would get bored of it and stop caring

The dave Chappelle "... beating black people like hotcakes. " line from his old special comes to mind.

Now I'm wondering if anyone has created a game mod where anyone you shoot falls to the ground and sprinkles crack on themselves

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    you pretty much only need one word

you know the one

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular

Fun Fact:

In Upper Canada the Act Against Slavery was passed in 1793. It was put forward by Lieutenant-General John Simcoe, who saw a slave woman being violently forced back to the United States and thought that sucked.

The act itself also kind of sucked, because the slave owners in the legislative assembly demanded that if there were to be no more slaves imported, then they should, at the very least, be able to keep the slaves they did have until those slaves died.

Fun fact about John Simcoe:

About four years after passing The Act Against Slavery, he went down to Haiti fight the revolutionaries in an attempt to take the island for the British who would then, presumably, set up slave operated sugar plantations for themselves.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    As someone whose career is based in the 18th century, you learn really quickly that white people fucking suck.

Almost every "founding father" is evil. And I'm being generous with the 'almost'.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

Fun Fact:

In Upper Canada the Act Against Slavery was passed in 1793. It was put forward by Lieutenant-General John Simcoe, who saw a slave woman being violently forced back to the United States and thought that sucked.

The act itself also kind of sucked, because the slave owners in the legislative assembly demanded that if there were to be no more slaves imported, then they should, at the very least, be able to keep the slaves they did have until those slaves died.

Fun fact about John Simcoe:

About four years after passing The Act Against Slavery, he went down to Haiti fight the revolutionaries in an attempt to take the island for the British who would then, presumably, set up slave operated sugar plantations for themselves.

this fact isn't fun at all!

• Options
    MidniteMidnite Registered User regular
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Ugh why won't friggin tweets load on mobile this is driving me crazy someone feed me the context I so crave!

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Portland sheriffs just assaulted a crowd- slashing tires, macing and beating people, many of whom they did not even attempt to arrest. They simply wanted to assault the protesters at the MCSO, and so they did.
    Portland sheriff's have just declared an unlawful assembly. they are about to attack https://www.pscp.tv/w/1BRKjYRzBavxw

Tweeter is Robert Evans, independent journalist who has been covering the protests in Portland.

• Options
    Midnite wrote: »
    Portland sheriffs just assaulted a crowd- slashing tires, macing and beating people, many of whom they did not even attempt to arrest. They simply wanted to assault the protesters at the MCSO, and so they did.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

Huh, as far as I know this day isn't recognised in Britain at all.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

Huh, as far as I know this day isn't recognised in Britain at all.

First of August is Yorkshire Day in England

Priorities! :rotate:

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    details are incredibly sketchy right now but there are rumblings all over social media about a massive prison riot in georgia last night

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Can we get sourcing that isn't Tariq Nasheed? That dude is a massive bigot toward LGBTQ people.

• Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    Can we get sourcing that isn't Tariq Nasheed? That dude is a massive bigot toward LGBTQ people.

my apologies

he was the only verified account I saw tweeting about it

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    It's alright! I've done that sometimes with other users on Twitter too.

In other news, I hope the embedded tweet shows here:

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    It's alright! I've done that sometimes with other users on Twitter too.

In other news, I hope the embedded tweet shows here:

It's an Instagram account
    9xadiv162otw.png

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Sexy.....by way of the Seattle police department.
    Cw:bruises
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3186990348043706&id=468600133216088

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    settle for biden is cringe but it's also not related to the actual campaign in any way and therefore I don't see any reason to talk about it

• Options
    yeah this kind of thing is standard in the internet age

I distinctly remember john kerry is a douchebag but I'm voting for him anyway dot com back in 2004

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular

see a guy tweet a few legit funny jokes and then oh boy here he is claiming native americans are a conspiracy to steal another continent from the black man.

emphasis on man cuz the dude's a massive misogynist too.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

see a guy tweet a few legit funny jokes and then oh boy here he is claiming native americans are a conspiracy to steal another continent from the black man.

I'm trying to understand the logistics of this one, and good lord what

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

wh....what

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    That’s on the level of “if it weren’t for my horse, I wouldn’t have spent that year in college”

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular

I'm trying to understand the logistics of this one, and good lord what

there was a whole thing back when those two native kids got the cops called on them during a university tour and he claimed they were pretendians because they weren't black enough and it just escalated from there.

tldr: hoteps.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    *SIGH*

Ugh.

Can we just catapult all white guys into the Sun?

"but Chris, YOU'RE white!" I hear someone exclaim

You know what? Fuck it, put me first in line. Just as long as those other fucking imbeciles are close after.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    *SIGH*

Ugh.

You know what? Fuck it, put me first in line. Just as long as those other fucking imbeciles are close after.

tariq nasheed is not white my dude

• Options
    *SIGH*

Ugh.

tariq nasheed is not white my dude

Sorry, I didn't realise people would think I was replying.

I've been spending a self-destructive drunken night yelling at anti-maskers.

This discussion has been closed.