As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    So, how many members of the Entrati family can we expect? If it's similar to the other open world towns…
    • Mother Entrati — bounties (confirmed)
    • conservation/fishing
    • modular weapons (maybe bows & throwing knives this time?)
    • mining
    • modular companions — infested kubrows and kavats (confirmed in art panel)
    • trade trash resources for standing
    • spoiler mode stuff with separate reputation grind (infested amps?)
    • some kind of wildcard unique to the town like masks/k-drives

I can't wait to meet these characters. I love the idea of a family of aristocrats, so much so that they even look down on other Orokin, with their minds being slowly eaten away.

Edit: Rewatching the video, in addition to the icons for Mother Entrati and the lore room, you can also see a paw print, a fish, an anvil, and a mask on the mini-map.

Ivan Hunger on
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    The Stahlta is not the most efficient weapon. However, it is exceedingly enjoyable, and golly if it's not a treat to watch a giant explosion downrange.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    The Stahlta is not the most efficient weapon. However, it is exceedingly enjoyable, and golly if it's not a treat to watch a giant explosion downrange.

It's among the top 10-ish though. Crit focus, Heavy caliber to spread the munitions all over the place. Then find an elevater position and blast the place to bits.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Let me dissolve

Poor choice of words.

Deliberate choice. But it should probably have a content/trigger warning, apologies.
    Isn't that how Tenno, Operators, die? By letting go of form, discorporating, ceasing to be?

Oh no, I wasn't actually upset.
    I was just making a joke about how we can now force our warframes to literally dissolve into the walls of our helminth room.
    Give them to the cancer, you mean.

And let me be clear about why I thought about that warning:
    With the course DE is on, I am very rapidly running out of room and excuses not to stop playing - which would mean my Operator giving up being Tenno, or ceasing to exist entirely.

and the thing is... I doubt they even thought about it, that this could be an issue for some people.

(fuck cancer)

I 100% agree on fuck cancer as someone who had their dad recently survive lung cancer only because the skin cancer he turned out to have on his nose resulted in a doctor wanting to do a full lymph-node scan and finding a tiny lung tumor.

But I'm also 100% on board with DE not considering the infested potentially being an issue with people who are cancer survivors or who have lost people to cancer because there's no overlap. The infested aren't cancer.

They're a grey goo too lazy to actually break everything down into grey goo.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    I still think that if Zoom is too squicked out by this content to want to keep playing, that's valid. It's just a game, and if squidgy gross stuff reminds them of bad times, then the game isn't fun anymore. On the flip side, I think blaming or being mad at DE for this isn't really fair to DE, given that their wheeeeee body horror goes alll the way back to Dark Sector.

For me personally, the biggest "hmmm" was brought up in a Twitter thread: Second Dream pretty firmly establishes that
    even if all non-Umbra Warframes only have the teensiest slivers of consciousness left, they do have *some*. And it would feel *exceptionally* wrong/horrible to feed, say, your very first Excalibur to the thing.

My own speculation, given how we brought Umbra back from *nothing* and that there's an implication that nah, we can have multiple Umbras, is that all Warframes have a sort of collective subconscious in much the same way that Cephalons do -- there's some handwavey nonsense going on, but basically every Excalibur is a clone/copy of some original Excalibur Prime (which itself was a clone/refinement of the prototype Excalibur Umbra). A person is only consumed in the creation of the initial prototype (umbral?) Warframe, everything else is grown on a cloned template (just like how we "bring back" Umbra)

But even that still means that like... if you're doing what I'm doing, I'm taking a fragment copy/clone that's *no different* than the one I use on a regular basis, growing it for the sole purpose of being lunch, and feeding it to the damn thing. Creepy. but very dark and cool in a way I actually like. Like... are the Tenno really any better than the Orokin, doing blood sacrifice to gain greater power? This is the first time that I'm actually not sure at all! And it *does* feel different than selling off my old Warframes when I get a Prime.

