As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    9pzoynv9ptvm.jpg

Kitty is mega highroll, like I said. Which probably means that as people figure out how to play safe and avoid dying in early game, kitty becomes really good.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    18.5% of kittumcat players end at 1st place, which means if you can survive and get there....

That's also very similar to Flurgl's placement distro, which, same thing. If Flurgl survives and gets to T5 in a good spot, he just fucking crushes the whole lobby.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I think this is what I'll be rolling on day 1. Face is the place and we've got some nice new 1 drops in Demon Companion and Wolpertinger, Panthera as midgame cycle, and Voracious Reader is just lols.

4MqAIA.png

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    I think this is what I'll be rolling on day 1. Face is the place and we've got some nice new 1 drops in Demon Companion and Wolpertinger, Panthera as midgame cycle, and Voracious Reader is just lols.

4MqAIA.png

I might steal that shit day one

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    My favorite thing in BGs is looking at the left on round 2 starting and seeing who tavern upgrades.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    9pzoynv9ptvm.jpg

Kitty is mega highroll, like I said. Which probably means that as people figure out how to play safe and avoid dying in early game, kitty becomes really good.
    Everything about Biggs that I predicted just from reading the hero power note is coming to fruition.

• Options

http://hsdecker.hp88.co.uk/decks/AAECAR8ClwiHsAMO7QaC0AP8rwOFsAOizgPJBKK5A/OnA/vOA/uvA/+6A8bRA/4MqAIA.png
    I like how Wolpertinger is just powercreeped Alleycat.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Heeeeeeere's what I'm workshopping so far:

atA+q6Aw3w1AObzgOMrgP5tQOh0QPougPvogO80AOSzQPe0QP9rQOT0QO60AMA.png

Basically just omega ramp Big Druid. Three 5 cost Beasts for consistency for Guardian Animals. Ramp up and slam out Survival of the Fittest, get big big bois going. Ysiel is there basically just to mitigate the tempo loss of casting a 7 or 10 mana spell. Plus she turns into an instant 9/9 with SotF. I ended up cracking her so I figured like, why not. I think she's better than Kael'thas because I'm not aiming to be saving my cheap spells to combo, I'm going to be using them as soon as I can. Lightning Bloom will be used for ramping out big bois, period the end, not as a combo card. THEN AGAINNNN I have Anubisaths as the tempo mitigator so maybe she's not needed.

I'm not entirely sure if Breath really fits in the deck with only three Dragons. But Spell Druid can get away with it, so. Maybe! It was either that or Wild Growth, but... Wild Growth feels slowwwww now. I don't think Innervate makes the cut with Lightning Bloom being a thing, honestly.

Rising Winds for early draw or early board, depending. It's super flexible. Otherwise you get most of your draw from Twilight Runner. But I figure if you mull for Ramp cards the rest will sort itself out cause you'll have SO MUCH MANA at that point. Polkelt as the EASIEST SotF tutor in the history of anything.

OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Feno was playing something similar in the latest trolden clip. The high roll of that deck is insane (which is what the clip was).

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I screwed up a possible first place win just now. I got tunnel vision trying to find a 3rd Mal'Ganis for my Demon deck, against a person I was fighting against several rounds in a row. I wasn't paying attention to all the Annihilan Battlemaster cards that were coming up, but my opponent did; suddenly in the last battle he had a card on the table with around 150 health. That could have been mine.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »

http://hsdecker.hp88.co.uk/decks/AAECAR8ClwiHsAMO7QaC0AP8rwOFsAOizgPJBKK5A/OnA/vOA/uvA/+6A8bRA/4MqAIA.png
    I like how Wolpertinger is just powercreeped Alleycat.

Sometimes ya' gotta creep!

0mneag1fu69a.png

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    The main problem with Beasts in Battlegrounds is that they don't get a single minion worth buying between tiers 2 and 6. Well, I guess Hydra at 4, but that's it. They need a redistribution of their guys, and Macaw needs to go away so that can happen.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    random brews:

buff priest
    vRA+ubA8PRAw2spQO70QOk1QO00QObugOvugPpugOnywOloQPj0QPZrAOZtgPA0QMA.png

kelpto priest
    AAECAa0GBPvRA+ubA9wBs8wDDZibA8vNA5u6A9MK1woe49EDyQaClAPRpQOZtgOQAp+pAwA=.png

pirogue 2020
    7RA4rQA4+XA9XUA4jQA+4Gi9ADAA==.png

updated duel pally
    oBzwaGnAOzA8q4A9LRA6CeA8SZAwA=.png

control dragon hunter
    q8Di60D5MwDnM0D57ADgbEDr7cDoaEDAA==.png

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Me a bit ago: "Okay enough Hearthstone for the night, I gotta get these notes recorded permanently before I lose them."
    Me a minute ago: "Okay work done, should get ready for bed."
    Me right now: "One more Hearthstone match though."

