As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New [movie] thread, same as the old one. New Bill and Ted, out soon!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Poor Giger, you make a couple of dick pics and they follow you around for the rest of your life.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    We should all be so lucky.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    I was watching murder she wrote tonight as I have every night for the past few weeks, and jerry orbach reprised his role in season two.

And I was like man what all did he do I love jerry orbach

So I looked up his filmography and this motherfucker was lumiere and did the singing as well?!?!?!?

My world was shaken to its foundations

Orbach had range

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    I was watching murder she wrote tonight as I have every night for the past few weeks, and jerry orbach reprised his role in season two.

And I was like man what all did he do I love jerry orbach

So I looked up his filmography and this motherfucker was lumiere and did the singing as well?!?!?!?

My world was shaken to its foundations

I still miss Jerry Orbach.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I finally watched a Werner Herzog movie instead of just appreciating him as a personality

I watched Aguirre, the Wrath of God

and hey that dude rules at making movies, turns out

that movie is actually just a documentary about what an asshole kinski was

I figured I had to watch an actual narrative movie featuring Kinski first because what I really wanted to jump to was that documentary about how Klaus Kinski was a living demon who existed only to torment Werner Herzog

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Watching reindeer games
    What
    The
    Fuck
    Is
    This
    Movie

I think Gary sinese is just wearing left over lieutenant dan threads

A Christmas movie that was plagued by reshoots, and therefore missed its original holiday date, being consigned instead to the oblivion of February 25.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    That movie was filmed in my hometown in British Columbia. It was weird when my local strip mall had all the signs changed to reference Michigan.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Right, I've done Extraction on friday night, Terminator: Dark Fate on saturday night... I'm gonna keep this theme consistent and cap the weekend off with another good solid B+ action flick*

Shoot me your recommendations!

*or you know, something better, I'm not fussy

Veldrin on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Watching reindeer games
    What
    The
    Fuck
    Is
    This
    Movie

I think Gary sinese is just wearing left over lieutenant dan threads

A Christmas movie that was plagued by reshoots, and therefore missed its original holiday date, being consigned instead to the oblivion of February 25.

since you already wasted ~2 hours watching it, you might as well make the most of it and listen to the Reindeer Games episode of How Did This Get Made?

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I've been doing streaming movie nights with old friends twice a week since a bit after self-isolation began, since we can't get together for our usual once a month board game and bad movie nights. And, ya know, since we can't really get out of the house and do anything at all, and all that. Anyway, I recently asked them to choose the form of their destroyer rather than be entirely surprised by my selections for a change. Gave them a bunch of ridiculous poll options and asked them to rank their top 3 choices. The number one vote getter was "Vroom vroom!" so I streamed Torque for them a few nights ago. Very good times, as terrible as it is and all.

The number two vote getter was "Singing. Lots of singing." This left me with a hell of a lot to work with, but I decided to stream Fire Saga for them tonight. Before the movie started I played videos for songs by Abba, Enya, Olivia Newton-John and t.A.T.u. Nobody had any idea that they had all done Eurovision at some point, so it didn't clue anybody in to what was coming at all. Fire Saga went over well, and when it was over I had about 10 minutes worth of post-movie videos ready to go. I told them that I wanted them to understand that no matter how silly they thought some of the numbers might have been, they really had no idea. So we watched Lodi, the band with Epic Sax Guy, and Verka Serduchka. And I ended the night with this:

https://youtu.be/G1IbRujko-A

As people caught on and said goodnight, I eventually revealed that I had no intention of ending the stream until everybody had exited. It got down to just one attendee and myself very quickly - less than 5 minutes or so. We're now at the 43 minute mark and he's still logged in, so I'm still streaming it. I'd be willing to bet he just put it on mute or left the room or what have you, but I am a man of my word. 44 minutes now and the only break I've had was when I went downstairs to get a beer. You'd think it'd be taking some kind of toll by now, but it really isn't. I feel like I could go all night.