On that note of bile-fascination, I kinda almost hope that you end up with little bits of partially digested Warframe left in the wall even after Helminth is "finished." Like an arm, or a finger. part of a faceplate. Behold, Tenno, your horrible amalgamated meat wall of sins.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Yeah, and that's the other half of it; even before... that, I've never been a fan of body horror, at all. It's gross and disgusting and twisted and wrong and that's the entire point, right? Some people find that cool, I guess. Not me.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I'm all for the squishy infested stuff and the body horror and sacrificing some frames for additional options. I'm also a huge fan of infested weapons, companions, etc., so gimme more of those. Especially that arm cannon, that thing was rad as fuck. Gimme that infested insect as a permanent k-drive. Gimme an infested archwing. I want it all.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Oh, and the Orokin stuff in this, all the super gothic, Warhammer-esque designs, I am in love with. And all the "necra" named stuff, hell yeah. Necralisk, necramech, Necraloid, etc. My inner goth is squeaking with joy

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    Oh, and the Orokin stuff in this, all the super gothic, Warhammer-esque designs, I am in love with. And all the "necra" named stuff, hell yeah. Necralisk, necramech, Necraloid, etc. My inner goth is squeaking with joy

also not my thing, but there I just sigh wearily rather than being squicked. but again, if it's your thing, go for it. seriously.

• Options
    Heh. The daily Sortie had Salad V as the end boss, and like... aren't we basically playing mad scientist now, same as he was?

• Options
    oh, but I'm sure our playing with needles will have a much better outcome.
    :rotate:

• Options
    Like... are the Tenno really any better than the Orokin

Definitely not. Never have been.

I've said this before, but for all the Grineer's faults, they at least never served the Orokin willingly.

We're also responsible for creating the power vacuum that plunged the system into a millennium of war. We get explicitly called out on this for first time:

Loid: After the purge, there were no Dax, no Tenno to protect the place. Only us.
    Otak: Not that it's your fault, Chip!
    Loid: Technically, it is.

18jwl2.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2020
    not really spoilers, just more of my blathering.
    And even now, I find myself wanting to retreat from my position. "Why are you getting so worked up about this? It's not important; your feelings aren't important. You're being silly and stupid. It's just a game."

Except... it's not. Or at least not the sort of game where feelings don't matter. IMO, the clear intent of the lore/storyline, from "Second Dream" and "War Within" onward, has been to get the player to emotionally invest, to make them care.

So I guess that's actually my anxiety and poor self-esteem talking. Great, now I have to wrestle with them too. :(

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    arguing that a bunch of mutated and indoctrinated child soldiers served the orokin 'willingly' is definitely a problematic take

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    not really spoilers, just more of my blathering.
    And even now, I find myself wanting to retreat from my position. "Why are you getting so worked up about this? It's not important; your feelings aren't important. You're being silly and stupid. It's just a game."

Except... it's not. Or at least not the sort of game where feelings don't matter. IMO, the clear intent of the lore/storyline, from "Second Dream" and "War Within" onward, has been to get the player to emotionally invest, to make them care.

So I guess that's actually my anxiety and poor self-esteem talking. Great, now I have to wrestle with them too. :(

How you feel is important, and in the words of dan harmon "How you feel is real, but it's not reality". You don't need to justify your feelings to other people sharing the same experience. Enjoy what you can, as you can. If you think other people can help you do that, include them for sure, but don't hold your esteem hostage with external validation. If you have an uncommon take, and you find it to be the most reasonable, do what you need to do.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    arguing that a bunch of mutated and indoctrinated child soldiers served the orokin 'willingly' is definitely a problematic take

yeah. My "hmm" currently is more
    "the Tenno were *thoroughly* brainwashed and indoctrinated before when they were serving the Orokin, and when they rebelled... but we are absolutely free-thinking beings able to forge our paths now, and, with that in mind... taking the remains of the yes actually people who the Orokin tortured and twisted into our battle armor in the first place and feeding them to the very same monster the Orokin used to create said battle armor so we can become more powerful by cherry-picking bits and pieces to feed to the ones we feel are "more worthy" reallly a good look?

Like, this feels like a slippery slope into some very, very dark Alad V, or, worse, Ballas-style mad science. And I say this as someone who is already planning to K-drive down that slope at maximum speed by farming up Warframes to feed the damn thing as we speak.
    I'm also saying this as someone who has an unfinished fan-Frame / warfame fanfic about a Tenno who falls in love but can't bear the idea of their love not being immortal, and makes a new warframe. Except it's a lot more complicated than that and the person in question actually asks to be made into a Warframe of their own will knowing full well what that means... but from the outside, it's enough for the Tenno Council themselves to put out a death mark on said Tenno (and not just a slap on the wrist Syndicate squad either, like, "actual other Tenno are coming to capture and contain you." Tenno can't be killed, sure, but they can sure be put in a box forever.)