• Options
    HOOOO BABY I JUST PUT SOME POOR PERSON ON FULL TILT, GOODNIGHT THREAD!

6wUZDRt.png

• Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    Heeeeeeere's what I'm workshopping so far:

atA+q6Aw3w1AObzgOMrgP5tQOh0QPougPvogO80AOSzQPe0QP9rQOT0QO60AMA.png

Basically just omega ramp Big Druid. Three 5 cost Beasts for consistency for Guardian Animals. Ramp up and slam out Survival of the Fittest, get big big bois going. Ysiel is there basically just to mitigate the tempo loss of casting a 7 or 10 mana spell. Plus she turns into an instant 9/9 with SotF. I ended up cracking her so I figured like, why not. I think she's better than Kael'thas because I'm not aiming to be saving my cheap spells to combo, I'm going to be using them as soon as I can. Lightning Bloom will be used for ramping out big bois, period the end, not as a combo card. THEN AGAINNNN I have Anubisaths as the tempo mitigator so maybe she's not needed.

I'm not entirely sure if Breath really fits in the deck with only three Dragons. But Spell Druid can get away with it, so. Maybe! It was either that or Wild Growth, but... Wild Growth feels slowwwww now. I don't think Innervate makes the cut with Lightning Bloom being a thing, honestly.

Rising Winds for early draw or early board, depending. It's super flexible. Otherwise you get most of your draw from Twilight Runner. But I figure if you mull for Ramp cards the rest will sort itself out cause you'll have SO MUCH MANA at that point. Polkelt as the EASIEST SotF tutor in the history of anything.

OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS

Also, alternatively I may try a lower curve list with more midrange-y minions and just run Embiggen Druid with some of the new cards (like the Beast package, but, minus Guardian Animals since Embiggen negative synergy). Dunno, hmmm.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Totem Shaman seems to be the latest deck that mega highroll turn 1 beats me every time lately, even when I'm playing decks that ostensibly counter it. I really wish I could download that card selection grid patch.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    I'm not convinced Kalec is a good dragon card for BGs. By the time you're getting T6 cards there's not exactly a lot you want to drop out of your lineup for the sake of playing a Battlecry card.

Edit - Laffo, I was playing a Mech team and ended up granting them all divine shield. So in the last combat round I had Drakonid Enforcer in play because why not. It even scored the victory blow!

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Henroid wrote: »
    I'm not convinced Kalec is a good dragon card for BGs. By the time you're getting T6 cards there's not exactly a lot you want to drop out of your lineup for the sake of playing a Battlecry card.

Edit - Laffo, I was playing a Mech team and ended up granting them all divine shield. So in the last combat round I had Drakonid Enforcer in play because why not. It even scored the victory blow!

Kalecgos can end up giving your Dragons like +20/+20 or more. Remember that it is not a one time effect. It is +1/+1 for every Battlecry card you play out. You cycle them.

He is THE linchpin card for Dragons. The single most important card for Dragons.

That's like saying "I don't think Brann is worth it for Murlocs, because you don't want to drop anything from your setup to play Battlecry cards"

yes you do

oh yes you do

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I wish I could remember the video I saw it in, but I remember one player doing a hard pivot into dragons after pulling a Kalecgos off a triple. Like, they sold their entire board, played Kalecgos with a few dragons, then spent the rest of the game buying nothing but battlecry minions. While it wasn't a first place finish, they did go from a bottom 3 finish to 2nd.

And it's not only dragons. If you get the right cards and feel like you can risk it, pivoting into a new comp can happen. It's super rare, and often too risky, but having say a Brann and Gentle Megasaur means you can instantly turn into a Murloc comp. Sure, the Murlocs might be weak, but it doesn't matter if they all have Divine Shield and Poisonous.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited August 2020

Kalecgos can end up giving your Dragons like +20/+20 or more. Remember that it is not a one time effect. It is +1/+1 for every Battlecry card you play out. You cycle them.

He is THE linchpin card for Dragons. The single most important card for Dragons.

That's like saying "I don't think Brann is worth it for Murlocs, because you don't want to drop anything from your setup to play Battlecry cards"

yes you do

oh yes you do
    Can end up is different than will end up, though. It's basically an assessment of chance. And while I do take chances in how I play any given round, I also tend to stay in safer guaranteed numbers.

Edit - In a sense it's like getting beaten in a match vs beating myself in a match.

Henroid on
  • Options
    There was mention of a new preview art piece for Poisonous attacks killing a minion in the patch notes. Here's what it looks like:

dhau2dw4tlq4.png

Also, this was a pretty neat concept for Control Warrior using Magtheridon (jump to 11:35):

https://youtu.be/C9luEq4RMRc

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Kalecgos is insane but I think it’s dependent on timing and your ability to quickly cycle through choices so you can grab any and every battlecry and just play it. Because Big K doesn’t care about the battlecry itself, just that it happens.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    edited August 2020

yes you do

oh yes you do
    Can end up is different than will end up, though. It's basically an assessment of chance. And while I do take chances in how I play any given round, I also tend to stay in safer guaranteed numbers.

