As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Justice of the [Chat]

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    How can you make mac and cheese "wrong"?

Cook macaroni.

Add hunks of cheese.

Bake.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    There's also salt, pepper, a saltine crust, and milk on the bottom but that's the essence of it

bechamel is superfluous.

VishNub on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Just macaroni casserole, nothing wrong about that.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I think my dad's lazy enchiladas is one of my favorite recipes for which you can do it right and better but who cares.

Cook chicken in a pain with salt and pepper. Cut into pieces. Put in a food processor with onions and cheese. You can add a jalapeño or something like a poblano as well. Process for the filling. Heat up enchilada sauce. Dip the corn tortillas into it. Fill, roll, fill roll. Once the pan is full just put the rest of the sauce on them. Cover in cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.

It comes out real good.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I think my dad's lazy enchiladas is one of my favorite recipes for which you can do it right and better but who cares.

Cook chicken in a pain with salt and pepper. Cut into pieces. Put in a food processor with onions and cheese. You can add a jalapeño or something like a poblano as well. Process for the filling. Heat up enchilada sauce. Dip the corn tortillas into it. Fill, roll, fill roll. Once the pan is full just put the rest of the sauce on them. Cover in cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.

It comes out real good.

We had something similar. Good stuff.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    How can you make mac and cheese "wrong"?

first you add the pork

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    I still do a pound of macaroni, a pound of shredded cheese, a can of Campbell's cheddar cheese soup, and add milk until it's smooth.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Turns out cheese tastes good

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Mac and cheese always benefits from something with a bit of tang

Olives or capers or whatever

Alternatively if it's literally just pasta in cheese sauce then some thing like brinjal pickle or chutney

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »

Alternatively if it's literally just pasta in cheese sauce then some thing like brinjal pickle or chutney

Nah its good straight. Though I tend to load up a bit of black pepper on mine.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Winky wrote: »
    If you don't read the story then you will not be able to replicate any of the emotional component of the meal,

this is maybe the second-most-efficient TOTP sentence ever in terms of immediately bringing me up to speed on the current conversation

(the first one, of course, being "butts")

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I have cashed in my negative peanuts for about 600 coins.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    fuck yes

tst5vzn30d7n.png

Jessica Telephone is a powerhouse, this is an outright coup for the Tigers

• Options

my mom would mix a dab of mustard in

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Hey.

The new Paper Mario is good actually.

I just beat the second boss and boy was he interesting gameplay wise....

2nd boss spoilers. Don't check unless you want to be spoiled.
    The second boss you fight is a giant (Normal sized) colored pencil case. It can shoot pencils as missiles and somehow generate an infinite number of them?
    anyway, the way to beat it is to move behind it and use Mario's magic origami arms to close the case as it has pencils primed to shoot, causing Jean-Pierre's missiles to explode in himself. Oh yeah, the boss' name is Jean Pierre Colored Pencils.

Anyway, cause enough damage and it starts spinning pencils indie itself, blocking you from closing it from behind. Instead you have to use the origami arms from the front to, an i'm not kidding, GRAB THE BUNDLE OF PENCILS TO BASH AND STAB THE CASE WITH HIS OWN PENCILS UNTIL IT EXPLODES.

Honestly, i've not played a Paper Mario since thousand year door and the vibe is a lot different.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular

my mom would mix a dab of mustard in

Or as the youth would say

yeet a dab of mustard

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    mad max fury road is on netflix

so of course its time to watch it again

god this is such a thoroughly fantastic movie

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    mad max fury road is on netflix

so of course its time to watch it again

god this is such a thoroughly fantastic movie

I didn't like it because max isn't actually that mad in it? I felt lied to by the title.

(In reality, i really liked it.)

• Options
    it wasn't written as a script - just storyboards, as far as the eye could see. And it shows. Apart from being incredibly excellent action, the visual storytelling and characterization is just *mwah* sublime

the fact that a few of the lines here and there come off as goofy almost makes it better. (everything the dag says, "bullet farmers, they're coming from the bullet farm")
    It's kind of like the movie's saying that words are for theater and literature. This is neither.

There are probably a good few video essays out there explaining a lot better some of the various bits they do but it's fantastic.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    My favourite thing about Fury Road
    The opening chase and the sandstorm is, appropriately, high-octane and unceasing action. With the cut to black and Max very slowly digging himself out of the sand, I palpably felt that the pace hadn't just slowed, it hit a dead stop. And in some ways it was a relief. It all felt very deliberate, and not trying to hide that felt good. I know this is a bit rambly but I just like that.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Mustard is great in mac and cheese. You can use vinegar based condiment mustard for some tang, which I think benefits it greatly, or if you're more of a purist, dry mustard powder will just punch up the cheese flavor and make it taste more savory, like the cheese did before it was combined with milk/butter and made into a sauce.