Anyway suffice to say I actually love dark morally ambiguous shit like this /popcorn.gif

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    The sacrifice spoiler questions
    Do we know that other frames have an umbral equivalent made from sentient beings? I got the impression that umbral Excalibur was a special case, done in a novel way to torture someone.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    The sacrifice spoiler questions
    Do we know that other frames have an umbral equivalent made from sentient beings? I got the impression that umbral Excalibur was a special case, done in a novel way to torture someone.
    The sacrifice definitely implies that all original warframes were created this way, with the special torture being that umbra was kept conscious for the process. However, The sacrifice also goes into the process of our "umbra recreation". We're recreating umbra from scans of his remains with some help of orokin technology. So our Umbra wasn't grown from a sentient human, but the original template was. Quite possibly the technocyte growth needs a sentient host in order to be shaped into something that can channel the operators void energy.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

yeah. My "hmm" currently is more
    "the Tenno were *thoroughly* brainwashed and indoctrinated before when they were serving the Orokin, and when they rebelled... but we are absolutely free-thinking beings able to forge our paths now, and, with that in mind... taking the remains of the yes actually people who the Orokin tortured and twisted into our battle armor in the first place and feeding them to the very same monster the Orokin used to create said battle armor so we can become more powerful by cherry-picking bits and pieces to feed to the ones we feel are "more worthy" reallly a good look?

Like, this feels like a slippery slope into some very, very dark Alad V, or, worse, Ballas-style mad science. And I say this as someone who is already planning to K-drive down that slope at maximum speed by farming up Warframes to feed the damn thing as we speak.
    I'm also saying this as someone who has an unfinished fan-Frame / warfame fanfic about a Tenno who falls in love but can't bear the idea of their love not being immortal, and makes a new warframe. Except it's a lot more complicated than that and the person in question actually asks to be made into a Warframe of their own will knowing full well what that means... but from the outside, it's enough for the Tenno Council themselves to put out a death mark on said Tenno (and not just a slap on the wrist Syndicate squad either, like, "actual other Tenno are coming to capture and contain you." Tenno can't be killed, sure, but they can sure be put in a box forever.)

Anyway suffice to say I actually love dark morally ambiguous shit like this /popcorn.gif

Wow. All my fanfic is just shitty alternate universe stuff where the warframes are all superheroes who protect Origin City from the Twin Queens of Crime.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    As info, they're gonna reduce the price of any Warframe parts on Simaris when the update comes out, so no rush to buy those up to feed the Helminth unless you're gonna cap standing and want to farm more
    nk04vqkmaoe51.jpg

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Revenant finally cooking.

Because I have like 100 BPs, a duplicate Oberon is now also cooking. Along with a dupe Vauban because why not.

Since I was a weirdo and never ever melted my old warframes when I got primes for sentimental reasons, I have dupes for Ash, Ember, Excal, Frost, Mag, Mirage, Rhino, Valk, and Volt ready to go.

Apparently Wukong's gifted ability is Celestial Twin? I don't know how that's not considered iconic, but it's going to be pretty funny to Duality with Equinox and then Celestial Twin. "I'm my own team now."
    latest?cb=20180516013517

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    IzzimachIzzimach Fighter/Mage/Chef Registered User regular

I wonder what Equinox ability is donated. Other warframes don't have day/night forms so maybe Metamorphosis just give you a generic buff?

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I need the coat. (Also I missed the pistol but I'm only marginally mad about it. :( )

what did I miss? D:

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Dac wrote: »
    Revenant finally cooking.

Because I have like 100 BPs, a duplicate Oberon is now also cooking. Along with a dupe Vauban because why not.

Since I was a weirdo and never ever melted my old warframes when I got primes for sentimental reasons, I have dupes for Ash, Ember, Excal, Frost, Mag, Mirage, Rhino, Valk, and Volt ready to go.

Apparently Wukong's gifted ability is Celestial Twin? I don't know how that's not considered iconic, but it's going to be pretty funny to Duality with Equinox and then Celestial Twin. "I'm my own team now."
    latest?cb=20180516013517

According to a dev comment on reddit, it's probably *not* going to be from Celestial Twin; that screenshot is from an older dev build where they were still messing around.

• Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    Finally a Blind Rage mod dropped for me! I really don't want to know how many runs I have done over the years before this. Now it is important to not think about how many forma I will need and all the leveling to take advantage of it on frames.....

Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
    TetraRay wrote: »
    Finally a Blind Rage mod dropped for me! I really don't want to know how many runs I have done over the years before this. Now it is important to not think about how many forma I will need and all the leveling to take advantage of it on frames.....

Since I started selling prime stuff for plat through warframe.market I've felt that I could afford to buy the triple-packs of forma when I'm in need of it (though I regularily crack open forma through relics).