Oh dear lord. I was pretty sure I'd misspelled some part of Verka's name so I opened another tab to double check, and now I have Dancing Lasha Tumbai and Gandalf Sax Guy blaring away simultaneously and this is how people lose their minds. This is some serious David Lynch/David Cronenberg kind of shit. Aaaaaiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    The "How did this get made" for Reindeer games is up there with the Timecop episode

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    I saw 12 Angry Men yesterday after many, many years. I can't speak to how it holds up in the context of modern American society but as a story, it's still an absolute thrill. It's only 96 minute long but it's so brisk and immediately absorbing that it feels even lesser than that. I also love all the little details like how juror 10 literally doesn't speak again after he's told to shut up and juror 4's first bead of sweat.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Speaking of Portrait of a Lady on Fire and Film Festivals, there's a movie on the streaming-at-home festival here starrring Noémie Merlant as an awkward teen girl who meets and falls in love with her dream partner, who she nicknames 'Jumbo' and is particularly difficult to bring home to meet mother, in part because of the distant relationship space growing between the girl and her mother but mostly because Jumbo is a 20 ton neon tilt-a-whirl fairground attraction (or as one reviewer sumamrised, Portrait of a Lady Having Sex With a Theme Park Ride).

It's based on a true story.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Right, I've done Extraction on friday night, Terminator: Dark Fate on saturday night... I'm gonna keep this theme consistent and cap the weekend off with another good solid B+ action flick*

Might be a bit late, but you can never go wrong with the Losers or the A-Team.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    David Lynch plus Star Wars movie doesn't sound like that good of a match to me but imagine if David Lynch got together with George Lucas in the 80s to do a new franchise. *That* could've led to some interesting weirdness

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »

I will always think this is something that should never have been franchised. Games or comics, fine, but in movie form, each successive film just weights the series towards the negative. Nothing compares to that initial sheer wonder of seeing a dinosaur fanatic in Neill seeing dinosaurs made flesh. Now they're just generic fodder.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I do think the Jurassic Park film franchise is pretty fuckin haggard but I am somewhat intrigued by the promised worldwide dinopocalypse of the next movie, billions devoured by the dino menace, that little clone girl who unleashed them gets hanged live on what remains of the internet

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

Okay so I'm clearly 6+ hours late, but have you considered Con Air, or The Rock, or SPEED, or The Fugitive?

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Con Air is a great B+ action movie.

I have too much love in my heart to put The Rock or Speed as B+, even if they probably are.

Allow me to also submit The Rundown (or Welcome To The Jungle for the non-US crowd)

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Or Face/Off or Demolition Man or Big Trouble in Little China?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    David Lynch plus Star Wars movie doesn't sound like that good of a match to me but imagine if David Lynch got together with George Lucas in the 80s to do a new franchise. *That* could've led to some interesting weirdness

Who knows are one time line or another could have this outcome and yet not be in the same dystopia we live in

• Options
    Oh damn what if the next Jurassic Park movie after the dinopocalypse one is a dinotopia one, Sam Neil with a big white beard laughing in the saddle on the back of a fuckin diplodocus

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I do think the Jurassic Park film franchise is pretty fuckin haggard but I am somewhat intrigued by the promised worldwide dinopocalypse of the next movie, billions devoured by the dino menace, that little clone girl who unleashed them gets hanged live on what remains of the internet

I like that idea as well, but I don't think they'll forward time enough for that to be the case. They'll stick to their formulaic recycle-a-thon and it SUCKS. I'd love Mad Max with dinosaurs!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Is that not the confirmed case, I have certainly not been keeping up but I was under the impression that there was a trailer or somethin that demonstrated a world fucked apart by dinopocalypse somehow

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    no trailer yet

• Options
    There was somethin though right like a six minute short or somethin like I'm not a total fucking maniac over here surely

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    There was somethin though right like a six minute short or somethin like I'm not a total fucking maniac over here surely

there is, battle at big rock

its basically what youve described

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    There was a short with a family in a campsite yeah but I don't think that was anything concrete

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh huh I guess there was a short film
    Battle at Big Rock?

• Options
    Was gettin real sweaty about having possibly written jurassic park fanfic again

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Was gettin real sweaty about having possibly written jurassic park fanfic again

Fanfic or slashfic? We all saw how Grant and Malcolm looked at eachother.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    One man's slash is another man's sleasure, as they say

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Who says that? Ansel Adams?

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Lotsa folks

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Fandom, uh, finds a way.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Lotsa folks

Ansel Adams’ cousins?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Lotsa folks

Saul Hudson for sure

This discussion has been closed.