Edit - In a sense it's like getting beaten in a match vs beating myself in a match.

It's.... I mean, yes, they *will* end up that beefy. It's not really a chance you're taking, the number of Battlecry minions in BGs is super high, it is not uncommon to grab 2-3 a turn.

I could probably dig up screens of some of my successful Dragon games if I still have the screenshots saved.

Edit:
    EdzJL7uWsAAcnvj.png
    EdAF7jqWsA8K5Cm.png

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Wow Aranna Starseeker's power in BG is a lie. It doesn't guarantee 7 cards at all on a refresh.

Edit - Wait unless it means that happens after I refresh five times. Then derp my brain.
    Edit - YEP I AM STUPID also this power owns.

Henroid on
  • Options
    Hey @dibby how do I see my stats like that?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I don't like to, like, dunk on people still learning a game, but Kalecgos is the single best card you can get for a dragon comp and it's not a debatable point, and assertions to the contrary are objectively wrong. Sorry. Even Nadina, another key dragon card, is not as important as Kalecgos (although she can be a useful stopgap if you're not finding Kalecgos and need some power for a dragon comp).

• Options
    Now what is an interesting question is, how worth it is it to suicide roll looking for Kalecgos instead of just building a strong board otherwise? You always need to gauge if you'll get him in time to have an impact before the game ends since you want to get at least 2 full buy phases with him to make it a worthwhile search. Which actually means the question is, how worth it is it to try and force dragons?

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    You should pretty much never force dragons right now because if you're going to force something you should be forcing murlocs. Dragons happens when you luck into a fairly early kalecgos, and at some point you have to roll down hard for nadina and ghoul to have a chance against the murloc players.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Forcing dragons works great if murlocs are banned!

• Options
    Forcing dragons works great if murlocs are banned!

something that should happen every game :bzz:

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I will not be overly surprised if Megasaur gets removed or changed in the next balance pass.

• Options
    I was in Admiral's chat recently and both him and Frodan were saying the problem is that there aren't enough pivots in the game, which makes it tiring when everyone always pivots to murlocs because that's the only real option

there's some credence to that idea, but I just don't really want the game to go in that direction. The big thing that separate Battlegrounds from other autobattlers is the permanent buildup of stats, which pivots throw out the window. Having a sense of continuity from the comp you had at 3* to the one you had at 6* is something I like.

Obviously you need to have some flexibility depending on what you hit, but having the dominant strategy be "fuck all this shit I'm doing this now" seems incredibly lame. But the top players like it because it's a hype play that makes them feel like a skilled player when they pull it off. Bah humbug, I say.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Poisonous is just way too strong an effect for how Battlegrounds works.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Kalc is dope. But this is an end game build. I’ve moved from menagerie and even demons to dragons because any dragons are monsters with kalc. It takes 2 or 3 turns to get the groove out.

• Options
    I will sometimes force dragons if there are no murlocs and I'm far ahead. It works okay on Alex because a) you get 2 free dragons and b) Alex naturally wants to power level to 5, so if you've done an okay job not dying and combined with your Tier 5 power spike, power leveling to 6 to roll for Kalecgos and Nadina is usually pretty safe.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Re: dragons in BGs. I pushed to level 5 using my hero power on turn 8, when I had a decent murloc board plus two Bronze Wardens. I tripled something and found Kalecgos, so I sold most of my board to pick up a Scalebane and didn't look back. Beat up a few murloc players to get there, too. They had fought over key cards and none of them ended up as strong as they could have been, whereas I took the open dragons lane and only had to slam abundant battlecries once I'd filled the rest of my slots.

q7gwqewidq4s.png

• Options
    Poisonous is just way too strong an effect for how Battlegrounds works.

I like Poisonous as a specific counter to Large Bois (like a swole Wrath Weaver or Salty Looter). I think it's a necessary evil in that respect, because otherwise how do you counter giant minions like that?

It's when your entire board has Poisonous that's simply too much. Tech cards like Maexxna are great, Megasaur rolling Poisonous on every Murloc you have is not.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Hey dibby how do I see my stats like that?

@Henroid you're not gonna like this answer!

Stats used to just, be available to anyone. You could click the button, see your past 5 Warbands and all other kinds of juicy info.

They realized they weren't monetizing Battlegrounds hard enough and removed several baseline features and introduced the "Tavern Pass", which has all those features we used to have baseline.

It costs either $9.99 or 2500 gold, you also get it as part of pre-ordering the expac bundle.

So yeah, it's real shitty! It fuckin sucks ass!!

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    A few days ago I did face a person with a murloc deck who managed to have his entire board poisoned minus one minion.