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Read "iconic" as "worth chosing the frame just to access". People use Wukong because of Celestial Twin, so it's never going to be transferable. The transferable ability is pretty much always going to be the one that uses of the frame care about the least

• Options
    So Cloud Walker, then.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    but imagine Defy on squishy frames

Orphane on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    TetraRay wrote: »

Since I started selling prime stuff for plat through warframe.market I've felt that I could afford to buy the triple-packs of forma when I'm in need of it (though I regularily crack open forma through relics).

I really need to get back to selling at some point. I sunk a good 1k into rhino prime sets for the swtich transfer, and then he was unvaulted and the prices took a beating. Though it looks like he's back up to like 75% of what I bought him for, so it's not too bad

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So I finally did Profit Taker for the first time and man screw that fight. Half the time I can't even read my UI. I have a massive headache.

• Options
    So I finally did Profit Taker for the first time and man screw that fight. Half the time I can't even read my UI. I have a massive headache.

profit taker is the worst fight in the game by far imo

everything about it is bad

• Options
    edited August 2020
    I need the coat. (Also I missed the pistol but I'm only marginally mad about it. :( )

what did I miss? D:

The early giveaway was a fairly uninspiring yet otherwise currently unavailable pistol, but there's also a FUCKING COOL cosmetic as (I think) part of the Hydroid Deluxe set, that's a naval officer's coat that he puts over his shoulders. It's even got sleeves! (That you know, he's too cool to use.)

Edit: Seriously it's pure pirate captain goodness.

dporowski on
  • Options
    edited August 2020

what did I miss? D:

The early giveaway was a fairly uninspiring yet otherwise currently unavailable pistol, but there's also a FUCKING COOL cosmetic as (I think) part of the Hydroid Deluxe set, that's a naval officer's coat that he puts over his shoulders. It's even got sleeves! (That you know, he's too cool to use.)

Edit: Seriously it's pure pirate captain goodness.

FYI: the coat is part of the deluxe set, you didn't miss out on it because it isn't released yet. The pistol was available by watching 30 minutes of watching 30 minutes of the regular digital Tennocon streams. Hydroid Prime was available by watching 30 minutes of the Tennocon Tennolive stream.

edit: also, the pistol is cool as fuck. Crit weapon, automatic, and if you kill with a headshot it shoots even faster with unlimited ammo for the duration of the buff. It's alt-fire makes it mag dump and turns it into a mini-Ignis. Is it the best? I dunno, but it looks and sounds rad, and it gets work done

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Oh no no, I know I didn't miss the coat. I am just drooling over the coat.

Edit: And I got a Kuva Brakk with a lens on it. It's... hard to replace, you know? All my secondaries are turning out to be "not my Kuva Brakk".

dporowski on
  • Options
    Orphane wrote: »

the literal only reason I do Profit Taker is because I've cheesed away most of the worst parts of it via a maxed Arcane Nullifier (gives Magnetic resistance) + Vazarin Dash (makes me invincible and heals) + various other healing Operator Arcanes + a fully Umbral Chroma Prime + a fuckton of energy pizza

if you've cheesed it enough, it's hypothetically faster than the Index

but it should say something that 90% of the people you encounter in pub groups cheesing PT are similarly cheese-ass Chromas (9% is idiots who wandered in here like "lo what's happenling folkz" and 1% madpersons with some totally off the wall build that somehow works and does more damage than all the other Chromas combined [you suspect Riven cheese and/or hacking])

• Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular

the literal only reason I do Profit Taker is because I've cheesed away most of the worst parts of it via a maxed Arcane Nullifier (gives Magnetic resistance) + Vazarin Dash (makes me invincible and heals) + various other healing Operator Arcanes + a fully Umbral Chroma Prime + a fuckton of energy pizza

but it should say something that 90% of the people you encounter in pub groups cheesing PT are similarly cheese-ass Chromas (9% is idiots who wandered in here like "lo what's happenling folkz" and 1% madpersons with some totally off the wall build that somehow works and does more damage than all the other Chromas combined [you suspect Riven cheese and/or hacking])

Or sometimes this crazy person.

https://youtu.be/NwG3oNR6TXk

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Who-Psyd wrote: »

Oh what in the fucking fuck :lol:

• Options
    Who-Psyd wrote: »

Oh what in the fucking fuck :lol:

Ivara is hax. This is known.

• Options
    i mean whenever i have to fight profit taker for whatever godforsaken reason i just play Mesa and do add control

This discussion has been closed.