As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Justice of the [Chat]

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Have you considered that sleep is death and the Neco who wakes up is not the Neco who went to bed, because she is gone forever?

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Have you considered that sleep is death and the Neco who wakes up is not the Neco who went to bed, because she is gone forever?

this is trivially true and also time is death and the winky now is not the winky that made this post because he is gone forever

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited August 2020

Yet my consciousness always remains. If I was truly another me, then I would know the difference because I would be a ghost. You however, would be the ones bamboozled as you would have no way of knowing

Neco on

this is trivially true and also time is death and the winky now is not the winky that made this post because he is gone forever

Mourn him

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Unfortunately every future me will remember Neco's masterpiece fictions from tonight

Every molecule will always remember

edited August 2020
    Neco wrote: »

Yet my consciousness always remains. If I was truly another me, then I would know the difference because I would be a ghost. You however, would be the ones bamboozled as you would have no way of knowing

Actually every single time you go unconscious a new ghost Neco is created. You are constantly haunted by every one of these ghosts.

Winky on
    Tumin wrote: »
    Unfortunately every future me will remember Neco's masterpiece fictions from tonight

Every molecule will always remember

Mitch’s gums flap in utter bemusement

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    @Sir Landshark

https://imgur.com/gallery/KiRVH9h

Architectural disasters

Just dogshit architecture

Huge fan of the toilet in the narrow hallway, so narrow I couldn’t turn around in it, so I would have to pull down my pants and shuffle backwards to the toilet to poop

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    a
    "Sir Landshark"

Architectural disasters

when i was an intern i went out to a jobsite as a tagalong kinda deal - to learn and observe

construction documents are often drafted with callouts on the plan views that essentially cut a section through the top-down view to show an elevation view. these callouts show the location and orientation of the view and typically are designated by a letter within a circle with an arrow attached.

the foreman on site had the unfortunate task of explaining why one of his crewmembers drew a letter within a circle with an arrow attached into the freshly cured concrete in the middle of the lobby for a new hospital in SF

I’m on his side.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    I feel like we can make that toilet location worse.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    That toilet is incredibly well defended. If you’re using a halberd or a spear, and get invaded by someone with a sword, mace, or a hammer you’re 100% safe. No way anyone can swing at you if you’re back in that toilet.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    "Sir Landshark"

Architectural disasters

I'm having a flight or fight response to several of these.

The fucking fridge diagonally positioned in the middle of the room with the walls built around it because looking at the back of the fridge is unfathomable.

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I feel like we can make that toilet location worse.

This is the kind of thinking that makes America great

The photo of the toilet paper holder in the bathroom cabinet.

I actually had that in a bathroom.

I didn't use that toilet paper holder as a result.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    Which was worse, the bathtub on the stairwell or the carpeted bathtub?

Carpet for sure. Imagine how it must smell in there after a year or so (or even less)

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

You're basically choosing if you want to die quickly or slowly.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    When I was a kid my dad actually carpeted the bathroom.

I was a kid so all I understood was that the floor was no longer cold so I was on board, but it was a heinous choice.

Luckily he half assed it so it was trivial to remove the carpet at some point later.

The bathrooms in older folks’ homes should have that bouncy gym flooring

That’s where most falls occur

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I thought prof x didn't have any telekinesis

edited August 2020
    At least the stairwell bathtub can be entered/exited from the back of the tub and avoid the stairs completely.

Neco on
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Yup. Finished Quantum Shadows.

Easily the best book of the year for me. Sci fi mixed with mythology and religion, focusing on religious conflicts and basically how stupid and destructive they are.

also @Atomika
    Corvyn is Odin. That's why he has the whole raven schtick going.

It's also really nice to have a protagonist who isn't outclassed by his enemies for once.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    good evening folks.

I am super busy tonight but I want to say hello

man dealing with availability with covid Is hard enough add in days when housekeeping isn't coming in for *reasons above my paygrade*

pretty sure at this rate I wont have any rooms to rent on Monday cause most will be out of order cause of covid and management didn't wanna pay housekeepng to work the holiday

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Huh. I though Wilford Brimley was older

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with cow kitchen

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Umbrella Academy S2 doesn't entirely escape the sophomore outing but its better than most.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited August 2020
    Among the many things wrong with cow kitchen, it simply does not commit.

The ceiling is white instead of blue
    The floor is not pasture themed
    The white cabinets overlap both cow and sky and look like neither.

A backsplash and blue paint above the cabinets does not make effective gimmick decor.

Donkey Kong on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I wonder if there are like breed specific body signals for dogs. Our chihuahua/beagle does the spinning and freezing thing when he's trying to get the boston terrier to play with him, but the boston does the head down butt up wiggle bit for the same goal. They seem to understand each other though.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Ok but we agree the brown dog is winning right

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    blah no rants

Tumin on
    I am weirdly feeling very gross and dysphoric tonight. I think there may be something wrong with my hormone levels? All of a sudden I’m getting acne, dandruff, and hairs everywhere. No idea what’s up there. I should get some labs drawn.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I am awake. I consider this a mistake.

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Alone, with others is how I enjoy all activities

Safely ensconced within my AT field, waiting for 3rd impact

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Hmm I wonder about my phone. 54% battery, third screen brightness and browsing one website - barely able to hold it in my hand due to the heat.

PSN: Honkalot
    What if every sport is just an advanced form of Calvinball in disguise.

And suddenly it will rise to the surface and the foundations will crack and the sports will tumble down the mountain that has been lurking beneath us this whole time.

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I am awake. I consider this a mistake.

*1 hour later*

rip echo? No, rip mr

This discussion has been closed.