If you omit the mustard entirely, you get a thick, fatty, creamy sauce but the cheese flavor is kind of limp. Richness without flavor.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    $800 in credit card payments.

Feels good, but at the same time I wish I was paying that to a single card instead of 2.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Athenor wrote: »

Feels good, but at the same time I wish I was paying that to a single card instead of 2.

What if the cards were fully posable?

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    it wasn't written as a script - just storyboards, as far as the eye could see. And it shows. Apart from being incredibly excellent action, the visual storytelling and characterization is just *mwah* sublime

the fact that a few of the lines here and there come off as goofy almost makes it better. (everything the dag says, "bullet farmers, they're coming from the bullet farm")
    It's kind of like the movie's saying that words are for theater and literature. This is neither.

There are probably a good few video essays out there explaining a lot better some of the various bits they do but it's fantastic.

The visual fluency of the movie is really apparent if you watch it back to back with something like a Nolan Batman movie or something like a Michael Bay film. Both are also in the spectacle genre but they are so patchwork. They use editing to connect disjoint scenes and communicate just the bare minimum they need to convey that X is punching Y or Z is blowing up. Fury Road is interested in making sure every visual element is introduced, established, tracked, performs a physically plausible action, and leaves. Shots are framed to maximize coherence and I love everything about this.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    In Blaseball news, The Discipline Era continues

And you can now purchase antipeanuts for negative money

I bought one and I’m not sure if that was a mistake or if I should load up on as many antipeanuts as I can unafford

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I have questions about Facebook's suggested quick replies.

q4bc8kk0tktz.png

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    David Chang said he puts Worcestershire sauce in his Mac n cheese and I tried it and it was good
    I can see mustard being good

Speaking of food right now I have the bubble gut
    Or should I say bubble bowels
    Bubble lower GI tract

poo
  • Options
    RedTide wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »

What if the cards were fully posable?

Are they life-size?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Facebook has suggested replies now?

I am pretty sure this is one of the 4 horsemen. Famine retired and was replaced with Facebook Quick Reply.

A new sort of famine where we consume non-nutritive fake social interaction until we die.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    My favourite thing about Fury Road
    The opening chase and the sandstorm is, appropriately, high-octane and unceasing action. With the cut to black and Max very slowly digging himself out of the sand, I palpably felt that the pace hadn't just slowed, it hit a dead stop. And in some ways it was a relief. It all felt very deliberate, and not trying to hide that felt good. I know this is a bit rambly but I just like that.
    relief was very much the theme of that sequence

we've got the muffled sound and the heartbeat noise thumping until he gets the IV out

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    And I don’t care if you think I’m a weird pervert I want a life-sized doll because I mean why wouldn’t you want one? it is the ultimate toy! Like how is that not the fantasy of every girl? It’s a doll you can dress up in real clothes!

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    David Chang said he puts Worcestershire sauce in his Mac n cheese and I tried it and it was good

Bubble lower GI tract

J Kenji Lopez-Alt (Serious Eats) uses Worcestershire or fish sauce in a bunch of unexpected things to punch up the umami. I just did his stroganoff which used both (plus mustard) in it and it was awesome

• Options

The visual fluency of the movie is really apparent if you watch it back to back with something like a Nolan Batman movie or something like a Michael Bay film. Both are also in the spectacle genre but they are so patchwork. They use editing to connect disjoint scenes and communicate just the bare minimum they need to convey that X is punching Y or Z is blowing up. Fury Road is interested in making sure every visual element is introduced, established, tracked, performs a physically plausible action, and leaves. Shots are framed to maximize coherence and I love everything about this.

yeah I was sitting here just extremely enjoying the fight between max and furiosa and how much fun the choreography is - and how every cut happens to set the stage for the next dance move

and stuff like, nux and max, being told mainly through shots interspersed over the story, and not a lot of words at all

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I have negative peanuts and I'm so confused

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

Bubble lower GI tract

mustard is a long established mac and cheese thing. you see it in tons of recipes.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Sunday afternoon and a weirdly productive time for my household as I just sat down for an hour and wrote and uploaded documentation due Friday (as in two days ago) and loser is finishing some writing due to his group yesterday

We are...aligned in work ethic, at least hahaha

Also this morning--ok when I woke up, so 2.30 PM morning--we walked to the french patisserie and got great pastries :D

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Fury Road is very good and I should probably just buy it on blu Ray so that I can brag about it being in my collection and look down on others who don’t

Neco on
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Also my bottle of Worcestershire suggests using it on on rice instead of soy sauce and they can get right the fuck outta here with that nonsense

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Perhaps there are finer, more intensely pleasurable feelings than the one that fills every cell of your body when you jiggle a needle in your jaw and prise out an in-growing hair like a fat, black parasite and draw it entirely forth in one piece, a thick, single curl of irritation you hold aloft like a trophy.

But I think not.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
This discussion has been closed.